AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2011-05-20, 09:39   Link #1041
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
With every timeline that CMS Hououin Kyouma goes through, Kurisu becomes stronger and stronger, until...

Wait, scratch that.
Spoiler for well:

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 12:33   Link #1042
revive4563

Sound director is surprisingly old...
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 16:42   Link #1043
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^Oh god, Kana-chan... HGGGGGNNNNNN!!

Nobody can beat her Tutturu!
Old 2011-05-20, 16:59   Link #1044
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
O God....my heart...
Old 2011-05-20, 17:58   Link #1045
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
Very interesting

I love the addition Kana did on her dialogues, they certainly make mayushii even more charming/childish, and those signs she put for how to voice, too cute, I never thought that anyone would use them IRL.

Some other stuff I noticed:
  • They had a couch inside the recording room for spectactors
  • The room itself didn't look very sound-proof or technology improved in the last 15 years
  • Wind-shields for microphones I guess VAs scream and growl a lot
  • And it is tutturuu, not dudduruu
  • They looked liked they were really enjoying their work, though they could just be pretending in front of the camera.
  • Still as with most VAs, I prefer to much their voice with the characters, their 3D appearance just does not fit, using their normal voice seems much more attractive
  • Is it me or Kana was dressed like Mayushii
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 21:23   Link #1046
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
Spoiler for well:
Whats with the rainbow, seriously.
Old 2011-05-20, 21:26   Link #1047
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Spoiler for well:
*quietly ships Homaru/Okarin despite the age/show difference*
Old 2011-05-21, 00:26   Link #1048
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Very interesting

I love the addition Kana did on her dialogues, they certainly make mayushii even more charming/childish, and those signs she put for how to voice, too cute, I never thought that anyone would use them IRL.

• The room itself didn't look very sound-proof or technology improved in the last 15 years
  • They looked liked they were really enjoying their work, though they could just be pretending in front of the camera.
  • Still as with most VAs, I prefer to much their voice with the characters, their 3D appearance just does not fit, using their normal voice seems much more attractive
Kana did mention that the couch was for the seiyuus waiting in turn.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 00:37   Link #1049
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Very interesting

I think all professional microphones have those screens, actually. I forget exactly what they do... but in any case I think it serves more purpose than preventing the actors from spitting on the mics, I think. XD

And yeah the couch is for the seiyuu. Apparently up to 20 might be in the room at once, taking turns at whatever mic is open when they have to record their lines. A lot of people cite this as a reason Japanese voice acting seems to have more chemistry between the actors compared to Western voice acting which is usually recorded with the actors all in separate rooms, or at different times.
Old 2011-05-21, 01:29   Link #1050
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I think all professional microphones have those screens, actually. I forget exactly what they do... but in any case I think it serves more purpose than preventing the actors from spitting on the mics, I think.
Certain consonants can really play havoc with the mics - especially the letter "p." They put the screens up to cut down on any "popping" noises and the like.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 01:41   Link #1051
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
I think all professional microphones have those screens, actually. I forget exactly what they do... but in any case I think it serves more purpose than preventing the actors from spitting on the mics, I think. XD
I was half joking there, they actually dampen the amplitude of your breath. Make it easier to manipulate the recorded samples.

Quote:
And yeah the couch is for the seiyuu. Apparently up to 20 might be in the room at once, taking turns at whatever mic is open when they have to record their lines. A lot of people cite this as a reason Japanese voice acting seems to have more chemistry between the actors compared to Western voice acting which is usually recorded with the actors all in separate rooms, or at different times.
Sorry, missed that, my japanese is not exactly stellar, nonetheless interesting insight there, but I think it's also important that japanese VAs train for that job, they are not failed actors, like most american and german.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 08:29   Link #1052
Tsukou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
It's because Okarin never did tell Ruka about the numbers before he sent the D-mail in the first place. What Okarin merely did was send D-mail with the lotto numbers to himself, he didn't tell Ruka directly.

And when Okarin time travels, he changes world lines mentally, not physically. John Titor confirmed that when timelines change, people's memories are altered and have no recollection of the previous timeline.

Okarin is the only person ever to have the ability to retain his memories when changing timelines, and because his memories aren't altered, he doesn't have any memories of the new timeline.

He physically did tell Ruka about the lotto numbers after he changed world lines, but his unique ability doesn't allow him to remember himself doing that, because he never had memories of himself telling Ruka in the first place.
Just to clarify this, it'd be much easier to say he changes world lines physically, not mentally. His current physical state is transposed into a different world line where he has no recollection of what that Okabe Rintarou did in that timeline, he only maintains the memories of what he has done in his own timeline.

It'll be interesting to see who John Titor is, it'd probably be simpler to just tell him that Okabe has the IBN5100, but I suppose he doesn't completely trust him?

And like others have said obvious that Suzuha is from the future, feels like a terminator type deal. Her eye color makes it seem like she might be Okabe's daughter or something, but that's probably not right at all, and just pure speculation, because obviously her saying she knew someone who knew the IBN5100 was most likely Okabe himself, so while there is a relation, I suppose what relation could it be.
Tsukou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 17:19   Link #1053
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Ever since the first episode I have been torn between suspecting more of Mayuri, or just accepting that this is an anime, and there's nothing out of place about her character at all.

If she ends up being a member of SERN, for instance, my mind will be blown, even if I am hoping for such a thing to be true, so that she isn't just some moe character added to stir pervert's loins.

Edit: C'mon guys and girls. We need another 600+ replies to be more popular than a kiddy show about fake war and anomorphic animals (Dog Days). Don't make me loose complete faith in humanity!
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 17:28   Link #1054
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Edit: C'mon guys and girls. We need another 600+ replies to be more popular than a kiddy show about fake war and anomorphic animals (Dog Days). Don't make me loose complete faith in humanity!
But a lot of posts in the Dog Days thread are shipping skirmishes and fanservice pics. Not a lot of that's gonna happen in this title.

We have more serious things to talk about.
Old 2011-05-21, 17:37   Link #1055
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
well, if it helps you not losing faith in humanity: Steins;Gate is definitely more popular in 2ch (55,000 posts), whereas Dog Days is currently around 31,000 posts.

that, and what orion said.
Old 2011-05-21, 17:46   Link #1056
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
to be more popular
That's a bit of a petty reason.

Cooperation, not competition.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 17:57   Link #1057
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Heh, if you guys want more posts then I'll finally ask, who IS the guy with the rainbow in this picture?

Quote:
Spoiler for well:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 18:01   Link #1058
Midonin
Last Engage

Protagonist of Sumaga, another Nitro+ VN. The tricolored rainbow hints at his identity.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 18:08   Link #1059
Forsaken_Infinity

Besides, Dog days is kiddy and optimistic; it's much preferable with regards to humanity's future for humans to enjoy such work more than depressing pseudoscience crap. And well, while its entertaining for some of us, Steins;Gate isn't really stellar :\... a pretty bad show and an even pettier reason to lose faith over humanity.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 18:21   Link #1060
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I can't wait to see the anime based on your visual novel. If you're making such boastful claims as that, then I am 100% confident that it will be flawless and wonderful.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation