AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2014-06-25, 23:52   Link #6541
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
ME! me! me! me! me! me! me! me! badass shiki with either lots of blood or void everywhere

but why do you ask?
Just surprised there wasn't any crossovers yet with ToAru, is all.

Funny how intrusive thoughts work. Remember in NT10's Afterword where Kamachi said he "wanted to write a scene of Kamijou spinning through the air and dislocating his shoulder"? Well, he probably infected me, cause one day, for some reason, I got in my head the picture of Touma fighting Fujino, and her "bending" him, and since then it never left me.

So, why not write this exact scene?

Of course, I only have the faintest idea in mind, but the basic would be to put the Psychics of the cases in the ToAru verse as Gemstones, which would not be that hard to do. Thanks to KnK's uniqueness compared to the rest of Nasu's works (in which timeline does it even occur?), the problem of Nasuverse's mechanics can be put aside by leaving the rest of the Nasuverse out of the fic. Unfortunately, it would mean no Shiki, or rather no visual appearance from her, since she is difficult to conciliate with the rest. I mean, Gaia can pass off as the Power of the World, but Akasha? And the Origins? And the Mystic Eyes being so OP it's not even funny?

So it would only be the Psychics, with the exception of Azaka since her Spontaneous Combustion is close enough, and she would not be the first Magician in AC (with Motoharu and Etzali&co.) anyway. All of them would have been brought to AC following the Gemstone search back in SS2.

As you can see, it's very rough draft, but I feel like there's something to be made here (incidentally, it would bring focus to poor Himegami and gutsy Gunha). I would place it either after Touma's return on November 5th or during the Cultural Festival Arc. Let me come back later with a rough snippet.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 02:26   Link #6542
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
...why WORST?

And as a personal preference, I would remove Birdway as well unless the date was poking fun of her brocon.
Oh she links specifically into the overall plot I got in my head.... But also its because with Worse has the whole "bad girl" thing going, I can put Touma through much misfortune as Worse tries to "break him"!

Yup and Birdway in there totally for Brocon jokes, as well as "this isn't a date" jokes. I also need to figure out the most embarrassing person to see Touma on "date" with Birdway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
You could include Kanzaki since the date could Touma's way of repaying her after he used her the way he did in NT10.
She could be fun to, and a nice contrast to the other girls, since she's more mature and less evbol than Worse, plus they have a nice friendly dynamic...

I think do a Saintly Sunday then!

I might use Saten for Saturday as the "nice normal girl", she can be pretty funny, and fit as nice contrast for both Worse and Kanzaki.

What I really want to do with this story, besides make jokes at Touma's expense, is try to put across why all the different girls are crazy about Touma, since most romances stories are ship unbalanced >.<
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 02:54   Link #6543
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
So, now that the chapter is done and I have a bit of free time before I need to start working on the next one, here's a question.

Who should I have Touma bump into first in the hair-gel snippet?
How about Mikoto since he always runs into her when he's walking around the city. Although I suppose you could sneak in Aogami and Tsuchimikado and/or Miss Forehead Deluxe. I can only imagine the trolling that Tsuchimikado could do. Maybe even take a picture and send it around to a bunch of people and it eventually makes it's way into the phones/messages of certain girls. Or maybe the odd phone call to Nee-chin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
Oh she links specifically into the overall plot I got in my head.... But also its because with Worse has the whole "bad girl" thing going, I can put Touma through much misfortune as Worse tries to "break him"!

Yup and Birdway in there totally for Brocon jokes, as well as "this isn't a date" jokes. I also need to figure out the most embarrassing person to see Touma on "date" with Birdway...
Aogami and Tsuchimikado, since Aogami will go insane with jealousy and Tsuchimikado will do his usual troll; and will probably inform the whole class. Then there's Fukiyose with the whole "KAAAAMMMMIIIIIIIIIIJjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjOOOOOOOOOOOOO! !!!!!!! I can't believe that you're actually into little girls! You PERVERT!!!!!". Komoe-sensei is another possibilty, but I'm not too sure how that would work out.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 04:25   Link #6544
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Funny how intrusive thoughts work. Remember in NT10's Afterword where Kamachi said he "wanted to write a scene of Kamijou spinning through the air and dislocating his shoulder"? Well, he probably infected me, cause one day, for some reason, I got in my head the picture of Touma fighting Fujino, and her "bending" him, and since then it never left me.

Of course, I only have the faintest idea in mind, but the basic would be to put the Psychics of the cases in the ToAru verse as Gemstones, which would not be that hard to do. Thanks to KnK's uniqueness compared to the rest of Nasu's works (in which timeline does it even occur?), the problem of Nasuverse's mechanics can be put aside by leaving the rest of the Nasuverse out of the fic. Unfortunately, it would mean no Shiki, or rather no visual appearance from her, since she is difficult to conciliate with the rest. I mean, Gaia can pass off as the Power of the World, but Akasha? And the Origins? And the Mystic Eyes being so OP it's not even funny?

So it would only be the Psychics, with the exception of Azaka since her Spontaneous Combustion is close enough, and she would not be the first Magician in AC (with Motoharu and Etzali&co.) anyway. All of them would have been brought to AC following the Gemstone search back in SS2.

As you can see, it's very rough draft, but I feel like there's something to be made here (incidentally, it would bring focus to poor Himegami and gutsy Gunha). I would place it either after Touma's return on November 5th or during the Cultural Festival Arc. Let me come back later with a rough snippet.
KnK is in 1990's time. While I'm not sure on Tamni year aside from date. I don't know what year it is. The earliest is 1995 where Shiki and Mikihisa met. They are still going to school on this time.

hmm. So your idea is to set some characters as gem stones? well its possible but if I remember it right Fujino has some form of telekinesis. It bends the target area. If its Touma. He can either feel it or read its target spot. He doesn't have MEDP so see it but Touma has precog and high level of instinct. Specially in the later part of the level that even attacks that can't be read or evade was still manage to deflect or at least evade a bit or outright dispel it with IB.

hmm. Azaka's ability can actually be classified as gemstone with its instant combustion on whatever she touches. Its also possible for Meruka's ability to see the future and the path to future to be a form of gem stone. As long as its not too different from each other but then again. Gunha's ability as gemstone can't be categorize as one ability. Its more like multi-skill.

As for nasuverse world's mechanics. I think if one isn't too strict to rule and can bend or ignore some rules in the world. The nasuverse and tamniverse can be mix.

Akasha can be explain as the will of the living and its pretty simple as that.

For the origin of each person is different. Well it can be link to personal reality because each individual has their own personal reality too.

mystic eyes are indeed OP but well. The user is still human and it depends on the corrosion level of the eye. As it corrodes more of the brain of the user. Its easier for the user to kill the "world" itself but that will leave him unhinge or insane.

The difference probably is in nasuverse there are magus and in tamni there are magic users. The magic users in tamni just uses the magic as a tool for their goal. In nasuverse they will probably be called heretic because they aim for akasha or whatever twisted research they want to conduct.
Old 2014-06-26, 07:37   Link #6545
Draco Spirit

Ahh Aogami and Tsuchimikado...

I think I figured out the seven to use now!

Monday - The Sisters

Tuesday - Birdway

Wednesday - Othinus

Thursday - Misaki (I got a one shot sized story in my head *nods nod*)

Friday - Worse

Saturday - Saten

Sunday - Kanzaki

Now to write it >.<
Old 2014-06-27, 02:22   Link #6546
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

You know, after some thought, you could totally see the Seven Sins in these girls. I mean, look at it.

Monday - The Sisters (Greed)
- Come on, they all want him to themselves. They're even willing to revolt against the original over him for Pete's sake.

Tuesday - Birdway (Gluttony)
- Siblings want to hog all the attention, and with Birdway we could say that she wants nothing more to both have and maintain her 'big brother's' attention as much as she possibly can.

Wednesday - Othinus (Envy)
- This one all depends on if she's normal or a fairy. Hilarious as it would be to have a date with Fairy Othinus, I'd say this criteria fits since she would want him, but can't now due to her current state of being.

Thursday - Misaki (Lust)
- She's been itching to get to Kamijou for how long now? She knows what she wants and driven to attain it. She's even willing to use other women's sex appeal to get to him, so yes I'd say she fits the bill for this one.

Friday - Worse (Wrath)
- The negative thoughts of the Misaka Network, yeah I think she's privy to all the sins. But at the base of it all, Worst is definitely attuned more towards this sin than any of the others.

Saturday - Saten (Sloth)
- Most of the women on this list are extraordinary in appearance, abilities, and what not; so having a normal girl given a slot kinda makes it less exciting. Not as her character, but in comparison to the rest, she is definitely more bland.

Sunday - Kanzaki (Pride)
- Proud woman, check. Great sense of duty and an obligation to repay debts, check. I think the rest is pretty much self explanatory.

See, the sins fit in somehow or in some way with each of these girls. You could probably use this as a guideline for the events that take place on those dates. That or use it as themes, or whatever you want them to be. I just felt like posting this because it caught my attention earlier and didn't have time to post it until now.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-27, 04:04   Link #6547
Draco Spirit

Seven sin themed comady... why not >.<
Old 2014-07-01, 11:41   Link #6548
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Spoiler for Anyone wants some catnip:

Some women just want to see the world nya~

I'm aiming for either a two-shot or three-shot (depends on if I skim some details/how much fluff I want in). Mostly humor/romance, although there's a bit of (melo)drama for the sake of having an intrigue.

I already have in mind that our little lovebirds here visit a biodome (dolphin and wild cats included), but I'm trying to think of something else that fits in.

Anybody has any ideas? I promise I'll make good use of them, then pretend I came up with them on my own

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 21:16   Link #6549
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Spoiler for Anyone wants some catnip:

Some women just want to see the world nya~

I'm aiming for either a two-shot or three-shot (depends on if I skim some details/how much fluff I want in). Mostly humor/romance, although there's a bit of (melo)drama for the sake of having an intrigue.

I already have in mind that our little lovebirds here visit a biodome (dolphin and wild cats included), but I'm trying to think of something else that fits in.

Anybody has any ideas? I promise I'll make good use of them, then pretend I came up with them on my own
Fixed an error I saw, but otherwise I don't see anything else. Kinda down on suggestions myself here, but I've kinda got my own problems at the moment. I'm still questioning if having Mugino in an arcade is too outlandish for her or not.

I don't find the idea of her playing games to be a bad idea honestly. Fact, I think it'll be hilarious if she repeatedly gets her ass handed to her in a fighter game or something. I get the feeling she either sucks at games or just hates everything except Skee ball; and the only reason she likes that is because she's damn good at it.

Hey now, there's an idea for ya. Have 'em go to an arcade or something; mayhem can ensue from there. I'm sure you can do something funny with either of them trying to play DDR or something.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-07-01, 23:07   Link #6550
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Hey now, there's an idea for ya. Have 'em go to an arcade or something; mayhem can ensue from there. I'm sure you can do something funny with either of them trying to play DDR or something.
Quote:
with either of them trying to play DDR or something.
Quote:
DDR
Beautiful.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2014-07-01, 23:24   Link #6551
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

I actually see Worst, in some way, messing with the machine to make everything speed up.

Imagine seeing some guy spazzing out because he can't hit the arrows in time.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-07-04, 09:07   Link #6552
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Sumeragi-senpai, please notice me, this servant will bring you the yuri that is your birthright

Old 2014-07-04, 13:20   Link #6553
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

>__>

Oi, Kyon, I'm bored; go read Darkness for me. Two large pizza's with stuffed crust and your choice of toppings if you can do it without your eyes bleeding.

Either that, or give me a challenge so I have something to keep me occupied.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-07-04, 16:00   Link #6554
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

AcceleratorxYomikawa go go go. Oh wait, I did digress for like an hour yesterday and wrote a rough script for that.

Fuck.

So um, wait, lemme dig out a pairing from my dealer hat...

Alright, AcceleratorxMugino. Here's your kinder surprise plotline!

Spoiler for How to tame a brat:

Unless you want a darkfic.

Spoiler for Vengeance:

Old 2014-07-05, 21:25   Link #6555
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

*Whistle as he adjusts the crown of lilies on his head.*

I'm such a fiend.

Old 2014-07-05, 21:50   Link #6556
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

I'm always a sucker for Parent Trap situations. Though, I've always imagined LO and Fremea would be just the worst type of kids.
Old 2014-07-07, 05:57   Link #6557
R.D.Blax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
*Whistle as he adjusts the crown of lilies on his head.*

I'm such a fiend.
Curse you ! Now I'm addicted to catnip ! You better take responsibility for this !!!
R.D.Blax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 08:02   Link #6558
The One Above God
Kamijou

Found something interesting
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1051992...y-Version-Iota

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 08:18   Link #6559
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
I really enjoy reading that, I would highly suggest it to everybody to give it a go.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 10:17   Link #6560
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Currently watching Akame ga Kill anime.
Maybe a crossover idea might pop out once i watch a couple of episodes.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction