AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-01, 08:29   Link #1
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Junjou Romantica

While this series has not yet been licensed we have received a C&D from Kadokawa Pictures USA, we therefore won't be listing fansubs of this series here on AnimeSuki anymore.

Please note that Kadokawa are acting on the behalf of the Japanese IP owners, Kadokawa Pictures USA themselves do not license such series but act as a master licensor, a middle-man who sells on the license to (typically) American anime companies. End of edit by Mod (xris)

Official site : http://suzukisan.info/index2.html

Quote:
Junjou Romantica: Misaki is suddenly having some unexpected and odd problems. What started as a need for some college entrance exam tutoring has somehow led him to being romanced by a suave older man who also happens to be his big brother’s best friend. Confused by all of his brand new emotions, Misaki struggles to deal with his suddenly very odd life. And if that wasn’t enough, his suitor, Usami, has plenty of issues of his own. A man-child who decorates his room in giant teddy bears and toys, Usami is a famous novelist who also writes steamy boys’ love novels on the side. When Misaki cracks open one of these books and reads sentences like “Usami licks every inch of Misaki’s hot body”…well, let’s just say that all hell breaks loose.

Junjou Egoist: Hiroki is a broken man, consumed by unrequited love for his childhood friend, Akihiko Usami (the writer from Junjou Romantica). Along comes Nowaki, whose name means "typhoon", an orphan working his way through life since middle school. Like the typhoon he is named for, he whirls into Hiroki's life and heart, blowing all resistance away before him.

Junjou Terrorist: As fate would have it, Miyagi (whom Hiroki is working with as assistant professor) and Shinobu, a student from his school, cross paths. Bits of pieces start to link together from the first two stories. That aside, Miyagi, who has a sad hidden past in himself involving a relationship with his teacher, is faced with Shinobu, who just says whatever is on his mind. The wheel of destiny is beginning to turn once again...
This series will follow three separate pairings, who are entwined with one another in some ways. Junjou is a big name in the BL world, hence, the high expectations and attention it receives from both English and Japanese fandom. I personally love Junjou Egoist more than the main story.

Junjou Romantica is a Boys Love/Yaoi show. It will be running for a length of 26 episodes. The manga had 18+/hardcore material, but it'll definitely be downplayed for more focus/humor on the cast.

Last edited by xris; 2008-06-11 at 09:10. Reason: Kadokawa update
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 21:55   Link #2
desi09
Sono un cattivo perdente.

When will it air? (if it hasn't already...)
desi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 23:09   Link #3
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

First episode airs sometime on Thursday IIRC.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 05:12   Link #4
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Sakurai back on a yaoi show, it has been a while.....
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 12:58   Link #5
eipu

Has anyone watched the first episode already?
eipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 16:30   Link #6
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s204hrSYhk
ED: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqwt_tUzlzs
Old 2008-04-10, 17:05   Link #7
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Just saw ep. 1. It's an almost frame-for-frame adaptation of the manga, and while it's not *quite* as explicit, it comes a good deal closer than I was expecting.

Looking forward to Egoist the most.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 17:22   Link #8
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Looking forward to Egoist the most.
Yeah, from what I've seen, Nowaki/Hiro seems to be the most popular pair.

Bring on Egoist!
Old 2008-04-10, 17:28   Link #9
musouka

Much, much better than I expected it to be, considering I was pretty bleeeeh on the manga. A BL show I'll actually follow? No way!
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 17:32   Link #10
Pokkon
Yare, Akuro~!

Can't wait to watch this, I liked the manga~ I'm mostly looking forward to Egoist and Terrorist though, I'm not really a fan of the main couple.
Pokkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 17:33   Link #11
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Much, much better than I expected it to be, considering I was pretty bleeeeh on the manga. A BL show I'll actually follow? No way!
I know I can't believe it. I dropped Gakuen Heaven, Sukisyo and Gravi like a stinkin bomb, but this oozes potential. Who knows, maybe I'll be grabbing tissues if this follows veeeery closely with the manga, especially the Egoist pair.
Old 2008-04-10, 19:25   Link #12
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

The art quality is... nice really nice. The characters really end up looking better than they originally were. And I'll join the Egoist hype too. It is much less one dimensional than the other two arcs.
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 23:34   Link #13
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
while it's not *quite* as explicit, it comes a good deal closer than I was expecting.
I wonder if the DVDs will be uncensored. That was a pretty hilarious all-encompasing black fade on certain parts of the screen.

Yeah, like I said, more enjoyable than I expected, mostly due to the direction. The only issue was the pacing felt a little fast--but even wth that, the scene in the snow was really nicely done...
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 00:28   Link #14
azsia
azsia

Smile hello

ware did you see the first episode? please i'd really like to know >_<
azsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 10:24   Link #15
Tworble

Its on all he major streaming sites now. I don't think we can post links here.

Edit: It's pretty intense from the get go, jeeez, I wasn't exspecting that.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 23:55   Link #16
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Summary for Ep 1

Spoiler:

I'm sorry, I'm a summary fanatic.

Faithful adaptation? Check like wow. It practically followed every manga panel. :P Animation was bleh average, what do you expect from Studio Deen? It was dialogue-heavy as expected, and overall, I give it a B+, not bad at all for a BL anime.

Last edited by cheesie; 2008-04-12 at 02:00.
Old 2008-04-12, 07:58   Link #17
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
so long that i have never watch yaoi anime
but i heard that this series the famous one
so i will try to watch it ^_^
Old 2008-04-12, 09:10   Link #18
Pokkon
Yare, Akuro~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Faithful adaptation? Check like wow. It practically followed every manga panel. :P Animation was bleh average, what do you expect from Studio Deen? It was dialogue-heavy as expected, and overall, I give it a B+, not bad at all for a BL anime.
I agree, I thought the animation could have been a little better sometimes, but it was, overall, a good episode. And yep, this is a lot better than many other BL anime I've seen - it could have been much worse.
Pokkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 23:00   Link #19
Tworble

Spoiler for jjr:
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 23:11   Link #20
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tworble View Post
Spoiler for jjr: