AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-02-12, 16:42   Link #761
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I didn't think I had. Is simply mentioning the presence of a bishounen a spoiler? I didn't say who it was or what the situation was. Seems to me far less info than in the briefest of newspaper movie reviews or even previews. Personally, I thought I was advertising the show rather than spoiling it. But I'm certainly willing to be convinced.
for some people even minor future events are spoilers. I know people never watch previews of anime just to not be spoiled at all.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 22:26   Link #762
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
for some people even minor future events are spoilers. I know people never watch previews of anime just to not be spoiled at all.
I know that, and keep an eye on the customs in each thread. But the fact of a bishounen in a future episode hardly seems to me any kind of spoiler. It never occurred to me it could spoil anyone. I mean, would it be a spoiler if I said Shion played shougi in a future episode?

But I have run into this before, and try to keep comments spoilered until subs have been out a while or others have plastered real spoilers all over the place. These threads are basically fansub threads, so I have learned to spoiler my comments on raws.

I'll keep trying to be more careful, I suppose, although I'm not sure my mind can actually grasp this idea. I'd feel better if Shiroth told me it was actually he who felt spoiled, rather than some theoretical person.

In any case, thanks to you both for keeping me alert, painful and confusing as I find this.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 20:44   Link #763
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
And then there's KimiAru, which has at least as much fanservice as the execrable R+V, but it all works, especially with the outrageous nature of the humor in that show.

Personally, I think having just a bit of fanservice in TT is good: just a bit of panty and a girl holding a towel, as far as I can recall. It gives a little edge to things. I also liked the tiny bit of male fanservice (naked upper body bishounen) in ep16 of the unfortunately neglected Shion no Ou.
this is true, but Fan-service is fine as long as it's not super ecchi. because yea fan-service is good and fun when it adds to the story, but this anime wouldnt benefit from fan-service and nudity etc "just to be there". So thats why I enjoy this show so much so far
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 22:38   Link #764
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
this is true, but Fan-service is fine as long as it's not super ecchi. because yea fan-service is good and fun when it adds to the story, but this anime wouldnt benefit from fan-service and nudity etc "just to be there". So thats why I enjoy this show so much so far
same here. fan service is good in shows that are ment to make you laugh and be pointless in general, but a show as serious as True Tears would be ruined by pointless fan service.

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 06:28   Link #765
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
same here. fan service is good in shows that are ment to make you laugh and be pointless in general, but a show as serious as True Tears would be ruined by pointless fan service.
This show doesn't uses fanservice to attract the audience, but the little fanservice we got is just part of the story and used to develope the characters and show how they feel about each other.
Like Shin looking at Hiromi during breakfast and seeing through her clothes. that was just to show how much she was inside his head.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 12:00   Link #766
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
that's exactly what i mean though. any fanservice in the show only add's to the show and doesn't really distract you from the main point.

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 23:34   Link #767
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
^^ unless it's R+V which doesn't have a point anyways
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 00:49   Link #768
velvet
"with you, happiness"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Anyone else think that the opening and ending songs offer some clues? The part about "even a narrow road is fine", "...towards the miracle" as well as a few other lines although the rest are probably just filler material. I'm guessing in terms of the show it means to take a difficult path and finding happiness at the end or taking a small opportunity and turning it into a miracle. The songwriters probably got a general idea of what the show would be about and what happens from the director or lead writer and then wrote lyrics that would fit the show. Even the ending song has a few interesting lines and seems to tell things from Hiromi's point of view. Not my translation.

I want to forget,
I have to forget.
While wavering,
My heart sinks.
It's for you,
I'm tellin' a lie. (This part is sung in english. Some translators missed this initially and made up something but updated their ED translation later)

That part matches up with Hiromi in episodes 2 and 3 where she struggles with herself, sees Shin carrying Noe, then tells the lie about liking #4 (Jun). Some of the lyrics seem to have proven relevant to what actually happens so I'm wondering if a few other lines will prove relevant as well.
Interesting thoughts. Gotta re-check Reflectia's lyrics.
velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 11:25   Link #769
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

As a rule, I avoid high school romances. If it's sappy, sentimental, soap operas I'm after, I'd sooner watch K-drama instead. At least then there would be real actresses I can ogle and fantasise over.

So, it was with some apprehension that I gave True Tears a try. And sure enough, I come across the same contrived plots of shy girls, love triangles, clueless boys, and a lead hero whom every single girl seems to fall in love with. It even has the *tada*
Spoiler:

But then, here I am, seven episodes later, and I'm still looking forward to the rest of the show. The overall aesthetic is very attractive, and the characters are highly likeable even though I find the plot annoyingly predictable. Isurugi Noe made the show fun and interesting ever since Episode 2, and she continues to make me smile, while Aiko is now my favourite girl in the show. I'll be rooting for her, even if it seems futile.

Oh wait. What's this? Arrgh. I've been hooked while my guard is down! Dammit! I should be more careful next time when checking out high school romances.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 16:54   Link #770
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The drama CD... I had completely forgotten it until today, but randomly found it and listened... Really nostalgic, everything is... BGM... characters... Stories were nicely done too. As expected, Hiromi's story is the lightest and Noe's story (focused on her after being dumped) is the gloomiest...
Poor Noe...
Though I support Hiromi, so I guess I didn't suffer as much as Noe's as they listened to this CD.

Geez... Whenever Miyukichi talks, I hear Takumi's voice...

As always, Noe's attitude is as denpa as ever... *sigh*

Well, it really was a good anime... Hiromi saikou desu~!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 11:53   Link #771
Kikyo_Cat
[ I ♥ Katy Perry! ]

Send a message via MSN to Kikyo_Cat
I loved this series :\

I'm really into romance stuff though. xD

though I can't say who I'd rather him be with, because I'm not sure ,><,
Kikyo_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 15:24   Link #772
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Here's some gratifying news:

http://www.animenation.net/blog/2009...d-anime-on-bd/
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 07:37   Link #773
velvet nightmare

wait what? it ranked ahead of haruhi and clannad?
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 17:23   Link #774
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
wait what? it ranked ahead of haruhi and clannad?
There might be a logical reason for that. Back in the early days, the show was supposed to get a Blu-Ray release, and then it was cancelled and released only on DVD. So it could be that people who were planning to buy the show decided to hold off and wait for the Blu-Rays rather than purchase the DVDs. With Clannad and Haruhi, no Blu-Ray release was ever promised, so most of the people who wanted to buy the show may have already bought it on DVD (not knowing whether it may or may not get re-released "some day"), so may not want to buy it again.

I know that, speaking personally, I'd definitely re-buy true tears if it were released on Blu-Ray. Not 100% sure about the other two (even though I like them a lot as well).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 14:24   Link #775
velvet nightmare

but the title of the article was "Japanese Fans Rank Most Wanted Anime on BD" it's irrelevant if there will ever be a haruhi blu ray b/c it's a 'want' survey. else those entries wouldn't be posted in the first place. the small sample size leads me to believe that the Japan’s Blu-ray Disc Association really isn't an influential group and this survey is probably meaningless b/c honestly just looking at "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 2.4% 209 votes". really. 209 votes? only 209 people want a haruhi blu ray release? it's like going to an anime convention or something and finding out only 2 or 3 people out of 100 want a haruhi blu ray. i find it odd
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 14:24   Link #776
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
the small sample size leads me to believe that the Japan’s Blu-ray Disc Association really isn't an influential group and this survey is probably meaningless b/c honestly just looking at "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 2.4% 209 votes". really. 209 votes? only 209 people want a haruhi blu ray release? it's like going to an anime convention or something and finding out only 2 or 3 people out of 100 want a haruhi blu ray. i find it odd
Of course, any survey's results should be taken with a grain of salt, so yes there is a chance the results are slightly biased. Not sure how big the sample size is or who exactly was surveyed, so it mgiht lead to misleading. I'm still reallt happy true tears got that many votes though. As for Haruhi, the Endless Eight arc might still be fresh on everyone's mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I know that, speaking personally, I'd definitely re-buy true tears if it were released on Blu-Ray.
You and me both. Still one of, if not my, favorite anime series ever.
Old 2009-10-12, 06:42   Link #777
Arya

Anyone has read the review of TT DVD on ANN? It doesn't seem fair at all to me. I understand that some people could be not happy about hiromi ending, but be honest a bit.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/revi...-anime-legends
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 19:40   Link #778
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Anyone has read the review of TT DVD on ANN? It doesn't seem fair at all to me. I understand that some people could be not happy about hiromi ending, but be honest a bit.
Well, it pretty much has all the smatterings of "I've been forced to review a genre I rather detest". If you take away the symbolism and metaphors (which are the essential basis of the plot), and remove the leads and the weighty atmosphere, what's left? Well, apparently Noe and Nobuse, the two characters he did like and could relate to. So it was sort of a foregone conclusion ("the only parts I liked were only subplots").

But then again, I fundamentally disagree with the premise that one should be able to take any which anime, watch it, and expect to be entertained just by virtue of the fact that other anime have entertained you before (any more than watching any random movie, or reading and random book, or playing any random game). But this is what these people have to do to justify their paycheque -- they get paid to watch everything so that other people don't have to, and just don't blame them if they don't like most of what they're forced to watch. This is why knowing the reviewer's tastes and biases (and where you stand in relation) is almost more important than whatever they have to say.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 11:20   Link #779
foxy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, it pretty much has all the smatterings of "I've been forced to review a genre I rather detest". If you take away the symbolism and metaphors (which are the essential basis of the plot), and remove the leads and the weighty atmosphere, what's left? Well, apparently Noe and Nobuse, the two characters he did like and could relate to. So it was sort of a foregone conclusion ("the only parts I liked were only subplots").

But then again, I fundamentally disagree with the premise that one should be able to take any which anime, watch it, and expect to be entertained just by virtue of the fact that other anime have entertained you before (any more than watching any random movie, or reading and random book, or playing any random game). But this is what these people have to do to justify their paycheque -- they get paid to watch everything so that other people don't have to, and just don't blame them if they don't like most of what they're forced to watch. This is why knowing the reviewer's tastes and biases (and where you stand in relation) is almost more important than whatever they have to say.
I agree with you on this ..I mean when you review a show ,you shouidn't just focus on the characters you like but the whole entire series ...
foxy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 11:22   Link #780
foxy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
He's review is a bit unfair if you ask me ,Hiromi was one of the most complex characters in this anime and she deserved the ending that she got ..He didn't taik a bout it from Hiromi's POV -only noe and Nobuse ..I wonder why ?

I'm I the only one who thinks that Hiromi didn't do anything wrong -it seems that people are blind to this show and don't seem to focus on Hiromi.. but Ai made 10 times worst mistakes than Hiromi and she was more messed up than her because of her self-loathing (even the writer said that ).At least Hiromi's actions were understandabe given her situation ..messy for sure but she didn't go as far as Ai did ..did she ? though I liked all characters and Ai was my fav ..

I'm sorry but he's reveiw doesn't make sence at all ..He only taiked a bout Nobuse and Noe..this review sucks ..
foxy12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, circus, drama, p.a. works, romance, school life