Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-02-10, 07:44   Link #4801
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
just like what nagi did with the life maker before

it still not clear whether they can affect real world's people. but the hood guy said he'll (and can) send nodoka to the same world as craig/the girl(sasha?). the different thing is he said her body will remain = this mean she would likely be the same as "dead" I suppose?

although the beam didnt affect Yue at all...

and I think it wont work on Negi as he is 1. half real world people (being nagi's son) 2. the descendant of the life maker himself (arika's son)
he got to have a special magic just like arika
The "rewrite beam" doesn't harm non-Magic World residents. This is clear from it not harming Yue, but that's fairly secondary when you realize that these guys are walking around with magical artifacts that were either used by the guy who created Magic World or represent him, and are using them specifically to destroy the illusory bodies of Magic World residents. Shadowmage's "rewrite" spell, while using the same artifact, only makes it more obvious that he's "rewriting" Magic World to edit them out of this plane of existence.

And as for what he can do to Nodoka, remember what he almost did to Kaede. Those summoned demon shadows may be hardwired into "rewrite + melee mode only" (similar to Chao's suborned demons at Mahorafest being limited to strip beams), but I'm guessing Shadowmage has off-switch privileges. And what do you call it when you leave behind your body and go to where there are other dead people?

Still unclear as to whether it will work on Negi, but I'm willing to bet his Earther + royal family heritage gets him off the Sakura Express...
Old 2010-02-10, 11:58   Link #4802
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

That is an interesting point, though, is Negi half-illusion, or all illusion? I'm not sure where Nagi was from, but I think it's safe to say Arika was from the magical world. You know, being a queen and all. For that matter, would there be people 1/4 illusion? Or taken to it's logical extreme, any fraction?
Old 2010-02-10, 14:27   Link #4803
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Well Fates anger towards the fight during Rakan vs Negi has to mean something, so Im guessing he has a fear of negi since he's basically like his dad extremely strong and from the old world. The Code of the Lifemaker probably won't have any effect on him since Fate is well aware of Arika and Nagi being his parents.
Old 2010-02-10, 20:17   Link #4804
MegamiMiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
That is an interesting point, though, is Negi half-illusion, or all illusion? I'm not sure where Nagi was from, but I think it's safe to say Arika was from the magical world. You know, being a queen and all. For that matter, would there be people 1/4 illusion? Or taken to it's logical extreme, any fraction?
Arika was said to be descended from the one responsible for creating the Magic World in the first place, so she most likely isn't an illusion. Going by what Godel was saying about 1 in 18 of the Magic World's residents are real people.
MegamiMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 20:21   Link #4805
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
Arika is from the Ostia royalty, which seems to be successors from the mage of the beginning, and real humans.
Old 2010-02-11, 02:32   Link #4806
Ancient Death
Lonely without Suigintou

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Arika is from the Ostia royalty, which seems to be successors from the mage of the beginning, and real humans.
That is believe to be the case.
Ancient Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 23:28   Link #4807
celestialguy

Just read the translated chp 279.

Spoiler for chp 279:
celestialguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 23:35   Link #4808
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialguy View Post

Spoiler for chp 279:
This is likely because Chisame has been with Negi through the entire Magia Erebea thing, while the Asuna with them is a fake.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 00:38   Link #4809
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Well Chisame has been helping him alot in the magic world, and been with him through emotional moments and helped him get out of the corrosion of magia erebea also. Id see her as the closest at the moment.
Old 2010-02-14, 00:54   Link #4810
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:

Spoiler for chp 279:
Spoiler:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 01:24   Link #4811
Forever
Revealing the truth

Lol obi-wan Rakan. He just won't go quietly.

Chisame x Negi just got a boost.
Old 2010-02-14, 02:02   Link #4812
celestialguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for d:
Old 2010-02-14, 03:25   Link #4813
Seitsuki
Onee!

rakan is now above just being beyond awesome. it's some entirely new plane now.
Old 2010-02-14, 11:51   Link #4814
akron88

[SPOILER="d"]
well, FINALLY some tells negi that that asuna is fake....i thought we would wait another 50 chapters or so. Gotta see what he does now with the fake one, though i bet she will join the harem eventually.[SPOILER]
akron88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 14:05   Link #4815
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Spoiler for d:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Well Chisame has been helping him alot in the magic world, and been with him through emotional moments and helped him get out of the corrosion of magia erebea also. Id see her as the closest at the moment.
When Rakan speaks of Chisame as Negi's "closest", I interpreted it as her being something of a mentor/coach figure...Negi's focuses in the Magic World has shifted priorities from when he was back on Earth, with Negi having to gain new magical strengths and learning truths of the Magic World and the background of his family...Like you said, Chisame has been the one most, if not the only one at all, who's been at Negi's emotional and philosophical side during those times, even when shit hit the fan with Kurt's confrontation...

...which is really ironic for Chisame, since she started out as the background pessimist and has now stepped up-front as Negi's full-fledged adviser...180-degree character development...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 14:46   Link #4816
celestialguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Spoiler:

When Rakan speaks of Chisame as Negi's "closest", I interpreted it as her being something of a mentor/coach figure...Negi's focuses in the Magic World has shifted priorities from when he was back on Earth, with Negi having to gain new magical strengths and learning truths of the Magic World and the background of his family...Like you said, Chisame has been the one most, if not the only one at all, who's been at Negi's emotional and philosophical side during those times, even when shit hit the fan with Kurt's confrontation...

...which is really ironic for Chisame, since she started out as the background pessimist and has now stepped up-front as Negi's full-fledged adviser...180-degree character development...
Ah screw the force! Muscle power, stubbornness, and perversion beat the force anyday.

Joke aside, your interpretation makes more sense than my in regards to Chisame. When I first read that part I thought Rakan meant the love relationship between any girl and Negi.

I don't know if this has been asked/answered before. But has anyone wondered why the Mage of Beginning made the magical world in the first place? Does he/she want to make the impossible possible? Resurrect a dead lover? Or does he/she just want to toy with the lives of others.
Old 2010-02-15, 02:54   Link #4817
Nesty

Quote:
Ah screw the force! Muscle power, stubbornness, and perversion beat the force anyday.
LOL true that

When they get back to earth, I really wonder what all the girls (in the magic world) will do. This whole "trip" has been an emotional and physical rollacoaster and the fact that they have seen friends "die" is pretty brutal as well. I get this nagging feeling that somehow the class rep will find out what's happened and use her connections to help out. Heck I wouldn't even doubt if a few of her connections were actually mages. What you guys think?
Old 2010-02-15, 03:06   Link #4818
nines
I much prefer the 2d

What im curious about is <.< How long was the summer vacation because hasn't it been like a couple months in the magic world now?.

And Nesty only way to tell that is once the whole thing gets resolved we don't know if its gonna be a happy everyone who got erased returns or only the people that didn't get erased survived. If they come back im betting a happy reunion and a sad but happy departure. If not probably the characters will have a changed personality or a depression stage like after the School Festival when Negi was all emo while teaching class.
Old 2010-02-15, 05:35   Link #4819
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

problem with answering that is that we haven't seen back home for quite some time (except the recent talk between Ala Rubla/Eva ... which yet didn't give any clue about what date it is at home ... all bets are still open on how that'll be handled. in my opinion though there is around 3 reasonable suggestions

1: Time on MW goes slower (same principle as Eva's Castle, just a larger scale)

2: they're first going to be back somewhere mid october/early november (they entered mid August (as far as i remember they traveled to Britain 14'th august and was there a few days before leaving) and they have been in MW for at least 2, problerly closer to 3 months)

3: its getting a massive handwave on that that big part of the class is studying aboard
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 11:16   Link #4820
ZeroForever

pretty much what sian said but as they did have multiple the cameo shots of what the people that didn't go to the MW were doing (eva, the people still in england, etc...) I'm honestly leaning towards 1 simple because those off shoots still displayed them in the summer months.

Tags
action, fantasy