Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-02, 16:08   Link #1
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Need scenes for AMV

This is a bit different from a normal 'what series should I watch' request, but I'd like to tug on the collective conciousness of the anime watchers here at animesuki for some suggestions for characters to include in an AMV. The theme of the AMV is characters who have a something inside of them which is (a) trying to escape, (b) triggers major changes in their behavior, or (c) they want to keep a secret. Even if a character doesn't exactly fit those qualities, if they have a really good 'snapping / freak out' scene (kj1980 calls it 'oyashiro-mode'), then they qualify. Character's I'm planning on including so far.

Naruto and Gaara from Naruto
Hiwatari Satoshi from DNAngel
Tokiha Mai, Minagi Mikoto and Fujino Shizuru from Mai HiME
Ichigo from Bleach
Chrono from Chrono Crusade

Other suggestions would be welcome. I'd prefer footage from more recent anime (1999+) so that the animation style and quality matches with the rest. I'd also prefer faster paced, shounen action style animes, becuase it fits with the song better, though with proper editing, even a slow anime can become fast, I suppose. Including episode numbers of good 'oyashiro' moments would be very helpful, if you can manage it.

Thanks for the help!
Old 2006-11-02, 16:25   Link #2
jedinat

Seras from Hellsing (when she gets all psycho vampy)
Masane from Witchblade (when she turns into Witchblade)
Yuka from Kemonozume (she turns into a flesh eater)
Jun from Devilman Lady (she turns into a Devilman)
Hakuoro from Utawarerumono (he becomes the big god monster)
Vash from Trigun (when his arm transforms)
Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin (when his eyes become slits )
Old 2006-11-02, 16:50   Link #3
MamoruUsagi

Well, there's Aya from Ceres who turns into Ceres, but the manga is way way better than the anime version. The manga has lots of scenes where Aya and her boyfriend makeout and kiss in hotel rooms and have sex or walk arm in arm and are a regular couple. The anime cut all of this out. All the romantic scenes of Aya and her boyfriend kissing in hotel rooms, making out on beds and getting intimate were taken out of the anime and in the manga only. However, Aya's turning into Ceres, which takes control over her fits it, but you should really read the manga, it's much more deeper and mature and romantic, but it does have quite a few sex scenes, before choosing this. The manga is a lot deeper, longer and has lots more kissing.

In SM Live Action version, after Usagi and Mamoru have been dating and boyfriend and girlfriend for a long time, Usagi has a side of her that possesses her and the princess, her past self, takes over and becomes very powerful. Only her boyfriend, Mamoru, can bring Usagi back when the princess takes over her body. The anime and manga have Usagi and Mamoru dating and boyfriend and girlfriend for a long time, but the live action version adds Usagi's alternate personality as a huge obstacle, only Usagi's boyfriend, Mamoru, can bring her back when she gets possessed by her past self.

These are just examples, feel free to disgard them, but you should at least read them to get ideas.
Old 2006-11-02, 16:54   Link #4
ImClueless
Rawr

Well since you mentioned oyashiro-mode, half the girls in Higurashi would qualify with their facial contortions.

Also Oland in Pumpkin Scissors would qualify with his killer/zombie/lamp-on mode.
Old 2006-11-02, 18:24   Link #5
lommm
l'homme de lommm

-Ergo Proxy-
Spoiler:
-Allan Walker from D. Gray-Man.
Spoiler:
-Chevalier D'Eon -
Spoiler:
-Blood+-
Spoiler:
-Innocent Venus -
Spoiler:
-King of Fighter - Another Day-
Spoiler:
-Juuni Kokki-
Spoiler:
-Fate Stay Night-
Spoiler:

-Night Head Genesis-
Spoiler:
-you mention Higurashi - why not use that? like the first arc where Rena is insane (or the last arc, too)
-there's probably something you could snag from the last episode of Fullmetal Alchemist when Ed transmute his whole body
-i don't know which if it is what you're looking for, but if you want another girl, Solty Rei has several power-up moments that might cut together well - ep01 in the last few minutes has a big fight
-Mononoke Hime - try to find the scene where his "tainted" arm is wriggling and going out of control - it looks like a demon is inside of him trying to get out
-Elfen Lied - I think any of the last three or four episodes with the little monster would work
Old 2006-11-05, 19:08   Link #6
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Thank you very much for the suggestions everyone~! I'm making my way through Higurashi now... looks like exactly what I want.
Old 2006-11-05, 21:03   Link #7
zaraki kenpatchi
BLOODY SWORD

dont make me laugh! ha! i need anime and fighting
Closed Thread