Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-01, 23:16   Link #1781
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
PC: Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism again... still lose too many lives on stage 3 normal, still can't pass stage 4 without a game over. =(

I have a feeling that my tiny netbook screen is causing me problems, especially since I can't play for more than an hour or two before my eyes start to water and burn. =|
Old 2010-01-02, 00:59   Link #1782
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I'm playing a mod for Civilization IV BTS, History of the Three Kingdoms. It is, IMO, one of the most polished mods about the three kingdoms anywhere out there. I just finished an epic campaign in the huge map as Liu Bei, crushing all traitors to the Han cause and not-so-traitors who refused to let me annex them anyway (i.e. everyone XD). Pushed my computer to the limit and ran slow as hell, but what the hell, it was worth it.

Am now going to play Sun Ce and attempts what he would have tried in real life had he lived, a ruthless, head-on strike for Xuchang and the Emperor once I've secured the Eastern regions (and squashed Liu Biao). Then fight Yuan Shao in Cao Cao's place, or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
Neverwinter nights 2: Mysteries of westgate
Is it any good? I was thoroughly pissed with SoZ and all it represents, an empty shell of a toolset, while highly impressed with MotB (though not so much with the ending *see spoiler*). How does this one compare to the two main expansions or the original OC?

Spoiler for Mask of the Betrayer, last chapter/ending:

Last edited by Irenicus; 2010-01-02 at 01:18.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 04:03   Link #1783
pigoz
YUKI.N>

Send a message via MSN to pigoz
I'm playing Heroes of Newerth these days. It's pretty fun and multiplatform so I don't have to reboot to play.
pigoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 04:14   Link #1784
McMilk
*Artist

PS3: Final Fantasy XIII, Assassin's Creed 2, Ninja Gaiden Σ 2
Old 2010-01-02, 11:53   Link #1785
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Is it any good? I was thoroughly pissed with SoZ and all it represents, an empty shell of a toolset, while highly impressed with MotB (though not so much with the ending *see spoiler*). How does this one compare to the two main expansions or the original OC?

But...the fact that I was so invested in the cause speaks highly of how much I was immersed with MotB's focus on story and character, which was superior to the OC, and infinitely superior to that shitty excuse of a story SoZ has.[/spoiler]
Yeah Mysteries of westgate is pretty good and yeah SoZ sucked.
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 15:05   Link #1786
Chase

360: Bayonetta

Just got it a couple hours ago. The game is badass, best action game ive played in a long time.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 12:08   Link #1787
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Picked up Darksiders in the mail this morning, yay!
Will probably order Bayonetta some days later.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 14:46   Link #1788
TrueCaptain

Currently I have been playing a lot of the XboX360 because it's the only modern day system that I care to own, so Smackdown vs Raw 2010, NBA2K10 and Lego Batman have been my most recent games of choice, but I did fire up Faxanadu and Swords & Serpents for the NES recently as well. I'm a retro gamer mostly, I love the classics and I feel the newer generation of video games could never touch the fun and excitement I get from video games of the past....

I guess I'm a rare breed.
TrueCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 05:14   Link #1789
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueCaptain View Post
Currently I have been playing a lot of the XboX360 because it's the only modern day system that I care to own, so Smackdown vs Raw 2010, NBA2K10 and Lego Batman have been my most recent games of choice, but I did fire up Faxanadu and Swords & Serpents for the NES recently as well. I'm a retro gamer mostly, I love the classics and I feel the newer generation of video games could never touch the fun and excitement I get from video games of the past....

I guess I'm a rare breed.
Well, if you want to have more fun with modern games, don't look to Smackdown and NBA2K and Lego Batman! Sheesh. You compare crappy low-brow sports games to fantasy RPGs of olde and sure you might very well find more entertainment in your NES. If you had a PS3 you could be playing Demon's Souls. If I had a 360 I might try Bayonetta (even though I'm not really an action gamer...).
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 10:45   Link #1790
Woopzilla
Desensitized

I'm currently playing Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield and making tons of mission plans for the AI to follow in Terrorist Hunts.

There's something fun about flying around in spectator mode and watching your team kick ass. I love waiting in rooms and giving the go-code for your team to blast the doors of their hinges and then watch how they gun everyone down as they storm in.

I really hope they turn the series around from what it is now and give us an game like R6:RS again.
Old 2010-01-07, 13:44   Link #1791
TrueCaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Well, if you want to have more fun with modern games, don't look to Smackdown and NBA2K and Lego Batman! Sheesh. You compare crappy low-brow sports games to fantasy RPGs of olde and sure you might very well find more entertainment in your NES. If you had a PS3 you could be playing Demon's Souls. If I had a 360 I might try Bayonetta (even though I'm not really an action gamer...).
Well the feeling of not enjoying modern games compared to the classics isn't a new feeling, it hit around the time the PS2, GCN and XB came out, the whole new decade and generation of games just didn't have that certain fun feeling anymore and the developers seem so locked on adding in amazing graphics and tons of content that they forget to make the game fun in the process. The only games I get any satisfaction in playing are sports games and lighthearted games like Lego Batman and Lego Star Wars, I couldn't get into the complex shooting games that are out these days and the crazy action simulators that pop up every couple of months.

I guess I'm just a vintage gamer at heart, no problem with that though as there are tons of vintage games out there for me to play!
TrueCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 14:00   Link #1792
ZeroForever

PSP - Prinny Hero... it's kinda like mega man games fun but fustratingly hard at times.
Old 2010-01-07, 18:34   Link #1793
Statonxyb
hrm

Way of the Samurai 3

Soon:

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Devil May Cry 4
Mercenaries 2
Old 2010-01-07, 21:48   Link #1794
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

PS3- Blazblue, Tekken 6, Valkyria Chronicles.

DS - Chrono Trigger, TWEWY (beat em both but both so good)
Old 2010-01-08, 17:12   Link #1795
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

For nostalgia , i play WC3 TD missed me ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 17:11   Link #1796
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
PS3:

Uncharted .. in the Bunker.
Spoiler for scary level / enemies:
I really need company or I won't be able to finish that level without a heart attack. Pulse is over 9000 ._. I'm really not good with stuff like that >_< I would really like to play all the horror games, but I'm not able to alone xD *scaredy cat* Horror movies are no problem, but games get me with the slightest fright

Motor Storm: Pacific Rift
Banging against a wall hasn't been as pretty before. The load times get on my nerves sometimes, though.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 19:09   Link #1797
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Trying to complete all the spec ops on veteran in Modern Warfare 2. Need to find a competent teammate who won't accidentally kill me just as we're about to finish the Big Brother level.

Also trying to get the platinum trophy for Blazblue, finally managed to beat Score Attack today (yeah I know, I'm bad).

Would like to be playing Demon's Souls but every store around here seems to be out of it, guess I will have to order it online.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 20:55   Link #1798
mokoufanatic
the immortal fire

Now playing Demon's Souls one of the hardest games i have ever played and thats saying something
warning not for the short of patient and the sore of dying
other titles include Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World and Wet
mokoufanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 01:54   Link #1799
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
PS3:

Uncharted .. in the Bunker.
Spoiler for scary level / enemies:
I really need company or I won't be able to finish that level without a heart attack. Pulse is over 9000 ._. I'm really not good with stuff like that >_< I would really like to play all the horror games, but I'm not able to alone xD *scaredy cat* Horror movies are no problem, but games get me with the slightest fright
Aw, I actually loved that part.

Spoiler:

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 02:38   Link #1800
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Back to playing Wipeout HD and a bit of Flower since my computer pretty much blew up. PSU went *zaaaaap* and proceeded with a small fireworks display... so no more Raven Shield or Fallout 3 for me.

I can only hope my HDD's are safe, but I'll find out next week when I get a new comp