AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-18, 11:01   Link #1861
Shikijin

I'm reading Nadeko Snake. There was something I forgot. Hanekawa had lost her memory of the Golden Week. She didn't remember the cat. And contrary to what someone here said, Araragi specifically avoided talking about Kaii to her. Hanekawa didn't know of the crab, the snail or the monkey. Hanekawa just remembered about Araragi being a vampire.

I don't remember if those gags were even in the anime, but I can see where Nise Kanbaru comes from. She jokes about her left arm so strong she could push down Araragi on a bed, and she also keeps asking if she could take off her clothes.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 13:35   Link #1862
leorodri100

next....is TOOTHBRUSH...man i waited so much for that...ah it will bee a long week...
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 19:33   Link #1863
teja208
Critical fanboy

I haven't read the novel, but I was wondering if remaining 4 episodes is enough to cover Tsukihi Phoenix? In terms of pages, what is the difference between length of the first and second vol. of Nise Novel? Is the second vol. much shorter than the first?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 21:32   Link #1864
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I haven't read the novel, but I was wondering if remaining 4 episodes is enough to cover Tsukihi Phoenix? In terms of pages, what is the difference between length of the first and second vol. of Nise Novel? Is the second vol. much shorter than the first?
Believe it or not, it's longer. Only by a couple of pages though.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 00:31   Link #1865
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorodri100 View Post
next....is TOOTHBRUSH...man i waited so much for that...ah it will bee a long week...
Quick Omimon, hide in the bunker--you won't survive this!
Old 2012-02-19, 01:49   Link #1866
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Believe it or not, it's longer. Only by a couple of pages though.
Thanks for the clarification. So at this rate, I’ve taken that Shaft might be heading for a webcast again which I have no complaints as long as I get to see what needs to be seen especially the toothbrush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leorodri100 View Post
I can’t imagine how much novel fans will be pissed off if somehow the scene failed to get animated next week. Even though I don’t know the content, but from the hype, I’m eagerly expecting less fanservice/incest tolerant viewers to go like “OMG WTF MY EYES MY EYES CANNOT UNSEEEEEEE!!!!!” reaction. I really can't wait.
Old 2012-02-19, 03:56   Link #1867
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Quick Omimon, hide in the bunker--you won't survive this!
Remember me.....as a troll who leave things out of context.
Old 2012-02-19, 08:26   Link #1868
leorodri100

i saw a doujin for the toothbrush scene 5 pages of epicness
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 10:49   Link #1869
Romanticide

I have some questions about the latest episode's scenes and how they are in the novel, some other stuff too:
Would it have been possible for Tsukihi to heal Karen?
Does Shinobu tease Koyomi about rubbing her chest in the LN as well?
and also, does Shinobu ever comment on feeling what Koyomi does after he gets beaten by Karen?
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 11:52   Link #1870
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
I have some questions about the latest episode's scenes and how they are in the novel, some other stuff too:
Would it have been possible for Tsukihi to heal Karen?
Does Shinobu tease Koyomi about rubbing her chest in the LN as well?
and also, does Shinobu ever comment on feeling what Koyomi does after he gets beaten by Karen?
1)No, Tsukihi can only heal herself and she isn't aware of her powers
2)Yes
3)What you saw in the episode was it
Old 2012-02-19, 12:41   Link #1871
Shikijin

In Nadeko Snake Araragi once thought that Nadeko could be a merry drinker. Nisio sure remembers his stuff.
Old 2012-02-19, 19:27   Link #1872
Shadow5YA

Can somebody explain to me why Kaiki left so easy in Nise? I'm not so sure I understood the anime.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 03:41   Link #1873
Shikijin

In that situation saying reassuring things was what a con man is supposed to do.

In fact:
Spoiler for Kaiki:
Old 2012-02-20, 03:48   Link #1874
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
In that situation saying reassuring things was what a con man is supposed to do.

In fact:
Spoiler for Kaiki:
Spoiler for In fact:
Old 2012-02-23, 09:14   Link #1875
Shikijin

I've read all Nadeko Snake and I rewatched the anime. I was surprised to see it was a little less faithful then Nisemonogatari.

-They cut most of the initial part with Kanbaru, from Kanbaru calling it a date (Kanbaru basically stole Araragi's first date from Senjougahara), Kanbaru insinuating she would mind if Araragi got frisky with her in the wild, Kanbaru being asked from Araragi to change the way she calls him and then she came out with "Ragi", "Ragiko", "Koyomi" and in the end back as before, and much more, among which the "can I strip" gag.
-Araragi told Kanbaru to wear long sleeves and long pants because they were going on a mountain, Kanbaru in itself did as she was told, but arrived with torn jeans and a shirt that exposed her midriff. Araragi told her to at least button up her outerwear.
-The Serpentarius was referenced. It seems Kanbaru has some notions of astronomy (possibly from Senjougahara).
-While Araragi said Kanbaru's granny helped her making the lunch, it was more like the reverse, with Kanbaru even failing to be of help.
-Hanekawa chose some reference books for Araragi, but they were too expensive and Araragi noted he only had 10000 yen in his purse. Hanekawa then chose other books with cost as a criterion, and he ended up with a pile of books that precisely costed 10000 yen.
-Hanekawa said she got those headache because she had been busy and slacked off with her study.
-Kanbaru boasted being able to hit on a younger girl in less than 10 seconds.
-Araragi send Kanbaru to the convenience store buying the things they needed for the exorcism. Kanbaru had no money on her, so he'd pay for everything. It turned out Kanbaru had no money but she was carrying a school swimsuit.
-Oshino said that, unlike the others, Sengoku was a genuine victim.
-Oshino explained more about the Jagirinawa. He said snakes crush the bones of their prey to swallow them whole. When the curse is complete, the Jagirinawa's head enters through the mouth of its victim. It was meant to look like that.
-Araragi and Kanbaru revealed to Sengoku their kaii. Araragi hasn't told anything to Hanekawa about the crab, the snail and the monkey, and Hanekawa forgot about the cat.
-While facing the snake, Araragi saw himself as having defensive power whereas Kanbaru had offensive power. Mentally he was still trying to find a way to win.
-Talking with Tsukihi, he remembered he called Sengoku "Sen-chan". At the time it was almost a chore for him to play with his sisters' friends.
-It was explained briefly that after the exorcism it was late so the three splept together at the ruined cram school.
-Araragi doesn't know which person the snake returned to, whether the boy or the girl. Ultimately for him and for Sengoku it was "unnecessary" to know. "Unnecessary" as a word is written with snake + foot. This was the punchline of the story.

-All the flashbacks Sengoku had of her childhood were anime original. It should have been easy to imagine since the story is told from the point of view of Araragi. If anything, Sengoku fell for Araragi not because he repaired her bike, but because of his comebacks. She is shown to laugh at those several times.
-I think that while the lines were the same, having Sengoku speak so much somehow changed the impression. Araragi presented her as a new kind of character, the silent one (Shinobu -> haughty. Oshino -> sarcasm. Hanekawa -> sermon. Senjougahara -> abusive. Hachikuji -> polite rudeness. Kanbaru -> flattery). He noted that even Shinobu had become like that recentely though.

-In Nadeko Snake Sengoku was wearing her hat over her eyes and looking downward, but IIRC only in the first part of Tsubasa Cat it was mentioned her bangs cover her eyes.

EDIT: it is mentioned here vampires are weak to poison, that's one of the reason Araragi was having troubles with the snake.

Last edited by Shikijin; 2012-02-23 at 11:51.
Old 2012-02-23, 11:16   Link #1876
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
I've read all Nadeko Snake and I rewatched the anime. I was surprised to see it was a little less faithful then Nisemonogatari.

-They cut most of the initial part with Kanbaru, from Kanbaru calling it a date (Kanbaru basically stole Araragi's first date from Senjougahara), Kanbaru insinuating she would mind if Araragi got frisky with her in the wild, Kanbaru being asked from Araragi to change the way she calls him and then she came out with "Ragi", "Ragiko", "Koyomi" and in the end back as before, and much more, among which the "can I strip" gag.
-Araragi told Kanbaru to wear long sleeves and long pants because they were going on a mountain, Kanbaru in itself did as she was told, but arrived with torn jeans and a shirt that exposed her midriff. Araragi told her to at least button up her outerwear.
-The Serpentarius was referenced. It seems Kanbaru has some notions of astronomy (possibly from Senjougahara).
-While Araragi said Kanbaru's granny helped her making the lunch, it was more like the reverse, with Kanbaru even failing to be of help.
-Hanekawa chose some reference books for Araragi, but they were too expensive and Araragi noted he only had 10000 yen in his purse. Hanekawa then chose other books with cost as a criterion, and he ended up with a pile of books that precisely costed 10000 yen.
-Hanekawa said she got those headache because she had been busy and slacked off with her study.
-Kanbaru boasted being able to hit on a younger girl in less than 10 seconds.
-Araragi send Kanbaru to the convenience store buying the things they needed for the exorcism. Kanbaru had no money on her, so he'd pay for everything. It turned out Kanbaru had no money but she was carrying a school swimsuit.
-Oshino said that, unlike the others, Sengoku was a genuine victim.
-Oshino explained more about the Jagirinawa. He said snakes crush the bones of their prey to swallow them whole. When the curse is complete, the Jagirinawa's head enters through the mouth of its victim. It was meant to look like that.
-Araragi and Kanbaru revealed to Sengoku their kaii. Araragi hasn't told anything to Hanekawa about the crab, the snail and the monkey, and Hanekawa forgot about the cat.
-While facing the snake, Araragi saw himself as having defensive power whereas Kanbaru had offensive power. Mentally he was still trying to find a way to win.
-Talking with Tsukihi, he remembered he called Sengoku "Sen-chan". At the time it was almost a chore for him to play with his sisters' friends.
-It was explained briefly that after the exorcism it was late so the three splept together at the ruined cram school.
-Araragi doesn't know which person the snake returned to, whether the boy or the girl. Ultimately for him and for Sengoku it was "unnecessary" to know. "Unnecessary" as a word is written with snake + foot. This was the punchline of the story.

-All the flashbacks Sengoku had of her childhood were anime original. It should have been easy to imagine since the story is told from the point of view of Araragi. If anything, Sengoku fell for Araragi not because he repaired her bike, but because of his comebacks. She is shown to laugh at those several times.
-I think that while the lines were the same, having Sengoku speak so much somehow changed the impression. Araragi presented her as a new kind of character, the silent one (Shinobu -> haughty. Oshino -> sarcasm. Hanekawa -> sermon. Senjougahara -> abusive. Hachikuji -> polite rudeness. Kanbaru -> flattery). He noted that even Shinobu had become like that recentely though.

-In Nadeko Snake Sengoku was wearing her hat over her eyes and looking downward, but IIRC only in the first part of Tsubasa Cat it was mentioned her bangs cover her eyes.
It's stuff like this that goes to show Nisio really does remember everything he writes. Season 2 references a lot from season 1.
Old 2012-02-24, 08:25   Link #1877
Shikijin

Just caught another reference. In Tsubasa Cat Hanekawa mentioned three jokes from a radio program. Araragi discovered he knew all the persons who send those jokes. Sengoku's joke was about going to a maid cafè... and she is not the type of person who would like a place with that many people. Senjougahara's joke was about talking with friends... and she didn't have any for years (aside from Kanbaru, which was not really a friend). Kanbaru's joke... was about playing cards. It follows in Nise we discover she sucks at it.
Old 2012-02-24, 09:10   Link #1878
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1426659919

Pics from episode 8 is here. The last pic seems to confirm toothbrush. How long is the scene is the big question now...
Old 2012-02-24, 09:17   Link #1879
HasuMasu
*Artist

Now the moment of truth, will our wishes be granted?

Find out next time on NIIIIISSSEEEEEMMOOOONNOOOGGAAAATTAAAARRIIIII Z!!
Old 2012-02-24, 15:18   Link #1880
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1426659919

Pics from episode 8 is here. The last pic seems to confirm toothbrush. How long is the scene is the big question now...
Yes... YES! Well, Hitagi spent six minutes changing clothes in Bake, and the bath scene in Nise lasted for almost 15 minutes. I know we are treading in a more dangerous territory now, but I will be disappointed if Shaft doesn't let Karen and Koyomi fully indulge in some... innocent brushing of teeth.

Last edited by zarqu; 2012-02-24 at 16:36.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance