AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-10-07, 14:39   Link #181
Meatwad
Banned

Maybe I should have worded tha better, and guys, MOST fighting games even if 3-D are still VERY MUCH on a 2-D plain (altho you are usually in 3-D versions able to "change" the 2-D plain you are fighting on)(Note: 95% of dating sims are 2-D....accually...I can't think of ANY that er 3-D ATM, but I'm sure there is at least ONE out there....), so I wasn't REALLY trying to include those....plus the key here will be GOOD 2-D games, most of what you have showed me was crap games (NOT including the fighting games, they all look fine, but that is a GIVEN that they will be on a virtual 2-D plain).

(Note: I CANNOT STAND RPG games) I am more of a Action/Adventure type guy, so listing all those "RPGs" does ME no good. So far all the Action/Adventure games announced will be 3-D...that is mainly what I ment by the GOOD 2-D games. MAINLY what I was talking about is CLASSIC side scrolling or 2-D games like Sonic being 3-D on these handhelds now when I personally would MUCH perfer a side view of these games.

Games I WISH would stay 2-D:
The Legend of Zelda
Sonic
Mario
Mega Man
Metriod

I perfered Zelda 4 Swords style on the GameCube over the style of the 3-D Zelda games. Using the 2-D sprites and beefing up the effects with the system power to ME is much better than making it 3-D and easy. The hardest games I've EVER played (and PROBABLY every will play) were 2-D games :-\...

Last edited by Meatwad; 2004-10-07 at 14:59.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 16:42   Link #182
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad
Maybe I should have worded tha better, and guys, MOST fighting games even if 3-D are still VERY MUCH on a 2-D plain (altho you are usually in 3-D versions able to "change" the 2-D plain you are fighting on)(Note: 95% of dating sims are 2-D....accually...I can't think of ANY that er 3-D ATM, but I'm sure there is at least ONE out there....), so I wasn't REALLY trying to include those....plus the key here will be GOOD 2-D games, most of what you have showed me was crap games (NOT including the fighting games, they all look fine, but that is a GIVEN that they will be on a virtual 2-D plain).

(Note: I CANNOT STAND RPG games) I am more of a Action/Adventure type guy, so listing all those "RPGs" does ME no good. So far all the Action/Adventure games announced will be 3-D...that is mainly what I ment by the GOOD 2-D games. MAINLY what I was talking about is CLASSIC side scrolling or 2-D games like Sonic being 3-D on these handhelds now when I personally would MUCH perfer a side view of these games.

Games I WISH would stay 2-D:
The Legend of Zelda
Sonic
Mario
Mega Man
Metriod

I perfered Zelda 4 Swords style on the GameCube over the style of the 3-D Zelda games. Using the 2-D sprites and beefing up the effects with the system power to ME is much better than making it 3-D and easy. The hardest games I've EVER played (and PROBABLY every will play) were 2-D games :-\...
Yeah, i can see that, but level of difficulty is not always something i look for in games.

I would rather play a semi-easy game that takes me 4 hours to complete than any megaman game out there. I DESPISE megaman with a passion. And you know why?? Because the games are SOOO hard... they don't even give you a chance.

Hard games that give you a chance are one thing, but other that are so ruthless that they will kill you while paused are another thing... (lol, jokes there)
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 17:01   Link #183
DekaMaster
Banned

Well I agree with you on the X games but regular old MM games are pretty easy. But I agree on the time thing. I can beat Lunar SSS in 13 hours. Short yes but the game is totaly amazing.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 17:02   Link #184
Necrodeath

I wouldn't call mario (all 2-D mario's) hard at all...could be me though
Equally so for the megaman games, true, there we're some harder ones among them, but nothing that I couldn't beat. 3-D megaman was total crap though...
Sonic was pretty tough (from what I can remember (not much ))
Legend of zelda...plain annoying. Especially when you're used to OoT, MM, and TWW.
Never played 2-d metroid, so I can't comment on that.

Hard games are the best though, 2-D or 3-D I don't mind..
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 22:48   Link #185
Meatwad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath
I wouldn't call mario (all 2-D mario's) hard at all...could be me though
Equally so for the megaman games, true, there we're some harder ones among them, but nothing that I couldn't beat. 3-D megaman was total crap though...
Sonic was pretty tough (from what I can remember (not much ))
Legend of zelda...plain annoying. Especially when you're used to OoT, MM, and TWW.
Never played 2-d metroid, so I can't comment on that.

Hard games are the best though, 2-D or 3-D I don't mind..
Well, mario isn't THAT hard, the ORIGINAL version was pretty hard, most of the others were not tho....(altho the DX version of GBC made it EASY because you could CONTINUE...and zelda was MUCH better on 2-D, athlo the 3-D games are really good too, the 2-D games were a LOT more fun.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote