Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-25, 17:13   Link #61
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Well, Pastel isn't a weekly-basis manga like Bleach... and as your standard romance manga, is not that bad

Yup, it's like Kubo wants to put the dramatic squirrel at the end of every chapter
Its a Praire dog. it originally came from a japanse tv show. get your facts straight.
i see what you meant and i totally agree but i also agree with Haak's second post on page two, we need to give this manga more time to form a new storyline and start asking about these new charaters. there charater design is a little bit weried if you ask me. the girl reminds me of "misa misa" from "death note" i prefer more normal charater designs (total contradiction of the fact my fave charater is urahara)

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2010-11-25, 18:06   Link #62
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Damn it... it seems like I don't like Bleach anymore... yet I can't stop reading it till it's done
Old 2010-11-25, 19:54   Link #63
ntherblast

Wow i read this chapter and threes a dude that literally looks exactly like Bradley from FMA
Old 2010-11-25, 20:27   Link #64
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Ya not sure what your referring too... after Ulq, Ichgio went on to have a brief skirmish with Yammy, then he travels to the real world with unohana and encounters Aizen... then there's some trolling by Aizen, and that gets us to Ichigo's 3 months of training which in real time actually only lasted an hour...
i just thought something perhaps Tite is planning on doing a arc on hell
Old 2010-11-25, 20:42   Link #65
Gin
*Artist

Hell chapter was awesome, I liked the Szayel's flashback of Mayuri's face, regular chapter was meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
i just thought something perhaps Tite is planning on doing a arc on hell
I don't know if you remember this, but there's actually going to be a Hell movie.
Old 2010-11-25, 20:44   Link #66
secretzfan
*Fansubber

I remeber the Hell movie, but t is only natural tite makes it cannon by creating a Hell arc
Old 2010-11-25, 20:58   Link #67
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
I remeber the Hell movie, but t is only natural tite makes it cannon by creating a Hell arc
Or he can make the movie canon by, y'know.... just saying it is. It don't have to be in the manga to be canon.
Old 2010-11-25, 21:07   Link #68
kiak666

I may be the only one who have this feeling but damn, that butler guy reminds me of King Bradley from Full Metal Alchemist with the mustache and eye patch.
Old 2010-11-25, 21:38   Link #69
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
I may be the only one who have this feeling but damn, that butler guy reminds me of King Bradley from Full Metal Alchemist with the mustache and eye patch.
I already said this so you aren't dude
Old 2010-11-25, 22:50   Link #70
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I think the best thing about this weeks chapter is the possibility that suggests Urahara might actually turn out to be an antagonist. Beyond that, this weeks special hell arc chapter proved much more interesting. If it's any indication of how good the movie will be, I'd say we've got quite the treat to look forward to.
Like the remaining 400-odd chapters haven't done their level best to plant that idea in our heads? About the only thing that screams "bad guy" more than shadowed eyes (which is constant when Urahara is wearing his hat) is the sneer, which Kubo has rightfully reserved for only the most irredeemable of his villains (Szayel Apollo and Cirucci Thunderwitch are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head...even Aizen never went much beyond an over-satisfied smirk).

But we did learn at least two things this week. One, and most important, Unagiya is involved in the "Kurosaki Coverup". It couldn't be more obvious that she was rushing Ginjou out of her business before he told Ichigo something important. Two, Kubo's creativity is obviously running on fumes. Not only does he give us two of the most overabused tropes in anime (the tsuntsun maid and the stoic butler), but he makes then look like hastily assembled texture swaps of Misa Misa and Fuhrer King Bradley...
Old 2010-11-26, 00:22   Link #71
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Hell chapter was nice, loved the last page. As for Urahara as an antagonist, I can only see that if bleach degenerates into a war for the spirit king and Ichigo goes all "so Aizen was right, the king sux! " and has to face Urahara, but something like that would be too cheesy to even troll about.
A duel for Yoruichi would be much more interesting xD
Perhaps. Should Urahara become a bad guy, I'd envision his motivations turning out to be something impossible to see coming that might not have anything to do with the spirit king. But who knows? Your guess is just as good as mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Like the remaining 400-odd chapters haven't done their level best to plant that idea in our heads?
True. But none of those 400+ chapters have implicitly and directly implied such a thing to such a great extent. I mean prior to this chapter we've always had just as many reasons to suspect Urahara as a bad guy as we've had reasons to suspect he isn't. IMO, this is the first chapter that finally confirms such a prediction to be a very real possibility with regards as to where the plot may be heading next.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-11-26 at 01:53.
Old 2010-11-26, 03:47   Link #72
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

I have been reading bleach pretty much from the start, the two chapters before 518 made me feel like a "year of Naruto fillers" was about to start. This new gives me hope! But even though some people are complaining that Kubo's style is changing I strongly disagree. As for character development, a lot of anime more or less change the way characters are drawn... I can honestly say that I am not disappointed with the direction of Bleach now. I was really curious as to what was going to come next if Ichigo lost his powers as a shinigami. I am really interested to know more about Ichigo's family. I have so many questions, for example, How come none of the Vizards recognized Ichigo's Dad's reiatsu? Just how long has he been out of the Soul Society circles? How does Urahara know him!? Was Misaki able to see spirits too? Did Ichigo's parents meet before Isshin got a physical body?! How did Aizen know about Ichigo? Is Isshin somehow connected to the "King" of Soul Society?

I know a lot of you may disagree with me and would want to see a good manga end rather than drag on and turn into a bad one. BUT! I believe we wont be disappointed once this arc takes form.
Old 2010-11-26, 04:08   Link #73
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

You're quite the optimist aren't you...
Old 2010-11-26, 04:36   Link #74
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You're quite the optimist aren't you...
Not usually, I have no idea what is in store for Bleach in the future but I know Kubo won't disappoint.
Old 2010-11-26, 06:30   Link #75
Arjayes

I really enjoy the way these chapters are turning out. Kubo puts a lot of subtle things in his chapters now that usually go unnoticed but I think it makes for better writing.

I also have a question. Disregarding the "hurr he should answer da many questions he left behind" because he may or may not answer them in the future and we all know that's everyone's complaint. So, what should Kubo do to redeem the story in your eyes? I personally believe it's good as is. However, what do you think he should do? Make Orihime more relevant? Have Karin be the protagonist and give her and Ichigo opposing views? Maybe Karin follows Urahara while Ichigo follows Ginjou? What do you guys reckon would improve the story from here on out?
Old 2010-11-26, 06:54   Link #76
iceyfw

good chapter this week. so about karin's feelings he talked about... well.... ok i have no idea.
Old 2010-11-26, 07:36   Link #77
Skyring

lots of bitching going on, I like that he's dragging it out a little shows that hes taking his time with it. I'd love to see karin with shinigami powers and yuzu with strong kidou. masaki couldn't haven been too strong as she got killed by the grand fisher (unless kubo goes plotkai and it turns out that aizen smashed her up).

He has got a lot of things still to cover, I'm shocked that 400+ chapters went by and Aizen's demise was... tepid, theres still some bankais yet to be shown, we've seen what 2 members of the kidou corps? zero squad?

But this chapter was good the new characters are cool quite shocked to see a fem who doesn't have uber boobs.
Old 2010-11-26, 07:55   Link #78
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjayes View Post
I really enjoy the way these chapters are turning out. Kubo puts a lot of subtle things in his chapters now that usually go unnoticed but I think it makes for better writing.

I also have a question. Disregarding the "hurr he should answer da many questions he left behind" because he may or may not answer them in the future and we all know that's everyone's complaint. So, what should Kubo do to redeem the story in your eyes? I personally believe it's good as is. However, what do you think he should do? Make Orihime more relevant? Have Karin be the protagonist and give her and Ichigo opposing views? Maybe Karin follows Urahara while Ichigo follows Ginjou? What do you guys reckon would improve the story from here on out?
Request a thread for it.
Old 2010-11-26, 08:21   Link #79
solomon

Been such a long while since I commented.

YAY, BLEACH SANS-AIZEN!!!!! This vibe is why I got into bleach in the first place.

And oh yea........Ikumi......I'd tap that, easily.
Old 2010-11-26, 09:44   Link #80
kitten320

That new guy really looks like King Bradley...

Well it is good to see some suspense put around Urahara, because we really don't know much about him and so far a lot of his actions weren't really positive... like for example hiding Hougyouko inside Rukia.