AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-13, 15:22   Link #481
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow Killua is awesome, he would make a great assassin. Nice job by GOn to make Netero use his right hand. Lol how Kurapika and Leorio fell right asleep.
Old 2011-11-13, 15:34   Link #482
TheKage

New anime didn't forget; Netero tells them that if they beat him in the game that he'll let them be Hunters.

Curious though. The two guys Killua meets don't affect the amount of participants in this episode as opposed to the manga. Ends the boiled egg exam with 42 participants, ends the flight with 42. In the manga, it's cut down to 40 during the flight.

Back to the 2 chapters an episode pace.
TheKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 15:37   Link #483
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They didn't.

That's because Killua wasn't going all out either. But if he did, he'd have to go for the kill, and he wasn't willing to do that.
You're right about hunter license, my mistake. Must have been staring at my plate at the time they've said it (I was eating breakfast while watching HxH) and I was too lazy to check it.

As for Killua not going all out, not exactly true. He wasn't aiming at vital points but he was using his maximum speed and strength nonetheless and he couldn't even touch Netero when he was fighting with him 1 vs. 1 (and that was at the time when Netero was using his 1 leg and arm only with minimal effort which Killua noticed). Even if he had knife he should know better that he would not stand a chance to him.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 17:02   Link #484
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Um, Hisoka killed a lot of dudes too. Just in a less brutal manner than Killua, but that's how it was in the manga as well. And even though we clearly see those guys' heads being ripped to shreds in those silhouettes, it still seemed as if there was little to no blood to me.

Anyway, that was probably the best episode so far. Loved the animation during Netero's little game with Gon and Killua.
I was talking about censoring his motivations. They made Hisoka fight in self-defense, but Killua gets away with attacking those guys simply from being in a bad mood.

And there was a little bit a of blood in the scene. It was black, but I'm not sure what else could have been splattered across the floor.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 22:14   Link #485
NJZanDatsu

Episode 7 was the best episode so far, and it did an amazing job following the manga. The animation was great, the BGM fit really well with the scenes. The part where Killua kills those two guys was done really well. Also..... Netero is beast...
NJZanDatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 00:52   Link #486
UnknownSoldier

I'm curious, does anyone have any idea of how long this remake is supposed to run? Will it just be a complete remake of the old series + OVA's?

I only ask because I can't see them doing anything past that without some heavy censoring or alteration of the story.
UnknownSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 10:51   Link #487
randius
Banned

didn't realize there was a new remake of HXH. is it really good? it's not like the old one sucked. What I need is the continuation. Maybe they will incorporate the OVAs into the main series.. and make them somewhat longer.
randius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 13:00   Link #488
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
I'm curious, does anyone have any idea of how long this remake is supposed to run? Will it just be a complete remake of the old series + OVA's?

I only ask because I can't see them doing anything past that without some heavy censoring or alteration of the story.
Well a reboot usually means that they're launching their own version of the anime(completely ignoring any other anime versions around,hence the reason why hair colors/character designs/plot are different and are presented from a different point of view).

So as long as their anime gets good ratings/sales they will keep animating until they reach the end of the manga

Take Fullmetal Alchemist for example,the rebooted version finished the anime(reached the real manga end).
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 14:01   Link #489
UnknownSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Well a reboot usually means that they're launching their own version of the anime(completely ignoring any other anime versions around,hence the reason why hair colors/character designs/plot are different and are presented from a different point of view).

So as long as their anime gets good ratings/sales they will keep animating until they reach the end of the manga

Take Fullmetal Alchemist for example,the rebooted version finished the anime(reached the real manga end).
I'm worried then, unless this gets changed to a different time slot. They can probably get away with censoring techniques like they're using now up until the end of the Greed Island arc (where the original anime + OVA's ended), but after that...
Old 2011-11-14, 14:13   Link #490
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJZanDatsu View Post
Episode 7 was the best episode so far, and it did an amazing job following the manga. The animation was great, the BGM fit really well with the scenes. The part where Killua kills those two guys was done really well. Also..... Netero is beast...
But the count at the end of the episode didn't change so those 2 are still alive.
Old 2011-11-14, 15:21   Link #491
TheKage

Quote:
I'm worried then, unless this gets changed to a different time slot. They can probably get away with censoring techniques like they're using now up until the end of the Greed Island arc (where the original anime + OVA's ended), but after that...
I'm hoping they keep Greed Island as it was in the OVAs but considering the timeslot it may be different. I always considered the GI ovas really well done though...

We'll see how it is. I'm trying to keep my opinion based only on the manga and the 2011 adaption so I'd rather focus on the current arc. Trick Tower coming up.
TheKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 11:39   Link #492
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But the count at the end of the episode didn't change so those 2 are still alive.
I think the manga also says the same thing at the end of the chapter, despite being clear they were killed. Anyone want to correct me on this?
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 11:45   Link #493
UnknownSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku View Post
I think the manga also says the same thing at the end of the chapter, despite being clear they were killed. Anyone want to correct me on this?
Manga says 42 after Menchi's exam. 40 at the start of the third.
Old 2011-11-16, 05:19   Link #494
spleenpoker

Damn no comparison yet? Love those! Was really looking forward to it!

Thanks!
spleenpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 09:04   Link #495
rinichan

maybe the guy making comparissons give up already. I really love his comments and comparison they are so detailed in my eyes....
anyway we are almost near at the Killua killing that tower guy thingy, I wonder how they will censor it...
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 10:50   Link #496
moncikoma

Is this going to be like fullmetalalchemist ?

Where the manga is going end ..just at the same time the anime remake end?
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 11:33   Link #497
UnknownSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
Is this going to be like fullmetalalchemist ?

Where the manga is going end ..just at the same time the anime remake end?
I don't see any end in sight for the manga right now. Moreover I'm not even sure I see them progressing the anime past what the original/OVA's went to.
Old 2011-11-16, 16:46   Link #498
spleenpoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post
maybe the guy making comparissons give up already. I really love his comments and comparison they are so detailed in my eyes....
anyway we are almost near at the Killua killing that tower guy thingy, I wonder how they will censor it...
I hope he didn't! I truly loved reading them. So very interesting to see the changes.
spleenpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 20:41   Link #499
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Quote:
Manga says 42 after Menchi's exam. 40 at the start of the third.
The manga mentions it at the beginning of the third phase, but that hasn't started yet. Keep in mind that the Hunters Association still doesn't know that these two dudes are dead--the only person who currently knows about it is Killua. Give them time to address it next episode.

Anyways, comparison. I would have posted it earlier but I've been really busy with exams. Also, I never said I was a guy.

Spoiler for Episode 7 Comparison:
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 01:28   Link #500
NJZanDatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
The manga mentions it at the beginning of the third phase, but that hasn't started yet. Keep in mind that the Hunters Association still doesn't know that these two dudes are dead--the only person who currently knows about it is Killua. Give them time to address it next episode.

Anyways, comparison. I would have posted it earlier but I've been really busy with exams. Also, I never said I was a guy.

Spoiler for Episode 7 Comparison:
Thanks! for posting your comparisons
NJZanDatsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen