AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-06-22, 07:28   Link #3621
Random14

Hm, was all this focus on Endeavor actually death flags? Well, there's still a chance he can get back up, but looks like that eye is gone at least. Bad luck that he had to fight such a Noumu right after becoming #1. Or is it just bad luck that it found him so fast? Hm, nah, I'm probably just being too paranoid.

Whether Endeavor survives or not, this will probably force (Shouto) Todoroki to deal with his issues too.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 07:31   Link #3622
Sixth
Hu Tao

Someone brought up a good point in this chapter from other forum.

Why is AFO doesn't have the regeneration quirk when his minion has one, and in fact, a very competent version?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 08:11   Link #3623
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberstein View Post
He is not die yet he only suffers of losing one eye and some deep cut he can stand up next chapter and ignore the wounds whiile crushed Noumu with some smirk, of course that scenario only apply to truly badass guy which top hero like him should do. Something like Knuckle duster and AM would do.
What a shame to defeated like that hmf.
Yeah, I think Hawk will come in next chapter and buy some time for Endeavor to get back up. In manga, when a badass character loses an eye, he becomes 10 times more badass.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 10:18   Link #3624
Wandering Soul

I doubt Endeavor will die, but he will probably come out of this with a scar to mirror his son's. If Endeavor does die or is put in critical condition, it could really drive home how lost their society is without All Might. After all it would be doubt no shock the public to have the New No.1 Hero lose during his debut.
Old 2018-06-22, 10:41   Link #3625
XFire
150% done

I'm kinda hoping Endeavor manages to pull out a win. Just being offed here seems like a cheap way out. I don't want this to be resolved with "he was a shitty father and husband but since he died as a hero we'll remember him fondly".
Old 2018-06-22, 10:42   Link #3626
grecefar

I would be pretty cool if endeavor died, I mean it would make the hero camp fal in chaosl since two number 1 fall quickly one after another.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 10:58   Link #3627
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is it. The moment that will decide if Endeavor is worthy of being number 1. If he doesn't get back up and surpass his limits, it's all over for him, even if he survives. And society will fall into chaos.

He got injured on the same side of his face as Todoroki. Most likely lost his eye unlike him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Someone brought up a good point in this chapter from other forum.

Why is AFO doesn't have the regeneration quirk when his minion has one, and in fact, a very competent version?
He does have one. However, it was explained that since he acquired it after his fight with All Might and his wounds had already closed up, it can't bring him back to top shape, just the state he was in when he got the quirk.
Old 2018-06-22, 16:03   Link #3628
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He does have one. However, it was explained that since he acquired it after his fight with All Might and his wounds had already closed up, it can't bring him back to top shape, just the state he was in when he got the quirk.
Idk if this has been specluated or not but what if AFO decides to go after Eri in order to have her rewind his body back to its prime, if i had to guess he would also kidnap eraser head for his quirk aswell as insurance. He'd transfer his forcible quirk activation to another person and have them first activate Eri's quirk to restore his body to its prime, then once he was in his prime his partner would force open eraser heads eyes and activate his quirk on eri to disable it before she erases AFO. The reason he might need to transfer the forcible quirk activation is in case when his body is being reversed he loses the quirk when he goes back a certain length of time.
Old 2018-06-22, 19:21   Link #3629
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonroots View Post
Idk if this has been specluated or not but what if AFO decides to go after Eri in order to have her rewind his body back to its prime, if i had to guess he would also kidnap eraser head for his quirk aswell as insurance. He'd transfer his forcible quirk activation to another person and have them first activate Eri's quirk to restore his body to its prime, then once he was in his prime his partner would force open eraser heads eyes and activate his quirk on eri to disable it before she erases AFO. The reason he might need to transfer the forcible quirk activation is in case when his body is being reversed he loses the quirk when he goes back a certain length of time.
It's a possibility, but it'd be weird for him to go back to his prime when both himself and the story have been building up Shigaraki as his successor.
Old 2018-06-23, 10:38   Link #3630
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonroots View Post
possible, but hard for now, Eri's quirk is largely a mystery, it is questionable for even AFO to control it, much less forced activation, a mistake when using Eri quirk can lead to very disastrous consequences, the conditions you proposed demand both Eraser quirk and Eri's at perfect disposal.
Quote:
It's a possibility, but it'd be weird for him to go back to his prime when both himself and the story have been building up Shigaraki as his successor.
I sincerely doubt Shiragaki is actually his successor. AFO, even wounded can live for quite long and is likely to last more if he have the necessary quirk, and while he can't heal what have closed already, there is no guarantee that a quirk capable of healing him won't appear in the future. Shiragaki might be his successor in name, but i hardly think AFO would ever give him the quirk that give AFO it's name.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 11:00   Link #3631
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
I sincerely doubt Shiragaki is actually his successor. AFO, even wounded can live for quite long and is likely to last more if he have the necessary quirk, and while he can't heal what have closed already, there is no guarantee that a quirk capable of healing him won't appear in the future. Shiragaki might be his successor in name, but i hardly think AFO would ever give him the quirk that give AFO it's name.
When he confronted Best Jeanist, AFO said he wouldn't bother stealing his quirk because it wouldn't suit Shigaraki, so he does seem to be thinking about passing down his powers to him. At least that's how I interpreted the line.
Old 2018-06-23, 15:55   Link #3632
Twi

He does. He's not in his prime anymore, so even if he has a longevity quirk its only a matter of time.
Old 2018-06-23, 20:22   Link #3633
Ligerleon89

Despite what everyone thinks of Endeavor, he is "that guy" who is the current the Symbol of Peace right now, if he loses and everyone sees it, chaos will erupt as it has been said. I don't have to like the guy just yet, but the people of that city constantly wavers in their spirits, and those spirits can break when they see someone who is their hope and savior fall. Endeavor needs to pull off a win. Strangely fitting that his lost eye mirrors with his son's burn scar, and I wonder if that will play a role when he tries to do better by his family after the damage he had caused them. He may have the passion of a hero, but he's got plenty to work out with his own family, which I'm also keeping in mind, was also the result of him using his power and influence to pressure another family into one of their daughters marrying him for ambitions to have an offspring gifted with his abilities. He truly doesn't deserve them, but he's not irredeemable. It will take days, months, or even years to regain the trust of his family, although some of his family doesn't seem to hate him. Anyway....

Last edited by Ligerleon89; 2018-06-23 at 21:04.
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 09:31   Link #3634
dragon1412

Quote:
When he confronted Best Jeanist, AFO said he wouldn't bother stealing his quirk because it wouldn't suit Shigaraki, so he does seem to be thinking about passing down his powers to him. At least that's how I interpreted the line.
I interpreted the line more differently, i think he was talking about taking and passing that specific quirk to Shiragaki since AFO's ability include passing quirks that it had stole
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 03:09   Link #3635
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

See? I told you guys.
A truly badass character would ignore the wound and stomp harder the bad guy.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 03:15   Link #3636
Ultragunner

Damn, that image where Endeavour was still trying to reach All Might while the rest were just standing and cheering "It's impossible you know"

Endeavour refused to give up, but that stubbornness resulted in such despair that lead to his family circumstances.

Well, at least Endeavour really does have some hardcore fans
Old 2018-06-29, 03:30   Link #3637
Random14

Interesting way of putting Endeavor's motivations. It doesn't excuse his family life, but nice to see Hawks acknowledge that Endeavor at least tried to surpass All Might compared to everyone else. All Might is a wonderful person but even he can only do so much (as the anime has just reached that point).

Cool to see him keep getting up, as well as that fan from earlier. I hope this is enough to finish off that noumu, though it doesn't bode well for the future. Looks like Endeavor will survive, but who knows what shape he'll be in. Still he looks strong to keep going like that.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 03:36   Link #3638
marvelB

Yeah, that was a nice touch to see that kid from before cheering on Endeavor. But man, that Noumu's got some crazy strength..... he's already destroyed a good chunk of the city during this fight. Just imagine how much damage would be caused if more creatures of that level were to suddenly appear now.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 04:23   Link #3639
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Everyone expecting Hawks to be a secret bad guy and instead he sacrifices himself to help Endeavor. Damn, man...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 06:42   Link #3640
Sixth
Hu Tao

So I guess Fire-based quirk is just boring and limited in the end. Even the author can't find a way to make the fire-based quirk interesting like what he did with Hawkman's quirk.

I am glad that there are at least few people in the world are genuinely an Endeavor's fan.

Overall, it is a great chapter. Too bad that there is no chapter next week. Hope that the author will not troll us by making Phoenix-Endeavor failed to win in the next chapter.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot