AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-01-25, 16:47   Link #241
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well, this was certainly surprising... Film Z getting licensed in US and Europe~

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2013/01/...-in-us-europe/
Old 2013-03-09, 05:17   Link #242
ronin myael
lost ronin

so when will this be released in the US and europe? i heard it's already showing in singapore and it is set to be released in taiwan and the philippines as well.

i stumbled upon a cam rip file of the film, no subs of course so i had to rely on what little nihongo i've managed to learn. the file was watchable but i bet it would've been much better on imax. from what i could see, the animation was really good, even better than strong world i think.
Old 2013-03-09, 08:57   Link #243
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Funimation has already licensed film Z, so it's just a matter of time before it's released in North America (it won't be soon though, mind you).

The action scenes and animation are phenomenal, aren't they? Indeed, it's the best we've ever seen of One Piece thus far.
Old 2013-03-09, 11:19   Link #244
ronin myael
lost ronin

^
^
oh yeah, i was so impressed with the fight scenes. it's definitely the best one piece movie i've seen so far. it's a shame we don't see this type of animation in the anime, the current arc could certainly use it.

i just think it's great that the movie is being shown in theaters outside of japan. and this happened because a lot of fans were clamoring for it. i remember a time when one piece was not even popular in these countries. the series' fan base seem to be growing each day. that's good news to me.
Old 2013-03-11, 23:24   Link #245
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

When is the blu ray being released in Japan.
Old 2013-03-12, 02:01   Link #246
ronin myael
lost ronin

i'm not sure but it will be released in the summer i think, may or june. i heard the movie will also be shown in south korea, thailand and hong kong.
Old 2013-03-18, 23:42   Link #247
tmizusawa

Link for an english interview of the director

http://heart.okwave.com/campaign/one...rview_director
tmizusawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 23:00   Link #248
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Translation is out!

Epic movie was epic!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 17:44   Link #249
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The movie was definitely epic. A lot better than Strong world. It's a must watch for every One Piece fan. Zephyr was one of the most interesting antagonist One Piece has ever seen. A genuinely good guy who has been repeatedly screwed over by life and eventually snapped. The ending where we find out where he got the name Z from really hit me.

Man, Kizaru is one cold motherfucker. He didn't seem to have any qualms about killing his former master unlike pretty much everybody else (Doberman even cried!). He looked as happy as ever.
Old 2013-04-14, 18:02   Link #250
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Man, Kizaru is one cold motherfucker. He didn't seem to have any qualms about killing his former master unlike pretty much everybody else (Doberman even cried!). He looked as happy as ever.
You think so? The part where he said, "sayonara, Zephyr sensei" seemed like he felt reluctant to kill his former mentor whom he had so much respect for. Unfortunately, Kizaru doesn't make exceptions for anyone.
Old 2013-04-14, 18:21   Link #251
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You think so? The part where he said, "sayonara, Zephyr sensei" seemed like he felt reluctant to kill his former mentor whom he had so much respect for. Unfortunately, Kizaru doesn't make exceptions for anyone.
Agreed, I think it was more out of respect that he went at it seriously and without discrimination. Who knows, under that seemingly indifferent face he could be feeling the need to cry his eyes out like everyone else.

But man...Z was an amazing and interesting antagonist, I nearly shed a tear at the end. And when I watched a second time, it really hits hard when in Garp's flashback Zephyr says "I want to create a hero." considering how he was as a child.
The same cannot be said for his subordinates who were largely uninteresting and unmemorable.
Old 2013-04-15, 01:25   Link #252
solomon

Saw it.

WOW.

Franchise movies are normally blase lightwieght endeavors. Strong World was better than that, but a little forced in my opinion.

But this one....WOW. Director Nagamine directed the HELL outta this movie. It standard weight sure but felt so EPIC! Z was a neat character which helped. But what really helped was the GODLIKE ANIMATION, it was SEXY.

I was on the edge of my seat for the entire film! I'm definetly buying it when it comes stateside.

(Hands up if you're a yankee whos jealous of them Frenchies getting in the theatres)

(Also hands up if you thought 18 year old Robin was just as SMEXY as 20 something year old Robin).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 13:36   Link #253
jasper222

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Saw it.

WOW.

Franchise movies are normally blase lightwieght endeavors. Strong World was better than that, but a little forced in my opinion.

But this one....WOW. Director Nagamine directed the HELL outta this movie. It standard weight sure but felt so EPIC! Z was a neat character which helped. But what really helped was the GODLIKE ANIMATION, it was SEXY.

I was on the edge of my seat for the entire film! I'm definetly buying it when it comes stateside.

(Hands up if you're a yankee whos jealous of them Frenchies getting in the theatres)

(Also hands up if you thought 18 year old Robin was just as SMEXY as 20 something year old Robin).
robin is 30.
jasper222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 14:15   Link #254
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

30 year old Robin > 18 year old Robin if I had to choose but its always nice to see her teenage self for a bit. And her moans when she turned back to normal? I died and went to heaven right then and there!
Also chibi chopper gave me diabetes.

You know, Strong World had it too...but the clothes the Strawhats wear in the last couple movies are always so freaking awesome. If anything I wish the clothes Brook and Robin wore in the final battle became their actual clothes for a few arcs in the manga/anime.

Speaking of age regression.............why didn't Z have Ain regress his age a couple of times back to his prime? True, he was still strong but he was weaken from age and whatever else and wasn't even at current admiral level.

And on that note...being semi-canonical, I believe this movie helps to show that Luffy, Zoro and Sanji aren't yet at Admiral Level (like many stubbornly keep believing).
Luffy got his ass kicked twice by Z and barely won the final battle (he won more by breaking Z's will than actually beating him till he couldn't stand anymore) but on the other hand Z didn't even make a scratch on Kizaru when they first fought...even when he used that bomb stone thing.
Also, to me, Franky+General = Near Monster Trio Level.
Old 2013-04-15, 14:24   Link #255
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I wonder why Oda said that Film Z is non canon?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 14:29   Link #256
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
^ Well.... I'd assume one of the biggest reasons being that it's incredibly hard to put this film inbetween two certain arcs with it making sense.... in this case Fishman Arc and Punk Hazard. There's just too many inconsistancies that'll be made...
Old 2013-04-16, 10:31   Link #257
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
But man...Z was an amazing and interesting antagonist, I nearly shed a tear at the end. And when I watched a second time, it really hits hard when in Garp's flashback Zephyr says "I want to create a hero." considering how he was as a child.
yup, i thought the scene where his former pupils wept as he was executed was really touching. awesome awesome movie!!! the best animated franchise film i've seen so far. odacchi and this particular team should definitely make another one.
Old 2013-04-16, 11:18   Link #258
solomon

Who else has been singing "Ocean Guide" (Kaidou) off and on.......hehehee?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 16:09   Link #259
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Who else has been singing "Ocean Guide" (Kaidou) off and on.......hehehee?
Funny that you mentioned it, I was humming that song while on my way to classes today...started without even noticing it xD
Old 2013-04-17, 08:22   Link #260
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
This is really the first One Piece movie that I can recommend to a general advenure and/or martial arts audience, that isn't even familiar with the manga or anime. It's the first genuinely good One Piece movie. What I didn't like were the main fights towards the end, the fact that exposition parts were too common and not well integrated into the plot and that said plot was too repetitive and somewhat lacking of motion. I liked basically everything else though. The animation quality ranged from above average to superb, the villain turned out to be much more interesting than I had anticipated and one of the recurring characters was used in a very clever way, where they helped move the plot along, yet still had mixed feelings about it and never commited 100 per cent. And obvioulsy, I enjoyed the fan service.

7/10