AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2012-02-08, 02:32   Link #1741
Charsiupao

Hi all!

I just bought a handful of K-On! Audio CDs today, and I've almost got all the songs I like, but am short of three. Does anyone know which CDs I can find the following songs in?

The first is the guitar duet version of Fude Pen Boru Pen which Yui and Azusa sang for the little concert in K-On!! for Yui's elderly neighbour.

The second is the version of Fuwa Fuwa Time which Mio leads, rather than Yui. I personally love this version because, ironically, of Yui's voice. She squeals the last "Nechaooo" just so wonderfully, while in Yui's version it's Mio who shouts the last "Nechao" and it's just not the same! It's not the TV version where Yui has the sore throat, but the full studio version in which Yui sings normally, but as backup to Mio. There's also a version of Fude Pen Boru Pen which Mio leads rather than Yui. The version I have on the Hokago Teatime CD has Yui leading both Fude Pen and Fuwa Fuwa Time, and I'm looking for the exact normal version which Mio leads.

Thanks for any help!
Charsiupao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 03:03   Link #1742
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charsiupao View Post
Hi all!

I just bought a handful of K-On! Audio CDs today, and I've almost got all the songs I like, but am short of three. Does anyone know which CDs I can find the following songs in?

The first is the guitar duet version of Fude Pen Boru Pen which Yui and Azusa sang for the little concert in K-On!! for Yui's elderly neighbour.

The second is the version of Fuwa Fuwa Time which Mio leads, rather than Yui. I personally love this version because, ironically, of Yui's voice. She squeals the last "Nechaooo" just so wonderfully, while in Yui's version it's Mio who shouts the last "Nechao" and it's just not the same! It's not the TV version where Yui has the sore throat, but the full studio version in which Yui sings normally, but as backup to Mio. There's also a version of Fude Pen Boru Pen which Mio leads rather than Yui. The version I have on the Hokago Teatime CD has Yui leading both Fude Pen and Fuwa Fuwa Time, and I'm looking for the exact normal version which Mio leads.

Thanks for any help!

The first one is on a limited CD, came with the Blu-ray (forgot which volume). It's a rare thing for sure.

For Mio's Fuwa-Fuwa Time.... It's on the "Fuwa-Fuwa Time" single (4 members version, without Azusa)
and Fude Pen.... isn't it included in the 1st Houkago Tea Time album? it's on the "live mix" CD, not the "studio mix" one. Although for Fude Pen, The vocals are changing alternately between Mio and Yui.

I think other members who collects all of the CDs could give you a complete insight on this
Old 2012-02-08, 03:17   Link #1743
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Hi all!

Was this one ever released at all? I'm pretty sure it's not on any of the HTT albums, nor was it released as separate single. And I don't think it's on one of the band score albums, either, though I haven't heard them all, so I could be wrong about that.

Never mind, this was answered before I posted.

Quote:
The second is the version of Fuwa Fuwa Time which Mio leads, rather than Yui. I personally love this version because, ironically, of Yui's voice. She squeals the last "Nechaooo" just so wonderfully, while in Yui's version it's Mio who shouts the last "Nechao" and it's just not the same! It's not the TV version where Yui has the sore throat, but the full studio version in which Yui sings normally, but as backup to Mio.
Only the Fuwa Fuwa Time single has Mio on main vocals and Yui on clean backup. I'm not aware of any other version being out there that has Mio leading.

Quote:
There's also a version of Fude Pen Boru Pen which Mio leads rather than Yui. The version I have on the Hokago Teatime CD has Yui leading both Fude Pen and Fuwa Fuwa Time, and I'm looking for the exact normal version which Mio leads.
This can be found on the first HTT album, though only the Live Mix has it, as the Studio Mix is Yui and Mio switching roles at each verse (and Yui still being the main lead).
Old 2012-02-08, 03:39   Link #1744
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
This one is actually track 19 on K-ON!! ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK Vol.2.
Old 2012-02-08, 06:21   Link #1745
Charsiupao

Thanks for the help, everyone! Yup - track 3 on the Live Disc HTT CD is the one I was looking for - for some reason I thought it was a studio recording because it sounded so clear! That leaves me with 2 CDs to buy then!

K-On! has so much great music it's so confusing as to which CDs to get to be able to have all of it!!
Old 2012-02-08, 06:27   Link #1746
Charsiupao

Actually, another thing!

One of the CDs I just got is the HO-KAGO TEA TIME Second, mainly because I just HAD to have "Side dish is also a meal", "U&I" and "Tenshi ni fureta yo!". Do any of the other songs in the studio mix CD appear in the anime, and if so in which parts? My 6-year old is a K-On! fan too, but he'd love the songs much more if he saw Yui and Co belting it out on the screen first before hearing it in the car stereo.

For the moment we just keep playing tracks 5, 8 and 9!
Old 2012-02-08, 06:45   Link #1747
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Actually, another thing!

One of the CDs I just got is the HO-KAGO TEA TIME Second, mainly because I just HAD to have "Side dish is also a meal", "U&I" and "Tenshi ni fureta yo!". Do any of the other songs in the studio mix CD appear in the anime, and if so in which parts? My 6-year old is a K-On! fan too, but he'd love the songs much more if he saw Yui and Co belting it out on the screen first before hearing it in the car stereo.

For the moment we just keep playing tracks 5, 8 and 9!
Hmm, afraid not. All the other ones are only mentioned in passing, aside from the HTT song.
Ichigo parfait was only seen on the track list for the freshman concert in S2, Ep1...
Honey Sweet Tea Time (composition and lyrics) was only talked about near the end of S2, Ep3...
Samidare 20 Love wasn't seen at all (I think, but HTT do perform this song in the movie).
Tokimeki Sugar's lyrics were read briefly in S2, Ep7.
Fuyu no Hi (lyrics) were briefly seen in S1, Ep13.

EDIT: Pure Pure Heart is played in S2, Ep7.

I assume you and your son are going to be watching the K-On movie, whenever that arrives outside of Japan?
Old 2012-02-08, 07:10   Link #1748
Charsiupao

Definitely! We'll try to catch it in the cinema even if the wife disapproves! One of my biggest regrets was not watching Evangelion 2.22 on the big screen when it aired in Malaysia, so I hope I wont make the same mistake twice!
Old 2012-02-08, 07:40   Link #1749
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
This can be found on the first HTT album, though only the Live Mix has it, as the Studio Mix is Yui and Mio switching roles at each verse (and Yui still being the main lead).
Actually, the "switching roles at each verse" happens in Hotchkiss. It's only on the HTT2 cassette mix that they do it for Fudepen as well.
Old 2012-02-08, 11:38   Link #1750
Charsiupao

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Hmm, afraid not. All the other ones are only mentioned in passing, aside from the HTT song.
Come to think of it, the HTT song itself sounds really really familiar. Is that the song they play at the beginning of some episodes during the narration or advert or something?

Is this the Fuwa Fuwa Time single with Mio leading? There's only one vocal version in the track list, so is that the one I'm looking for? Or is this Yui's version and there is another version which has the Yui and Mio versions?

http://www.yesasia.com/global/tv-ani...0-en/info.html

Thanks!

Last edited by Charsiupao; 2012-02-08 at 11:59.
Old 2012-02-08, 12:20   Link #1751
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Actually, the "switching roles at each verse" happens in Hotchkiss. It's only on the HTT2 cassette mix that they do it for Fudepen as well.
I guess I need to update myself on HTT's music again, then. Haven't listened to them in quite some time and I guess my memory got hazy. Thanks anyway.

Quote:
Is this the Fuwa Fuwa Time single with Mio leading? There's only one vocal version in the track list, so is that the one I'm looking for? Or is this Yui's version and there is another version which has the Yui and Mio versions?

http://www.yesasia.com/global/tv-ani...0-en/info.html

Thanks!
Yeah, that's the one you're looking for.
Old 2012-02-08, 12:44   Link #1752
Goggen

Quote:
Come to think of it, the HTT song itself sounds really really familiar. Is that the song they play at the beginning of some episodes during the narration or advert or something?
Nope. Not in the anime at all.
Old 2012-03-20, 10:02   Link #1753
netvope
SOS-Dan

Does anyone know a place where you can find the full list of all K-On CDs ever released?

In particular, I want to know if there are any not-for-sale CDs other than the Watashi no Koi wa Hotchkiss Yui humming version (わたしの恋はホッチキス はなうた/唯)
Old 2012-03-20, 10:39   Link #1754
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by netvope View Post
In particular, I want to know if there are any not-for-sale CDs other than the Watashi no Koi wa Hotchkiss Yui humming version (わたしの恋はホッチキス はなうた/唯)
Yes, there's the Fuwa Fuwa Time - Chorus Husky Yui version. Other than those two, I think the official site lists them all.
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 16:53   Link #1755
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

In your opinion what are some bands that sound like Houkago Tea Time, instrumentally or lyrically. It can be from all eras of music? Maybe not anything before the 60's. In My opinion they mainly sound like a 60-70's Pop Rock band with a hint of 80's rock, with 60 type lyrics and that hard rock 70's sound, especially with that organ. Death Devil obviously sounds like an 80's metal band, or 70's hard rock (e.g. Van Halen's 'Hot for Teacher'), So do you guys know any bands that have a similar sound to Houkago Tea Time, modern or not?

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2012-03-21 at 17:07.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 17:01   Link #1756
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What is funny is that Sawako isn't that old. She likely started High School in maybe 2000. She's only about ten years older than the girls at the start.
Old 2012-03-21, 17:06   Link #1757
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

what?! your right shes like 25-26 years old based off the K-ON! BD Season 1 character cards, thats staring from April 2007 when the girls started high school in the Manga. 0.o born probably 1982-1983
Old 2012-03-21, 17:20   Link #1758
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

From what I recall, certain styles of music hit big with local performers later in Japan than they do in the West. While the Westerners music gets popular, they are kept as their music (the Beatles come and it is a sensation, but there are that many Japanese Rock Bands of note right after that) But give them a delay of five to ten years...when the Foreigners have since moved on, then the local bads can have either day to shine.

This is not always the case. As even in 1970s anime, you can hear the disco in it. It lasts that way into the 80s when it had pretty much died in the West. Then of course came Macross.

While you get sounds of the time (from the West) in anime in or around that time, you don't usually get Japanese singing groups of that style until a little later.

Sawako would have grown up in the late 80s and 90s. She likely graduated in 2001. This also means she would have been in the main target group for a show of that era....say, Sailor Moon. It didn't seem to effect her (or did it? She does like dressing the girls up...though never in magical girl style). She was probably too busy doing whatever she did before she joined the Light Music Club (she might have been in other music clubs or classes before that...she just got wilder over time)
Old 2012-03-21, 17:26   Link #1759
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
From what I recall, certain styles of music hit big with local performers later in Japan than they do in the West. While the Westerners music gets popular, they are kept as their music (the Beatles come and it is a sensation, but there are that many Japanese Rock Bands of note right after that) But give them a delay of five to ten years...when the Foreigners have since moved on, then the local bads can have either day to shine.

This is not always the case. As even in 1970s anime, you can hear the disco in it. It lasts that way into the 80s when it had pretty much died in the West. Then of course came Macross.

While you get sounds of the time (from the West) in anime in or around that time, you don't usually get Japanese singing groups of that style until a little later.

Sawako would have grown up in the late 80s and 90s. She likely graduated in 2001. This also means she would have been in the main target group for a show of that era....say, Sailor Moon. It didn't seem to effect her (or did it? She does like dressing the girls up...though never in magical girl style). She was probably too busy doing whatever she did before she joined the Light Music Club (she might have been in other music clubs or classes before that...she just got wilder over time)
she did play the 12 string guitar, and owned an awesome Gibson SG. Which she switched to The Gibson Flying V, made popular by Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2012-03-21 at 21:28.
Old 2012-03-21, 17:27   Link #1760
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maybe she's been watching too many The Who concerts.