AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-08-17, 00:35   Link #5921
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Going back to the main topic: does anyone has news on the next manga chapters?
The magazine "joker" is always released on the 22nd of everymonth, then you need time to allow someone to put it on he net so probobly around this time next week. And the wait is gettin to me dude. I thought I got anxious when esdeath realized tatsumi was in night raid but now? Oh boy... Over three years I've been wanting them to get together and any possibility hands on the next chapter... Damn mine! She's cool and all but I can't forgive her for breaking esdeaths heart!
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 05:27   Link #5922
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
Leone doesn't have nearly enough emotional impact at this arc to be killed off, when someone gets killed off there is a certain emotional build up to it.

While it would be sad, Leone's death just wouldn't impact the character development or have any form of plot development or any real development period.

Her death would be killing someone off for the sake of killing someone off without any of the usual buildup, for instance Susanoo viewing the others as friends, Chelsea softening up and falling in love with Tatsumi, Braht becoming Tatsumi's older brother figure, and Schere helping Tatsumi through his grief.

Also the characters killed off always take center stage for the arc.

I don't think Leone will be killed off this arc, or at least in the near future of this arc.

Really I have Lubbock, Mein, and Najenda on my possibilities list, all three have gotten emotional development that would cause a impact with the others.

For example:

Mein is Tatsumi's girlfriend and there is the usual emotional turmoil of the loss of someone you love, not to mention if she is killed while trying to rescue Tatsumi or as a result of him mentioning being in love with someone else to Esdeath, that would lead to guilt.

Lubbock is in love with Najenda and she finally knows, and he is getting close to confessing, and he is recently being tortured while being led to hate Tatsumi, also if he was killed then Tatsumi would feel guilt since the trap was meant for him alone, and while unlikely this could lead to Najenda being angry at him.

Najenda, is now aware of Lubbock's feelings for her, is having problems from overusing the Susanoo trump card, and as leader of the team, her death would impact the team's structure forcing Akame to take leadership, and if killed during the rescue then Lubbock may hate Tatsumi since the trap was meant to capture Tatsumi.

And all three are at the center of this arc.
Maybe. it just seems like Leone has been in the background too much, is falling and collapsing even more. besides digging the tunnel that lead to borgis (or whoever the dead dude is) she hasent done too much. She also did not keep up the pace iwth Tatsumi which is a shame i reckon.

but its because her death would not have too much potential that she seems expendable. especially is night raid were to collapse. but then i reckon she is 3rd likely to survive (behind akame and tatsumi)

and, whoa, mind reader alert! i also feel like those three (rubboc, mein and najenda) are also likely to die if anyone had to.

i dont feel like night raid is exactly essential for the story. it they were to be destroyed, then the story would indeed make a darker turn and also put the revolution on hold since they were the key to the whole thing by assassinating the prime minister. that way the story is prolonged.

The title of the last chapter 'kill the love' has me concerned and anxious. does it mean esdeath will no longer love tatsumi despite her love for tatsumi being on the side of the story for years now (in our time, not the story), despite saying she would accept no one else and all the evidence that she is too in love to just quit despite him being with someone else? does it mean that Mein will be killed soon (hopefully by wild hunt so esdeath can still have a chance with tatsumi)

or, and i think this could happen: Rubbocs love for Najenda dies as he gets tortured, jealous of Tatsumi always getting the girls, and his torture stops him from logical thinking.

thats what i'd prefer. the titles usually state what is attacked or dies during the actual chapter. its either esdeaths love, or rubbocs. both have been fully commited for ages (esdeath more though) both would do anything to increase their chances and both are in a state right now where they could turn their back on such a thing. but esdeath has changed to the point that her love would be a waste to have it all just make her vulnerable for attacks (especially since people want her and tatsumi for years now) and the empire already has most of the advantages so her leaving them would even the odds some.

also, Rubboc still peeks at other women so while he is dedicated in his love, he is not on the same level as esdeath. and he hardly ever gets praised for his troubles either. whats more, his betrayal would lead wild hunt to night raid, and make use of the army that the pms son has, and make the story make a dark turn.

i doubt both loves would die. it would just plain suck if it did. and as agood as akame ga kill is in whole, many are invested mainly for esdeathxtatsumi. at least thats what i've seen on most forums.
Old 2014-08-17, 05:35   Link #5923
Tenzen12

To be honest I do think Leone had enough exposure with (and after) that failed raid and I also think we didn't hear last time about her battle abilities either.

Anyway We saw very little of her in action so I can imagine she just getting understimated by readers. I can't remember, when did she fought with any Teigu user who wasn't Esdeath or Wave?
Old 2014-08-17, 05:56   Link #5924
Kiltias

Bors.She destroyed his Teigu despite the loss of her arm.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 06:28   Link #5925
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
Bors.She destroyed his Teigu despite the loss of her arm.
nice!

still, she needs some solo work.
Old 2014-08-17, 08:55   Link #5926
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice View Post
nice!

still, she needs some solo work.
Leone just needs to avoid fighting top tier fighters and she will be ok. She nearly lost her life fighting Kurome and Esdese before. If the next person she she battles with is Wave or Jizou, she will be done for.
Old 2014-08-17, 09:12   Link #5927
Tenzen12

I think Jizou would be good match to prove her worth actualy.
Old 2014-08-17, 10:04   Link #5928
Kiltias

So according to /a/:
The Guidebook supposedly confirms that Izou's sword is not a Teigu.
Old 2014-08-17, 10:06   Link #5929
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
So according to /a/:
The Guidebook supposedly confirms that Izou's sword is not a Teigu.
which sword?
Old 2014-08-17, 10:24   Link #5930
Kiltias

They cut out Spears face in the Broadcast.

Gonna wait and see for CR.
Old 2014-08-17, 10:56   Link #5931
ShiryuMask

About the title of the chapter "Kill the Love", we can't be sure what it mean. While the first things that come to people mind, after read the title, is Esdeath and Lubbock love toward the one they like, you need to remember that "Love"have many meanings.

Love is not just toward someone of the opposite sex, someone that may become your Girlfriend / boyfriend, but also a comrade, a friend, a family member and so on. There is also the love toward an ideal or cause. What I try to say is: there is the chance that the title mean more that the kind of "love" that we think.
Old 2014-08-17, 10:58   Link #5932
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiryuMask View Post
About the title of the chapter "Kill the Love", we can't be sure what it mean. While the first things that come to people mind, after read the title, is Esdeath and Lubbock love toward the one they like, you need to remember that "Love"have many significances.

Love is not just toward someone of the opposite sex, someone that may become your Girlfriend / boyfriend, but also a comrade, a friend, a family member and so on. There is also the love toward an ideal or cause. What I try to say is: there is the chance that the title mean more that the kind of "love" that we think.
I'm starting to accept that Kill is just a prefix title before every chapter and has nothing to do with whether something gets killed or not.

There was a chapter called Kill the Disaster recently for example. Needless to say, the disaster was well and alive the whole time.

The love is Esdeath's infatuation with Tatsumi. It's definitely not Philo or Agape love.
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 11:05   Link #5933
ShiryuMask

@crunchytaco I agree with you.

I just find strange that people think that the "love" in the title as to be the romantic one, and that they never thought another meaning behind.
Old 2014-08-17, 11:08   Link #5934
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiryuMask View Post
@crunchytaco I agree with you.

I just find strange that people think that the "love" in the title as to be the romantic one, and that they never thought another meaning behind.
That picture of Akame BTW always makes me think she's playing a Violin.
Old 2014-08-17, 11:19   Link #5935
ShiryuMask

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchytaco View Post
That picture of Akame BTW always makes me think she's playing a Violin.
You too? To be honest I thought the same thing when I saw it.

For some reason I just love this pic, like the one in which she smile(your avatar).

Anyway, on another topic, I'm the only one really curious to know what they will do with Tatsumi and Lubbock teigu?

We talked about what will be Esdeath reaction next chapter and even about what Lubbock will do. But we really don't touch this other topic. I mean, I can't see the Empire have those Teigu and no use them in some way, during this arc.
Old 2014-08-17, 11:27   Link #5936
Kiltias

Sheele Bonus Manga as Special in the BD's.
Old 2014-08-17, 12:11   Link #5937
That_one_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice View Post
Same. This wait is killing me. Even if all the evidence in the story says it spossible for her to be with tatsumi or change for tatsumi, and that mein could be bumped soon (maybe) to make way, the wait is still drilling into me to see if it will happen. On another note taco-San, on another forum you said it was a mistranslation someone made from the data book that said mein was the authors favourite. While saying it is a mistranslation is good and all, what about esdeaths bio where it says "evil is evil". Was that a mistranslation too? Or does the whole sentence have a different meaning from her having complete evilness? Because if evil is evil, then I would say she is not evil but cold in her views and excessive as a general
Regardless of your view there is a perception and 'idea' of a person, Esdeath in this scenario, that the author wanted to portray- whether it was a really ambiguous Esdeath where anyone can make any number of observational truths about her or that she's the quintessential devil- charming but evil at the core.

While I'm inclined to judge most of the interactions within the story on the premise of Esdeath being that charming person who is evil despite it, and people wanting to feel sympathetic to her cause or as a person, I do think that she serves as an example of the weakness of humanity if the author was trying to highlight it- you can come up with reasons to 'defend' her. People will be sympathetic towards others even if they don't deserve it. This could be something as simple as "if the person is showing a good side" or it could be something inherent in humanity, where people even feel sorry for serial killers because of their past or lack of humanity, or other reasons.

In defense of Esdeath or the case of confusion and tugging at heart strings, I think it was practically word for word, but the anime reminded me of an earlier chapter where Esdeath was talking about her newfound pursuit of happiness- being love. In reference, she said "Oh, so this is animal instinct, too"

It is not far fetched to say Esdeath doesn't view what she's doing as wrong at all, because if the other interactions of her weren't enough, that served as a clue to what her views are. She seems to think in a very primal manner, dog eat dog world, therefor nothing she does is wrong, it's just natural.

Personally, I don't mind someone being sadistic, and I don't mind someone that enjoys killing, (call me crazy) because they're traits, but like anything else, if you act on those, specifically against the will of other people, then everyone would say it's wrong.

For me I don't have many things that bother me to a large degree, there's mostly just two, one is cannibalism, and the other is torturing people to death. That degree of extremism is probably a duality within Esdeath, too. The author could have made Esdeath any number of things, but he chose torturing people to death, and enjoying it as Esdeath being Esdeath. All the while having a soft spot for Tatsumi's smile. I'm not quite sure what that means. Maybe the author is saying Esdeath is a sophisticated beast, she dresses up nice, clean, talks proper, but her ethos is very primal and outdated, possibly even susceptible to persuasion on circumstance to being changed. I don't know what the author is trying to say, if he is trying to say something.
That_one_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 12:29   Link #5938
Tenzen12

While I do agree with most your post, I can't when it comes to "evil to core". As you said she acts in very primal way, she just little more "evil" than white shark or crocodile. She does inheritently commit evil and thus I do think she can be classified as evil herself. But when someones say evil to core someone along lines of PM come to my mind first instead.

Well I don't think she can be redeemed or turn 180 degrees and became good person (and suddenly start dislike torturing people) especialy as it's go against her insticts . Actualy if she did Esdeath would lost lot of her charm.
Old 2014-08-17, 12:57   Link #5939
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
While I do agree with most your post, I can't when it comes to "evil to core". As you said she acts in very primal way, she just little more "evil" than white shark or crocodile. She does inheritently commit evil and thus I do think she can be classified as evil herself. But when someones say evil to core someone along lines of PM come to my mind first instead.

Well I don't think she can be redeemed or turn 180 degrees and became good person (and suddenly start dislike torturing people) especialy as it's go against her insticts . Actualy if she did Esdeath would lost lot of her charm.

For discussion sake, what do you think is the difference between the PM's evil and Esdeath's evil?

Can a white shark even be called evil? And what is evil?

The idea of Good and Evil has a religious connotation behind it and goes back to original sin in the Bible. Can Biblical standards even be applied to the world of AGK?
Old 2014-08-17, 13:13   Link #5940
Kiltias

Holy shit.
If the Anime keeps up that pace we might be able to get to Mine's confession after all.

Episode 7 - Chapter 13 in the Manga.

EDIT:
Can we talk about something different than Esdeath for once?
It's like 90% of posts lately seem to be about her.

Last edited by Kiltias; 2014-08-17 at 13:35.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!