AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-09-23, 14:14   Link #1
wao
OK.

Some random character designs

Hm, usually I wouldn't post any artwork because I don't have any... Not that this really coutns as one, but I have this project thingy and I drew some rough character sketches to try out.. er.. stuff, and it came out better than I expected - of course it's not perfect, and it's just rough character sketches so I'm not even asking for C & C, but I just felt like posting it for the hell of it. (Oh, you know I so wanted to post it because I wrote Mansairaku > you and Fakir > you on it.)

I drew it on paper and scanned it in. Upped the blackness a bit by fiddling with Levels, other than that I haven't edited it (weell, except for the obvious parts) I just would like any random comments for the fun of it, see what you guys think...
As you can see once I come up with a character design I can't draw a side-view or any-other-view properly T_T Bah! Back to work... and yes, that "vice head" person is very sohrt though her skirt is really long and the main character person doesn't look like a girl and she's quite tall and skinny and that's supposed to be a weird uniform which honestly is just a ripoff Mansairaku's clothes...
Old 2004-09-23, 15:09   Link #2
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
I don't have much to say except that I like the sketches and that it looks well done. Good perspective and it looks natural.
Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 02:02   Link #3
mememe
hmmm baka

Send a message via MSN to mememe
good now i order u to do a web comic!...........................pleeeeeeeeeease
mememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 05:04   Link #4
wao
OK.

Thanks for the replies, guys. This is another sketch thingy I did in about 15 mins during maths since this sketch pad thing was here. It's not all that nice, it's a bit forced... (I just came up with the poses as I drew them so it's odd) and the hand took 5 minutes to do, it turned out crap anyway :\

I might colour the guy sitting down. For some reason I'm just intrigued by his face. And yeah, I drew both of them fat because well, I don't always draw normal people!
Old 2004-09-29, 06:22   Link #5
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
Thumbs up

heyy , i like your stylee; not to anime-ish and you try attaching more realism but still staying in the anime world. I like it alott, im trying to adapt to something like that but just with a little more scary/obsession theme. Nice workk

and the guy sitting down reminds me of rock lee frum Naruto but not in any criticizing way, goodgood
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 01:24   Link #6
mememe
hmmm baka

u do knees how I do knees
Old 2004-09-30, 03:44   Link #7
.gaara
i'm in love --- :O

i suggest you work on the foot and hands. in general the perspective of the body is great it's just that the foot and hand needs more work. even though it's sketch that most people would skip the so called "detail" but it would be better if you at least give a correct shape and form. it will help you a lot in future
.gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 09:49   Link #8
Asura
should i stay longer?

Send a message via MSN to Asura
Neat! on the 2nd one, the girl's face looks almost real.. nifty..

but yeah, like .gaara said, hands and feet...
Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 12:25   Link #9
wao
OK.

Hey, thanks for the replies. I have to say that I don't exactly have a style... just that recently I've been drawing that way. Next day I might be drawing chibi style. I have no idea what's up with me...

I really do need to work on hands and feet. I think I really do... except I never bother trying to do it for sketches otherwise I end up spending so much time on it I lose my, er, "feeling". Not that I have much feeling drawing.

Here's more casual doodles (warning, large file.) - seriously doodles, I was trying to do my maths homework and I just scribbled it out on this random A3 paper that was lyring around. Yeah, I know the geek's hands look odd, I purposely made it that way because he is supposed to look stupid. o.o and the big guy's weird suit is weird because I juts drew it on! Ah, whatever. I don't even know why I'm posting this up, but who cares. *yawns* Must practise... Macbeth...

EDIT: I also, for the hell of it, experimented colouring in the first sketch I posted here, because it had tur ned out fairly nicely and I like colouring things in. o.o Don't worry, someday... after the exams... I shall do a proper pic!
I also did a more decent outlining of the guy in the 2nd pic and decided to mess around with throwing in a bit of coloru, but then I resized the pic and had done more stuff, then I realised I hadn't saved even the nice outline but I didn't want to save it as a .psd so small, so the .psd has the bleh outline and this outline can only stay as a .jpg - except you can hardly see it the way I "coloured" it, heh. IN retrospect I don't even know why I chose such odd colours for his eyes. and why the coloruing is so weird. But it's interesting.
Old 2004-10-03, 21:30   Link #10
Asura
should i stay longer?

Send a message via MSN to Asura
worry not that you have no firm style, worry more that people know your stroke. anyone can copy a style, but not all can copy the same stroke.

for the casual doodle: eye shape differs with different perspective..
colour experiment: nice celly..
mess around: nice light and base cell work..
Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 21:52   Link #11
Denen Hiryu

Make it a little more scary and dark, maybe some rapeage and blood and what not and youd be a good BERSERK type drawer :naug hty:: naughty:
Denen Hiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 02:57   Link #12
mememe
hmmm baka

i like the girl with the freckels in the colour experiment
u do good clothes
Old 2004-10-30, 08:18   Link #13
wao
OK.

Wheedly doo. I still haven't gotten anything new. And I hope NoSanninWa doesn't come here because I still haven't done his avatar and yet I'm spending time doing silly things like this.

That picture is the product of a complete state of "o_o", to describe it in a nutshell. Utterly lethargic.

I had this random scan from some doodle on a worksheet lying somewhere, gave it some feeble outlines and tried out some cel-shading sort of thing with it. Only the shirt uses paths since I was lazy. The rest is either attempts at neatness or in the case of the arm, a swipe of the airbrush
Don't know how it went. What do you think? The proportion of the face is a bit off but still... it doesn't look too bad

The original sketch still looked better because I ultimately draw outlines on paper 1000x better than with a tablet (it's only partially teh tablet's fault)...

If you can't see it then sorry, Brinkster's moving servers from 11 pm EST on Saturday and it'll be down for roughly 12 hours. I don't know where else to upload. Ahhh, it's not like most people are going to see this anyway.
Old 2004-10-30, 17:52   Link #14
.gaara
i'm in love --- :O

the link has died....
.gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 21:19   Link #15
wao
OK.

Yeah, the downtime is still going on and such. >_< Got any ideas as to where to host it for the time being?
Old 2004-11-02, 07:57   Link #16
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
Yeay! Nice work. I like your style. It looks simplistic, but it's got good attention to detail. Hands and feet could use a little work, but I can't draw those well either. Your color jobs are cool, too.
Ashi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote