AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-06, 16:04   Link #5201
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Chapter was awesome. I suppose once Negi masters Magia Erebea we can definitively say that Setsuna or Kaede would get owned by him, considering he was about to ice the both of them and they only got saved by Eva jumping in.

Speaking of Eva...she simply blocked a move that nearly blew up an entire city and caused Rakan to go "Holy crap that move is powerful"...how effing strong IS she?
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 16:31   Link #5202
Chris38

Spoiler for Chapter 285 spoiler's:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 16:55   Link #5203
Dart

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Speaking of Eva...she simply blocked a move that nearly blew up an entire city and caused Rakan to go "Holy crap that move is powerful"...how effing strong IS she?
Keeping in mind that she effortlessly trashed that sealed demon back in the Kyoto arc... she could well be the most powerful character in the series thus far. Except for maybe Nagi, but he cheated when he beat her.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 16:55   Link #5204
5yewy5r

This is something I've been wondering for awhile now, regarding Negi's raiten taishou when he escaped from Godel and now his raiten taishou on Setsuna and Kaede... Whatever happened to the long ass incantation? Seems like he can just pull it off on a whim now. It's kind of disappointing, since I thought future opponents would exploit this, since Negi in raiten taishou v1.2 form seems nigh unbeatable.

That aside, it's nice to see some Kaede and Setsuna action, since we haven't seen them fight in awhile. (TBH, we haven't seen Kaede fight much at all...)
5yewy5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 17:28   Link #5205
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5yewy5r View Post
(TBH, we haven't seen Kaede fight much at all...)
She's a ninja. You're not supposed to.

The greatest danger now is that this 'demon transformation' thing will get Negi stuck as a little boy, thus damning countless young ladies (and shippers) to eternal sexual frustration.
Old 2010-04-06, 17:30   Link #5206
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5yewy5r View Post
This is something I've been wondering for awhile now, regarding Negi's raiten taishou when he escaped from Godel and now his raiten taishou on Setsuna and Kaede... Whatever happened to the long ass incantation? Seems like he can just pull it off on a whim now. It's kind of disappointing, since I thought future opponents would exploit this, since Negi in raiten taishou v1.2 form seems nigh unbeatable.

That aside, it's nice to see some Kaede and Setsuna action, since we haven't seen them fight in awhile. (TBH, we haven't seen Kaede fight much at all...)
Well first off, it seems like he's mostly only applying a single layer of the Raiten Taishou form instead of Raiten Taishou 2 Perpetual lightning form. Applying two layers takes 43 seconds, but applying a single layer can be done pretty fast, if you take a look at the beginning of the Rakan fight. Remember, during the training he went through to prepare for the Rakan fight, he specifically worked on shortening the incantation to the point where it looks like he can pull it off in a few seconds.

Also, why hello there Eva effortlessly blocking the trump card Negi used against Rakan. Glad to see your as brokenly powerful as ever.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 18:27   Link #5207
ZeroForever

Negi trump card in that fight was hitting rakan with his own power... not the spear... the spear was really just to goad him.

Hmm so many things coming to ahead... it'll be interesting to see how everything resolves... personally i rather not have all of them get pactio's.
Old 2010-04-06, 18:50   Link #5208
orangejuicetang

Negi had a bunch of trump cards, hence the 'Trump card #1, Trump card #2, ect.' If you want to argue about the definition of a trump card, fine, whatever, but that's what the manga called them. Anyway, that was his finisher move ala that attack he actually expected to defeat Rakan with.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 19:11   Link #5209
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
The greatest danger now is that this 'demon transformation' thing will get Negi stuck as a little boy, thus damning countless young ladies (and shippers) to eternal sexual frustration.
I can think of a few coughEvacoughAyakacough who wouldn't mind.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 19:15   Link #5210
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I can think of a few coughEvacoughAyakacough who wouldn't mind.
Considering how Ayaka really views Negi, once you get through how focused she is on him, I think she'd have a problem with Negi not aging.
Old 2010-04-06, 19:23   Link #5211
DKN117

Um... minor thing that's been bugging me. Stupid, I know, but... is the "g" in "Magia Erebea" pronounced as a hard "g" (great galloping ghosts of grandmas!) or a soft "g" (Geronimo, Germany, RED SPY: "Gentlemen...")?

Second... how do you think Arika will react to her little boy learning the ultimate Black Magic? For that matter, how do you think Ayaka would react to learning Negi's past and then seeing footage of Negi's daemon transformation?

Lastly... does anyone else have bets on Takahata and Evangeline both being killed in battle later in the story?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 04:07   Link #5212
Chris38

Well, thinking about it ... I think that the sport girls are going to be the catalyst for Negi to gain control over his Magia Erebea. I mean it's surely the reason why the mangaka decided to make them enter the sphere.

It will make Negi remember that he isn't alone and he has comrades around him ... the things he wondered about before he decided to choose darkness and learn ME from the scroll Evangeline left in Rakan's possession.

I know it's cliche ... but, so far that's the only thing that came to my mind to predict why the sport girls would enter the sphere exactly at the same time when Negi decided to deal with Magia Erebea's side effects.

.... sigh, I hope that the mangaka will decide to go with something different then that, but right now that's the only thing I thought up, on the topic of how Negi will bring his ME power's under control.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 04:52   Link #5213
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Um... minor thing that's been bugging me. Stupid, I know, but... is the "g" in "Magia Erebea" pronounced as a hard "g" (great galloping ghosts of grandmas!) or a soft "g" (Geronimo, Germany, RED SPY: "Gentlemen...")?

Second... how do you think Arika will react to her little boy learning the ultimate Black Magic? For that matter, how do you think Ayaka would react to learning Negi's past and then seeing footage of Negi's daemon transformation?

Lastly... does anyone else have bets on Takahata and Evangeline both being killed in battle later in the story?
To answer your first question, it would depend on what school of Ancient Greek language you went on, or Latin for that matter, too. The Hard "G" is more found in some Latin words, like "Magister" or "Magi" as a few examples. Only words I could think of at the time. The Soft "G" is kinda more or less like today, since it's somewhat easier to pronounce in a constant flow of words. But we will have to wait for some sort of animation of the time-line for us to hear the right pronouncement first. For now, I would settle for a soft "G".

The second question... I doubt she would have taken it lightly and just laugh it off. She could have gone into ranting over it, and been very, very mad at something. All I can say is Duck and Cover! As for Ayaka: Like a Christian coming home to find Iesus of Nazareth sitting on their couch.

The third: I have bets that Takahata could be killed. It's not for certain. He could be killed, but there's also a fair percentage of chance that he will survive the whole endeavor. We don't know for sure, yet, but I'm putting my money more on that he'll live.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 10:11   Link #5214
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Considering the other demons we've run into in the story, 'looking however the hell they want to look' seems to be a benefit of being a retardedly powerful one.
Old 2010-04-07, 10:34   Link #5215
DKN117

[QUOTE=Kurush;2991580]As for Ayaka: Like a Christian coming home to find Iesus of Nazareth sitting on their couch.QUOTE]

Um... "and saw footage of his daemon transformation" against Kurt Godel and Fate Averruncus. Seeing her favorite happy little boy cave into his rage, transform into a hellish monster, and try to kill someone.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 12:25   Link #5216
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post

To answer your first question, it would depend on what school of Ancient Greek language you went on, or Latin for that matter, too. The Hard "G" is more found in some Latin words, like "Magister" or "Magi" as a few examples. Only words I could think of at the time. The Soft "G" is kinda more or less like today, since it's somewhat easier to pronounce in a constant flow of words. But we will have to wait for some sort of animation of the time-line for us to hear the right pronouncement first. For now, I would settle for a soft "G".
Don't know if it's correct (I guess we can assume it is, considering the level of research Akamatsu's obviously done to this point), but in the current chapter both Mundus Magicus and Magia Erebea are pronounced with hard "G"s, at least according to the furigana used.

ムンドゥス・マギクス (MU·N·D[O]·u·SU MA·GI·KU·SU)
マギア・エレベア (MA·GI·A E·RE·BE·A)

If it were soft "G"s the character for "JI" would be used in place of the "GI" in both cases.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-04-07 at 12:35.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 12:42   Link #5217
Random Wanderer

And Negi made the wrong choice. Bad end, manga over.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 12:45   Link #5218
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

while Eva technically can be consider a evil step-mother, she sure is the best option for a little boy hell bent on revenge.

the real Eva would be so proud of her little boy immersing himself in the dark powers.
Old 2010-04-07, 13:12   Link #5219
aldw

[QUOTE=DKN117;2991981]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
As for Ayaka: Like a Christian coming home to find Iesus of Nazareth sitting on their couch.QUOTE]

Um... "and saw footage of his daemon transformation" against Kurt Godel and Fate Averruncus. Seeing her favorite happy little boy cave into his rage, transform into a hellish monster, and try to kill someone.
Doubt she would like that, she would still support him as much as she could IMO.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 13:26   Link #5220
Random Wanderer

Seriously, what the hell? Negi barely even hesitates about permanently abandoning his humanity? Could someone PLEASE get Asuna back here to knock some freaking sense into this IMBECILE?
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy