AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-27, 10:33   Link #1
Ashaman

Last Exile - Sunadokei no Tabibito

Or Last Exile: The Travelers From The Hourglass

The description:

Quote:
After the first "Last Exile" series, Claus, Lavie, Alvis, and our other heroes board the colony ship, Exile, to return home to the planet humanity abandoned hundreds of years (ago/before). A few months have passed and the quiet, peaceful life they had hoped for is suddenly disrupted when a familiar enemy shows up. How did the enemy they left behind a world ago follow them all the way home!?
So far there isn't much, but its interesting.

The view of their world from the outside was weird to say the least.

As someone new to Last Exile (I only just marathoned the first series in response to Fam) I hadn't realised that their world was a Dyson Sphere, or should I say Dyson Hourglass.

It may also go hand in hand with Fam, considering that she and Giselle cameo in one page
Old 2011-10-27, 22:18   Link #2
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Interesting, and possibly important story about the series... That will probably not get an official English language version... Just like the official art book for the first series that explained everything.
Old 2011-11-04, 11:07   Link #3
azarhal

Chapter 1 was released.

Lots of flying around...
Old 2011-11-04, 15:43   Link #4
DangerMouse

That was a nice little chapter.
Old 2011-11-08, 09:42   Link #5
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Also kind of confirms how the Guild, again, likely has some connection to the current Turan/Ades conflict. Sheesh.
Old 2011-11-10, 14:45   Link #6
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Also kind of confirms how the Guild, again, likely has some connection to the current Turan/Ades conflict. Sheesh.
I wonder, could you suppose that the Guild were at one time the technocratic rulers of Earth back before Exile. Maybe what we saw in the first season was the last bit of true Guild control over Humanity.
Old 2011-11-11, 02:36   Link #7
TheKage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
I wonder, could you suppose that the Guild were at one time the technocratic rulers of Earth back before Exile. Maybe what we saw in the first season was the last bit of true Guild control over Humanity.
All this is based on the Timeline on the Last Exile wikia...

I'm not sure if they were the technocratic rulers, but they were at least the ones tasked with being in charge of the technology that managed all of the Presters. Guild was the safeguard to make sure that the Presters functioned correctly for its inhabitants.

... but well years passed and that safeguard isn't quite the best safeguard.

If they were truly the rulers on Earth, I don't see why they'd allow themselves to forget what they had.
Old 2011-11-11, 05:23   Link #8
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Actually I'm more interested in how this local Guild seems to have pinpointed the location of Alvis, despite the fact that Claus and Lavie opted for a rather out-of-the way place to settle. Okay, they might have tracked the re-entry of the newly-arrived Exile, but this (http://www.mangareader.net/last-exil...-tabibito/1/24) alludes that they knew WHO exactly they needed to target.
Old 2011-11-11, 18:53   Link #9
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKage View Post
All this is based on the Timeline on the Last Exile wikia...

I'm not sure if they were the technocratic rulers, but they were at least the ones tasked with being in charge of the technology that managed all of the Presters. Guild was the safeguard to make sure that the Presters functioned correctly for its inhabitants.

... but well years passed and that safeguard isn't quite the best safeguard.

If they were truly the rulers on Earth, I don't see why they'd allow themselves to forget what they had.
The Guild manged to forget how to run the Presters, I wouldn't put it past them to forget that too.
Old 2011-11-12, 16:45   Link #10
TheKage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
The Guild manged to forget how to run the Presters, I wouldn't put it past them to forget that too.
I just don't see how that would make sense. They conveniently forget that they were the rulers over technology on Earth and move on to maintaining Presters where everything is fine and dandy until they start not passing on knowledge somehow going back to the state of technological affairs of Guild control as it was on Earth?
Old 2011-11-18, 10:27   Link #11
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

The second chapter is up and translated.

No more ambiguity here: the chapter spells out that, yes, this is Earth, and yes, there's Guild on it. Also it gives hints at how Tatiana sees Claus (and Lavie, for that matter).

And the goat doll makes its triumphant return.
Old 2011-11-18, 12:24   Link #12
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The second chapter is up and translated.

No more ambiguity here: the chapter spells out that, yes, this is Earth, and yes, there's Guild on it. Also it gives hints at how Tatiana sees Claus (and Lavie, for that matter).

And the goat doll makes its triumphant return.
Hint ? We already knew that in the first season that Tatiana loves Claus. Glad to see her with Claus ! We need more Claus and Tatiana :3 Who do you think is teh captain ? The only guy that I can see being the captain is Vincente.
Old 2011-11-18, 12:26   Link #13
azarhal

Chapter 2 have a lot of fan service.

It had some funny bits and some that I find really sad (it's not fun to be the unrequited love interest).

I wonder how many chapter this will run. Are we ever going to see the Silvius in it or how Alister and Tatiana grow up?

@Kusa-san: I think it's Duke Mad-Thane. Holly is aboard and the ship looks like the Claimh Solais.

Last edited by azarhal; 2011-11-18 at 12:51.
Old 2011-11-18, 14:48   Link #14
TheKage

Tatiana's a little disappointed...

I don't see it being Vincent. I don't think Vincent would want to be on a regular Anatoray battleship similar to the Claimh Solais and others. I think it's possible that we'll see a cover of the 2 years (some skips or fast compilation of events through some of it) and see how Tatiana and Alister get to be in charge of the Silvius.

Interesting to know that some of the regular old Anatoray battleships are on Earth and not say the Silvana.
Old 2011-11-18, 15:19   Link #15
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Now i'm interested on who's that Guild pilot is.
Old 2011-11-19, 09:28   Link #16
Friday
Im shy too...

nice to have read that manga......
I say Dio!!!!

and when the next newtype age?
Old 2011-11-20, 22:37   Link #17
stormwaltzing
Little Master

Chapter 3 is out already. The people TLing it said it should be up in about two weeks. I wish I could find the raw, though ... I wanna know who the Guild person is!
Old 2011-12-03, 06:01   Link #18
Friday
Im shy too...

from Mangawari

http://www.mangawari.com/2011/12/01/last-exile-update/
Old 2011-12-08, 07:22   Link #19
azarhal

Chapter 3 out!

Tatiana's uncle needs to show up in Fam...I demand it.
Old 2011-12-08, 07:47   Link #20
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Do you know what? I think Tatiana should take Alister's advice and hook up with Claus.

Tags
action, sci-fi