AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-08-18, 10:52   Link #5961
ShiryuMask

A timeskip it is possible with how things are going.

I get the feelings(and I think someone already say something along those lines)that after this arc, NR will be no more and whoever survive this arc, will create a new group. I see a timeskip of a few years and the new group that tries to do what Nr was unable to accomplish.
Old 2014-08-18, 10:52   Link #5962
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
1) I am pretty sure Mine will survive until very end. Actually ad I said before I find more likely that Tatsumi might die than herself...

2) That 1st law is total bulls**t

3) Because Mine survive, there is not chance for Esdeath no metter how great character she is. Well I am sure if she were able in the end somehow accept these two she wouldn't mind to became lover at least.
I agree Mine will be able to get out alive. She will be the last member of the NR and she will raise her child with Tatsumi while hiding from the empire's forces. Many years later, that child will grow up and fight the empire to avenge his father. Eventually, he will face Esdese and her masked servant, the owner of the Incursio...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
Cant we settle with having Tatsumi as the next Emperror and having a harem?

Btw, anyone knows if anything for AGK was released on Comiket (C86) ?
No, because monarchy is the source of all evil. To create a better country, they must try something new, like democracy or theocracy.
Old 2014-08-18, 10:53   Link #5963
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
Cant we settle with having Tatsumi as the next Emperror and having a harem?

Btw, anyone knows if anything for AGK was released on Comiket (C86) ?
I think the Emperor may remain the same but maybe traumatized after learning the truth. Budou will not let any harm come to the Emperor that's for sure.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 10:56   Link #5964
NeutralZero

Harem/harem end in this series?
even though we like that genre... no...
it is impossible since...
the first to fall far him is possesive
same goes for Mine...
First one alone warrants a death penalty or guide to the torture chamber to those who try to make a move on him
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 10:56   Link #5965
nfsac

I hope some material from C86 Esdeth, Akame, Mine, Sheele...
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 10:57   Link #5966
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchytaco View Post

That's pretty rude Tenzen. It's about as bullshit when it's been about as true as gravity on these forums. Or were you just trying to be edgy there?
Actualy I was trying to be hypocritical to prove your point...
Old 2014-08-18, 11:04   Link #5967
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Actualy I was trying to be hypocritical to prove your point...
Well looks like my sarcasm detector needs to be upgraded
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 11:06   Link #5968
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiryuMask View Post
A timeskip it is possible with how things are going.

I get the feelings(and I think someone already say something along those lines)that after this arc, NR will be no more and whoever survive this arc, will create a new group. I see a timeskip of a few years and the new group that tries to do what Nr was unable to accomplish.
That wouldn't surprise me, and it would certainly fit in with the feeling of the manga.

Question is how many members would survive?
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 11:20   Link #5969
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
That wouldn't surprise me, and it would certainly fit in with the feeling of the manga.

Question is how many members would survive?
Akame and Leone.

Some people mentioned Leone hadn't had any significant parts of the story yet and killing her right now would be pointless. Makes sense.

It's the same with Akame which is the reason why I think the author has made her so low key. That and she's the titular character.

Tatsumi for obvious reasons, though I wouldn't discount him dying a heroes death by the end.
Old 2014-08-18, 12:37   Link #5970
Kiltias

Of course Leone didn't have a significant part yet, it's still to come and most likely very soon.

Been made clear since early on of the story how Leone is gonna have something big with Esdeath coming up.

We're told how Leone wants to take out Esdeath herself.
When she kept an eye out on her though, we saw how Leone backed off immediately.

Then of course, is the scene in the Church, Leone finally clashes with Esdeath but ends up brutalized.

And in the aftermath of that, Leone made that promised to repay Tatsumi for saving him from her.

Meanwhile, Esdeath found out about Tatsumis unknown (to her) Lover.

/Shrug
Leone's big moment and significant part of the story is gonna be saving Mine by sacrificing herself.
Poetically as well, pretending she's Tatsumis lover yet every word being honest that she loves him, that's where her "Marking" comes back in and how Tatsumi will be hers when he'll become a good man, which by the way, was implied few chapters in a convo between the two.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 12:42   Link #5971
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
Of course Leone didn't have a significant part yet, it's still to come and most likely very soon.

Been made clear since early on of the story how Leone is gonna have something big with Esdeath coming up.

We're told how Leone wants to take out Esdeath herself.
When she kept an eye out on her though, we saw how Leone backed off immediately.

Then of course, is the scene in the Church, Leone finally clashes with Esdeath but ends up brutalized.

And in the aftermath of that, Leone made that promised to repay Tatsumi for saving him from her.

Meanwhile, Esdeath found out about Tatsumis unknown (to her) Lover.

/Shrug
Leone's big moment and significant part of the story is gonna be saving Mine by sacrificing herself.
Poetically as well, pretending she's Tatsumis lover yet every word being honest that she loves him, that's where her "Marking" comes back in and how Tatsumi will be hers when he'll become a good man, which by the way, was implied few chapters in a convo between the two.
That wouldn't really make any sense, Esdeath wants to torture them all to death anyway, even if she thought Leone was the one Tatsumi was in love with, if she is in a situation where she is in a room with both Leone and Mein then she will simply freeze time and grab both.

Or Leone would simply grab Mein and make a run for it, Susanoo already did the hold off Esdeath thing for the whole team, having Leone do it would be repetitive.

Edit: And Leone dying just to support a pairing would be a dumb way to go, this isn't a romance manga.
Old 2014-08-18, 12:51   Link #5972
Kiltias

Quote:
That wouldn't really make any sense, Esdeath wants to torture them all to death anyway, even if she thought Leone was the one Tatsumi was in love with, if she is in a situation where she is in a room with both Leone and Mein then she will simply freeze time and grab both.

Or Leone would simply grab Mein and make a run for it, Susanoo already did the hold off Esdeath thing for the whole team, having Leone do it would be repetitive.

Edit: And Leone dying just to support a pairing would be a dumb way to go, this isn't a romance manga.

Sometimes....I really wonder why I even post here when people don't even read what I write.
Not gonna repeat myself, everything you said is "countered" in my post.Especially the bolded.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 12:52   Link #5973
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
Sometimes....I really wonder why I even post here when people don't even read what I write.
Not gonna repeat myself, everything you said is "countered" in my post.Especially the bolded.

No it didn't, why would Leone have to pretend she is Tatsumi's lover when if one of them can get away, she is fast enough to grab Mein and make a run for it.

Esdeath can freeze time and she isn't stupid, if she is in a position she can get one of them than she can get both of them.

Last edited by Solace; 2014-08-21 at 07:55. Reason: Removed quote.
Old 2014-08-18, 12:59   Link #5974
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Leone reminds me of Fuji-nee san and Yoko Littner, the Onee-san types that are essential as the platonic connection for the protagonist. They usually get into trouble all the time, but they never actually die.
Old 2014-08-18, 13:03   Link #5975
saw2097

Quote:
Leone reminds me of Fuji-nee san and Yoko Littner, the Onee-san types that are essential as the platonic connection for the protagonist. They usually get into trouble all the time, but they never actually die.
Yeah same here, I am pretty confident she will survive to the final arc at least.

She will probably just get really nasty injuries until then, the author can do a lot with her healing ability.

Also she is the primary source of comic relief, killing her off would strip the author of a way to cool down the manga after a dark moment.
Old 2014-08-18, 13:06   Link #5976
That_one_guy

The reason the Mine x Tatsumi relationship felt forced to me was that there wasn't much affection displayed by either before they got into a relationship. It was "KEEP PEELING THOSE CUCUMBERS OR WHATEVER, THOUGH, LOLOLOLOLOLOL" being enthusiastic as anything, sure, teasing 'can' show attraction but teasing isn't limited to being attracted to someone else either

Someone mentioned earlier that the relationship felt casual and I'm inclined to agree. Tatsumi saved her and apparently she saw him in a different light, she was nervous, nudged him and he went for it, seems to be falling for her now. It was pretty casual- and I wasn't expecting it at all, and I didn't like it to begin with. I don't like the head over heels obsession 'love' either, because that's not love, love at first sight is impossible, you can have an obsession or a strong attraction or whatnot with someone at first sight but more often than not, it's lust at first sight, love is something that takes time to develop. I don't like the 'love at first sight' thing, it's something media/society is only starting to recently refrain from, I think that's just society trying to inject deeper meaning into something and it's really artificial to me, but I was still surprised by Mine being 'the one'. I was expecting it to be someone else because there wasn't any clue beforehand except a few chapters where Mine is beating around the bush after being saved and then Tatsumi is all "Oh okay, yeah, why not?"

As for Akame, I don't know what she actually wants as a person, if she wants someone that she has that deep relationship with or not. Part of me says she doesn't, especially in her line of work, she'd be in a state beyond broken if she lost someone that she cared for to a magnitude more than Sheele, but she also is attached to people despite being that 'stone faced killer' so maybe she really does long to be with someone, and she's either stopping herself, or she doesn't want it.

I don't like Budou either. Seems like an arrogant lord / shogun or something, "I'll protect the empire" even though he's weaker than Esdeath and hit Tatsumi with his Teigu but didn't kill him

weak

Quote:

I can see it happening, If Esdeath goes lover rage on NR and the 'girlfriend' steps forth, Esdeath might be so mad and prepared to strike down the woman Tatsumi is with that Esdeath avoids her regular torture games just to ensure the kill faster.

On a side note, does anyone expect multiple teigus to become a balance factor or possibility in the future?

It was mentioned that wielding one alone requires a lot of power (and focus?) but I was wondering if it would come into play at all, wielding two or more teigus- probably just two. I was thinking that Esdeath would be powerful enough, but she's already fighting the beast that she fully drank so she probably has her hands full in terms of not turning into something with no free will, then I thought about Tatsumi. At the end of it all or near it, Tatsumi could be the second strongest person in the world to Esdeath, rival Esdeath or even be stronger, while not having to deal with a beast trying to overtake his mind, and his teigu does have evolution, maybe one of the evolutions was or will be the ability to handle a certain type of teigu as well, or more teigu in general. Thoughts?
That_one_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 13:20   Link #5977
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_one_guy View Post
I don't like Budou either. Seems like an arrogant lord / shogun or something, "I'll protect the empire" even though he's weaker than Esdeath and hit Tatsumi with his Teigu but didn't kill him

weak
Please restrain from talking things you can't be sure about. It didn't a killing blow, Budou clearly wanted to capture Tatsumi instead of killing him to obtain more information about the NR, or else he would have continued to strike Tatsumi after he fell unconscious. I's like to keep saying Budou and Esdese are equal until we have further information. And if you want to talk about their attack's power, just 1 hit from Budou could completely disarm Tatsumi while Esdese couldn't when they fought before.
Old 2014-08-18, 13:31   Link #5978
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Please restrain from talking things you can't be sure about. It didn't a killing blow, Budou clearly wanted to capture Tatsumi instead of killing him to obtain more information about the NR, or else he would have continued to strike Tatsumi after he fell unconscious. I's like to keep saying Budou and Esdese are equal until we have further information. And if you want to talk about their attack's power, just 1 hit from Budou could completely disarm Tatsumi while Esdese couldn't when they fought before.
I don't think the Manga's ever said they were equal. If anything, it's been repeatedly beat into our heads that Esdeath is the strongest. There was even a whole intro page before a chapter where the author writes, "Strongest, and Most Beautiful."

Until evidence proves otherwise, we should assume she is.
Old 2014-08-18, 13:44   Link #5979
Shungin12

okay I think I figured out the pacing so far for the anime

if they stay at 3 ep. per volume

if ep8=ch.13 14
3 eps.=ch. 15-19
count:11 ep..
ch. 20-23= 3 ep.[/B]
count:14 eps.
ch.24-28=3 ep.
count: 17
ch. 29-33=3 ep.
count:20 eps.
ch.34-38= 3 ep.
count:23ep.
last ep.(24) is free which leaves me to believe they may try to go to ch. 43

if they're trying to get to ch.43 u going to have 2 rushed eps.
if ep. 8=ch. 13 14
ch. 15-19=3 ep
count: 11 eps.
rush part ch. 20-23 =2 eps.
Count: 13eps.
rush part again ch. 24-28= 2 eps.
count: 15 eps.
ch. 29-33=3 eps.
count:18 eps.
ch. 34-38= 3 eps.
count: 21
ch. 39-43=3eps.
Ep. count: 24

I didn't count the special chapters/ 33.5 and 23.5 because I dont think those chapters will get animated
Shungin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 13:48   Link #5980
Nice

Quote:
I don't think the Manga's ever said they were equal. If anything, it's been repeatedly beat into our heads that Esdeath is the strongest. There was even a whole intro page before a chapter where the author writes, "Strongest, and Most Beautiful."

Until evidence proves otherwise, we should assume she is.
actually, it has been stated a few times that budo is Esdeaths equal. she even said that his army is the only one that can counter her own.

As for Esdeath, i just see it as a waste for all her development (however slight until now) for people to just cast her aside too easily. i get the feeling (or hope) that if ther is a time skip, she will be the one who trains tatsumi. there is too much evidence to suggest that she will just let this be, but whether that means going ape or changing (drastically) remains to be seen (but hopefull)

as for Mien, something is definitely going to happen and perhaps her death may push Tatsumi to the edge and make him more devoted to changing of the country (along with any other death) but honestly, besides being Tatsumi's girl friend, it feels like she does not have any more use. i think her death would set a very dark tone for the story, but if she lived, then something more tragic would have to happen to the rest of night raid besides their deaths, like chelsea, but slow and shown instead of skipped ahead.

If there was a timeskip, the PM had better have some way of prolonging his life. perhaps the danger beasts that stylish was experiencing on and the little girls alchemy will give him some sort of advantage in this area? his son is not likely to succeed him (i think) since he seems more of a brute than a politcal minded folk.

Leone has had a few decent parts here and there, such as the fight with stylish and Bors. she still needs to be more prominant, but i agree with the whole platonic nee-san type thing. unless tatsumi grows like 2 feet, its gonna make him seem like a midgit in comparison.

i agree, it isn't a romance manga. but many read it solely to see esdeathXtatsumi development, so romance does have something to do with it. And yea, dying may be a stupid way to ensure a pairing but many hope and see that with mien, and chelsea dying, while not ensuring mien, sure did help it since she did not act on her feelings.

Budo's only concern is protecting the palace and the emperor. that is his duty. he did not kill tatsumi to interrogate him, he could care less, thats why he just left him.
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!