Notices

Old 2014-03-26, 16:48   Link #12121
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You know, I am still waiting for the legendary GuP Voicepack... where is it? ><

- Tak
You know, I haven't seen any news about that ever since the first time they mentioned Miho getting an official voice pack. I guess we'll get it the same time we get the Japanese heavies, Chieftain, serverside replays, and modified draw circle.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 00:12   Link #12122
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
You know, I haven't seen any news about that ever since the first time they mentioned Miho getting an official voice pack. I guess we'll get it the same time we get the Japanese heavies, Chieftain, serverside replays, and modified draw circle.
Let`s hope for the best then.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 05:05   Link #12123
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
You know, I am still waiting for the legendary GuP Voicepack... where is it? ><

- Tak
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tommorow
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 08:25   Link #12124
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
YouTube

Tommorow
Well, speak of the devil. Interesting how it's coming out right after the micropatch that screwed up the sound files. In any case, it's about time.

Without any working voice mods, I tried out the national voices for the first time in a while. I like the German and Japanese crew voices, but the Russian one sounds really bland and lacking in passion.
Old 2014-03-27, 08:48   Link #12125
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Well, speak of the devil. Interesting how it's coming out right after the micropatch that screwed up the sound files. In any case, it's about time.

Without any working voice mods, I tried out the national voices for the first time in a while. I like the German and Japanese crew voices, but the Russian one sounds really bland and lacking in passion.
Well that micro patch didn't break the GuP voice mod that I'm using (considering my laptop takes on occasion a week (sarcasm) for a map to load along with the occasional stutters when kills register).
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 10:32   Link #12126
Gravitas Free Zone

My voice pack still works after the micropatch. (It's Jinxed_Katajainen's.)

It'll probably take some getting used to All Miho All The Time once the pack is inevitably ported, I like the weird variety that I have now.

Edited to add:

Weekend event.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-03-27 at 12:42.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 13:08   Link #12127
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, the micropatch screwed my Simpsons Voice mod, but the LA community managed to find a fix for it.

Also, I really like the events of this weekend.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 16:50   Link #12128
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

A Simpsons voice mod?

I can just imagine:

*Tank receiving damage* BAAAARRRRTTTT!!!

*Tank destroyed* DOH!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 17:20   Link #12129
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
A Simpsons voice mod?

I can just imagine:

*Tank receiving damage* BAAAARRRRTTTT!!!

*Tank destroyed* DOH!

- Tak
Yeah, it's actually very cool. Specially as a good destress tool to deal with the horrible teams, and there's a certain charm in it when you are laughing hard during the whole damn fight.

Examples:

*enemy destroyed* Bart: Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders! Homer: He was a zombie?
*bounce* D'OH!
*battle start* *insert Mr. Plow's Rap*
*allied killed* I am Evil Homer! I am Evil Homer!

etc.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 17:33   Link #12130
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Please tell me Barney's belch is a sound in there too. Man, if that was the getting hit or bouncing an enemy sound, all my rage at the game might turn into laughter instead.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 10:22   Link #12131
Gravitas Free Zone

The next On-Track is to the T110E3.

I wasn't really planning on going through the T28 and T95 rolling bunker agonies.
Old 2014-03-28, 12:21   Link #12132
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

The official Girls und Panzer Nishizumi Miho voice pack is out! Download it here. If that link doesn't work, try this. Instructions on installation can be found here.

Edit: Yes! Finally, I have it!

Images

Last edited by Tempester; 2014-03-28 at 12:57.
Old 2014-03-28, 21:10   Link #12133
Gravitas Free Zone

That month-long mission was okay.

Images

I briefly had a Tetrarch when it was the "free bonus" with the IS-6 during the Black Friday not-really-a-sale-but-WG-likes-to-call-it-that "sale." I was annoyed with it then.

Getting it again today, really for free this time, I decided to try fitting it out like a turreted TD, since it has a movement profile somewhat similar to a few American ones. It does not, however, have much of a useful view range. This makes it rather more difficult to help out the typical hapless tier 2 team.

Moved crews to the T-34-1 and Chi-Ri today.
The 34-1 did okay in its first time out, though its nonexistent gun depression is already bothering me. I mean, I've already had to deal with it through the export versions of the T-34 and T-34-85, but somehow it is more annoying with the 34-1, even though the tank is at least shorter when I have to go sideways around a hill.
The Chi-Ri... yargh. The autoloader's performance isn't too bad, but I really do feel like I'm driving a skyscraper built out of shoji panels.
Old 2014-03-28, 21:33   Link #12134
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

The biggest problems I have with the Tetrarch are the aim time and lack of view range. I put binocs on it because optics aren't enough to put it on par with the tiers it sees.

First battle in it was quite clubtacular:

Images

The penetration on this tank is excellent. The normal rounds tear through T18s and FCM36 Pak40s like butter. I don't think it even needs gold rounds at all except for the occasional Pz. II J.
Old 2014-03-28, 22:20   Link #12135
Gravitas Free Zone

The Tetrarch's average AP pen is 64mm, with APCR it's 121mm, which is enough to penetrate the KV-1 frontally, though these days such matchups shouldn't happen.

I've had to fight AMX 38s or H35s in most of my Tetrarch games, and the AP is good enough for them, though those tanks' armor seems to be why the Tetrarch exists in this game in the first place.

And yes, I went EGLD, binos, and a camo net. Best I could manage was a 1st Class Top Gun on Province, which I didn't bother screenshotting because... Province. But it took four tries to get a win. Eh, tier 2.

Just did 3587 damage with the T25 to earn an Ace Tanker (shooting at tier 8 and 9 really helps). That was with the crew at 99% camo and shooting through full bushes on Erlenberg, but still only around 200 meters from the targets... and even though they were largely focused on a group of heavies at 90 degrees to my position, you'd think that someone would want to figure out why they were getting repeatedly shot from the side. Of course now the camo rating will be gimped a while since I switched over to Sixth Sense and Safe Stowage after that mission.
Old 2014-03-29, 07:32   Link #12136
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 08:36   Link #12137
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Hmm, I'm not sure what's happening guys, but after the update last week, my game no longer loads. It doesn't even get to the loading screen, before the client shuts down.
Old 2014-03-29, 20:30   Link #12138
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

*sighs*, I`m on summer job
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 14:41   Link #12139
Gravitas Free Zone

I spent a bunch of quality time with the T71 today and unlocked... well, you know.

Though I'll now need to scavenge a lot of free XP to upgrade before I even think about taking it out anywhere, since the stock T69 has the stats of suck.

The crew is the one that was originally intended for the M46 Patton that I never even used before I decided to sell it back.
Old 2014-03-30, 18:06   Link #12140
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Finally got into the game again, and it does look like the issue WAS caused by Gnomefather's historical gun sounds mod. Anyway, reinstalled most of the mod pack I used minus the gun sounds, then added the official Miho GUP sound pack, and I was back in business. Also, as an added plus, since my migration to Windows 7, no more annoying 1-minute stalls/kickouts from games anymore.

Oh, and its the first time I joined in an organized Tank Company, hosted by folk at WotLabs. It was a medium tank company, though I felt a little annoyed at my performance, as I was only able to put out significant damage in three matches, despite using a KV-1S.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks