AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-09, 14:28   Link #1461
JohnNiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Congrats, is the chance 1/31 to have 31 IV in the random stat?

Are you also using Joltik/Galvantula to set up sticky web? I've seen mostly Smeargle set up hazards on youtube.

Been breeding 31/31/31/31/x/31 and 31/31/x/31/31/31 Noibats to get 31/x/31/31/31/31, put them in at lv1, they're lv38 now. In the next pokemon game, I hope Gamefreak gives us an option to mass release unwanted pokemon, doing each and every one takes too long.
They're probably on the verge of figuring that out, considering they now allow you to drag an outline over a group to move them - they just need to make that one last generalization.

I spent a ton of time breeding for IVs in Gen IV and V, so it feels weird that people are now outpacing me. Then again, I've been focusing on shinies, so there is a limit to what I can do with IVs.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 15:49   Link #1462
GDB

1/32, not 1/31. There's a 0 option, after all.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 18:28   Link #1463
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Congrats, is the chance 1/31 to have 31 IV in the random stat?

Are you also using Joltik/Galvantula to set up sticky web? I've seen mostly Smeargle set up hazards on youtube.

Been breeding 31/31/31/31/x/31 and 31/31/x/31/31/31 Noibats to get 31/x/31/31/31/31, put them in at lv1, they're lv38 now. In the next pokemon game, I hope Gamefreak gives us an option to mass release unwanted pokemon, doing each and every one takes too long.
Yep, for sticky web, trying to make a lead out of it. I have never played competitively so I have no idea how this will work. But breeding my own team is pretty satisfying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
1/32, not 1/31. There's a 0 option, after all.
Speaking of 0, if the stat judge mention how bad certain stats are, it means it is zero right?
Old 2013-11-10, 00:02   Link #1464
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
They're probably on the verge of figuring that out, considering they now allow you to drag an outline over a group to move them - they just need to make that one last generalization.

I spent a ton of time breeding for IVs in Gen IV and V, so it feels weird that people are now outpacing me. Then again, I've been focusing on shinies, so there is a limit to what I can do with IVs.
Wait, I can do that!???. I remember that the game tell me something about group moving it but I forget.

So, now I'm breeding (This is the first time I'm doing this!) Goomy and finally get 4IV Goomy (Female) 31/31/x/x/31/31 and I also get an access to Ditto Safari, yay!.

Questions: If I want Goomy (Female) 31/31/x/x/31/31 to breed with Ditto....

1.) Which Pokemon do I have to put Destiny Knot on? (Is this matter??)

2. ) If I want their offspring to have the same Nature as Goomy, I have to put Ever stone on Goomy and If I want their offspring to have the same Nature as Ditto, I have to put Ever stone on Ditto. Is this correct?

3. Will it be okey if I use Ditto x/x/31/31/x/x to breed with Goomy 31/31/x/x/31/31 and hope to get Goomy with 31/31/31/x/31/31 or 31/31/x/31/31/31 or I should find a better Ditto.

4. Is there anyway to lock the ability that will pass on to baby? I'm aiming for 'Hydration' but I mostlly get Sap Sipper so far. I try searching on wiki but they only said about how to pass hidden ability.

5. My 4IV Goomy (Female) 31/31/x/x/31/31 is the result from the breeding between Male 31/31/x/x/31/x and Female 31/31/x/x/x/31. Is it possible to get 5IV Goomy, if I keep using this parent for breeding??

5.1) If I somehow get Goomy (Male) 31/31/x/x/31/31, Is it wise to try to breed it with Goomy (Female) 31/31/x/x/31/31 and hope to get 5IV?

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-11-10 at 00:20.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 00:24   Link #1465
JohnNiles

Touch the green icon above the box name, drag an outline around the pokemon you want to move, then drag that group to a new location. This is iuseful for me because I'm fussy about organizing my pokemon, but I tend to not leave enough boxes to squeeze things into (for example, my ever-expanding Safari collection).

1. Put the Everstone on a pokemon first- the other pokemon gets the Destiny Knot.
2. That's correct.
3. Safari Dittos will come with 2 IVs by default- shouldn't take too long to get one with 3. Plus you can use a Synchronize pokemon with the correct nature to track down Dittos of the same nature more easily.
4. You can increase the probability, but there's no lock.
5. Your female's max IVs completely cover the ones that the male has maxed. You'd need for a mutation to occur to get that 5th one. Or you could use a different male parent for a while - you might get it faster that way.

In general hatching news, I've been hatching eggs for the past 16 days without getting the shiny I've been working on and have probably gone over the expected odds. I strained my left shoulder holding down the buttons, so I need to be really careful not to injure myself further. -_- I'm getting desperate enough to consider using a safari shiny instead.

I did pick up a very nice safari through a random Animal Crossing trade - Growlithe and Larvesta, neither of which I had, and the lack of 3rd slot and unlocking of hidden ability is actually an advantage.
Old 2013-11-10, 01:36   Link #1466
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
Info.
Thanks you for your advice

Whoh! Just when I finished reading your post, the lastest egg has hatched into female Goomy with 5IV 31/31/31/x/31/31. Its nature is docile and it comes with 'Hydration' ability!

So, this is the mutation you were talking about

Now, If I breed this new female with Male 31/31/x/x/31/31, they should give me a lot of 4IV ^^
Old 2013-11-10, 01:40   Link #1467
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Thanks you for your advice

Whoh! Just when I finished reading your post, the lastest egg has hatched into Goomy with 5IV in hp/atk/def/s.def/speed. Its nature is docile and it comes with 'Hydration' ability!

So, this is the mutation you were talking about
>Docile
Why.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 02:03   Link #1468
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
>Docile
Why.
You are saying it is......bad???

I don't really mind. While it doesn't increase anything, it also doesn't decrease anything. Fine for me. I can randomly change its baby's nature later by not using Ever Stone anyway.

Or did you mean something else?
Old 2013-11-10, 07:33   Link #1469
Keila

Quote:

I don't really mind. While it doesn't increase anything, it also doesn't decrease anything. Fine for me. I can randomly change its baby's nature later by not using Ever Stone anyway.

Docile is a 'neutral' nature
• no +ve stat
• no -ve stat

Refer Link: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature

Generally you'd want to pick a nature that is benefical to your end goal.

Don't think of it as 'right nature vs wrong natures', it's more of a 'risk mitigation' type thing.
Old 2013-11-10, 11:27   Link #1470
ImperialFlameGod8190

Okay guys yay or nay to this idea. Without Mega stones and even including hidden abilities protean greninja is the strongest starter of all the starters. A very close second is speed boost blaziken
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 12:23   Link #1471
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Okay guys yay or nay to this idea. Without Mega stones and even including hidden abilities protean greninja is the strongest starter of all the starters. A very close second is speed boost blaziken
I found Greninja a bit hard to play after he reached his third evolution stage. Suddenly, all fighting and fairy move 1-shot you! Those damm high jump kick and play rough!

It took me a while to notice that he gets Dark-type in the third evolution stage

Got another 5IV Goomy from breeding but it's not a prefered nature and it's a female which I can't breed it with another 5IV female :P Now, I understand the important of Ditto.
Old 2013-11-10, 12:35   Link #1472
Shadow5YA

Protean Greninja is strong, but it has its counters. It's extremely fragile, so it relies on going first and sweeping to win. Any sweeper with high defenses that won't die in a hit or two can take out Greninja, especially if it guesses incorrectly and doesn't change its type to something that makes it resist the opponent's attacks.

Also since Greninja needs to go first, it's also at a disadvantage against any sweeper with priority moves.

Blaziken is also fragile. A Gale Wings Talonflame would have priority STAB Flying moves that can easily take out Blaziken and render its Speed Boost worthless.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 12:40   Link #1473
GDB

But really, Talonflame (and Azumarril in the case of 2-move Blaziken) are the only real revenge killers for him. And Talonflame can't risk switching in on him, since if he fires off a High Jump Kick, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, or Shadow Claw instead of Sword Dancing, he's taking at least 50% damage.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 12:51   Link #1474
Shadow5YA

In this matchup, the risk is well worth the reward. Talonflame also has priority Roost.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 16:21   Link #1475
Who

Quote:

Sorry, I didn't mean anything bad by it. Like Keila said, typically you'd want a specific nature according to what role your Goodra is going to play. For instance, if you want your Goodra to be a special wall, you'd want a Calm nature since it boosts Special Defense and lowers Attack by 10%.

But yeah, you're not at a bad position, since your 5IV Goomies give you a good place to start with.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 16:29   Link #1476
Awrya
U mad?

Just a thought, having a lead pokemon with Synchronize allows you to encounter wild pokemon that have a 50% chance of having the same nature as your lead, does it also work the other way around?
Having a lead pokemon with adamant nature, if you say encounter a Ralts that has Synchronize, will it have a 50% chance of having adamant nature?
Old 2013-11-10, 17:50   Link #1477
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
I found Greninja a bit hard to play after he reached his third evolution stage. Suddenly, all fighting and fairy move 1-shot you! Those damm high jump kick and play rough!

It took me a while to notice that he gets Dark-type in the third evolution stage

Got another 5IV Goomy from breeding but it's not a prefered nature and it's a female which I can't breed it with another 5IV female :P Now, I understand the important of Ditto.
Regular greninja yes is fairly weak but protean changes type to match its first move so its a lot easier to deal with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Protean Greninja is strong, but it has its counters. It's extremely fragile, so it relies on going first and sweeping to win. Any sweeper with high defenses that won't die in a hit or two can take out Greninja, especially if it guesses incorrectly and doesn't change its type to something that makes it resist the opponent's attacks.

Also since Greninja needs to go first, it's also at a disadvantage against any sweeper with priority moves.

Shadow 90% of sweepers relies on going first to be successful so that point is invalid. True guesswork plays a large role but again most sweepers have that issue
Blaziken is also fragile. A Gale Wings Talonflame would have priority STAB Flying moves that can easily take out Blaziken and render its Speed Boost worthless.
Old 2013-11-12, 02:52   Link #1478
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
No way. Speed Boost Blaziken is far easier to use. Gren does have an interesting ability, but the ability to boost your speed through Protect/Substitute coupled with powerful moves (Hi Jump Kick and Flare Blitz has more power) and higher attack stats is much easier to use.
And as far as Water starters, you can't forget Swampert and Empoleon, who both have strong defenses and are easy to switch to, compared to Gren, who has too low of defenses. However, it is hard to compare, since these two are used in completely different ways.

That said, I do find Gren interesting and plan to raise one... eventually

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2013-11-12 at 03:48.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 13:58   Link #1479
JohnNiles

Gah, Pokemon X/Y soundtrack out now? I can't be bothered to wait even a single day... going iTunes route for now, might import later.

edit: assuming the download/purchase will stop timing out. I'm raging- I don't want to try and debug someone's network error.

Last edited by JohnNiles; 2013-11-12 at 15:47.
Old 2013-11-14, 06:22   Link #1480
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
No way. Speed Boost Blaziken is far easier to use. Gren does have an interesting ability, but the ability to boost your speed through Protect/Substitute coupled with powerful moves (Hi Jump Kick and Flare Blitz has more power) and higher attack stats is much easier to use.
And as far as Water starters, you can't forget Swampert and Empoleon, who both have strong defenses and are easy to switch to, compared to Gren, who has too low of defenses. However, it is hard to compare, since these two are used in completely different ways.

That said, I do find Gren interesting and plan to raise one... eventually
Swampart has great defenses but grass will eat it alive and empoleon may be easy to switch into but its movepool is absolute crap. Greninja isn't a poke u switch in very often he's more a combination special sweeper or revenge killer. Everyone realizes that using choice specs or scarf on greninja is downright idiotic because it takes away its greatest skill. Speed boost blaziken is far easier to use ur right but flare blitz has recoil issues and HJK is great if it hits but if it doesn't your crippled pretty much.

O interesting discovery you can only add 100 friend codes to your DS no more which kinda sucks

Tags
pokemon x & y, rpg