Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-11-20, 22:18   Link #621
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well they're all good looking guys so best to move on to who's available than causing problems within the team.
Hahahaha, you shameless match-maker !!
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 22:53   Link #622
Pablete
Banned

lol way to avoid pointless drama, orion.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 23:09   Link #623
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
Well, in my opinion, the way the romance between Sailor and Shitenou was developed in Crystal is terrible. The whole situation was extremly forced.
I know. But if you are going to read the manga that is what it is. xD I guess the Sailormoon-manga-to-anime thing can be awkward. Yes, after going through everything I realized that the obligatory relationships shipping thing is awkward. Add the super fast direct plot to all this.

But well at least I can appreciate them in the official arts and that is it. Don't want it come to life in the anime. Looks good more on the official art and I applaud Takeuchi for that.

I am sorry but I prefer focusing myself on the story and the entire Mamoru/Usagi / Endymion/Serenity pairing.
HeartlessEponine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 07:18   Link #624
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I see nothing wrong with going with what's available. It's convenient. They see their bfs when Serenity goes to Earth to see her bf. Serenity has something more to talk about with the Inner Senshi. Shoujo stories have convenient pairings as well as convoluted triangles. Convenient pairings avoids all the drama and lets us get back to the story faster imo.
Lmao, the whole point is it doesn't work that way. How many people do you know who think "hey, I think I'm going to date this guy standing by that tree, it's convenient because he's mates with my best friends's boyfriend, so we'd can all hang out together and talk about our boyfriends, luckily he's not too ugly."
Makes no sense. Never happens. Certainly not five times. Also denotes a certain lack of self respect.

Convenient matches are a thing of times long gone, when women and relationships were means to an end. Not in the spirit of the message Sailor Moon is meant to/claims to convey. And to top it off, that's actually what you're saying: they should date the generals for how convenient it is. That's your best argument?

If you wanted t "avoid the drama" you could just not force five ridiculous pairings into the narrative in the first place. Just saying.

Last edited by Faerie; 2014-11-21 at 14:28. Reason: clarification
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 09:05   Link #625
RDNexus

I totally agree, Naoko's original idea of insta-pairings could have worked at the time the Manga was still being worked on but not anymore, it reallt feels forced, an asspull kind of thing. Too bad other things that could have possibly been made better were left to oblivion and this one outdated idea got worked on.
Bravo Toei, surprising us everyday... Negatively...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 09:08   Link #626
Pablete
Banned

Toei?

Imho I think it's just them doing what Naoko told them to. Didn't the twitts said she would be involved with the anime? Well, now it seems like it.

*snip*

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2014-11-21 at 15:11. Reason: Let's stay on topic here and avoid comments that would violate the forum rules.
Old 2014-11-21, 11:27   Link #627
RDNexus

Even so... If they had a bit of brain in their heads, they could discuss things with Takeuchi-sensei because the series has been showing a few good fails that could have been easily corrected.
If you want to ask what fails those may be, you simply have to check the posts of this topic.
Old 2014-11-21, 11:32   Link #628
Pablete
Banned

YMMV.

Just go out of this website and try others.
Old 2014-11-21, 12:54   Link #629
RDNexus

Already done that a while ago, my opinion stayed the same...
Old 2014-11-21, 12:59   Link #630
Pablete
Banned

Not yours, the others, there is no consensus among the. public, there are those who like it, those who don't and those who just enjoy watching the series.
Old 2014-11-21, 13:42   Link #631
RDNexus

True story. No place I checked does have a general consensus.
Old 2014-11-21, 14:35   Link #632
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
Toei?

Imho I think it's just them doing what Naoko told them to. Didn't the twitts said she would be involved with the anime? Well, now it seems like it.
On Naoko's involvement: I figured for a while that's possibly part of the reason why the narrative seems questionable/a mess at times.
Letting the author meddle can backfire enormously, especially if they're stubbornly pushing something they emotionally want, just for the sake of it. Too many cooks and all.

Pretty sure everyone is aware that there is no consensus on this matter as well. Duh. So?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2014-11-21 at 15:13. Reason: Removed answer to a post quote that was edited out (and added a quote from same post to provide context).
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 17:18   Link #633
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
Toei?

*snip*
Naoko is aware that she had flaws in her work

Spoiler for Stars Arc Manga/Anime Spoilers:
and she humbly admits that there were some things that were completely off. There's no choice for TOEI but to follow the original source. Manipulating the content would just be the same as the original anime. If it's going to be based from the manga then they'll stick to it. It's not TOEI's fault imho. Blame the sophisticated yet catchy storyline of the series and the certain year or generation when the manga was created (also add the Sailor V manga into the picture because if it weren't for this particular manga, SM wouldn't be in development back then.)

Naoko is one of the consultants of the anime as I've heard and also her editor Osa-P. If it's the direction of the anime that you are concerned about, there's a huge different between the role of consultant and director.
Old 2014-11-21, 18:02   Link #634
Miraluka
Banned

Damn, I wanted Sailor V's series to be real....
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 18:33   Link #635
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Damn, I wanted Sailor V's series to be real....
; __ ; Congratulations, you are part of the thousands who wanted this epic manga to turn into an anime. //hugs

Sailor V seriously needs more spotlight. At least an OVA or a few episodes depicting her past life before she became Sailor Venus we know so well.

Old 2014-11-21, 18:57   Link #636
RDNexus

Well, I do understand that all of this is a confusing spiral of convolutions & contradictions, but if the original story is flawed, I'd rather see a corrected version of it, even if some changes had to happen in the general plot, as long as it's essence managed to remain intact. The Manga one, that is.
Old 2014-11-21, 19:55   Link #637
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Well, I do understand that all of this is a confusing spiral of convolutions & contradictions, but if the original story is flawed, I'd rather see a corrected version of it, even if some changes had to happen in the general plot, as long as it's essence managed to remain intact. The Manga one, that is.
I think that's possible. At the same time, I think that's also hard to pull off since a lot of the fans really are expecting of the manga-to-anime-life thing. If ever changes have to the made due to the obvious flaws, one party has to pay for the rights depending on the how big or small the chunks that they plan to change or manipulate to make everything better.

I don't know how they were able to pull this off with the original anime back in the 90's but considering the change of the generation at present (not to mention the entire anime industry and the related media that goes along with it), it might be impossible to make instant corrections in this new reboot.

But of course, there's nothing wrong in keeping our hopes up about it.

Old 2014-11-22, 10:09   Link #638
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlessEponine View Post
Naoko is aware that she had flaws in her work

Spoiler for Stars Arc Manga/Anime Spoilers:
Eh? She was quite clear on that. It's not her fault the 90's anime completely screwed up that season.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 13:33   Link #639
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Eh? She was quite clear on that. It's not her fault the 90's anime completely screwed up that season.
I think HeartlessEponine means that Naoko Takeuchi isn't clear about the identity of Sailor Cosmos. Sure, it's mentioned that she has any relationship with Sailor Moon, but did not explain exactly the identity of her (the future self of the current Sailor Moon, a reincarnation of the current Sailor Moon, or even Sailor Moon from an alternate future).

I have understood that the Naoko Takeuchi doesn't know the answer either.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 13:40   Link #640
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
I think HeartlessEponine means that Naoko Takeuchi isn't clear about the identity of Sailor Cosmos. Sure, it's mentioned that she has any relationship with Sailor Moon, but did not explain exactly the identity of her (the future self of the current Sailor Moon, a reincarnation of the current Sailor Moon, or even Sailor Moon from an alternate future).

I have understood that the Naoko Takeuchi doesn't know the answer either.
How is that a flaw though? We don't need exposition for every little thing. The point was that
Spoiler for point:
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahou shoujo, remake, sailor moon