AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2021-09-15, 20:48   Link #2961
cyberdemon

Playing through the game again on a different data center, on patch 2.4 they used a voice actor from their new agency for Aymeric in anticipation for the complete shift in heavensward, why didn’t they do so for Ilberd who get his first voice lines in the same patch?
Old 2021-09-15, 23:29   Link #2962
Twi

*Shrug* No clue.

Live letter is coming soon and if you want a Noctis car now's the time to get it.
Old 2021-09-17, 21:59   Link #2963
Twi

Summoners are about to have an orgasm.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I... am so sorry, SCH. They did you so dirty. Don't get Dots from Arcanist that they took from SMN. Don't get Shadowflare. Don't get Selene's stuff. Just a combat Peleton...

And Yoshi-P laughed... why?

Last edited by Twi; 2021-09-18 at 00:55.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 04:00   Link #2964
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Summoners are about to have an orgasm.
OMG.

It's about time. Primal summoning, not just the egi.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 04:22   Link #2965
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

SMN finally getting justice.

On the other hand, SCH still getting shafted.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 04:59   Link #2966
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

> SCH shafted

Not really.

Minimum change means little to no need to adjust your rotation.
Also being the only one offering movement speed boost easily secure them on high-end raids (my friend, a Savage raiders, told me he would kill for that movement speed boost to be implemented now LOL); especially if you look further to how RDM taking direction of defensive buff + AOE centric or melee DPS with all their new extensions.

They're far more on comfortable spot compare to AST, now Pure Healer, need to deal with WHM simplicity (compare to SCH vs Sage that down to advanced course vs beginner course) or DRK who, as far Job Action information goes, just getting new set of skill via Salted Earth also focus to simulacrum to boost their damage compare to other tanks that got their damage skills became more solid (Upheaval not consume Beast Gauge, Renzokuken can be executed after Burst Slash, Paladin stay strong with new damage skills).

PLD, NIN and SMN are the obvious winner here. MNK, BLM, RPR and Sage looks promising considering what they got with the update.
The rest depends on Endwalker boss model; the fact RDM became defensive, SCH allow faster move speed (if not party-wide Huton depends on how it implemented) also BRD and DNC with their unannounced new set of extension made me wonder what kind of boss to need part of it secured. With Magus Sister and Zenos being Reaper, kinda understandable, I guess ...
Old 2021-09-18, 08:10   Link #2967
Twi

SCH didn't get anything back. We just didn't get anything taken from us again. But we didn't get any of the tools we had before Shadowbringers and we only got a single skill that mitigates some damage and increases movement speed? What good is movement speed if you're playing properly aside from acting as a Combat Peleton?

And then they laughed at us when they came up. That was the biggest insult. They took away DPS tools because they wanted healers to heal more and then look at Sage coming in like a Newtype Gundam in human form with funnels and a heal that procs on attacks.

SCH is sandwiched between Sage and Summoner, which both look amazing, making it more clear than ever they're the neglected child.
Old 2021-09-18, 09:01   Link #2968
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I don't get how to ease DPS get one more hit or simply avoiding snapshot is not a powerful ability.
If anything this is the most controversial ability in the showcase because despite YoshiP commenting about how they will tune it down as its so close to making SCH a must have healer, there's also reality that every battle is balanced with thought it clearable with all jobs, so there must be some battle that favor SCH over Sage when it down to actual practice.

Hell, some Savage and Ultimate statics currently analyzing it based on demo Lalafell walking speed to consider it future application (as Dragonsong Ultimate is scheduled to be released by 6.1) because even if it took a Lv. 90 SCH and ended up as weaker Sprint, its still a split second advantages worth to fight for compare to Sage extra DPS. The only "real" argument to this skill is people love to job swap even in high-end content, making the party should aware if SCH present in party or not depends on mechanic while in regular content or unsync this problem easily alleviated.

If your standard of being neglected is not getting flashy wing, I would like to say as SAM main that SAM is neglected too because more Setsugekka is not comparable to DRG light show, MNK now embracing Zell fighting style on top of easy positioning or NIN going full Naruto with Rasen Shuriken and even using Chidori as their gap closer.
Old 2021-09-18, 13:23   Link #2969
Key Board
Carbon

Black mage has medoroa now

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 18:27   Link #2970
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I don't get how to ease DPS get one more hit or simply avoiding snapshot is not a powerful ability.
If anything this is the most controversial ability in the showcase because despite YoshiP commenting about how they will tune it down as its so close to making SCH a must have healer, there's also reality that every battle is balanced with thought it clearable with all jobs, so there must be some battle that favor SCH over Sage when it down to actual practice.

Hell, some Savage and Ultimate statics currently analyzing it based on demo Lalafell walking speed to consider it future application (as Dragonsong Ultimate is scheduled to be released by 6.1) because even if it took a Lv. 90 SCH and ended up as weaker Sprint, its still a split second advantages worth to fight for compare to Sage extra DPS. The only "real" argument to this skill is people love to job swap even in high-end content, making the party should aware if SCH present in party or not depends on mechanic while in regular content or unsync this problem easily alleviated.

If your standard of being neglected is not getting flashy wing, I would like to say as SAM main that SAM is neglected too because more Setsugekka is not comparable to DRG light show, MNK now embracing Zell fighting style on top of easy positioning or NIN going full Naruto with Rasen Shuriken and even using Chidori as their gap closer.
For starters, you have to consider the human component. Not everyone is going to snapshot a perfect use of it and for any raid group that would explicitly plan around said ability, you should also remember this: it's not the predominant feature.

The Peleton is, as they admitted, a fringe benefit of a damage mitigation skill that feels tacked on just so that the Live Letter could have a bullet point. That means two options: either its mandatory for some things, which will make SCHs a "need to bring class" which they can't do because they shaft the Sages in certain raiding events, or it's "nice to have but not necessary" because Sprint exists and Sage can likely offer something far more beneficial with its ability to heal as its damages.

But let's approach it from my point of view. Back when I started the game, SCH had its two faeries that each did individual things. One was primarily healing and one supported, and you picked which was best for the situation such as if you needed to manage the healing while she did the support. It also had additional DPS options and DoT management. I enjoyed it.

Then Shadowbringers happened and I watched my hotbar turn into a graveyard of lost abilities and things that defined the job, from both gameplay and lore perspective. They were not the only job to suffer, Astrologians especially, but as someone who played it, I felt the impact a lot harder.

Now, we get an 18 minute Job Trailer, during which Scholar takes about 40 seconds, and it shows a bunch of abilities we've seen and maybe two we haven't. They don't show that they've given the fae a new ability, or that they've returned anything that was taken, or that they did anything meaningful.

When the time came to talk about it, they said they couldn't think of anything that could improve it and laughed about it. So I considered the issues I had on Scholar, starting with the fact that I have a one-button DPS rotation and the whole purpose of a barrier healer is to prevent the damage in the first place rather than heal. So... what did I lose my other stuff for?

An AoE Esuna would be nice considering if more than one person gets Doom slapped onto them during something like the Void Ark series I'd be able to cleanse them rather than chancing a miss and watching a party member drop to zero. They couldn't roll that back into one of the skills?

Or maybe sort out the delay between ordering Lily to do something and the spell going off? I mean, this is a known issue. That and the fact that Embrace is uncontrollable when a Sage gets to pick someone to get healed when they start shooting a target. We couldn't designate a target Lily to focus on when we don't run the tether?

Or you know how Sage has a ranged AoE rather than Art of War, but they still gave it a Gap Closer and some kind of charge ability on their damaging skills? We can't get something like turning Lily into a pulsing AoE heal using the gauge?

I call it neglected because there were things they could do and they did the bare minimum. SAMs hit hard but they get their buffs via AoE and they can not only use charges but also get a new Iaijutsu on top of everything else you get. What did you see stripped from this class to where you had to hope and pray that it got re-added like Energy Drain?

Astrologians lost not only their original cards but now their entire sects. I can only imagine how they're going to have to rework that job quest. White Mages had plenty of their abilities including an AoE DoT taken from them to where they're just Glare mages and complain about it time and again.

What part of your class lost its identity and you've had to deal with the developers you respected laughing at you?

Last edited by Twi; 2021-09-18 at 18:52.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 21:18   Link #2971
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

You rarely watched Live Letter aren't you?

YoshiP already mentioned long ago that when he said "We can't think anything about it" it means the job iteration already fit with current expansion direction so any change following that will be minimal until next expansion. MNK main live through this for the whole SHB and only understand it when Diamond Weapon ended up put MNK in favorable place compare to other melee DPS.

Did he laugh? Yes, he laughed about it too when answering question with the statement, running a Lalafell MNK too if it held any importance; all while acknowledging how both MNK and SCH ranked below in player satisfaction despite among meta job based on raid data which he affirm as their homework given Endwalker is coming. So if you think you're so special for being laughed you're completely wrong.

If he truly didn't care about it he wouldn't be so quick to reassure SCH action will be available later when Japanese players in Live Chat called how unfair it is for other Healer to get their action detailed while SCH only get mention they will have party movement speed buff as part of damage mitigation. At least, my FC mates called its weird YoshiP and team decided to showcase only movement speed buff when he need to elaborate about how SGE is fast barrier, cd heal while SCH is cd barrier, fast heal. He can opt using what takes hit like AST but decided to glorifying SGE that even RPR looks underwhelming.

No need telling me about what I lose as I dropped DRK from secondary for GNB following SHB changes, what shown hardly convinced me to back into DRK unless new TBN and Salted Earth extension prove me wrong. SAM only lucky its nature is high risk, high reward similar to BLM so it didn't lose many.
Old 2021-09-19, 04:22   Link #2972
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
What part of your class lost its identity and you've had to deal with the developers you respected laughing at you?
He definitely wasn't laughing at players there. It was a self-depreciating laugh realizing how miserly that slide seemed. Keep in mind that although he reviews/approves the changes the team makes, it's not like he personally decides what balance changes each class needs to get. Yet he gets to be the "face" for whatever decision the combat team makes here. From the moment he shared that slide, you could tell from his tone that he realized that scholars would feel neglected, and that's why he started with very couching language and it ended up with that self-depreciating laugh. That's also why at the end of that section he apologized that they didn't have more to share about scholars. He did know how people like you would feel about it, but he had to be the bearer of bad news in that sense.

The real bad news, as far as your lament goes, is that that've decided that they generally liked the way most classes worked in 5.x and are building on that, even though they realize some players preferred the 2.x/3.x/4.x style better. So I think it's pretty doubtful that "the good old days" you preferred are ever coming back.

Maybe some day they'll do a bigger overhaul for scholar, though. They've mentioned repeatedly that they'd like to do away with classes, and they mentioned at the end of the PLL that they are seeing the content post-Endwalker as a sort of "fresh start," so with Summoner going off in a more distinct direction now it seems like it might make sense to revisit it if they're planning to make 7.0 a new "branch point" for starting players.
Old 2021-09-19, 08:21   Link #2973
Twi

And thus all I can do is grieve for the next two-three years for the fallen.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-10-06, 09:19   Link #2974
cyberdemon

Nice to know that they’ve finished the main scenario. Sounds like a likely 2022 release date. They also mentioned that there is an extensive skill tree to choose from.
Old 2021-10-06, 11:23   Link #2975
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Nice to know that theyÂ’ve finished the main scenario. Sounds like a likely 2022 release date. They also mentioned that there is an extensive skill tree to choose from.
That's XVI not XIV

Current news about XIV is leak from planned media tour, so far its Tank and Healer.
Have to say it made me curious about Endwalker battle design as there's a lot of emphasis to AOE and damage mitigation.

PLD got a lot of self-healing to cover the base.
WAR and DRK difference is basically auto vs. manual transmission car.
GNB turned out not only got Seifer's Bloodfest but most likely Squall's Lionheart as well.

Each healers unique single target buff:
WHM : Reduce damage taken.
SCH : Increase target Max HP and recover HP by increased amount + Increase HP Recovery.
AST : Reduce damage taken, heal target at the end of duration.
SGE : Increase HP Recovery.

Barrier check seems to be inevitable too for high-end content.
Old 2021-10-06, 17:17   Link #2976
cyberdemon

Wrong thread lol didn’t notice
Old 2021-11-06, 00:30   Link #2977
cyberdemon

Seems Endwalker has been delayed an extra 2 weeks.
Old 2021-11-06, 03:56   Link #2978
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Sucks but how can you be mad when even Yoshi-P felt like crying giving the news?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-06, 05:20   Link #2979
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Much better than many other devs that decided releasing software hastily is good decision because patch exist.

Coincidentally it helps me managing time for year's end, farming tomes while also learning more about WAR, DRK, NIN and DRG.
My FC also re-evaluating Eureka, Bozja and DRS aside of gathering and crafting part considering HQ mats. or the obvious Coffee Biscuits 'penalty' for Endwalker so its all good.

Old 2021-11-06, 06:57   Link #2980
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You can tell Yoshida was torn between his director and producer roles.
That said, there are 2 issues I have with the way his decision was handled:
1) since his decision was taken so late, he should have announced that change immediately. That of course assume the top brass validated his decision on the date he mentioned (which was stated to be 29 october). Waiting until the PLL was really a bad call since that extra week could help people to adjust their PTO. Moreso that since that PLL was scheduled on a Friday/Saturday, this means that the vast majority of the players who need to adjust their PTO won't be able to do that until next Monday.
2) They should have readjusted the savage raid schedule. I assume a lot of westerners are happy not to raid during holiday, but since eastern countries like Japan don't really celebrate christmas, that period was perfect to plan PTO. I know a good deal of semi hardcore and hardcore JP raiders who are really not pleased by the change because early January is really a bad time (companies usually goes through with accounting etc for the new year).
Since Savage content is not subject to readjustment in this context, releasing it 2 weeks after normal seem to be just sticking to the "routine", which is not exactly a good idea.
Another solution could be simply reducing the gap between launch and normal raid to 1 week, and Savage is then released 1 week after normal.

At the end of the day, it is very unlikely he went yolo with that decision, so it is probably something that was really needed with all things considered. That said, he should have considered being a little bit more flexible with the aforementioned points.

Tags
mmorpg