Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-10-04, 10:35   Link #8361
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
The thing is, the other four members' absence from the group that voted Azami in is not necessarily an indicator that they would support ousting him either. The entire significance of the Elite 10 coming together like that was because up until that point they were all divided by their own individual interests. Without a potential benefit or loss to them personally they have no real reason to throw in on Senzaemon's side. Isshiki may be another matter, but right now the others are still total wildcards.
Not really. Isshiki and Erina are definitely against.

Yugi is also inside, considering his body language.

Ramen, being the sole 3rd year not to vote for Azami, gives you an indication of his allegiance.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 11:53   Link #8362
M.A.D

Is it just me or this development is even more forced than Erina suddenly having a dark and edgy background? I mean, all the cool kids are hanging around the Polar Star dorm, so she'd be pulled there eventually, but it gives the impression that the point of this entire arc is somehow to get Erina to live in the same house as Souma. I have no doubt that when the arc is over, Erina wouldn't be returning to her mansion, but instead somehow started living in the dorm, probably with Hishoko, and maybe even Alice and that other guy would inexplicably show up from time to time, too.

Anyway, now that she has safely arrived at Polar Star, things are probably gonna be in a balanced status quo, albeit only temporarily. What we don't know is how reliable the Polar Star dorm can be as protection for Erina against the Head of Tootsuki and his minions. From what the old lady mentioned, it seemed that PS used to operate independently 30 years ago, but it's unclear to what extent is PS's independence. It might be simply be a forgotten and unmanaged building of Tootsuki's, or it could be something excluded from Tootsuki's ownership, having been won over in Shokugekis by Gin or Jouichiro. In both cases, it's obviously only a matter of time before Erina's dad find out where she's hiding, but what he does next would be vastly different based on PSd's territorial situation.

IMO, it's very possible that Gin and Jouichiro, having once held the 1st and 2nd seat of the Countil of Elite 10, might have actually won some land from Tootsuki itself, which is now under the complete authority of Fumio-san. Since Tootsuki has neither ownership nor legal rights in management of that land, Erina would be safe from direct inverventions, and the story would advance with Azami sending minions in one after another to do battles with Souma and Co.

If the Polar Star dorm is still part of Tootsuki's ownership, then the story would advance with more direct confrontations. Probably, the management rights is still with Fumio-san's, but Azami could threaten to close the whole place, leading to Souma challenging him directly to something or other challenges, and so on.

"If thou find thy neighbor trying to touch thy loli, thine right for crotch related violence is justified. Thou dost unleash upon those foolish lot thy righteous fury.

If in which the unlucky knaves miss death's sweet release, upon the males, a change of fate shall befall them. For they shall become "man-woman", harbingers of doom & fashionable clothing tastes."

--From the Book of Haulia
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 12:06   Link #8363
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
Is it just me or this development is even more forced than Erina suddenly having a dark and edgy background? I mean, all the cool kids are hanging around the Polar Star dorm, so she'd be pulled there eventually, but it gives the impression that the point of this entire arc is somehow to get Erina to live in the same house as Souma. I have no doubt that when the arc is over, Erina wouldn't be returning to her mansion, but instead somehow started living in the dorm, probably with Hishoko, and maybe even Alice and that other guy would inexplicably show up from time to time, too.

Anyway, now that she has safely arrived at Polar Star, things are probably gonna be in a balanced status quo, albeit only temporarily. What we don't know is how reliable the Polar Star dorm can be as protection for Erina against the Head of Tootsuki and his minions. From what the old lady mentioned, it seemed that PS used to operate independently 30 years ago, but it's unclear to what extent is PS's independence. It might be simply be a forgotten and unmanaged building of Tootsuki's, or it could be something excluded from Tootsuki's ownership, having been won over in Shokugekis by Gin or Jouichiro. In both cases, it's obviously only a matter of time before Erina's dad find out where she's hiding, but what he does next would be vastly different based on PSd's territorial situation.

IMO, it's very possible that Gin and Jouichiro, having once held the 1st and 2nd seat of the Countil of Elite 10, might have actually won some land from Tootsuki itself, which is now under the complete authority of Fumio-san. Since Tootsuki has neither ownership nor legal rights in management of that land, Erina would be safe from direct inverventions, and the story would advance with Azami sending minions in one after another to do battles with Souma and Co.

If the Polar Star dorm is still part of Tootsuki's ownership, then the story would advance with more direct confrontations. Probably, the management rights is still with Fumio-san's, but Azami could threaten to close the whole place, leading to Souma challenging him directly to something or other challenges, and so on.
Nah, they have their own mansions to return to; no reason to move to the far less luxurious PSD.

I think you're overthinking things a bit too much there; just a simple "NO" from Erina would suffice.

Azami can't do **** once it comes to that.
Old 2015-10-04, 12:16   Link #8364
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY.Gangnam View Post
Nah, they have their own mansions to return to; no reason to move to the far less luxurious PSD.

I think you're overthinking things a bit too much there; just a simple "NO" from Erina would suffice.

Azami can't do **** once it comes to that.
He can always threaten to expel her. It seems fairly clear that he doesn't give much weight to any education method other than his own. Whether she remains a student at the school wouldn't matter to him. Of course, they both stand to lose from that action, but the price for Erina is far steeper.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 12:24   Link #8365
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
He can always threaten to expel her. It seems fairly clear that he doesn't give much weight to any education method other than his own. Whether she remains a student at the school wouldn't matter to him. Of course, they both stand to lose from that action, but the price for Erina is far steeper.
I really don't see it going that direction.

All this arc needs is Erina's defiance, and then a mass Shokugeki among the E10.

We'll see.
Old 2015-10-04, 12:27   Link #8366
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
It's not just you, anyone who isn't Erina's sympathizer probably feels the same way.

But anyway, about where she should stay, Erina's still a minor, right? Who's her legal guardian now?
Old 2015-10-04, 12:32   Link #8367
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I hope you're right about Jou/Gin/Sen having some plan that Isshiki is in on. That, and Erina learning to say "NO" to Azami. Either of the two things happening would be good, but it's even better if they both happen.
For Isshiki's case, he'd probably be the one to convince those who are sitting on the fence to come over to Sen's side (most likely to be Ramen).

Interestingly, should any of the 6 defectors learn of Azami's treatment of Erina in the past, that could cause a massive swing in their votes.

Of course, the first and most important step would be to "man up" Erina, and not allow her to be a total ***** in front of her father.

Achieve that, and half the battle will be won.
Old 2015-10-04, 18:21   Link #8368
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Polar Star Dorm is once considered an independent country.

Looks like the rebellion will begin there...

Hopefully the one at the base would be:
Takumi, Erina, Hisako, Subaru... and many others.
Old 2015-10-04, 19:27   Link #8369
Calca
Expressionless

Kuga boycotting the meetings was interesting. He'll definitely be a major ally I think.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 00:16   Link #8370
Skaddix

Here is my thing this plan works for now but how is our villain stopping himself from getting outvoted next school year. He only won 6-4 and he got carried by 4 out of 5 Seniors backing him. So next year its 2-3 and if look at our 8 finalist from last time not one of them would vote to back him. Even if he flips his Erina he should still lose 7-3. He didnt even take control at the start of school year so its gotta be at least halfway through freshman year by now. Unless he rewrites the rules or bring him so ringers he has screwed himself. So I assume he is bringing in some ringers there was something about him building a power base in America so maybe that comes back into the plot.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 06:46   Link #8371
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY.Gangnam View Post
For Isshiki's case, he'd probably be the one to convince those who are sitting on the fence to come over to Sen's side (most likely to be Ramen).

Interestingly, should any of the 6 defectors learn of Azami's treatment of Erina in the past, that could cause a massive swing in their votes.

Of course, the first and most important step would be to "man up" Erina, and not allow her to be a total ***** in front of her father.

Achieve that, and half the battle will be won.
I highly doubt the defectors knowing Erina's past will change much.They know perfectly well what kind of b@star9 he is.They will get annoyed though if he abuses his authority,like expelling people randomly without legitimate grounds. By legitimate grounds,I mean failing to meet Tootsuki's ridiculous academic expectations or outright break school rules and go criminal(I am surprised though that Stalker kun isn't expelled,but I guess that's just comedy).
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 07:42   Link #8372
Key Board
Carbon

I think given time Erinadad will phase out any cuisine he does not consider to be gourmet food

I see why the Chinese Cooking Club did not want to support him. Because their cuisine style is for mass consumption.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 10:43   Link #8373
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Kuga boycotting the meetings was interesting. He'll definitely be a major ally I think.
Indeed. Never thought that he is the one who doesn't like what other Elite 10 did on Saezaemon and he is actually showing it thru his action. This guy seems like a true bro.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 11:03   Link #8374
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Indeed. Never thought that he is the one who doesn't like what other Elite 10 did on Saezaemon and he is actually showing it thru his action. This guy seems like a true bro.
From what we can see he was pretty much a Soma with some changes here and there. So yeah, he is a bro.
Old 2015-10-05, 11:07   Link #8375
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Polar Star Dorm is once considered an independent country.

Looks like the rebellion will begin there...

Hopefully the one at the base would be:
Takumi, Erina, Hisako, Subaru... and many others.
Top 3 would be there... Kurokiba is together with Alice, Akira is together with Jun, who was the previous Polar Star residence, and of course Yukihira Souma
Subaru is Yukihira's underling currently.. While Takumi is still going dere dere over Souma
To be honest, a team consist of Isshiki-senpai, Souma, Akira, Kurokiba, Megumi, Hisako, Alice, Subaru, and Erina would be enough to fight other Elite 10
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 13:48   Link #8376
Nicaea

Honestly I feel like this is just a forced way of humanizing Erina. Hojo, Kurokiba have had a worse childhood imo so I'm not really that concerned. I like Souma's response though, it felt quite atypical for the shounen story that Senzaemon was feeding him. I'm more interested in how Souma will close the gap between the E10 and him.

Also, there's a high chance that Azami won't be looking for so long. He knows of the PSD and maybe he was a member too. Fumio said that there was a great number of elite students there back in the day after all.

The E10 won't be that easy to convince. We don't know how much of a peer they consider Erina to be, nor do we know how willing they would be to save her even if they they do acknowledge her as one. They stand nothing to gain from it, even the members who voted against Azami (unless fighting against Azami also incorporated saving Erina, then they might be aboe to be persuaded). The same goes for the top 8: Alice and Hishoko will help because they're connected to Erina, Megumi will want to help because that's just who she is and she recently was helped by Erina, but appart from Kurokiba the others won't move unless Souma does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Here is my thing this plan works for now but how is our villain stopping himself from getting outvoted next school year. He only won 6-4 and he got carried by 4 out of 5 Seniors backing him. So next year its 2-3 and if look at our 8 finalist from last time not one of them would vote to back him. Even if he flips his Erina he should still lose 7-3. He didnt even take control at the start of school year so its gotta be at least halfway through freshman year by now. Unless he rewrites the rules or bring him so ringers he has screwed himself. So I assume he is bringing in some ringers there was something about him building a power base in America so maybe that comes back into the plot.
Simple, he plays out his policies. First he will make Tootsuki stricter and kick more people out. Those who do well get a bit more power and those who do less are just trash. And those who fail get kicked. After that, some students will naturally end up being eligible for the E10, from where he can influence them. Other than that he could always pull some strings and get the students who are the most favorable to him in positions of power.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 15:41   Link #8377
Skaddix

Obviously Erina doesnt have the worse background especially when you consider most of the rich parents we have had flashbacks for have been pretty darn abusive. I dont think Subaru and Mito's Fathers are winning Parent of the Year Awards either. Azami is certainly the most abusive of the bunch. However, I think Akira and Ryo top the list quite handily when it comes to worse backstories before getting saved.

They got 4 out of the top 8 (Alice, Hisako, Ryo, Megumi) at least without Souma doing anything most likely with Souma that jumps to 7 at minimum, only Akira is doubtful and Azami doesnt strike me as a dude who would be all that supportive of people like Jun but who knows they went to school together I guess so maybe the relationship is not as bad as I think.

Interesting I guess but I dont see how said tactics would be likely to eliminate the Top 8 and boost other students. All Azami says is standards are too low well we already had the Judges giving out plenty of low scores. Only like 16 scored above 80 at the promos with according to Azami low standards. So upping standards isnt likely to help him that much. I guess there should be some current second years around who arent good enough to beat Erina but could beat the Top 8 perhaps if Azami isnt bringing in outside talent. He could stack the judges I guess. But I am not sure he can just rewrite the rules if the Council can vote out Headmasters, if they let him change the rules well then they dont have any leverage over Azami to make sure he delivered whatever he promised. And while 3rd Years might be out the door so that it might not matter at all to them cant see that helping the 2nd Years who did vote for him.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 15:48   Link #8378
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Erina is cursed by having a father that loves her too much.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 16:33   Link #8379
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
It's not just you, anyone who isn't Erina's sympathizer probably feels the same way.

But anyway, about where she should stay, Erina's still a minor, right? Who's her legal guardian now?
I'm not sure what you're getting at with your last two questions, but I'm pretty sure her legal guardian is still Senzaemon. It's just that that Azami seems to be disregarding that and just doing whatever the hell he wants.

Anyway, yeah, it seems like Azami won't be able to do any direct confrontations with the Polar Star Dorm if it's still independent from the rest of Tootsuki. Souma noted that it's not on the academy grounds' map that he saw when he first transferred (he mentioned it when he heard that Jouichirou's and Gin's actions had made it completely independent from the rest of Tootsuki).
Old 2015-10-05, 16:42   Link #8380
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Look, with that sig you're sporting I can't help but think you just want to hear what you want.

I've said it a few times already, me and many others. Reread the series from scratch and then, try to say that again with a straight face. If you're still insisting on, then I won't waste my time with you any further. Have a nice day.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, echii, food porn, foodgasm, licensed, school, shounen