AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2013-02-08, 01:21   Link #741
Knowledgeseeker01
Wishes to Understand

Thank you very much for that information.

There are a few other things I would like to clarify:

1. Is Kirito's adopted mother/aunt his paternal aunt or maternal aunt?

2. I heard that Kikuoka Seijurou was a Sword Art Online Beta Tester who choose not to get the actual game. Is that true?

3. Regarding the whole Nerve Gear and Sword Art Online copy thing. They mentioned that the first set of Nerve Gears were sold in May 2022 and in a shipment of 10,000 while Sword Art Online was sold its first shipment of 10,000 copies in November 2022. Those 10,000 Nerve Gears were not the only Nerve Gears sold between those two time periods right? Based on what Klein mentioned at the beginning, was it those who purchased the first 10,000 Nerve Gears that had a shot to be the beta testers?
Knowledgeseeker01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 18:06   Link #742
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Hi guys, I first follow SAO till episode 14 till stuff came up. Now I got free time and I notice the reviews for this series were pretty bad.

Did the story not follow the novel route or what happen? Please tell me in a way its not so spoiling.
Old 2013-02-10, 18:38   Link #743
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Did the story not follow the novel route or what happen? Please tell me in a way its not so spoiling.
Some things were cut, but that's not why the next arc (episodes 15+) is so disliked. It has to do with the arc itself and how everything plays out.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 11:37   Link #744
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledgeseeker01 View Post
Thank you very much for that information.

There are a few other things I would like to clarify:

1. Is Kirito's adopted mother/aunt his paternal aunt or maternal aunt?
Maternal aunt. His adoptive father doesn't seem to have had any siblings, and his adoptive mother just the one sister.

Quote:
3. Regarding the whole Nerve Gear and Sword Art Online copy thing. They mentioned that the first set of Nerve Gears were sold in May 2022 and in a shipment of 10,000 while Sword Art Online was sold its first shipment of 10,000 copies in November 2022. Those 10,000 Nerve Gears were not the only Nerve Gears sold between those two time periods right? Based on what Klein mentioned at the beginning, was it those who purchased the first 10,000 Nerve Gears that had a shot to be the beta testers?
I don't remember specifics of the beta tester thing, but no, the 10,000 or so used in SAO weren't the only NerveGears sold.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 14:51   Link #745
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Some things were cut, but that's not why the next arc (episodes 15+) is so disliked. It has to do with the arc itself and how everything plays out.
Not to mention the sudden switch from the awesome world Aincard.
Could be a bit better "Good-bye" to that world.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 22:01   Link #746
Mistressy
Maximum High Powered Wub
*Graphic Designer

Did anyone thought that Sugeha had a chance with Kazuto?
Mistressy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 22:06   Link #747
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Even Suguha didn't think she had a chance with Kazuto.
Old 2013-02-11, 23:04   Link #748
Mistressy
Maximum High Powered Wub
*Graphic Designer

True. But in your opinion, would she had a chance even though she thought she wouldn't?
Old 2013-02-11, 23:28   Link #749
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

None of them but Asuna ever had a chance. It's not even an opinion; the only girl he's interested in is Asuna.
Old 2013-02-11, 23:38   Link #750
Mistressy
Maximum High Powered Wub
*Graphic Designer

Hmm, alrighty then.
Old 2013-02-13, 02:12   Link #751
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistressy View Post
True. But in your opinion, would she had a chance even though she thought she wouldn't?
This is a speculative question at its very core, so isn't really good for a Q&A thread that's intended to be about facts.

But, fundamentally, the factors that led to Suguha "not having a chance" are really what the whole second arc is about. If Kazuto never gotten trapped in SAO, she may have found out they were cousins in a different way, she may never had latent feelings for him, she may never have started playing ALO (so she may never have met Kirito in-game), and her feelings may never have come out. If Kazuto had never met Asuna and fallen in love with her, his efforts to reconcile with Suguha upon his return (referred in Silica's episode) may have brought them close enough that something different could have happened, since he wouldn't be so focused on Asuna, but he may never have played ALO. So basically, Suguha is a double-victim of fate; her feelings were both caused and thwarted by what happened in SAO twice over (in real-life and in-game). This is why I would say the two arcs go side-by-side, since they're fundamentally intertwined in multiple layers of cause and effect.
Old 2013-02-13, 16:19   Link #752
Mistressy
Maximum High Powered Wub
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This is a speculative question at its very core, so isn't really good for a Q&A thread that's intended to be about facts.

But, fundamentally, the factors that led to Suguha "not having a chance" are really what the whole second arc is about. If Kazuto never gotten trapped in SAO, she may have found out they were cousins in a different way, she may never had latent feelings for him, she may never have started playing ALO (so she may never have met Kirito in-game), and her feelings may never have come out. If Kazuto had never met Asuna and fallen in love with her, his efforts to reconcile with Suguha upon his return (referred in Silica's episode) may have brought them close enough that something different could have happened, since he wouldn't be so focused on Asuna, but he may never have played ALO. So basically, Suguha is a double-victim of fate; her feelings were both caused and thwarted by what happened in SAO twice over (in real-life and in-game). This is why I would say the two arcs go side-by-side, since they're fundamentally intertwined in multiple layers of cause and effect.
Oh I see, thank you very much.
Old 2013-02-22, 02:34   Link #753
Haiprbim
Banned

I have sort of a tricky question, so I'll put it into the Spoiler tag. If you haven't watched all episodes of Sword Art Online yet, please, don't read it.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-22, 03:23   Link #754
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3tr View Post
I have sort of a tricky question, so I'll put it into the Spoiler tag. If you haven't watched all episodes of Sword Art Online yet, please, don't read it.

Spoiler:
That's something I had wondered as well... Even in the Light Novel, they hadn't completed Aincrad (seeing as they aren't forced to anymore)
They said in the LN that the new management had changed a lot of the code, even taking out some of the unique skills (Duel Wield, Holy Sword, ect)
So yeah, it's an unknown at the moment, but it's likely they may have added a coded boss instead...
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 01:37   Link #755
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

After Kuradeel tried to murder Kirito, Kirito and Asuna both took leave from the Knights of Blood. But afterwards Kirito also kept wearing his black gear, instead of his KoB outfit. Did he officially quit the guild entirely after the murder attempt?
Old 2013-02-26, 04:33   Link #756
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
After Kuradeel tried to murder Kirito, Kirito and Asuna both took leave from the Knights of Blood. But afterwards Kirito also kept wearing his black gear, instead of his KoB outfit. Did he officially quit the guild entirely after the murder attempt?
Spoiler for Response:
Old 2013-04-23, 14:53   Link #757
VTHokiePride

I just finished the series this week. I was just wondering about the gamers that died during Sword Art Online. Since Asuna died, was the only thing keeping her alive the fact that Sugou captured hers and 300 other minds in Alfheim online? Since she woke up at the end, wouldn't Sachi and the rest of the Black Cats be alive too?
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 15:01   Link #758
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I just finished the series this week. I was just wondering about the gamers that died during Sword Art Online. Since Asuna died, was the only thing keeping her alive the fact that Sugou captured hers and 300 other minds in Alfheim online? Since she woke up at the end, wouldn't Sachi and the rest of the Black Cats be alive too?
I think she didn't really die. My theory is that there is a time lag between dying in in the game and dying in real life (otherwise the revive item wouldn't work). In that time lag Kayaba was defeated and he undid Asuna's in game dead.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 13:31   Link #759
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
This is not a fact, but I think that the strong will would keep her (and maybe everyone else that died) alive for let's say, another 5-10 minutes, then she would die.
However, before those 5-10 minutes were over, Kirito already defeated Heartcliff and ended the game.
Those 5-10 minutes could be the ones spent on that transparent platform that oversees the Aincard.

At least, that's my personal thinking.
Old 2013-04-28, 16:25   Link #760
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
If this might be of interest, there's this, from the Light Novel

Quote:
“Life can't be recovered so easily. Their consciousness will never return. The dead will disappear— this fact remains true in every world. I created this place only because I wanted to talk with you two— one last time.”
It's likely when Kayaba started the duel with Kirito he may have temporarily disabled the function that would actually kill people, so he could talk with those two... Whether Kirito lost or not.
At least, that's just a theory..
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a