AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2019-01-21, 22:16   Link #12601
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Sorry for such a prolonged reply. It's none that you all mentioned . I THINK it also involved summoning some sort of combat companion/pet. Honestly, not really sure up to this point except that I just really remember it fully involving this knighthood and all and that the male MC ends up forgoing his dream and serving the female MC (as I had mentioned). I also just recently finished watching Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry prior to my original post which is why I remembered the unidentifiable anime
No worries. Thanks for verifying. Hmmm.. beyond the other suggestions in the thread-

First, just to be sure, because it would be bad to overlook it: It's not 'Fate/Stay Unlimited Blade Works' or one of the Fate franchise, right? (there is master-slave but it's opposite)
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (2014)(Wiki|ANN)(2014,2015,movie:2010, non UBW series earlier)
I wouldn't say your description matches perferctly (who's master/slave or fought who), but just need to make sure to ask since it's been a while, but might be considered close. Note there are several Fate works.)
TL;DR…
premise/world explanation for 2014 season
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
(It's pretty popular and well known so I figure that's not it since you might have seen it or someone might have thought of it first; though different from what I'd think was being described.)

** Was it medieval setting with the Knights, and they wear traditional looking armor?**
(by traditional i mean they wear a significant amount of armor, plate/mail/etc, not design specific. Possibly in a fantasy setting and not modern day cityscape, etc)

I checked with the friend that is more into the genre, and "Absolute Duo" was also mentioned (but confirmed not it, I guess), but also a bit further back...

Some of these don't "fully involve traditional-like knighthood" but may have knights in their universe or as their main characters, others don't but I'd started watching some things with friend prior to the confirmation, so tossing them in because some match in other ways described. I tried to indicate where knights weren't as big of an aspect. Ones with starts just generally seem closer then others.

*Lance N' Masques (Ransu Ando Masukusu)(2013)(Wiki|ANN)
Guy has a White Knight complex and can't help saving damsels. The knights have a rich history but he really doesn't want to be a knight but he can't help himself when someone is in need. Most girls think hes weird and run from him, but he helps one girl and she gets stuck to him as he's a cool hero. He learns she lives alone and only has a father that left her alone, so he decides to dedicate himself to protecting her instead of wandering avoiding being/studying-as a knight but helping people sometimes (not exactly forgoing a dream of normal life. Guy and girl don't battle each other... but some knights do summon their weapons into existence. Guy doesn't loose to anyone initially but does later to some male knights. The Chivalry is heavy in this one.

Regarding the "I THINK it also involved summoning some sort of combat companion/pet", the main girl in the below show summons a giant fist from her stuffed animal she caries all the time; and their team often summons/release plant/tentacle.. monsters or cute blob things to help them cause a ruckus. It's not really about knighthood (but is about 'justice' enforcement) and there is no academy (just a secret organization and sprinkling of school life).. so maybe that is not it, but there are some aspects that are similar.

World Conquest Zvezda Plot (Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda) (2014) (Wiki|ANN)
TL;DR…
general description + first episodes / premise

My friend was going down a list of shows to make some guesses, one similar but likely not it- guy with goal of become pope meets righteous girl on way to magic academy, to everyone's surprise (including his) he is instead placed in career path of Demon King due to his aptitude test; guy does fight girl with swords and magic burst except he always wins when trying not to fight or hurt people, does get beat up by her a lot (hence less like what you're looking for; and no summoning of familiars, just magic circle imagery attacks). Very heavy fanservice... No knights, just desire to be pope/chivalrous More specific notes below in case it is not accessible to review.

Demon King Daimao (Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou)(2010)(Wiki|ANN) (per above, guy wanting to be pope, is guided to be demon king due to apptitude test; but this is older. no knights)
TL;DR…
general description + first episode / premise

Actually, few others in that list - It's likely most of these are not close enough, but it may help to eliminate things -

*Dragonar Academy (Seikoku no Dragonar)(2014)(Wiki|ANN) (kinda close in ways..actually?)
Guy with troublemaker reputation is at Academy for dragon summoning, each person has a Pal/par(tner)/slave dragon that can be summoned but his is late and he has not summoned one yet. He is harassed a bunch, looses some practice battles and angers princess on a borrowed dragon mount (actual dragon) and gets in a dragon race bet with a princess, then some things happen and looses race by dropping out, his dragon is summoned (a little girl) and she claims she's the master and not him. Opening lyrics say "Even if i die, i'll be your knight" and something about "Knight Country". No 'forgoing his goal' that I could see but he did sacrifice his arm just for a girl's wish to go see a dragon in the backstory intro of the first ep.

?GRANBLUE FANTASY: The Animation(2017)(Wiki|ANN) (knights and some similarities, but not much about chivalry)
Special Girl falls from airship, running from the empire knights, Guy saves her, protects her, Girl's normal female protector knight shows up. He forces himself on them to continue helping after initial battle. He has a little talking flying dragon pet that follows him. He finds bigger baddies and they call/summon a dragon, and he looses the battle, mortally wounded, special girl heals him sharing her magic power with him. They together they summon their own dragon and win. He doesn't fight the girls, however. He wanted to become a Skyfarer, no one believes such tales are real/tangible. But ep2 spoiler, she shared her lifeforce and now they permanently share the same lifeforce/bond, and he must travel with them. He admits his 'death' was his own fault, that special girl is not to blame and has no qualms following them (he must regardless). He forgoes his life in his town to travel with them, and follow his dream.

*Tales of Zestiria ....(2014,2016,2017)(Wiki|ANN(2014))
I've not seen or played this(nor has my fiend) but I think the guy that can see seraphim that others cant, meets girl and she needs his help and later he ends up squire/servant to her? Could be close but I don't know as much of the series. It may not be correct; maybe lack of
TL;DR…
quote snip from wikipedia about game's story

World Break: Aria of Curse for Holy Swordsman (Seiken Tsukai no World Break)(2015)(Wiki|ANN)
TL;DR…
general description - first episodes + premise

*Knight's & Magic(Naitsu to Majikku)(2017)(Wiki|ANN) (Academy for knights in mecha; I'm guessing you'd probably remember the mecha aspect, and he doesn't fight a girl, but..)
TL;DR…
general description -first episodes + premise

The Irregular at Magic High School (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei)(2014)(Wiki|ANN) (not likely, not really about knights just protectors)
TL;DR…
general description - first episodes + premise

?Twin Star Exorcists (Sousei on Onmyouji)(2016)(Wiki|ANN) (closer; exorcists that take role of protectors, but not exactly knights, but quite the standard heros against evil)
Guy really doesn't want to become the best exorcist, but when confronted with evil baddies a girl exorcist claims to want that goal and she almost defeats monster with two swords and magic talismans, but he is forced to step in when she is loosing and defeats it (he's actually really powerful... but previously gave up being an exorcist due to bad past event); then tells her he never wants to do this and refuses to work with her; second episode a head priest forces them to dual to demonstrate their power, intense battle of wills commence a back and forth, she pushes harder just at the end (neither wins; I'll leave minor spoiler out) but he was not shown to have lost. She does have some sort of familiar that is summoned but I did not see it in a fight in the couple episodes I was shown. He's paired up with her, but doesn't want to fight - later he asks for her to help protect things he cares about, there is a servant aspect with his male friend but I don't know if that ever happens later with her or not. He's not part of the exorcist linage, but at a school/orphanage so he became one. The exorcists wear white outfits similar to knights and use swords but aren't exactly knights, just good people killing evil monsters to keep peace. So not exactly knighthood, but priesthood. He had forgone being strongest exorcist, but after meeting girl, he ends up going back to that path.

*Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arch and the Alchemist Knight (Yurishiizu Jan'nu Daruku to Renkin no Kishi)(2015)(Wiki|ANN) (forsakes soul to become immortal alchemist to protect female knight, with help of fairy; instead of staying at Knight school)
TL;DR…
general description - first episodes / premise

If something else comes to mind that is closer in the future, I'll stop back by and reply and send a PM to you. Though others may not PM directly so good to check back if wondering in the far future. I don't have much else to suggest currently that is not further off from the description one way or another.

This was a good excuse to sample a few shows my friend had seen and had within reach.
anime2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-22, 03:08   Link #12602
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime2004 View Post
*Dragonar Academy (Seikoku no Dragonar)(2014)
That's it! Thank you so much for taking the time to look for it. Also, sorry again if my info on the anime was off. I only remember watching a few episodes before stopping. Much appreciated!

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-22, 05:05   Link #12603
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post

I am a big collector of higurashi stuff, I am trying to identify the yellow book in this picture. I do not have any other source for this picture, since it was an auction that ended, the picture is just too blurry. Maybe someone has that A.I gigapixel program or just better at noticing what the characters are.

My collection, light novels start at the 2 min mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY-ADDED-TEXT
EDIT1: That is a very awesome collection. While you likely don't need me to confirm that; I would like to remind you "AH!" You actually already have that book, I think (Youtube @5m52s at the top left corner?); I had only looked at the novels around the mentioned time after doing the search and identification; so on full review I can retroactively note it is very likely the Bunko version is there (not sure about the older TJ Mook version but they should be 'effectively' equivalent. Links I provided are mostly regarding Bunko, but some are Mook. -- Do check your collection if that one is accessible and let us know as I think the spine should confirm for your own collection.
It was a bit too bury, though I thought maybe the imprint logo or cross referencing your list with internet to try to find a more complete list might work. Not quite a Super Dash Shueisha logo and wasn't fully sure, kinda looked like「百」(but darker on left is bad) really can't tell for blurred kanji as there others close (spoiler: it was 名), but 9 characters total, maybe a fu or ke... duno, so some digging around..

I believe you're looking for:
・Title: ひぐらしのなく頃に 名場面捜査ファイル
・Publisher: 宝島社文庫 [文庫](Takarajimasha Bunko)(wiki(jp)|wiki(en)|site)
・Released: August 5th 2008 (per publisher's site)
・Page count: 205 (vs 113)
・ISBN: 978-4-7966-6572-8 (search-result-details)
Looks like it contains character intros, original art/scenes, and some staff interview questions. Seems like a revised printing, where a Mook version was revised and renamed from『ひぐらしのなく頃に 名場面捜査ファイル100』TJ MOOK to your Bunko version. The Mook version may be listed as associated with「07th Expansion」in places whereas the Bunko as with「別冊宝島編集部【編】」(publisher's re-edited version). Thus, neither is in the List of Higurashi novels english wikipedia (not listed); but the Mook version is in the japanese wikipedia entry (see below).

For a TL;DR (ie. a bunch of images in one place to quick confirm this is what you're looking for, see this ----> imgur link <---- further below; and the section directly below for Publisher & 07th Expansion's official product listing pages.
Some Japanese Online Store links are also below, and a couple English based Stores, did not search all or proxy services.

Official Publisher/Creator Book info Page:
・Your book: ひぐらしのなく頃に 名場面捜査ファイル https://tkj.jp/book/?cd=70657201&path=&s1=
Search for both books (includes the original, TJ MOOK version).
Official 07thExpansion page listing both Bunko+Mook ISBN and details.

Quick note about wikipedia listing (of Mook version):
TL;DR…
wikipedia(jp) lists Mook(magazine+book) version but NOT your revision
NOT to be confused with『ひぐらしのなく頃に 名場面捜査ファイル100』which has a black spine (with the caution tape theme cover), and a magazine number 66483-22, whereas the Bunko just an isbn. And some doujin novels (not doujinshi) listed elsewhere for future reference, though the book you seek is official+comercial.

Confirmation notes to keep in mind:
Your source picture shows:
・Spine: Bright Yellow; with Green top border.
・Obi: Red; with white text; black lined logo.

Quick online photo examples (ie. confirmation of spine):
***Many of these sample images pushed to imgur in one place for convenience. ***
・Has a Dust Jacket (otamart(en) product page samples, one of inside pages) (.webp image format!, converted images are on imgur link above.) I'm not familiar with this site.
・A bunch of misc auction pages/photos at Mercari.com
・... more images if you search for title or look at store pages below.

Some online store product pages (image/info) references:
TL;DR…
Japanese/English Store/Marketplace pages (for image samples/verification/purchase)

For Reference:
・Regarding the term (Mook)(ムック)(Magazine+Book: Magazine-like that stays in circulation longer.
Wiki(jp) | Wiki(en). English wiki have english articles that go into details.

I'm also a fan of higurashi but have not gone to collect any commercial books; even if you decide you don't want that specific book, I hope that it eases the concern over what it was, and that this helps with your quest!

Last edited by anime2004; 2019-01-22 at 07:50. Reason: (watched whole youtube video!)
Old 2019-01-22, 05:20   Link #12604
anime2004

Quote:
That's it! Thank you so much for taking the time to look for it. Also, sorry again if my info on the anime was off. I only remember watching a few episodes before stopping. Much appreciated!
Awesome! And no problem or worries about your description. Sometimes we just can't quite remember, or remember incorrectly, or it takes a bit to recall details, and by that point it certainly can't be helped (though I've never tried hypnotism :P).

I also got to use it as an excuse to hang out with my friend and watch a few of those that I'd not seen (a quick review of the genre), and we found at least one we may continue watching that both of us hadn't already watched (my friend enjoys those genre/tropes and had already watched some or all episodes of many of them. ^_^; making that a bit easier). We over were a bit more loose in the listing just to be safe (and had started watching some before the 'definitely has Knights; maybe a summon' follow up.

Enjoy the watch/re-watch if not already!

Last edited by anime2004; 2019-01-22 at 05:30. Reason: (sorry for double post but it doesn't make much sense to attach to the last comment and have this lost)
Old 2019-01-22, 09:49   Link #12605
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Turns out I already have the book, once I knew it was game hint book. Book so small that got buried in my collection with artbooks of all things. Forgot I even had that. Thanks so much. My book collection still complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime2004 View Post
It was a bit too bury, though I thought maybe the imprint logo or cross referencing your list with internet to try to find a more complete list might work. Not quite a Super Dash Shueisha logo and wasn't fully sure, kinda looked like「百」(but darker on left is bad) really can't tell for blurred kanji as there others close (spoiler: it was 名), but 9 characters total, maybe a fu or ke... duno, so some digging around..
Old 2019-02-21, 04:00   Link #12606
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

wheres this from and who drew this??
NSFW
NSFW
NSFW

Spoiler:
Old 2019-02-21, 16:20   Link #12607
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

That's not even the full picture,...
Here: http://konachan.com/post/show/277604

It's also conveniently tagged.
Old 2019-02-21, 18:06   Link #12608
Chibiloli

Where’s the top one from?
Old 2019-02-21, 18:57   Link #12609
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Girly Air Force:

https://myanimelist.net/character/163455/Kei_Narutani
https://myanimelist.net/character/163456/Gripen
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-25, 13:50   Link #12610
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

What's this from:

Images
Old 2019-02-25, 15:26   Link #12611
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Amaama to Inazuma
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32828/Amaama_to_Inazuma
Old 2019-03-05, 14:45   Link #12612
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

What game is this?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-09, 18:22   Link #12613
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Images
space save

What game is this?
I'm not sure if the question is about who the intended character is (and from what game) or about what tool was used to create the image. (I'm not sure if the image was created knowingly and if we are guessing what character is being parodied.) Maybe it is already known, but:

The image was created using an online tool at picrew.me where artists create "paper cut out doll" outfits/components that lets users pick combinations to create their own "original" image combination.

This specific image is from:
"GORILLA_ART" by "マドンナ岡本"
https://picrew.me/image_maker/3595
(ex. you can find that sweater under「ふく」(fuku))

The site has many more creator options then that one, but it is Japanese only language. (Though some artists have made ones with menus that are visual or have other language descriptions.) Don't forget that you can scroll down through more outfits/options in each category if on mobile. Also the text search needs exact titles/words, if I remember right. Sort browse by popular/etc.

You will find variants from that artist's images with the same outfit/hair etc online. Sometimes people create a popular copyrighted character using such tools, so I do not know if you are asking what character your image might be parodying (or about the tool).

Last edited by anime2004; 2019-03-09 at 18:32. Reason: note about the character's sweater (for reference)
Old 2019-03-16, 13:55   Link #12614
Silverman

hey ppl , i am looking for a short manga or a oneshot (not really sure) about the main guy who bumps into a girl on his way to school and the girl drop her hair pin which she got from her crush (childhood friend i think ) the main guy is cold at first but likes the girl later and he plays a football game against the girl's crush where he gets injured . the age of the MCs are around 16-17(high school ) .its a shoujo \ romance manga ..i also remember the MC being popular but odd , he takes the female MC on a date by force even tho she has a boyfriend at that time and they meet the boyfriend by chance , also i remember there was a scene with the female MC and the guy she likes at the beginning at the bus stop , that where they become a couple and if i am not mistaken he asks about the hair pin she lost cos of the male MC ,(she finds it later ) , also if i am not mistaken at the end she still has that pin and the male MC sees that she still has it and was upset but she said that she is keeping it coz he found it for her and also thats how they met and not coz of the guy who gave it to her .

any idea guys ?! please help if you can .
Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-30, 01:33   Link #12615
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Looking for this anime involving magic and spells. The male protagonist "writes" words/spells in the air as he speaks them (pretty cool from what I remember) to basically do magically attacks to defeat his enemies. Kind of like a spoken incantation. I think the anime came out within the last few years. That's all I really remember.

Old 2019-04-30, 02:25   Link #12616
Kurohane

World Break?
Old 2019-05-01, 16:38   Link #12617
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
World Break?
That's the one, thanks!

Old 2019-05-02, 15:16   Link #12618
Kurohane

Quote:
That's the one, thanks!
Your welcome.
Old 2019-05-27, 13:33   Link #12619
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

What anime is she from?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 15:10   Link #12620
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Kiratto Pri chan.

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel