AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-09, 09:44   Link #1221
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Its not a NHK story without showing some Kashiwa-senpai flesh thats brought up thanks to Satou's mind.
Old 2006-12-09, 10:26   Link #1222
Göönk
Macross fan

sugoi sugoi this EP 22. Strange ending though. Looking forward to seeing ep 23.
Well, STRANGE is the word for NHK ni Yookoso.
Göönk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 11:40   Link #1223
XeonXV
Elite

haha it was shocking when she said " Satou-kun is now my prisoner " lol i wonder whats gonna happen in 23
XeonXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 12:32   Link #1224
Jer
(((( _°Д°)))~hwat!?

Send a message via MSN to Jer
Poor Satou. A new year with nothing much to hope for. Imo, Misaki is a sweet girl but just too naive and confused. That incident in ep 22 just triggered the 'bad' side of her. It's human nature - when bad thing happens, the first person to blame is God. Well, I can't wait for the next ep. What Misaki need is love. Go Satou!
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 16:42   Link #1225
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Now that more people have seen episode 22, i can finally say my piece.

The first part of the episode directed towards Kashiwa-senpai i believe could have been a lot better. All the way through it was the feeling that they placed here there just for the fact that they need to finish her part of the story, that pissed me off a lot. In the original story, she appears when she is needed for the story, for when Satou needs her. & Kashiwa going to be a mother.. thats just damn right wrong, i really didn't like how that news was just brought up. This means that she had no real reason to mention to affair business 'cause she wasen't unhappy. Wasted if you ask me..

Where they're going with the Misaki part shall be a easy way to end of the show, though i don't like that also. There are many ways they could have done the ending for this show, and making it out that Misaki is a girl who gives up like this so easy isn't that good. I do believe that showing the cats death scene was powerful at showing the nature of the series at this point.
Old 2006-12-09, 16:54   Link #1226
kauldron26
Med Student

wow... i remember when i first started watching this anime i loved it because it was sort of like my favorite movie "American Beauty" downright hilarious yet very, very potent. Now its shades of realism are so daunting and quite depressing. Before i used to look forward to the show so i could laugh my ass off, now i hesitate because i know im going to get an insight on how fucked up life is.... i still love the show, i just feel like the gears that switched between the comical and cynical were so sudden. I dont know if its good or bad, but i know that every episode since the suicide arc feels like blunt force trauma to the heart. which isnt a bad thing... i think...
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 16:57   Link #1227
Göönk
Macross fan

Misaki has been feeling down for a few episodes now. They went through a lot of things. She sees Satou is not improving, and he lies to her about the drink in the bar, the dead cat, etc... she sees that Satou is not thankful for what she does (she brings the food every days). That's why it's surprising the way she turns into Evil at the end of Ep 22. It's not in the line of the previous episodes. She should be depressed.
Göönk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 17:51   Link #1228
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Göönk View Post
Misaki has been feeling down for a few episodes now. They went through a lot of things. She sees Satou is not improving, and he lies to her about the drink in the bar, the dead cat, etc... she sees that Satou is not thankful for what she does (she brings the food every days). That's why it's surprising the way she turns into Evil at the end of Ep 22. It's not in the line of the previous episodes. She should be depressed.
actually its not that satou is ungreatful but rather how misaki feels that she is unwanted and unneeded by anyone ~ i think this has to do with her past experience when she was younger *remembers the flashback*
she thinks that satou is going to slip away from her and its an unbareable fact for her...
she has been clinging onto him ever since the first day they met as she feels that satou is someone that needs her ~ so he can become hikikomori free

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 19:29   Link #1229
AnotherBovine

Send a message via AIM to AnotherBovine
hey does anyone know where i can find the music to nhk that has the slow sad guitar.
AnotherBovine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 19:32   Link #1230
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherBovine View Post
hey does anyone know where i can find the music to nhk that has the slow sad guitar.
Tell me when the tune is played so i know which one you mean, and i'll tell you if it appears on one of the two OST's.
Old 2006-12-10, 03:00   Link #1231
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

I'm pretty sure that she killed the cat.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 04:43   Link #1232
ryomakun

yup, she gave the cat the food that satou was suppose to have. she planned to poison satou. hehehe...

Obviously i was just playing along with the lie..
ryomakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 06:44   Link #1233
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Welcome to the NHK! - 22 Episode Insights and Screenshots

Spoiler:
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 08:38   Link #1234
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Spoiler:
Why in a spoiler tag?

I'll still say that its one of the best this year, though it could have been the best if they went around doing the last Kashiwa scene a lot better.
Old 2006-12-10, 09:13   Link #1235
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It was great, in my opinion. I don't think it couldn't have done any better.

Haha ... I wonder ... :|
Old 2006-12-10, 09:16   Link #1236
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
It was great, in my opinion. I don't think it couldn't have done any better.
You know deep down it could have, but they lack the time - thats why i believe bringing her back around this time is just a waste. All they wanted to do was finish her of, give her an ending she needed. Kashiwa-senpai shouldn't be used like that.
Old 2006-12-10, 09:32   Link #1237
brandonyoung

I don't think Misaki's issues are that much of a new revelation. We learned she was a bit messed up at the end of the Offline meeting story when she said she needed him because he was worse than her.

While she is counseling him, she can feel like Satou needs her. She can look down on him and not feel like she is a loser, or the worst person . But if he is every really cured, he won't need her anymore. If he is no longer a hikikomari, he won't be beneath her.

In short, she wants to work on curing Satou, but she doesn't want him cured, because it would destroy his need for her.

--Brandon Young
brandonyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 09:57   Link #1238
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Shiroth:

That's just the ending you desire ... and as far as things are concerned, Kashiwa was shown to reflect Satou's improvement/maturity in that specific moment. I didn't find anything out of place with her use in the anime; I found it quite moving that Satou's an altruistic soul. I know you want more from Kashiwa and Satou, but I think that was the among the best things they could have done.
Old 2006-12-10, 10:09   Link #1239
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

What i desire has nothing to do with how the show is ended - i have said already, i like the direction the Misaki side of the story/ending is going. Its a good idea.

Also, i have never said i want more from Kashiwa & Satou side of the story. i never had & never shall, its just that Kashiwa is a major part of the story that shouldn't be wasted like she was in episode 22. I really liked how Satou is looking at the situation of no Yamazaki & no Kashiwa, that makes sense - its just the whole Kashiwa meet-up. It could have been 100 times better.
Old 2006-12-10, 10:18   Link #1240
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Oh. It could have been more of a coincidence, you mean?

Tags
gonzo, psychological