AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-10-28, 14:10   Link #4741
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It's really hard to know the abilities of each youkai's. Most especially vampires and we can go to the traditional way or the authors point of view in the story.

Man this is one reason why I want a sub forum for this. We can have a part where we can talk and have discussions about different youkai and their abilities and not just the POV of the author.

O.T.

Does MAN BAT count as a Youkai? lol Sorry just gotta put some Batman stuff there.
Old 2008-10-28, 14:17   Link #4742
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

So far the author has gone the conventional route when it comes to monsters. He himself said he's a lover of monsters and such, and so far he's kept true to the mythos.

Anyway, we all know that if Tsukune was a video game character he'll be broken as all hell.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 14:37   Link #4743
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
So far the author has gone the conventional route when it comes to monsters. He himself said he's a lover of monsters and such, and so far he's kept true to the mythos.

Anyway, we all know that if Tsukune was a video game character he'll be broken as all hell.
Yeah That's why Iam routing to have a sub forum since it's not just images, episode list, manga, merchandise, relations, but the youkai/monsters. I love horror movies and Iam very interested in monsters, demons, supernatural beings etc...one reason why this made me watch R+V and read the manga.

And Tsukune a game character? He already is a video game character in the D.S. game. To bad though I dunno if Gar Tsukune is in the DS version...

Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-28, 14:49   Link #4744
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnn, I wonder if in this particular world, are there 'monster hunters'? Not like 'Blade', or 'Vamp Hunter D' but y'know, humans who have dedicated themselves to destroying monsters... That is another side that is worth looking into.
Old 2008-10-28, 14:59   Link #4745
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
I bet it'll come up sooner or later, especially with Tsukune's "Not quite human, not quite monster" condition.
Old 2008-10-28, 15:13   Link #4746
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Humans I know have a pack that will co-exist with monsters as long as no harm will come to either parties.

The hunting monsters is an old tradition where monsters are considered EVIL. Which in R+V we do not see any evil...maybe lust, but not to the evil...evil itself re-incarnate evil.

The good thing here is that the author is original he diverts from the old stories and beliefs and forms something original.
Old 2008-10-28, 15:15   Link #4747
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Humans I know have a pack that will co-exist with monsters as long as no harm will come to either parties.

The hunting monsters is an old tradition where monsters are considered EVIL. Which in R+V we do not see any evil...maybe lust, but not to the evil...evil itself re-incarnate evil.

The good thing here is that the author is original he diverts from the old stories and beliefs and forms something original.
I agree, I'm glad he hasn't taken the old fashion route of humans vs monsters. Its more of a focus on coexistance.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 15:21   Link #4748
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Yeah and on Seasame Street we have cute monsters such as Cookie Monster and Elmo which are in there real form and yet accepted. LOL

Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-28, 18:56   Link #4749
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I agree, I'm glad he hasn't taken the old fashion route of humans vs monsters. Its more of a focus on coexistance.
Yes, while that is all well and good, the truth is that there would be humans who'd hunt youkai regardless. Yes, those closed-minded individuals who hunt things that are non-human just because they are non-human. Tsukune has gotten to see the youkai-side of that, but not for the human-side of it. ^^
Old 2008-10-28, 19:11   Link #4750
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, at this point, we've seen no sign that humans are even aware that monsters exist (well, outside of Tsukune, and Kyo-chan might still have the faintest of ideas), so I highly doubt we're going to see any hunters, unless they're comical ones

And I have once more witnessed the awesomeness that is ch.12... Page 30 is Over 9000! (sorry, couldn't resist)

Although something intrigues me- they said the Snow Priestess was suddenly acting strange. Now, I'm going to go out on a limb here, but maybe Karua has some sort of ability that allows her to transform into others. Or, as is the more plausible explanation based on vampire lore, the snow priestess was being controlled by her... maybe Moka and Kokoa aren't at the level required to gain such abilities yet

yes, these are wild ideas, but hey, better than nothing

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 20:02   Link #4751
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be humans who know about youkai, especially of the long existence of both races. I would actually be excited to see some monster hunters, it would add to a nice arc. Instead of youkai trying to expose the school or use the school, we have some human hunter experts try to do the same.

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 20:05   Link #4752
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Shape-shifter that transforms to anyone like the dopple? Perhaps that's her power. She has more experience in battle than Moka that she could beat her.
Old 2008-10-28, 20:12   Link #4753
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Well, at this point, we've seen no sign that humans are even aware that monsters exist (well, outside of Tsukune, and Kyo-chan might still have the faintest of ideas), so I highly doubt we're going to see any hunters, unless they're comical ones

And I have once more witnessed the awesomeness that is ch.12... Page 30 is Over 9000! (sorry, couldn't resist)

Although something intrigues me- they said the Snow Priestess was suddenly acting strange. Now, I'm going to go out on a limb here, but maybe Karua has some sort of ability that allows her to transform into others. Or, as is the more plausible explanation based on vampire lore, the snow priestess was being controlled by her... maybe Moka and Kokoa aren't at the level required to gain such abilities yet

yes, these are wild ideas, but hey, better than nothing
That could explain why she was there in the first place, as she just randomly shows up at the end of the chapter.

And hey, just because Moka and Kokoa are "good" (by the standards set in this story) doesn't meen Karua is.

I wonder if Inner Moka would be afraid of Karua?
Old 2008-10-28, 20:20   Link #4754
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
That could explain why she was there in the first place, as she just randomly shows up at the end of the chapter.

And hey, just because Moka and Kokoa are "good" (by the standards set in this story) doesn't meen Karua is.

I wonder if Inner Moka would be afraid of Karua?
If she is Tsukune will protect her and that will seduce inner Moka, she falls for Tsukune now both Inner and Outer like Tsukune with no bounderies and the harem starts to get kinky.

Where's that bed picture?...?
Old 2008-10-28, 20:23   Link #4755
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
She already is seduced by Tsukune shes just good at covering it up lol

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 20:28   Link #4756
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
WHAT SHE IS?!! She's good at HIDING stuff.
Old 2008-10-28, 20:29   Link #4757
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
Quoted for truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
WHAT SHE IS?!! She's good at HIDING stuff.
All she has to do to run away is to hook on the rosario again and become the other Moka. That counts as 'hiding' too. lol
Old 2008-10-28, 20:36   Link #4758
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

okay tempest,. you just got a +1 rep from me for that perfect analysis... it's so true

Old 2008-10-28, 21:20   Link #4759
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Also the fact after each battle she's hurt inner Moka doesn't show that she's hurt, but she really is infact. No wonder she puts in the Rosario quickly and outer Moka faints in exhaustion. Another way of hiding her weak self after battle. Kinda like a fighter that hides that he's hurt in a competition. She's a true noble vampire of blood, Pride.
Old 2008-10-28, 22:19   Link #4760
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Phew... the writing bug bit me hard tonight, and the rough draft for ch.3 of a Water Bride and a Vampire is done... Tempest, be warned, it's a decent-sized file, coming in at about 6 and a quarter pages in MSWord

... I'll send it to you in the morning, and have fun editing

... though you're going to ahve to tweak Lorelei around. I can never write her properly, though i try.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire