AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-06-21, 04:23   Link #141
NeoSam

MBT (Morally Bankrupt Translations) has also started scanlating this manga. I would recommend getting their scanlations, its from the tankoubons (much better image quality), and it seems their translations are pretty good
Old 2008-06-21, 09:43   Link #142
kuropon
MBT Whipping Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Wishful thinking?
I'd call it something else, but they would probably frown upon that here...
kuropon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 18:11   Link #143
dosetsu

That's probably an editors note, it's not actually part of the chapter.
dosetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 03:58   Link #144
wtflux

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
MBT (Morally Bankrupt Translations) has also started scanlating this manga. I would recommend getting their scanlations, its from the tankoubons (much better image quality), and it seems their translations are pretty good
yes, i posted the retranslated first chapter of the series earlier in this thread(page 4ish).

as many of you are noticing, the people who translated the manga before add in a lot of things that never existed(in addition to seemingly randomly removing things that do exist). for example, ako never actually said "you will not eat a dick" in the christmas chapter, and the line being discussed here recently that says they had sex never existed in the first place, as you can see in the spoilered image below if you compare it with their translation:
Spoiler:

i don't know if it's because they translate from chinese or because they're just screwing around(most likely).

either way, the retranslations are worth a read even if you've already read it, because their version is quite different from what the manga is supposed to read like. if you agree with their humor, you might find their version funnier, but i can guarantee you that it's a product of creation and not translation, if you know what i mean.
wtflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 04:01   Link #145
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtflux View Post
yes, i posted the retranslated first chapter of the series earlier in this thread(page 4ish).

as many of you are noticing, the people who translated the manga before add in a lot of things that never existed(in addition to seemingly randomly removing things that do exist). for example, ako never actually said "you will not eat a dick" in the christmas chapter, and the line being discussed here recently that says they had sex never existed in the first place, as you can see in the spoilered image below if you compare it with their translation:
Spoiler:

i don't know if it's because they translate from chinese or because they're just screwing around(most likely).

either way, the retranslations are worth a read even if you've already read it, because their version is quite different from what the manga is supposed to read like. if you agree with their humor, you might find their version funnier, but i can guarantee you that it's a product of creation and not translation, if you know what i mean.
I figured as much really, there was a lot of lines in what I've been reading that didn't feel right. I figured they were just expressing themselves "creatively", although its quite unnecessary... the hot situations is enough, lol.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 12:18   Link #146
spaz

What group added that part in? Because mahou-x never did that and we just used chinese translations to, so its obvious that they are just adding crap in there.
spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 18:23   Link #147
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
One might have been misled if they didn't have 10-14 to check. However, you know it's wrong in a common sense, because if they went at it all night, only Kohta will be exhausted, they women should be energetic.
Old 2008-06-22, 23:55   Link #148
kuropon
MBT Whipping Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz View Post
What group added that part in? Because mahou-x never did that and we just used chinese translations to, so its obvious that they are just adding crap in there.
I'd guess "anonymous" added it...

EDIT: Just realized that animesigma did a chapter 9 too... Though I can't find it anywhere to download it (on the web, at least)... so maybe it was them...

Last edited by kuropon; 2008-06-23 at 00:08.
kuropon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 04:50   Link #149
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

I like this better on manga, something that's even more wrong (in one way or another :lol: ) than Kanokon would just harvest even more bad opinions.. I would hate it if they screw the anime adaptation, just like To-Love-ru.
Kresnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 22:31   Link #150
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well can't remember why I decided to just jump into this manga, but pretty glad I did . Probably came from seeing the title, reading a bit of page 1 here and then going to see how it went.

Have just been enjoying and laughing along with this series. They really put Keita into some interesting situations. Events that happens between the three really just leave you amazed. For some reason just like that the brother isn't someone that isn't 100% against what happens. He certainly responds back even if he's not instigating a lot.

Was surprised to find out it would be turned into anime. Wonder how they will handle it. After all if they held back probably wouldn't be nearly as entertaining . Probably will be able to get into this one more than Kanokon.
Old 2008-06-26, 21:21   Link #151
klowny
OH NO

i just wanted to see what was the fuss about this manga until i actually read it... words cannot expressed how i feel when i read a page of a brother and 2 sisters that aren't blood related good plot if it has one i enjoy reading all the chapters that are out (unless it's complete) and have myself a time
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 07:03   Link #152
Mizuno
Undefined

Spoiler for ch 16 preview:

Need 17 asap...
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 09:16   Link #153
NeoSam

If they do it in ch. 17 will the manga end >.> (and there won't be enough material for the anime )

chapter 17 comes out in August 11th, you'll have to wait >_<
Old 2008-07-08, 12:12   Link #154
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
If they do it in ch. 17 will the manga end >.> (and there won't be enough material for the anime )

chapter 17 comes out in August 11th, you'll have to wait >_<
oh
oh
oh

now that kind of thinking, i really like
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 13:10   Link #155
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
oh
oh
oh

now that kind of thinking, i really like
hmm... maybe you meant to put the: "If they do it in ch. 17 will the manga end >.>" in bold because I don't see what you liked about the other sentence, unless you really want the anime to be very short >_<
Old 2008-07-08, 13:15   Link #156
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

nope, i bolded right. what i mean is there are people out there that hope for this series to have an anime adaptation(and it will probably knock kanokon off the ecchi charts in terms of skin showings )

i have'nt noticed any news about this being turned(or planned) into an anime, but it will be interesting..
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 13:20   Link #157
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
nope, i bolded right. what i mean is there are people out there that hope for this series to have an anime adaptation(and it will probably knock kanokon off the ecchi charts in terms of skin showings )

i have'nt noticed any news about this being turned(or planned) into an anime, but it will be interesting..
You haven't looked hard enough

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=67812
Old 2008-07-08, 13:22   Link #158
NeoSam

Of course this is getting animated. The anime has been announced since June 20th

Supah Em, where have you been you haven't been keeping up with the anime news, that's not good (lol).
Old 2008-07-08, 17:42   Link #159
Mizuno
Undefined

Especially for a manga like this.
Old 2008-07-13, 23:08   Link #160
Mizuno
Undefined

15-16 is here thanks to MBT.