AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Old 2004-05-02, 20:32   Link #261
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I don't know your taste, so the only way to find out is to just watch it, besides you've already downloaded it, don't waste your bandwidth . This anime is a bit fanservicey. Every (major) character isn't what they seem to be. They all seem to have a (darker) double side to them. Apparently, this anime is filled with symbolism. As a result, I have no idea what the hell is going on or what this is about. Is it about aliens? Is it about human nature? Is it about animals and extinction? Is it about a bunch of teenage guys and girls screwing around? I don't know...nevertheless I'll keep watching. But with only 12 episodes (this is confirmed right?), I don't know how they'll make sense of this.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 22:15   Link #262
mah_damey

man.. i dunno. this series sickens me. theres WAY too many lovey-dovey scenes that pop outta the blue and there isnt really even a hint of a plot yet.
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 17:24   Link #263
gareth_wood

cast kicking the bucket

well my bets for people getting killed are mari or that jennifer , if the plot doesn't get turned inside out from what it appears to be anyway, hikari is likely to kill anyone who could cause her problems
gareth_wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 17:55   Link #264
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
Mari should be first to go, her jealousy is bound to get in the way.

She might find out that Hikari is evil, try to warn someone, and Hikari does away with her. That would be kinda cool actually. I never see that happen in enough TV shows anymore.

Possible Jennifer Death:
Spoiler:
AkihaTohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 01:40   Link #265
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

you know, the only reason i'm watching konomini is because of the fact it's by Gainax and the mahoromatic style... it's only a descent anime

I did realize, however that this anime had something that sets it apart from most other animes... THE HOMOSEXUALLY INDUCED GAY BUDDY OF THE MALE LEAD ACTUALLY... GETS A GIRL!!!!

this has never happened before...
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 08:46   Link #266
Innotech

I have a feeling Gainax is going to pleasantly surprise a good many of us in the latter half of htis series.
Innotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 08:50   Link #267
marin

Just like they did with Mahoromatic? Wait...
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 09:01   Link #268
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

jennifer probably won't die...remember the teacher from Mahoromatic?
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 09:04   Link #269
Innotech

I still havent completed the first season of Mahoromatic so please dont spoil anything
I have to buy what I watch so it iwll take time.
Innotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 10:55   Link #270
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
you know, the only reason i'm watching konomini is because of the fact it's by Gainax and the mahoromatic style... it's only a descent anime

I did realize, however that this anime had something that sets it apart from most other animes... THE HOMOSEXUALLY INDUCED GAY BUDDY OF THE MALE LEAD ACTUALLY... GETS A GIRL!!!!

this has never happened before...

what the hell r u talking about no one is gay
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 11:00   Link #271
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Well I think it is realy cute the ecchi scenes aren't that bad I mean it isn't as bad as mahoromatic. Like the scenes canbe understandable its not pointless all the time. I really wonder where teh plot is going too. But I love the characer design sooo
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 14:22   Link #272
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

About the ecchi scenes, i my perspective...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-04, 17:04   Link #273
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Man I think I may be my limit for watching this series, after all these craptastic episodes only two parts have been interesting, the end of episode one and the part in the school with hikari this last episode. Other then that the rest has been quite boring. However I have a feeling this series is gonna pull a Peacemaker on me (meaning the first half is boring and doesn't go anywhere while the second half starts moving and kicks ass).

Anyways I guess the only thing that would really make me happy in this series is if Hikari started killing everyone. That would make me very happy.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 17:14   Link #274
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

this sounds like a thing the anime kanon did (NOTHING really happens in the few episodes and then some amazing plot just kicked in same with kiddy grade...9 episodes of happy go lucky stuff then a serious plot just kicks in )

watching these 5 episodes:

NOTHING is acually happening....they introduced VERY SLOW for 12 episodes....but seeing hikari has a "other side" seems to get interesting..next episode should have a " monster"
and that little "devil form" should be back and running(that form doesnt even look like its important -_- he did it once and then it was forgotten..like it never happened..) should be important soon...mabye to kill another monster? then its forgotten again?

these 5 episodes are practicly just giving us fanservice and showing us cute and happy times...but since the next episode is HALF way and NOTHING acually happened....the ACUAL plot might not even last long....

well then...i have these eps in my comp...but i donno if i should burn it yet....or even keep them at that matter...but i cant decide yet so i guess ill leave it in...

*pokes gainax in the eye*
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 18:13   Link #275
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

I'm hoping that they're using the first 6 for development, and the final 6 for major plot.

The next episode might have a real plot piece to it since there's another monster, and we only saw 30 seconds of footage... so, *prays*
and I found Hikari's evil side amusing this episode, and it sort of gave a chill at the end.
Old 2004-05-04, 18:37   Link #276
CorneredAngel

Send a message via AIM to CorneredAngel
More deep thinking?

So, just got through Episode 5.

More or less as predicted, whether or not a "plot" will kick in, things are beginning to happen. And looks like the basic conflict is going to end up being within Hikari - whether or not she can accept that "life", even though illogical and inherently fragile, is worth the while, and that everything comes to an end at some point does not mean that things should be destroyed immediately. Which, of course, is the same question Mahoro faces (and decides that being alive *is* better - but the price she pays for the answer makes everything so very ironic). In fact, it's looking like a pretty complex scheme: Hikari's initial disappointment with school-life is cancelled by the understanding that life doesn't always get to be shining and full of color, but sometimes, it is - but then, is *that* cancelled by Takeru's comment in the first episode to the effect that no matter how a few individual people may be, the world in general is so flawed that no person really deserves to be happy.

And now once I think about it, this very question - can people justify being happy, and more so, do people *deserve* to be happy - is also at the heart of Wings of Honneamise, and I would argue, at the heart of Evangelion, with the two endings being arguments for either answer.

---

All of this, of course, still leaves the question of just how the hell to explain the fluff parts of the series. I don't think I need to go too much into explaining away the fanservice (both ways); as far as the rest of it, though, one thing I can think of is that, well, *to* understand what life is and what "living" consists of, and to be able to make a choice that has actual meaning, Hikari needs to experience simple everyday things that don't really mean much, but define...everything. Because, well, life is mostly composed of simple everyday - fairly silly - things.

===

OP/ED single came out on 4/28. I'll see if I can pick it up at Anime Central next week; in the meanwhile,

OP - Metamorphose

ED - Natsu-iro no Kakera
CorneredAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 22:18   Link #277
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneredAngel
So, just got through Episode 5.

More or less as predicted, whether or not a "plot" will kick in, things are beginning to happen. And looks like the basic conflict is going to end up being within Hikari - whether or not she can accept that "life", even though illogical and inherently fragile, is worth the while, and that everything comes to an end at some point does not mean that things should be destroyed immediately. Which, of course, is the same question Mahoro faces (and decides that being alive *is* better - but the price she pays for the answer makes everything so very ironic). In fact, it's looking like a pretty complex scheme: Hikari's initial disappointment with school-life is cancelled by the understanding that life doesn't always get to be shining and full of color, but sometimes, it is - but then, is *that* cancelled by Takeru's comment in the first episode to the effect that no matter how a few individual people may be, the world in general is so flawed that no person really deserves to be happy.

And now once I think about it, this very question - can people justify being happy, and more so, do people *deserve* to be happy - is also at the heart of Wings of Honneamise, and I would argue, at the heart of Evangelion, with the two endings being arguments for either answer.
I think you hit the nail on the head. But in addition to deserving happiness, I think Hikari also was wondering if happiness even exists. She looked at school and saw people unhappy but going there everyday and then later realized that it wasn't happen all the time, but you could be happy overall. Kind of like living, you're not always going to be happy, but you live for the happy moments.

Yea, there is fluff in here and it doesn't seem to be a huge, significant plot yet, but... I'm really liking the series, the characters are cute, there's some good humor in it (mainly from Jennifer) and the two songs that bookend each episode are fantastic

BTW, nice pick-up line Takeru
"I'll show you things a lot more interesting than school, Hikari."
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 23:07   Link #278
brightman
Ancient Member

BTW, another seiyuu match with Mahoromatic... Aionios is voiced by Keiichi Noda, who did Slash in Mahoromatic. And likewise, Hikari is Aionios's "master" while Mahoro is Slash's "master"... Not to mention they both have the same personality...
Old 2004-05-05, 00:40   Link #279
mah_damey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
BTW, nice pick-up line Takeru
"I'll show you things a lot more interesting than school, Hikari."
hahah i bet they juss subbed it like that on purpose
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 05:38   Link #280
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneredAngel
Desire to be happy was the key point (or at least one of them) of NGE. This controls characters actions during the entire series, and I quess it controls most of our actions in real life too, maybe so that we don't even realize it.

Ep. 5 preview after ep. 4 didn't promise much, but ep. 5 turned to be actually quite good.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kensuke; 2004-05-07 at 00:29.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote