AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-07-05, 12:52   Link #12921
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
From Conrnelia's TIPS:
ah okay then that's settled. the SSVD are a separate group from the eiserne jungfrau.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 12:53   Link #12922
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

I guess she wanted to go for low-cut v-necks and coats instead of lacy thighless leotards.

Can't say I blame her.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 12:55   Link #12923
DgBarca

So in heaven, Eiserne Jungefrau is the 7th ranked juridiction, and SSVD is 6th...
I am sure that Virgila is in the 1st...*dream*
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 12:58   Link #12924
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Almazluverdis3
Anyway, who doubts that these two are Genderbent!Beatrice and Genderbent!Adult!Maria?

Shot me, guys. I'm just so dumb.
Old 2010-07-05, 13:01   Link #12925
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

...speaking of Shannon's ring...

What if the scene with the ring is misdated?

In particular, in Ep2, where Shannon accepts the ring and the text about 'wait three years' comes up, the scene rather sharply snaps to the topic -- first they're talking about Beatrice, as if George is having a strategy meeting with Shannon, and then boom, "George-san. ...What does it mean, ...to be engaged?" out of the blue. Isn't George supposed to be the one wanting to give her the ring?...

What if this particular scene with the ring happened three years ago, and this sharp 180 turn actually marks a flashback?

That would actually imply George gave her the ring when she was 13, and the dating of the Ep2 pre-game scenes slides off, which is not very nice, but, this would explain some things.
  • Why George isn't ever seen kissing Shannon. -- Way too risky.
  • Why doesn't George stop Battler when Battler goes for Shannon's breasts. -- They aren't his to touch, so to speak.
  • Why is he so hypnotically manipulative and cautious at the same time. -- Same reason.
  • Why the ring is nowhere to be actually seen. -- Shannon keeps it somewhere and kept it for three years.
It's not a very good fit, but I feel there might be something there.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 13:04   Link #12926
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Then why did he ask Hideyoshi about it? Or was he expecting her decision that day? Why that day specifically?
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 13:05   Link #12927
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

@Oliver- I dunno. I think it would be impossible for Shannon to keep it for three years without Kanon seeing it once and throwing it in the ocean/stealing/giving it away/destroying it. I'm sure as hell he'd be upset.

Kanon hates George.
Old 2010-07-05, 13:10   Link #12928
Ronove

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B574L...os=roh3G4lwPBM

Don't know if these pics are legit or not, but based on the translations made, it seems the furnitures know more than we thought...
Old 2010-07-05, 13:13   Link #12929
Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Then why did he ask Hideyoshi about it? Or was he expecting her decision that day? Why that day specifically?
If that misdating conjecture is correct, now three years have elapsed, it's time to actually marry Shannon, and George wants her Final Answer.
If it's a yes, they go official this very evening and tell the rest of the family -- or at least Eva, who would be the only one to seriously care about it -- to cope, or George just leaves for, say, Europe together with Shannon.
It's specifically today -- because he only meets Shannon during very rare cases when he visits the island. You don't communicate such decisions by phone if you can help it, you do it face to face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almazluverdis3 View Post
@Oliver- I dunno. I think it would be impossible for Shannon to keep it for three years without Kanon seeing it once and throwing it in the ocean/stealing/giving it away/destroying it. I'm sure as hell he'd be upset.

Kanon hates George.
Sure, why not. Makes a perfect reason for Shannon to duel Kanon, don't you think?

(updated 2010-08-24)
Old 2010-07-05, 13:14   Link #12930
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

@Ronove- YES, I AGREE. Shannon mentions Kumasawa knowing the culprit.

Quote:
Sure, why not. Makes a perfect reason for Shannon to duel Kanon, don't you think?
@Oliver- Oh, yes. I always thought that.
(Warning, not for those who are easily offended.)

Kanon: -sees ring- Nee-san! How's George doing? I bet he's blind.

Shannon: What? I'll kill you!

Kanon: No, I'll kill you.

Shannon: AGGGHHHHHGGGGHHHHH

And the fight starts.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:13   Link #12931
Judoh
Mystery buff

Well with the 3 years thing I always took that as meaning George was prepared to make his own Zaibatsu outside of the Ushiromiya family in that span of three years since he said he wanted to build up a big family right? Or did he say that he likes women that are good with kids? I can't remember. Either way that was how I interpreted it.

The other way you can interpret it. Is that the ring being mentioned is the heads ring. Since these are the only two rings mentioned. And that George is giving it to her or vice versa (Shannon proposed to George in the other case)
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 14:22   Link #12932
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Well with the 3 years thing I always took that as meaning George was prepared to make his own Zaibatsu outside of the Ushiromiya family in that span of three years since he said he wanted to build up a big family right? Or did he say that he likes women that are good with kids? I can't remember. Either way that was how I interpreted it.

The other way you can interpret it. Is that the ring being mentioned is the heads ring. Since these are the only two rings mentioned. And that George is giving it to her or vice versa (Shannon proposed to George in the other case)
Like I said before, KANON. And Eva. And Kinzo (I don't think he cares though) and Natushi (she'll be pissed at Sayo) And Krauss (I dunno? He might be a little mad.)
Old 2010-07-05, 14:24   Link #12933
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almazluverdis3 View Post
Like I said before, KANON. And Eva. And Kinzo (I don't think he cares though) and Natushi (she'll be pissed at Sayo) And Krauss (I dunno? He might be a little mad.)
George said he'd tear his own heart out of his chest to revive her. I don't think he cares what anyone thinks. They can kiss his kingly Japanese ass.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:28   Link #12934
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
George said he'd tear his own heart out of his chest to revive her. I don't think he cares what anyone thinks. They can kiss his kingly Japanese ass.
@Judoh- HELL YEAH GEORGE

But I'm still having second thoughts about Kanon. I bet he'd want George to commit suicide, but not for that reason.

That reason is just not an option. Besides, if Kanon and George were the last two survivors, George would die first. And the who? Do the math.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:30   Link #12935
Oliver

Quote:
Like I said, this works perfectly fine, until you consider the possible reactions Shannon has to face in workplace, and the fact that George will have to face three years of drilling by his mother every bloody morning because he still lives with his parent, doesn't he. Giving the ring and not making it public is pointless. But making it public creates an unbalanced situation, it's like asking to get your future marriage torpedoed. While open resistance by Eva may be quelled one way or another, I see no way to stop the covert resistance. No matter how kingly an ass, it can still be soundly kicked by superior forces or pure domestic passive-aggressive measures. And don't tell me that Eva can't be passive-aggressive, I bet the notes on the fridge in the morning would be enough to break anyone's heart alone.

Getting the headship by solving the epitaph right there and then would be the only practical way to destroy all opposition that I can think of, but I see no indication that George was ever any close to the solution.

Quote:
This has been proposed before and while I agree there might be something to this idea, I don't like it. There's no clear indication that the head ring is involved, no reason for George to wait three years if he has actual headship, and if he doesn't the ring is, well, just a ring, symbolic but that's it. Not to mention Hideyoshi actually seeing the ring would become supremely puzzling.

(updated 2010-08-24)
Old 2010-07-05, 14:36   Link #12936
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

@ Oliver- Exactly. The work place. Besides, George will not be able to hold it for three years.

Eva: George, there are (insert cost of ring here) missing off your bank account. Why?
TWO HOURS LATER

Ushiromiya George was found dead in his father's office.

Kanon: Hey Nee-san, -sees ring- OH SHIT YOU DID NOT NEE-SAN YOU IDOIT

Same thing.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:42   Link #12937
Racheya-sama
Witch of Ambition

Send a message via MSN to Racheya-sama
Taken from the 2nd Umineko OP, foreshadowing of Dine? It was some foreshadowing of Knox.

Am I the only one that thinks saying
'Red only tells the truth', to prove that it does, is a bit redundant?

I am Racheya-Beatrice, the Emerald Witch of Ambition
Racheya-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 14:42   Link #12938
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Like I said, this works perfectly fine, until you consider the possible reactions Shannon has to face in workplace, and the fact that George will have to face three years of drilling by his mother every bloody morning because he still lives with his parent, doesn't he. Giving the ring and not making it public is pointless. But making it public creates an unbalanced situation, it's like asking to get your future marriage torpedoed. While open resistance by Eva may be quelled one way or another, I see no way to stop the covert resistance. No matter how kingly an ass, it can still be soundly kicked by superior forces or pure domestic passive-aggressive measures. And don't tell me that Eva can't be passive-aggressive, I bet the notes on the fridge in the morning would be enough to break anyone's heart alone.
Do we actually know he lives with his parents though? I don't remember anything implying that. Besides that with the work situation it would cause I'd like to think it wasn't a flashback to 3 years ago because of that, and I'd find it hard to beleive that he'd propose to her at all if they weren't mentally prepared for all of that. And he did say he's always prepared.

Her working there is already a problem add 3 years of everybody, but Eva, knowing and it just feels ridiculous.

He did say at one point in the episode 2 pre story that if people threw stones he'd treat as celebratory confetti. So I guess he takes criticism like a pro wrestler. Shannon and George would have to had a talk to plan all this stuff out or it wouldn't make any sense.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:43   Link #12939
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir

Send a message via AIM to Laserworm Send a message via MSN to Laserworm
I can't wait for ep7, it looks like it is going to awesome, and gives a lot more clear hints, if not tell us lots of close truths. My guess is that ep7 will give us lots of hints pointing to the wrong person being the culprit, with also hidden hints pointing to the right culprit. That way the people who are on the right track will not get trapped and figure out the answer, but it won't give a solid answer, and then in ep8 it will eliminate that fake culprit that we were heavily hinted at in ep7, and give a few more hints to the real culprit. Thus leaving us with enough to solve the story, if we just went back and re-thought things.

I'm really interesting in seeing who these two new characters are. I don't mind if the guy is Dine and the other is his partner, or Beatrice. But to be honest I would love to be surprised and have it turn out to be completely different people.
Laserworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 14:47   Link #12940
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheya-sama View Post
Taken from the 2nd Umineko OP, foreshadowing of Dine? It was some foreshadowing of Knox.

The OP for episode 2 or the second OP for episode 7?