AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-10, 00:51   Link #601
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Every seirei have a name involving a number 10 - Tohka , number 5 - Kotori , Number 8 - the twins, number 4 Yoshino, number 3 -Kurumi (correct me if im wrong), wonder if that means anything? lol Hope its at least 10 volume XD
I don't have Volume 5 with me as of yet; it should arrive later in the day, so I can't confirm this yet, but according to someone, the seireis have an organization of their own. So their names most likely correspond to their ranks.

Someone has a theory: that up to 10 volumes, it'll all just be build-up and background building about past events, circumstances, as well as the obligatory seirei per volume appearance/capture. Past volume 10 would then be the real deal.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-10 at 01:47.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 00:57   Link #602
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
I don't have Volume 5 with me as of yet; it should arrive later in the day, so I can't confirm this yet, but according to someone, the seireis have an organization of their own. So their names most likely correspond to their ranks.

Someone has a theory: that up to 8 volumes, it'll all just be build-up and background building about past events, circumstances, as well as the obligatory seirei per volume appearance/capture. Past volume 8 would then be the real deal.
Do you know why up to vol 8? He didn't count tohka in the organization? OO
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 01:27   Link #603
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Do you know why up to vol 8? He didn't count tohka in the organization? OO
My bad; I meant to say past Volume 10, but I ended up typing 8 instead for some weird reason. But yes, that was just a theory one of the translators for this series in Baka Tsuki came up with.

Me, I can't wait for Nightmare's return. I'm pretty sure her plan will come to fruition eventually; the only question is which side would she be on when the time comes.
Old 2012-09-10, 01:34   Link #604
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Lol go go Shidou make them all yours XD, can't wait till they explain how Shidou came with the power to absorb the Seriei's power. On a side note, it seem that vol 5 is reverse, the twins is trying to get Shidou to fall for one of them instead? XD
Old 2012-09-10, 01:38   Link #605
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Lol go go Shidou make them all yours XD, can't wait till they explain how Shidou came with the power to absorb the Seriei's power. On a side note, it seem that vol 5 is reverse, the twins is trying to get Shidou to fall for one of them instead? XD
According to the teasers for Volume 5, yeah. The twins wanted to see which of them could trigger his flag first, heh. Especially hilarious since one of them is a heavy case of chuunibyou.

I'm just hoping that, after this volume, future battles involving Shidou's haremized seireis will have them in their full 霊装 along with access to their angels. I don't really care much about the ASTs...the more they get curbstomped by full-powered harem seireis, the better!

I hope Shidou has insurance, though, considering that he'll have to deal with 11 seireis (10 ranks, one of which are twins) once he gathers them all, not to mention subcharacters like the crazy super obsessive stalking pervert rapist Origami in his harem, hahaha. Kurumi's love alone is...*shivers*
Old 2012-09-10, 01:45   Link #606
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Nooo Don't stomp Origami lol, if all the seireis have their full equips the city will probably be gone in a few "slash slash" >_> and I can't help but think Kurumi's power is just really overpowered == Talking bout chuunibyou, i still find it funny how his sister uses his "dark past" everytime Shidou fails lol...
Old 2012-09-10, 01:52   Link #607
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Nooo Don't stomp Origami lol, if all the seireis have their full equips the city will probably be gone in a few "slash slash" >_> and I can't help but think Kurumi's power is just really overpowered == Talking bout chuunibyou, i still find it funny how his sister uses his "dark past" everytime Shidou fails lol...
Nightmare's only overpowered because of her "time clones", each of which also has access to Nightmare's abilities. Render that ability useless, just like Efreet did, and she's pretty much dog food. Also, Nightmare "cheated" and had some duplicates of her fight Princess and Origami before the actual showdown, so they weren't in their full condition.

Plus, Princess didn't have full access to her 精力, so I wasn't too surprised that she and Origami both lost against Nightmare. Honestly speaking, I don't think any of the seireis are actually overpowered; they just have varying aspects of strengths and weaknesses. It's just that they are naturally stronger than ANYTHING that exists, though Volume 5's Ellen seems to challenge that notion.

I don't think they'll level a city completely, considering that Shidou's there to regulate their power usage.
Old 2012-09-10, 01:55   Link #608
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Nightmare's only overpowered because of her "time clones", each of which also has access to Nightmare's abilities. Render that ability useless, just like Efreet did, and she's pretty much dog food. Also, Nightmare "cheated" and had some duplicates of her fight Princess and Origami before the actual showdown, so they weren't in their full condition.

Plus, Princess didn't have full access to her 精力, so I wasn't too surprised that she and Origami both lost against Nightmare. So I don't think any of the seireis are actually overpowered; they just have varying aspects of strengths and weaknesses.

I don't think they'll level a city completely, considering that Shidou's there to regulate their power usage.
Well Kurumi's seventh bullet allow her to stop a target's time, and her eighth bullet can create as many clone as she want, without a way to deal with those clones she will be pretty dominating. Not to mention she can go back to the past >_> (only read up to vol 3, so I havn't seen Efreet sealing her clones yet)
Old 2012-09-10, 01:59   Link #609
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Well Kurumi's seventh bullet allow her to stop a target's time, and her eighth bullet can create as many clone as she want, without a way to deal with those clones she will be pretty dominating. Not to mention she can go back to the past >_> (only read up to vol 3, so I havn't seen Efreet sealing her clones yet)
Yeah, she can rewind time, but it only works on her. She can just technically keep rewinding herself back to peak condition, provided she has enough 精力. Her seventh and eighth bullet, used together, are indeed lethal as shown when she easily defeated Mana.

I won't spoil it because it is one hell of an opener for Volume 4, but suffice to say that Efreet COMPLETELY makes Nightmare, who just a volume ago was curbstomping Princess, Origami and Mana while holding Shidou hostage with very little effort, into nothing but a plaything.
Old 2012-09-10, 02:02   Link #610
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Did Efreet had her powers still sealed by Shidou when she fought kurumi? Cause if she did then that's really overpowered.... And during the fight Princess didn't have her full power(?) Cause Shidou still had her powers sealed, so she might actually stand a chance against Kurumi~
Old 2012-09-10, 02:08   Link #611
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Did Efreet had her powers still sealed by Shidou when she fought kurumi? Cause if she did then that's really overpowered.... And during the fight Princess didn't have her full power(?) Cause Shidou still had her powers sealed, so she might actually stand a chance against Kurumi~
Efreet "took back" her powers from Shidou right after her appearance. And then proceeded to throw Kurumi around like she was nothing but a rag doll, hahaha.

Yeah, remember that Princess didn't have access to her full power - Shidou still had it sealed, she only had access to whatever was leaking out from Shidou due to mental instabilities and uncertainties.

That's kind of what I'm looking forward to. Come Nightmare's return, I wonder how a Princess with access to her power would fare?
Old 2012-09-10, 02:15   Link #612
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Don't forget bout Yoshino~ On a side note, I'm more surprised about the fact that Shidou is able to sealed in all their powers inside his body without any side effects. ( Beside that healing power ) Princess vs Kurumi, giant sword vs guns <3
Old 2012-09-10, 02:19   Link #613
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Don't forget bout Yoshino~ On a side note, I'm more surprised about the fact that Shidou is able to sealed in all their powers inside his body without any side effects. ( Beside that healing power )
Well, Yoshino wasn't part of the rooftop battle in Volume 3. She was part of the "delay Origami" battle in Volume 4, but that...*shakes head* poor Yoshino. Having her around is definitely worth it for Yoshinon/Zadkiel's appearance, though, what with Yoshinon's wisecracks.

Spoiler:
I say "sealed" because Efreet was able to take it back, without Shidou's knowledge at the beginning of Volume 4.

What I'm also curious about is, can Tohka wield ハルヴァンヘレヴ with Shidou's support without going Kurumi-level batshit insane crazy? When she wielded that final sword of Sandalphon in Volume 1, Tohka just went sheer crazy trying to annihilate Origami. Here's hoping Shidou can let her use that sword of hers without going nuts!
Old 2012-09-10, 02:24   Link #614
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Well, Yoshino wasn't part of the rooftop battle in Volume 3. She was part of the "delay Origami" battle in Volume 4, but that...*shakes head* poor Yoshino. Having her around is definitely worth it for Yoshinon/Zadkiel's appearance, though, what with Yoshinon's wisecracks.

Spoiler:
I say "sealed" because Efreet was able to take it back, without Shidou's knowledge at the beginning of Volume 4.
I think Efreet probably knows a lot about Shidou's "power", considering that she sealed her power in him early on, she shouldn't have known how to do that without someone teaching her~

Edit* ハルヴァンヘレヴ"? ( sry can't read japanese ) I think she was going nuts in volume 1 due to the supposedly "death" of Shidou, rather than the fact that her power is making her go crazy. So if there is a way for her to use her power, she probably won't go nuts as long as Shidou is by her side.
Old 2012-09-10, 02:27   Link #615
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
I think Efreet probably knows a lot about Shidou's "power", considering that she sealed her power in him early on, she shouldn't have known how to do that without someone teaching her~

Edit* ハルヴァンヘレヴ"? ( sry can't read japanese ) I think she was going nuts in volume 1 due to the supposedly "death" of Shidou, rather than the fact that her power is making her go crazy. So if there is a way for her to use her power, she probably won't go nuts as long as Shidou is by her side.
You're right on that mark; someone did teach her about Shidou's ability, and it's right near the end of Volume 4. It's also a very touching moment for Kotori and Shidou, and definitely asserts her completely hidden head-over-heels Shidou brocon tendency, hahaha.

For Halvanhelev (wtf romaji plz yo), that might be the case...but she did almost lose control of the sword, when she gathered way too much energy into it. Either way, Princess will definitely need support when using it.
Old 2012-09-10, 02:33   Link #616
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
You're right on that mark; someone did teach her about Shidou's ability, and it's right near the end of Volume 4. It's also a very touching moment for Kotori and Shidou, and definitely asserts her completely hidden head-over-heels Shidou brocon tendency, hahaha.
Lol seems like brocon and siscon is all the rage right now XD, the dual personality, sadistic and the"poisonous tongue" of hers along with the pure and childlike personality of hers...+1 in my heart XD
Old 2012-09-10, 02:34   Link #617
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Lol seems like brocon and siscon is all the rage right now XD, the dual personality, sadistic and the"poisonous tongue" of hers along with the pure and childlike personality of hers...+1 in my heart XD
You should get to reading Volume 4 then. It's just dosed up with sheer Kotori love!

And it's just funny how, no matter how brocon Kotori is, Shidou just won't trigger a siscon flag. Hahaha.
Old 2012-09-10, 02:36   Link #618
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
You should get to reading Volume 4 then. It's just dosed up with sheer Kotori love!

And it's just funny how, no matter how brocon Kotori is, Shidou just won't trigger a siscon flag. Hahaha.
Lol it's time like this I wish i know how to read japanese T_T
Old 2012-09-10, 02:39   Link #619
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Lol it's time like this I wish i know how to read japanese T_T
Which version are you reading? The chinese translations? I hear those haven't caught up to Volume 4 and 5 yet, sadly.
Old 2012-09-10, 02:40   Link #620
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Which version are you reading? The chinese translations? I hear those haven't caught up to Volume 4 and 5 yet, sadly.
Ya~ Vol 4 is half way done but then the translator went missing ( Think he hurts his hands ) since july, and vol 5 is getting translated by another person, but he won't start until vol 4 is done =I

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy