AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-03, 17:19   Link #1
Girsej

Demon's Souls [PS#

Anyone else heard about this game? It's one of the 11 unannounced games(duh, this one ain't anymore ;D) that Sony's showing off during TGS. I'll just copy the text I've found:

Demon's Souls is one of the games for the PS3 that have been unveiled as playable at Tokyo Game Show. When we first reported on the game we included some Famitsu scans for your viewing pleasure, but now we have actual information on the game as well.

Demon's Souls will be released some time in 2009 and it is a spiritual successor to King's Field, a PS1 title that was never officially released in the US. The game takes place in the kingdom of Boletaria, where you play an unnamed protagonist who roams around in an "extremely open-ended" world -- you can choose to save the world from the king who will awaken "an ancient monster" in his sleep, or not. It's all up to you.

The game's director, Hidetaka Miyazaki, is attempting to "make the fun and charms of a classic RPG interesting all over again with the latest technology at hand." For example, instead of placing traditional restrictions on item usage, it uses the game's physics to place more realistic limits such as "long weapons bump into walls, lighting the area in real-time with the torch in your hand." Sadly, the director appears to have implied the game will be lacking multiplayer; instead, he will opt to "find a way to use the Internet to make the single-player mode more interesting." Arguably, there has yet to be a game that mixes mechanics of a good ol' RPG with gameplay elements only possible on this generation's hardware. Will Demon's Souls be the first? We'll find out when we check the game out at TGS. Also, be sure to check out the 11 screenshots in the gallery below.

For screenshots
Girsej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 14:22   Link #2
Lebron
I hear voices

It looks interesting to say the least. I never played the King's Field games, so yeah, that whole successor line does nothing for me. The description sounds cool though. Sounds more(and looks) like a Western RPG which has my interest automatically. It's going to be playable at TGS, so I look forward to impressions and videos.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote