AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-21, 07:38   Link #41
White_Line

Send a message via AIM to White_Line
Wink

The second episode was okay... there is just one thing I have to say about it though. I now notice bad directing or something. You know, the story just doesn't flow nicely. It fits together to make an episode, but it's like choppy... I dunno maybe it's just me.

At least Akane is not acting like a Miaka No.2 just yet... but I fearfully say that she has the potential too... I'll keep sticking with this show. It's pretty good as far as it's going and I've found no reason to hate it yet.
White_Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 08:19   Link #42
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Line

The second episode was okay... there is just one thing I have to say about it though. I now notice bad directing or something. You know, the story just doesn't flow nicely. It fits together to make an episode, but it's like choppy... I dunno maybe it's just me.

At least Akane is not acting like a Miaka No.2 just yet... but I fearfully say that she has the potential too... I'll keep sticking with this show. It's pretty good as far as it's going and I've found no reason to hate it yet.
Ive found no reason to hate the show, but ive yet to find a reason to like the show. Ill most likely give it a few more episodes to see if it impresses me enough to keep it up, but thus far its lost me. Ive to many shows on this season as it is, could be a good reason to dump one
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 12:54   Link #43
Sakuya
*Artist

I think this show is very nice. It's got a nice logo, a nice opening sequence, and a beautiful ending sequence. However, I just can't accept how these characters just accept that they're in another country. Akane and Shimon. But what's worst is Tenma.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 13:30   Link #44
werty704

Send a message via AIM to werty704 Send a message via MSN to werty704
just wondering why there are two sets of characters: Haruka 1 and Haruka 2. http://marfisa.net/haruka/char/index.html

any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
werty704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 13:54   Link #45
ultramantaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by werty704
just wondering why there are two sets of characters: Haruka 1 and Haruka 2. http://marfisa.net/haruka/char/index.html

any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Two different games: Haruka 1 (which is what the anime and manga are from), and Haruka 2. Note the creators didn't give too much thought on the 2nd game's character designs.
ultramantaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 14:35   Link #46
domino
デレデレ

Ohh, I loved episode 2. <3 I think the story is flowing nicely. Not too slow (it gets to the point quickly, but doesn't go too fast). I wonder how the story will turn out, and if Akram has any motive behind his plans to take over Kyou. ^^; But he's an RPG villain, so maybe he won't have one. :p

Episode 3 looks cool because I've always favored... a certain character. <3 (guess who!)

And the characters in Haruka 2 look slightly different because in the Haruka game timeline, each sequel takes place 100 years after the game before it, and the Hachiyou have been kind of... "reincarnated" into their new character (they look similar to their old look and have their same old voice). I think they're making an OVA for Haruka 2 soon? And Haruka 3 is coming out soon, as well.

The poor Haruka 1 OVA... :P It wasn't TERRIBLE, it was just... hmm. It's like the Naruto Jump Festa episodes: if you weren't familiar with Naruto, you won't "get" the Jump Festas, and if you weren't familiar with Haruka, you wouldn't "get" the OVA. Both are just a random side adventure (though in my opinion, the Haruka OVA was a thousand times better than the Naruto Jump Festa episodes x_x ).
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 18:50   Link #47
Erroll

I like Harukanaru a lot but I'll admit, I'm biased. I've been reading a few chapters of the manga so I know a bit more of story. I think it's turning out rather well, from what I know, Akane does not turn into a Miaka clone, thank goodness. She's not annoying at all. She got freaked out by arriving in this strange world and having powers she didn't know about or how to control but seems like a natural reaction to me. At least she didn't overreact and get majorly depressed or start whining about her situation. She's been quite sensible about it considering what she's going through.

I've been excited about this show since I've heard about it. I can't wait for ep. 3. I think people who are judging by Fushigi Yuugi standards and seeing more negativity than is really there. Don't let mega-annoying Miaka ruin this show for you.

The only things I can see that these stories have in common is the whole miko/guardian thing and it's not like Fushigi Yuugi was even the first series to use the premise. Put FY on the backburner and give this show a chance.
Erroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 00:05   Link #48
Sakuya
*Artist

Can anybody give a general summary without any spoilers on all of the Haruka OVAs right now? For that page mentioned above, is Haruka 1 and 2 a game? Is #3 a game or an OVA? I'm all confused.

Are the OVAs subtitled? Are there torrents for them? I found eMule download links for the first OVA but it has little sources. So am currently looking for BT. Even if it's bad, I'd like to see more of this series instead of waiting for the TV episode each week.

Last edited by Sakuya; 2004-10-22 at 01:32.
Old 2004-10-22, 12:11   Link #49
auriya

Akane's okay so far. She's polite and mature, although at this point at least she hasn't done anything particularly heroic or endearing. I think it's funny that none of these characters, after being transported into a different world, worry about their parents or family or school or how the heck any of this is possible...which is what I'd freak out about. For example, in episode 1 Akane tries to use her cellphone to contact Shimon and Tenma. Wouldn't it make more sense to try to call home?

There are two Harukanaru games, and Harukanaru 3 is going to appear soon. As far as I know, they don't use the same character designs, but the plot is the same and the characters have the same names.
auriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 14:47   Link #50
NekoYousei
-Trichy-

Send a message via AIM to NekoYousei
Waaaa~ *faints from bishounen overload*
^___^

Yeah, okay, when I saw the preview for this, I was like..."It's FY all over again, but they added a seishi". Well, it's only at ep. 2 and I think it has room to prove me wrong. Yeah, it's gonna be like FY because, well...it's got the totally bishi protectors of a miko and there just happens to be a tie in with Suzaku, Seiryu, Genbu, and Byakko. =__=
I still like it though.

Tenmai (?, orenji atama)...is he Kyou's twin from Furuba?!?!? wtf?!? And Shinmon...sorry about the names... He looks like one of the CLAMP School Detectives!!! 0__0

I love the soundtrack and December cannot come quick enough. ;-;
NekoYousei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 14:57   Link #51
NekoYousei
-Trichy-

Send a message via AIM to NekoYousei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoi_Pocky
While it's not a soundtrack per se, they've announced an OP/ED CD at the Koei's Haruhachi Web site. Specs are as follows:

Title:
Harukanaru Toki no Naka De ~Hachiyou Shou~ "Haruka, kimi no moto e"

Contents:
1) "Haruka, kimi no moto e" (series OP) / performed by Morimura Tenma (Seki Tomokazu), Inori (Takahashi Naozumi), Nagareyama Shimon (Miyata Kouki)
2) "flowin' ~ Ukigumo ~" (series ED) / performed by
Spoiler for performers are characters that are either not directly named or does not appear in Ep. 1:

3) "Haruka, kimi no moto e" Instrumental Version
4) "flowin' ~ Ukigumo ~" Instrumental Version

Release Date:
Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Price:
1,300 yen (including tax)

Product #:
SVWC-7225

Specs for Initial Pressing:
Extra #1
Special CD packaging - jewel orbs enclosed in back of the CD package.
(So do those orbs come in a plastic bag and you can play with them as if
they're marbles, or are those orbs attached to the CD case as a
decorative element? Who knows...?)

Extra #2
A set of two pencil board (I believe 描き下ろし means pencil board,
please correct me if I'm wrong) stickers. The set that you get is chosen
at random from four possible sets:
Spoiler for title and name of individual Hachiyou guardians, which was not explicitly announced in Episode 1:

Extra #3
I'm really not sure about this one...it says something about 応募券
(== "raffle ticket", I presume) as well as スペシャル・ステッカー
(== "special sticker"). Something about getting a raffle ticket
for a prize draw if you buy the initial pressing of the CD,
as well as getting a complimentary sticker, I think. I've already
asked a friend whose Japanese is much better than mine
about this...and if it really is a raffle ticket prize draw, would overseas
entries be accepted, I wonder?

(EDIT: Thanks to my friend who's now replied, I've now learned that the initial pressing of the CD comes with an application form (which is what 応募券 actually means, contrary to my previous guess) which you can fill in to get a special sticker in return. Which is nowhere nearly as spiffy as my previous incorrect translation...

Argh, I was thinking about Gackt's 2003 Surprise Party campaign (where you have to collect 4 stickers from initial pressing versions of his single / album / DVD releases in order to qualify for a draw for a Surprise Party) when I was translating the part about the 3rd extra. I apologize for the error.)

Published by:
Aniplex (Sony Music Japan's anime distribution arm)

Distributed by:
Sony Music Distribution

Now, back to studying for a midterm today (which was what I was supposed to do to start with...but I felt like posting here better yay last-minute procrastination~~)
Is this gonna be available at YesAsia??? (I can't find it on there)
If not, where could I get it (possibly pre-order?)???
NekoYousei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 15:23   Link #52
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoYousei
Is this gonna be available at YesAsia??? (I can't find it on there)
If not, where could I get it (possibly pre-order?)???
I'll try to ask YesAsia.com to stock the item by giving them the item info. I haven't looked into the specific procedures of asking YesAsia to stock a new item yet, though... (other than directly sending an e-mail to the CEO on YesAsia's e-mail form)

And also checked CDJapan, but they have nothing either.

(EDIT: Today (Oct. 23) I have e-mailed YesAsia.com regarding the CD, as well as specifically mentioned an initial pressing release for the CD. Will post more information once Joseph Lam, the Product and Marketing Director for YesAsia, gives me a reply. )

Quote:
Tenmai (?, orenji atama)...is he Kyou's twin from Furuba?!?!?
That be Morimura Tenma And yes, not only does he look like Souma Kyou, both characters are voiced by Seki Tomokazu.

Last edited by Yaoi_Pocky; 2004-10-23 at 12:19. Reason: YesAsia.com contacted. Waiting for reply...
Yaoi_Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 15:24   Link #53
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Quote:

Tenmai (?, orenji atama)...is he Kyou's twin from Furuba?!?!? wtf?!? And Shinmon...sorry about the names... He looks like one of the CLAMP School Detectives!!! 0__0
Ah! someone mentioned it! He looks like kyou so. much. First thing I noticed. And yeah..Shinmon just needs hotpants and he'd be Nokoru!

Anyways..I dont know why everyone is saying "dont let Miaka ruin this for you!" The first episodes of FY were awesome! I loved Miaka!! It wasnt until later that she cried every episode.. -__- About this show though, I havent found anything to really like about these characters. Its almost like instead of personality they gave everyone a different hair color. Or atleast, thats all I know about them so far
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 17:58   Link #54
Iron Monkey

Quote:

I've noticed Tomokazu Seki commonly voices characters with orange/yellow hair. This is like the fourth of fifth one I've seen him do. But it's aight, cuz I think he's one heck of a voice actor, probably one of my fav male voices.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 18:51   Link #55
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Can anybody give a general summary without any spoilers on all of the Haruka OVAs right now? For that page mentioned above, is Haruka 1 and 2 a game? Is #3 a game or an OVA? I'm all confused. :twitch:

Are the OVAs subtitled? Are there torrents for them? I found eMule download links for the first OVA but it has little sources. So am currently looking for BT. Even if it's bad, I'd like to see more of this series instead of waiting for the TV episode each week. :sad:
Ahh, I wrote my post in too quick of a hurry and it came out confusing. ^^; When I said "Haruka 1", "Haruka 2", and "Haruka 3", I was talking about the GAMES. But to prevent any further confusion, here's a list of what exists in the Harukanaru Toki no Naka de world:

Games:
The game series made by Koei is what started the whole series. These games are dating sim games featuring RPG-like battles. In all of them you play as the Ryuujin no Miko who tries to save Kyou. As you are saving Kyou you can fall in love with any one of the Hachiyou ("Eight Leaves" - the Miko's eight guardians).

The TV series and manga are both based on the game Haruka 1.

Each sequel of the original game is the same basic idea but with a different setting/appearance. Each game has a different Miko and different guardians (all with different names). Each game takes place 100 years after the previous one. The new Hachiyou in each game look similar to an old Hachiyou (and have the same voice). For examples of the character differences, you can view the chart on this website.

The website for Haruka 2 is here. Haruka 3 has not yet been released.

There's also a Haruka board-game(? I have no idea... it looks like a mini game thing ^^; ) style game called Harukanaru Toki no Naka de: Banjou Yuugi. It looks really really REALLY cute. ^^ I want to play it... the website for it is here.

Manga:
There is a manga by Mizuno Tohko, who does the artwork for the game. I just flipped through the manga, and it seems to follow the anime very closely (I see a page with Tomomasa whispering to Akane exactly like in the first episode~~). So people who can't wait for the episodes should read the manga if they want to know what happens. I don't know how many volumes it is, though... (at least 7 volumes)

TV series:
The one currently being fansubbed. :P (Thank you, Aoi-Anime!)

OVA:
There are 2 OVAs that I know of.

The first OVA is called "Harukanaru Toki no Naka de: Ajisai Yumegatari". It is based on the first Haruka video game (the same game the TV series is based on). It's basically a "filler episode" made for those who have played the game. To summarize it briefly, Akram finds a girl who has the power to suck the life out of everything she touches. He manipulates the girl into working for him in an attempt to suck the Ryuujin's power out of Akane. This OVA, though "filler"-ish, is very pretty and has great songs. ^^ It is two episodes long and has been fansubbed (I have it).

There's another OVA based on the game Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 2 (different characters). I don't know anything about this OVA, because I haven't seen it. This is the site for the Haruka 2-based OVA.

CDs:
There are LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of Haruka music CDs and drama CDs. Most of the CDs are vocal CDs featuring various Haruka characters singing. The songs are all VERY beautiful and I highly recommend all of the Haruka vocal character songs. Proof of how good these songs are is the TV opening and closing song. Both the Haruka TV series songs (opening and closing) are sung by Haruka characters!

Concert?!:
Yes, there are concert/live events for Harukanaru Toki no Naka de. ^^ They are called "NeoRomance Festas" and are events where fans of the series come to cosplay, buy stuff, meet other fans, and (best of all) watch a live performance by the seiyuu (voice actors) of Harukanaru Toki no Naka de. The seiyuu perform live drama skits, sing character songs, dance, and have Q and A talk sessions on the stage for the squealing fans in the audience. The Haruka TV series was first announced at one of these events.

The live seiyuu concert events are recorded and sold on DVDs (which can be ordered from the official site). I think there have been at least 7 of these...

Hopefully I covered everything and wasn't as confusing as I tend to be. ^^;
Old 2004-10-23, 02:36   Link #56
Sakuya
*Artist

Thanks. It seems that no one has subbed the second OVA. This is such a unpopular anime. Anyway, what's the names of the opening and ending themes for the TV series? Are there places to download the full versions? Also, you mentioned good music for the OVAs. Care to name them?
Old 2004-10-23, 11:27   Link #57
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Thanks. It seems that no one has subbed the second OVA. This is such a unpopular anime. :( Anyway, what's the names of the opening and ending themes for the TV series? Are there places to download the full versions? Also, you mentioned good music for the OVAs. Care to name them? :)
The TV series songs are:

OP = "Harukanaru, Kimi no Moto e" (I think? The kareoke fansubs cover up the title a little ^^; " This song is sung by the characters Tenma, Shimon, and Inori (Hachiyou <3 ).

ED = " flowin' ~ (some kanji I can't read >_< )~" . This one is sung by the characters Sephil and Ran (you'll see who they are later in the series~).
Both of the TV series songs, it seems, won't be released on a CD until December.

The OVA songs are:

OP = "Sakura Fubuki" by Dasien. Very pretty song that suits the series very well.

ED = "Shura" by Dasien. This is a REALLY awesome song about demons (made for the Oni, of course!).

Both OVA (first OVA, not second) songs have been released on CDs, and I have mp3s of both.

This series IS really popular in Japan, but for some reason shoujo (that hasn't been released outside of Japan) doesn't gain much popularity anywhere else. Maybe if it gets licensed, it will change that. <3 The day the Haruka GAME series gets licensed, I will die happy (the game is addictive).
Old 2004-10-23, 11:52   Link #58
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I like the first episode, specially the opening song. Getting the CD soon when it come out. ^^

The story is flowing quite well too, I like the background theme of 4 guardians Seiryu, Suzaku, Byakko, Genbu. Cannot get enough of this kind of story. ^^ Is there going to be romance stuffs?

Edit: and Tomokazu Seki in it. me fan. ^^ Akane sounds strangely familiar too. But I cannot put my finger where I heard that voice before.

Last edited by Secca; 2004-10-23 at 12:03.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 12:03   Link #59
Iron Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
I like the first episode, specially the opening song. Getting the CD soon when it come out. ^^

The story is flowing quite well too, I like the background theme of 4 guardians Seiryu, Suzaku, Byakko, Genbu. Cannot get enough of this kind of story. ^^ Is there going to be romance stuffs?

Edit: and Tomokazu Seki in it. me fan. ^^ Akane sounds strangely familiar too. But I cannot put my finger where I heard that voice before.
I think Akane's voice is done by the same person who did Rosette's voice in Chrno Crusade. At least, it sounds the same to me.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 12:05   Link #60
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Monkey
I think Akane's voice is done by the same person who did Rosette's voice in Chrno Crusade. At least, it sounds the same to me.
I think you maybe right, that's kinda click together. No wonder sounds familiar. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote