AYE SIR!

Football gods what did Houston do to deserve this
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 18:18   Link #7602
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I am just wondering, if the NFL allows coaches to have personnel in a booth room with computers to assist on challenges.

How come the NFL doesn't allow assistant referees in their own booth box to assist the referees on the ground to make the correct call or call penalties that are not called?

Its commonsense right?
Not really down for this. There is a reason why no sporting leagues do this.

This would slow down the game even more. And these games are already three hours.

Edit: And it's weird how people are taking shots at Drew Brees. Shit, as much as I like what Mike Mitchell has done for Carolina defense, dude said Brees "flopped". What? That's just stupid.

Last edited by Dilla; 2013-11-22 at 18:35.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 18:54   Link #7603
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Not really down for this. There is a reason why no sporting leagues do this.

This would slow down the game even more. And these games are already three hours.

Edit: And it's weird how people are taking shots at Drew Brees. Shit, as much as I like what Mike Mitchell has done for Carolina defense, dude said Brees "flopped". What? That's just stupid.
Well true however I can still see it working, but what about something like challenging a foul or penalty. Shouldn't those be allowed?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 18:58   Link #7604
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Maybe 15 yard penalties, but overall it wouldn't probably make much difference. If Harbaugh had had the ability to challenge that, he still would have lost.

The Matt Ryan penalty would have won, but then everyone would be complaining about another handicap in favor of offenses.
Old 2013-11-22, 19:01   Link #7605
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Maybe 15 yard penalties, but overall it wouldn't probably make much difference. If Harbaugh had had the ability to challenge that, he still would have lost.

The Matt Ryan penalty would have won, but then everyone would be complaining about another handicap in favor of offenses.
I wouldn't consider it a handicap, it would be applied to both offense and defense. Add in a stipulation (not taking a timeout) like a 10 yard penalty if it is wrong. It would balance it greatly.
Old 2013-11-22, 19:18   Link #7606
GDB

To challenge a play is to challenge a play. It's asinine that some plays cannot be challenged.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 20:05   Link #7607
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
God bless Corporate 'Murrika?
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 14:20   Link #7608
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
To challenge a play is to challenge a play. It's asinine that some plays cannot be challenged.
It's a pandora's box, you can't challenge "judgment calls" because essentially 60-70% of all calls (from holding to forward progress to kick-catch interference and beyond) are judgment calls, so if you say QB hits can be challenged then offensive holding calls are of the same scrutiny in a vacuum, then you got five hour games because then lets challenge everything based on the refs flawed judgment...

As for your misguided Bress rant from earlier: Officials miss calls all the time..It happens every week and will continue to happen every week...Brees has been hit in the helmet in several SEVERAL games over the last 8 seasons inwhich a flag wasn't called, because I've seen those games too..It just so happens he gets hit in a national TV game so its more for public consumption...The Matt Ryan play should have been a flag and I said "whew" like Dilla did when they picked up that flag in Carolina, or any sportsfan in ANYTOWN, USA would...

Don't be foolish and believe I'm going to fart pathos for a call on Matt Ryan not being called because it happened on national TV a week after the Brees so-called controversy...I'm a Saints fan...Not a fan of knee-jerk "gotcha" moments...

True, it is asinine some calls can't be looked at, but I sure wish that Bress hit could have been challenged if only to facepalm the ridiculous assertion, mostly by butthurt defensive players and QBs who are pi$$ed the rules weren't like this in the 90's, that Brooks didn't throw him down by his neck in head in a violent fashion which is BEYOND EVIDENT in the clip I've provided...Ignore the 1:27 mark of the clip, just keep ignoring it, we'll take the W...
Old 2013-11-23, 15:45   Link #7609
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Again, if the 49ers have had the ability to challenge the play, they would have lost the challenge easily. It would have been a big waste of time.

People keep confusing a bad rule with a bad call.
Old 2013-11-23, 15:53   Link #7610
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
It's a pandora's box, you can't challenge "judgment calls" because essentially 60-70% of all calls (from holding to forward progress to kick-catch interference and beyond) are judgment calls, so if you say QB hits can be challenged then offensive holding calls are of the same scrutiny in a vacuum, then you got five hour games because then lets challenge everything based on the refs flawed judgment...
How does allowing any play to be challenged equate to teams having more than three challenges?
Old 2013-11-24, 18:08   Link #7611
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Brees gets hit in chest, arm slides up to neck area during the tackle - wingdarkness goes ape$#!t despite getting a flag.

Matt Ryan gets a forearm to the facemask, as the initial hit, and doesn't get a flag - wingdarkness parades around like his team just made the Super Bowl.

Yeah, there's no bias in your posts at all. At least show some god damned consistency if you're going to complain about crap.
And the Patriots are also cheaters, but the Saints aren't liable for BountyGate.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 18:13   Link #7612
sky black swordman

Early Game Scores:
The Ravens beat the Jets 19-3. And with another loss, Rex Ryan's future as head coach of the Jets becomes more dim. Not to mention the Jets also lose their wild card spot. The winner of the Raiders and Titans game will hold the final wild card spot. At least for this week.

The Panthers beat the Dolphins 20-16.
The Buccaneers beat the Lions 24-21.
The Jaguras beat the Texans 13-6. Does this win make Jag fans happy or mad. And the Texans are done this year.
The Steelers beat the Browns 27-11.
The Rams beat the Bears 42-21.
The Vikings and Packers's game end in a tie (26-26).
The Chargers beat the Chiefs 41-38. (The Chiefs drop their second game in a row.)

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-11-24 at 18:23.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 18:36   Link #7613
GDB

Hrmm, with this win, doesn't Jacksonville go to #3 behind Houston and Atlanta?
Old 2013-11-24, 18:37   Link #7614
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
The Buccaneers beat the Lions 24-21.
The Jaguras beat the Texans 13-6. Does this win make Jag fans happy or mad. And the Texans are done this year.
I am very happy with the win. Our draft order isn't change because of it. Jaguars hold the tie breaker of the other 2 wins teams. It doesn't change anything since the Buccaneers were pretty much the only threat if they were tied to the Jaguars.
Old 2013-11-24, 18:40   Link #7615
GDB

Quote:
Our draft order isn't change because of it. Jaguars hold the tie breaker of the other 2 wins teams.
You sure? First tie-breaker is SoS, and this is what it was as of last week:

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - 1-9 (.624 SoS)
2. Minnesota Vikings - 2-8 (.535)
3. Atlanta Falcons - 2-8 (.554)
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 2-8 (.569)
5. Houston Texans 2-8 (.574)

I don't see those changing THAT drastically, though they seem like they could go 0.5 in either direction. But that looks like Atlanta and Houston would have a weaker SoS, and thus go ahead of Jacksonville.
Old 2013-11-24, 18:58   Link #7616
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
You sure? First tie-breaker is SoS, and this is what it was as of last week:

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - 1-9 (.624 SoS)
2. Minnesota Vikings - 2-8 (.535)
3. Atlanta Falcons - 2-8 (.554)
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 2-8 (.569)
5. Houston Texans 2-8 (.574)

I don't see those changing THAT drastically, though they seem like they could go 0.5 in either direction. But that looks like Atlanta and Houston would have a weaker SoS, and thus go ahead of Jacksonville.
I believe there was a report I read that they would remained at the first order even if they do win against the Texans. However, I forgot where. Here is a very old article, but an outline of the 2013 strength of schedule of teams for 2013. 2013 Strength of Schedule 1
Strength of Schedule 2
Strength of Schedule 3

In the event that it does occur like you said, I believe the Texans will probably try their hardest win. As well as Atlanta. Unlike the coaching staff in Jacksonville, the coaching staff at Houstan and Atlanta are in danger of losing their jobs.
Old 2013-11-24, 19:56   Link #7617
sky black swordman

Quote:
I am very happy with the win. Our draft order isn't change because of it. Jaguars hold the tie breaker of the other 2 wins teams. It doesn't change anything since the Buccaneers were pretty much the only threat if they were tied to the Jaguars.
I see. What about other Jag fans?

Late game scores:
The Cardinals beat the Colts. 40-11.
The Titans beat the Raiders 23-19. And so, the Titans take a hold of the last wild card spot in the AFC, for this week. Will hold on to it is now the question. Upset about the loss because we could have this game had Janikowski (Raiders kicker) made those two FGs.
And the Cowboys beat the NY Giants by a FG (24-21).
Old 2013-11-24, 20:07   Link #7618
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
The Cardinals beat the Colts. 40-11.
What happened to the Colts? I mean, a month ago, ESPN and NFL Network said the Colts were a top contender for the Superbowl and a threat to the Broncos. What happened?
Old 2013-11-24, 20:29   Link #7619
GDB

They lost Reggie Wayne.
Old 2013-11-24, 21:29   Link #7620
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
They lost Reggie Wayne.
Reggie Wayne is a great Wide receiver, but they still have Andrew Luck. They should have been able to adapt. Superbowl teams find the will to adapt and push forward. I had high hopes for the Colts this season.

Tags
american football, sports