AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-15, 14:29   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm another who'd agree with this being worth the wait. Oh wow that scenery. Oh wow the mermaids.

Hoping it is Arlong, though high changes are it'll be a family member.
Old 2010-12-15, 14:46   Link #22
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Kokoro who? That memory is now [REDACTED]!

Yeah, Mermaid Island is amazing, I also agree that it's very much worth the wait. And the mermaids really are beautiful, this time I don't really fault Sanji's overreaction. The parts we saw are cool enough, and that 'Boss' also seems interesting, but I want to see the rest of the full architecture of Fishman Island, I thought Oda is amazing at those (still marvel at the beauty that is Water Seven). Hopefully through the eyes of the rest of the SH though, not just for variety but to know what happened to them as well.
Old 2010-12-15, 15:13   Link #23
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

LOL What I believe Luffy said "Ahahahaha! You're hilarious, Sanji!"

Can he do it?!

Yes he can!

Don't know if its just cause Sanji said so or just me but Camie-chan has def gotten alot cuter!

And the MERMAIDS!!!

The groups kinda remind me of Sky Island arc, always liked the Luffy, Sanji and Usopp group plus got Chopper this time around
Wonder how the other groups are.

I'm guessing guy at the end is Arlong's brother or something.

This was a great chapter and showcases Oda's brillance at making the OP verse one of the best there is.
Old 2010-12-15, 15:22   Link #24
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I have a feeling there's some sort of civil war in effect right now.

The island seems to be divided up into factions possibly each with their own forces. Like that Neptune's Army that was mentioned.

Probably been that way ever since Whitebeard died.
Old 2010-12-15, 16:01   Link #25
Vicious108

That mermaid in the front for next Strawhat please.
Old 2010-12-15, 16:03   Link #26
ZeroForever

sanji has had the best reactions post time skip bar none awesome but I'm still waiting on the explanation on the 'light'.

Wouldn't be surprised by the civil war theory though.
Old 2010-12-15, 16:16   Link #27
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Oda shows a lot and explains it little by little - you could learn what's this light source is, but that would feel like forced exposition if Camie told architecture details - and lights probably is an important plot part since rich folks live near it. (WTF clouds?)

There might be two groups of enemies now - new mermaids pirates with arlong lookalike, and noah?
Mermaid Island has plenty of water so mermaids can still fight pretty well there. I bet that Jinbei isn't the strongest fisherman there is - he's "just" a shichibukai.

SH have to divide from time to time and with match there's only so many possibilites. Sanji can have a clean concious that he doesn't forget to adore Robin-chan and Nami-san while attending mermaids.
Old 2010-12-15, 17:24   Link #28
secretzfan
*Fansubber

It defiantly isn't Arlong as he looked nothing like that but a brother maybe
Old 2010-12-15, 17:27   Link #29
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

a mermaid must join the Strawhats after the arc is over.
Old 2010-12-15, 20:23   Link #30
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I love how Sanji proclaims that he's found "All Blue".
Old 2010-12-15, 21:12   Link #31
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I wonder how much more powerful Arlong has become, maybe he's learned and mastered fishman karate
Old 2010-12-15, 21:13   Link #32
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I have a feeling there's some sort of civil war in effect right now.
Yeah, and we got our heroes here to take care of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
If it's really all blue, then one of the crew's dream has been fulfilled now. "become pirate king" and "drawing world map" would be the last one to be fulfilled.

Anyway, it looks like Sanji is the strongest one underwater now. He still can look around and assess the situation after the crash
Old 2010-12-15, 21:36   Link #33
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
^ No. Oda wasn't serious when he wrote that. Sanji's all blue is where all sorts of fish are around so he can cook to his content, or something along that line
Old 2010-12-15, 21:56   Link #34
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
^ No. Oda wasn't serious when he wrote that. Sanji's all blue is where all sorts of fish are around so he can cook to his content, or something along that line
What he said. But this version of all blue I'm sure Sanji wouldn't mind.
Old 2010-12-16, 00:24   Link #35
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
I want to migrate to Fishman Island.
Old 2010-12-16, 02:57   Link #36
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
*sniff* Sanji's resolve to be in Fishman Island without collapsing or nosebleeds.... it's...... it's enough to put a grown man to tears..... buuuuh..... *sniff*

On another note, I would make the suggestion that the guy IS Arlong, what with his nose being broken after Luffy's Axe.... but that nose looks nothing like it. Though, that Arlong Pirates logo on the eel still bugs me....
Old 2010-12-16, 04:16   Link #37
spandy15

Is there the possiblity that Hammonds' "boss" is related to Van der Decken from the Flying Dutchman? I'm not saying that these two are the same people (comparing their pictures will show this), but we know that VDD will play an important role in the future since he hasn't been properly introduced or shown yet; heck, we're not even sure on him and his crews' species yet, so there may be a connection in there somewhere. It is obvious that Hammonds' boss holds high regards for Arlong, but he doesn't seem to actually be from his crew. Maybe he was one of the Sun Pirates who didn't branch off after Fisher Tiger died? Regardless, I don't think this guy is Arlong himself; the reason is Hammond said that the SHs ruined the ambitions of the Arlong Pirates (if his boss was Arlong, he would have probably said that the SHs ruined his boss' ambitions instead).

On a smaller note: MERMAIDS!!!! (don't know the smiley for "goo-goo eyes", sorry...)

I was one of the people who complained about the three year delay or arriving at Fishman Island, but this chapter made up for all of that, and then some. Also, the amount of detail done to the island itself (clouds, the houses, and transportation, just to name a few) helped remind me why I fell in love with One Piece in the first place.

:crazy:

P.S.: I'm guessing, from Hammonds' remarks, that charging in through the double-layered bubble surrounding the island isn't the normal, or safe, way to enter; any idea what is. Also, I was surprised that Jimbei didn't meet Luffy. I mean, I'm sure Rayleigh informed him that the SHs were coming, and then there was that big fiasco outside involving the new Fishman Pirates, not to mention that Luffy was knocked out for a few hours at least. I can't help but feel that something bad has happened to him...
Old 2010-12-16, 04:39   Link #38
game2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I wonder how much more powerful Arlong has become, maybe he's learned and mastered fishman karate
That person at the last page isn't Arlong, or maybe you're simply talking about Arlong in general.
Old 2010-12-16, 05:57   Link #39
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by spandy15 View Post

On a smaller note: MERMAIDS!!!! (don't know the smiley for "goo-goo eyes", sorry...)
It is like isle of women all over again. The mermaids drawing are great (oda didn't forget to add one with the famous clamshell bra , can't have a buch of mermaids without that one), though I don't understand why they bother putting lipstick or wearing snorkeling equipment underwater
Old 2010-12-16, 09:38   Link #40
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Yep, as usual, and even more obviously so after the time skip, Sanji gets all the best lines. That guy is like an awesome quote machine.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion