AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-18, 11:28   Link #61
marvelB

^That's the thing, though..... we already know that Zoro's the big super-badass swordsman (especially since he received training from Mihawk). Him taking out a Logia solo is already highly feasible at this point. On the other hand, the full extent of Nami and Robin's growth is a but more unclear to us (well, chiefly Nami, anyway). IMO, it would be a lot more interesting to see a Logia taken out by the underdogs rather than the usual monsters....
Old 2011-11-18, 11:46   Link #62
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

I kinda doubt that Robin and Nami can use CoA... Maybe Nami can beat him down with a stick, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^That's the thing, though..... we already know that Zoro's the big super-badass swordsman (especially since he received training from Mihawk). Him taking out a Logia solo is already highly feasible at this point. On the other hand, the full extent of Nami and Robin's growth is a but more unclear to us (well, chiefly Nami, anyway). IMO, it would be a lot more interesting to see a Logia taken out by the underdogs rather than the usual monsters....
Old 2011-11-18, 12:13   Link #63
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Heh, it sure would be sweet to see the ladies take down one of those big, bad Logias for a change. Besides, mud should be cake when compared to sand, thunder, and magma, right?
Not to mention, it'd be a great opportunity for fanservice
Old 2011-11-18, 15:51   Link #64
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Looking at the panel where Sanji does his "Hell Memories", how exactly did he attack Wadatsumi? Did he kick him? I can't tell...

Anyways, while Sanji igniting his whole body is a little bit ridiculous, I try not to think too much of it. I mean he did Diable Jambe UNDERWATER against Surumi earlier in the arc...
Old 2011-11-18, 20:12   Link #65
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
. I mean he did Diable Jambe UNDERWATER against Surumi earlier in the arc...
Fires can be ignited in water, given high enough temperatures.

From my shallow understanding of physics, the reason we use water to put out fires is because it cools the area which was burning, putting the fire out.

There is no inherent quality within water that is anti-fire.
Old 2011-11-19, 01:32   Link #66
golgo13

nice chapter. although for zoro i don't think it was necessary for him to give a finishing move. he could have easily finished off hyouzou with an ittoryu attack.
Old 2011-11-19, 01:37   Link #67
Mr Coin
Heads or Tails?

Hell's memories look like a giant soccer ball on fire. It gave me goosebumps.

Last edited by Mr Coin; 2011-11-19 at 01:55.
Old 2011-11-19, 02:41   Link #68
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Anyways, while Sanji igniting his whole body is a little bit ridiculous, I try not to think too much of it. I mean he did Diable Jambe UNDERWATER against Surumi earlier in the arc...
yeah it really is stupid,

It would have been better if he have learned kempo instead...
Sanji having fire powers is a little bit exaggerating, since he doesnt have a devil fruit in the first place
Old 2011-11-19, 10:39   Link #69
marvelB

I find it funny how people complain about Sanji's FLAMING homo technique when we've technically already seen crazier abilities used by non-DF users before the skip (like just about anything Rokushiki-related, Ramen Kenpo, Life Returns, etc). So apparently everyone can suspend their disbelief over stuff like noodle armors and the bizarre body manipulation techniques of Life Returns, yet draw the line when Sanji becomes a human Flambé?
Old 2011-11-19, 10:43   Link #70
Homura7

Quote:
I find it funny how people complain about Sanji's FLAMING homo technique when we've technically already seen crazier abilities used by non-DF users before the skip (like just about anything Rokushiki-related, Ramen Kenpo, Life Returns, etc). So apparently everyone can suspend their disbelief over stuff like noodle armors and the bizarre body manipulation techniques of Life Returns, yet draw the line when Sanji becomes a human Flambé?
Either they have selective memory or are self-contradicting themselves

Last edited by Homura7; 2011-11-19 at 11:05.
Old 2011-11-19, 12:31   Link #71
yakumo-chan

Sorry Sanji's new move to me doesn't make much sense to me,
just when did Sanji became a human torch?
I can understand Diable Jamble, but his whole body on fire?
Isnt he supposed to get hurt from the fire since he isnt a logia?

Also, he is a Kick Master, Not a Flame Master

Last edited by yakumo-chan; 2011-11-19 at 12:43.
Old 2011-11-19, 13:14   Link #72
Nefertari
Shion Eliphas Levi

Quote:
Yeah, and Sanji isn't the only one we've seen set himself on fire. There was also that Pearl guy in the Baratie arc and Boa Marigold in Amazon Lily. Neither of them recieved damage from being set on fire either, if anything it has to be some technique.
Old 2011-11-19, 15:46   Link #73
Meloria

I don't have a problem with Sanji going on fire. He is a chef primarily and chefs use heat for cooking. When we consider the names of his attacks, he has technically been 'preparing' and 'cooking up' his opponents all this time. Now after the time skip, he is just turning up the heat for an additional compliment to his moves. I simply see it as a fun nudge toward his profession and his fustrating 2 years of hell is simply the spark which lights the flame.
Old 2011-11-19, 18:11   Link #74
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
When did things in OP have to make sense?
Old 2011-11-19, 22:03   Link #75
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
just when did Sanji became a human torch?
I can understand Diable Jamble, but his whole body on fire?
Isnt he supposed to get hurt from the fire since he isnt a logia?

Also, he is a Kick Master, Not a Flame Master
He is not a kick master, he is a master chef, everything he does is for the sake of cooking, including kicking.

He kicks because he doesn't want to use his hands which are meant for cooking. And using flames is natural to a chef, he himself has stated it many times which led to the development of Diablo Jambe, a move that represents his burning passion and the flames used by a chef. He did not set himself on fire, the flames come from himself.

It makes full sense and is natural to his character development, the logic also stays within the limits of the One Piece Universe.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2011-11-19, 22:11   Link #76
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Sanji's new move was a bit of a facepalm.. might of been the worst out of all the Straw Hat crew, but watevers though. Hopefully he'll have something more cool in the future to make up for it lol.

Though one of his best fights was when he DID use his hands. Hope you guys didn't forget about his fight with that ramen guy in the CP9 arc :P
Old 2011-11-19, 22:32   Link #77
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
But it would make sense if her got it from a piece of fruit?
Old 2011-11-20, 08:45   Link #78
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Awesome fight, and Chopper dancing was creepy/hilarious. And the one who shone the most in this chapter (for me) was Brook, even with Franky's "shining" laser beams, I'd give it to Brook.
Old 2011-11-20, 16:35   Link #79
noktown

I think the whole Sanji burning thing is just to show to what level they developed and mastered their old skills,when they get to the new world,newer techniques/ace moves will most likely be introduced.

I mean they're just beating some noobs with these attacks,I'm pretty sure they would have been fine without using any of those "before the time-skip ace moves(slightly improved)" to take them down.
Old 2011-11-21, 16:20   Link #80
marvelB

So in case anyone asks, yes there will be a chapter this week (in fact, I wouldn't expect there to be a break until the usual one SJ takes near the end of the year). Expect to see the new thread to pop up late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning as always.
Closed Thread