Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-01, 20:21   Link #4941
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Don't see why, I think every language has word like that. Even in Khmer (My native language), they got a word like that for it.
Mo, I meant that this series hasn't used the word until now.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 20:24   Link #4942
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Mo, I meant that this series hasn't used the word until now.
No, kuroishinigami said that the Japanese language does not have vulgar words like the F word. Still you are right, Campione haven't used that word yet.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 20:31   Link #4943
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Don't see why, I think every language has word like that. Even in Khmer (My native language), they got a word like that for it.
You do realize this is a language that emphasize subtleties and politeness so that they have more than 5 types of "I" and "you" pronoun to differentiate the tone of speaking right? Closest one I know will is kuso... which is closer to sh**ty... which is considered vulgar enough for the Japanese. The younger generation though, especially the delinquent, sometimes do use the english word f***ing (insert english or japanese word here) to look cool.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 20:44   Link #4944
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
You do realize this is a language that emphasize subtleties and politeness so that they have more than 5 types of "I" and "you" pronoun to differentiate the tone of speaking right? Closest one I know will is kuso... which is closer to sh**ty... which is considered vulgar enough for the Japanese. The younger generation though, especially the delinquent, sometimes do use the english word f***ing (insert english or japanese word here) to look cool.
Well it just my opinion, so don't take to heart. Its was my ignorance of the Japanese language. This may be strange and I will probably draw weird gazes at my question, in the America when we say sex we often say the F word, so what is the Japanese word for it?
Old 2012-11-01, 20:55   Link #4945
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Actually, if I understand it correctly, swear words themselves do not exist in the Japanese language. At least no words that exist solely to be insulting or derogatory.

So when a Japanese person calls someone a "piece of shit" the actual translation would be "piece of poop/feces/excrement". They don't have a specific insulting term for it.
Old 2012-11-01, 21:00   Link #4946
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

"do him/her", and sometimes the english word "s**". They do have the Japanese word for s** and all kind of kinky pervert things, but not as verb. it's all about subtleties in Japanese language. BTW, I'm not offended at all, sorry if it seems that way from my post. I was just trying to explain my point .

Back on topic though, who's the next God everyone wants to appear next? I myself is hoping for some kind of native American god to appear next considering we haven't get those so far. Maybe something like Quetzalcoatl?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 21:12   Link #4947
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
"do him/her", and sometimes the english word "s**". They do have the Japanese word for s** and all kind of kinky pervert things, but not as verb. it's all about subtleties in Japanese language. BTW, I'm not offended at all, sorry if it seems that way from my post. I was just trying to explain my point .

Back on topic though, who's the next God everyone wants to appear next? I myself is hoping for some kind of native American god to appear next considering we haven't get those so far. Maybe something like Quetzalcoatl?
True we haven't seen a Native American God, I think Glooscap would be a good fit. Also since its Native American, it would give Godou and Annie to spend time together.
Old 2012-11-01, 23:14   Link #4948
Gore17

Well, Japanese does have words and phrases that act as swear words, but it depends on the context and how it's said. I'm guessing Kadi translated the meaning behind the words, instead of the actual words themselves.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 23:38   Link #4949
chancs

Regarding the king of ends, what could be his main purpose for the anti-Campione actions? Shouldn't he simply have gone after the Heretic Gods? No Heretic Gods, no Campiones.

Root out the whole problem
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 23:44   Link #4950
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

he got bored of killing gods .. so he went after a more powerful prey ??
or just for the hell of it he wanted a greater challenge ?

what i found weird is the part that says he is the most primitive steel =/
so we might end up with Zeus ?? ( cause Zeus fought against typhoon a giant snake ??)
Old 2012-11-02, 02:29   Link #4951
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix221186 View Post

so we might end up with Zeus ?? ( cause Zeus fought against typhoon a giant snake ??)
Isn't he refered to as Artus? This should be the Germanic pronunciation of Arthur... since we have Guinevere and Lancelot that kinda narrows the playing field a bit. Unless I misunderstood what you are saying then just look at this as random ramblings.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 03:13   Link #4952
Awrya
U mad?

Wasn't it earlier spoiled that the last king is a member of the argonauts?

Maybe he has some disposition (apart from the normal heretic god - campione) that makes campione challenge him, like how moths are attracted to light? So whether he wants or not, campione will naturally seek him out?
Old 2012-11-02, 03:17   Link #4953
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:

Does a god require a legitimate reason to kill a campione? As far as I know, Perseus and Athena had no 'legitimate' reason to kill Godou, yet they tried to.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 03:22   Link #4954
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

i don't mean it like that .. im referring to the story of defeating a snake in myth =/

since one of the oldest tales of a god defeating a snake might be the one of Zeus defeating typhoon or Thor killing the midgard serpent those are one's of the oldest tales
since the last king is supposed to be the most primitive steel of them all this tales are either part of him .. or were created because of him . that's my point in we might end up with Zeus or better said with the original base for those stories
Old 2012-11-02, 04:26   Link #4955
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Does a god require a legitimate reason to kill a campione? As far as I know, Perseus and Athena had no 'legitimate' reason to kill Godou, yet they tried to.
Being a God has certain privileges
Old 2012-11-02, 04:27   Link #4956
chancs

Quote:
i don't mean it like that .. im referring to the story of defeating a snake in myth =/

since one of the oldest tales of a god defeating a snake might be the one of Zeus defeating typhoon or Thor killing the midgard serpent those are one's of the oldest tales
since the last king is supposed to be the most primitive steel of them all this tales are either part of him .. or were created because of him . that's my point in we might end up with Zeus or better said with the original base for those stories
It will be impossible to be Zeus since it is already mentioned that the King of Ends is a human....okay but abnormal
Old 2012-11-02, 04:37   Link #4957
Voceane

What the rule for the Spoiler, I see some people hide comment of the first volume and some other don't for the 13?
Voceane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 05:27   Link #4958
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
It will be impossible to be Zeus since it is already mentioned that the King of Ends is a human....okay but abnormal
You mean he WAS human, right? Or at least human in the legends, like Perseus, right?If he was an actual human, it would be hard to imagine why Guinevere even bothered trying to 'summon' him as a heretic god if he was human to begin with and still alive. Both she and her followers must be incredibly stupid to try and do so in the first place, even though it did actually fail. She's narrow-minded, but she's not THAT stupid.
Old 2012-11-03, 00:26   Link #4959
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
freya

or sedna sea Goddess and ruler of the underworld in Inuit

oh and people were talking about another wepon that could be godous in the future what about

1. Caladbolg (also Caladcholg) the sword of Fergus mac Róich and powerful enough to cut the tops off three hills; related to the Caledfwlch of Welsh mythology. a sword ive read is analogue to excalibur

2. Dyrnwyn ("White-Hilt") i beleave its a sword that When drawn by a worthy or well-born man, the entire blade would blaze with fire i like this one u can roast marshmellows with it and cut your enemys

3. Arondight lacelots sword

4. Carnwennan the dagger arthur used
and yes all that info is of wikipedia i dont have the energy to look it up
Old 2012-11-03, 01:08   Link #4960
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
freya

or sedna sea Goddess and ruler of the underworld in Inuit

oh and people were talking about another wepon that could be godous in the future what about

1. Caladbolg (also Caladcholg) the sword of Fergus mac Róich and powerful enough to cut the tops off three hills; related to the Caledfwlch of Welsh mythology. a sword ive read is analogue to excalibur

2. Dyrnwyn ("White-Hilt") i beleave its a sword that When drawn by a worthy or well-born man, the entire blade would blaze with fire i like this one u can roast marshmellows with it and cut your enemys

3. Arondight lacelots sword

4. Carnwennan the dagger arthur used

and yes all that info is of wikipedia i dont have the energy to look it up
If these are indeed gods, they would be subordinate gods, not genuine heretic gods. And they would most likely appear with their owners.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem