AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 08:11   Link #6003
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Details, details... ^_^
Details, certainly. Because she is not. And Eva IS part of Ala Alba in status of advisor. Negi's party in MW =/= Ala Alba. And actually Negi can't make anybody part of it without Evangeline's approval. Member of his army/harem/adventuring party - yes, Ala Alba - no.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 08:59   Link #6004
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Notes:
Spoiler for 299:
Spoiler for 299:
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 09:18   Link #6005
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
Details, certainly. Because she is not. And Eva IS part of Ala Alba in status of advisor. Negi's party in MW =/= Ala Alba. And actually Negi can't make anybody part of it without Evangeline's approval. Member of his army/harem/adventuring party - yes, Ala Alba - no.
This, and well, Eva would stomp Mana into the ground. So yeah, Eva's the strongest in Ala Alba.
Old 2010-08-13, 19:12   Link #6006
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
This, and well, Eva would stomp Mana into the ground. So yeah, Eva's the strongest in Ala Alba.
Defeat, certainly, but "stomp into the ground", I'm not so sure. Remember what Mana does for a living. She's a merc. Taking down things that her employers cannot is her chosen career. Eva may have lost most of her vampiric weaknesses, but if she has any of them left, Mana would likely take advantage of them and, if not make a fight of it, at least buy enough time to run away (she ain't stupid).

I'm willing to bet she's got some "garlic bullets" secreted away on her person for just such a possibility...
Old 2010-08-14, 01:24   Link #6007
AlphaDragoon

Quote:
Defeat, certainly, but "stomp into the ground", I'm not so sure. Remember what Mana does for a living. She's a merc. Taking down things that her employers cannot is her chosen career. Eva may have lost most of her vampiric weaknesses, but if she has any of them left, Mana would likely take advantage of them and, if not make a fight of it, at least buy enough time to run away (she ain't stupid).

I'm willing to bet she's got some "garlic bullets" secreted away on her person for just such a possibility...
I'm still of the mindset that Eva's the Hiko Seijuro of Negima. Only tiny and adorable. But just as badass.
Old 2010-08-14, 01:51   Link #6008
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
I'm still of the mindset that Eva's the Hiko Seijuro of Negima. Only tiny and adorable. But just as badass.
Never said Mana would beat her. I just think the fight will be a lot closer than even their respective powers would imply. Don't forget also that Eva fights primarily as a mage. She does have to cast for those long-distance mega-attacks she so loves to use, and can thus be disrupted like any other mage thanks to Mana's unerring distance attacks. And if you think Mana's going to let up before she's put the GDP of a small country worth of arms and coinage into the Maga Nosferatu from distance...

The kicker is going to be that Mana can't really hurt her, unless Eva's got some weaknesses we haven't been told about.
Old 2010-08-14, 02:17   Link #6009
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Or eva can just use complexio. then go fight and chant.
Old 2010-08-14, 03:56   Link #6010
AlphaDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Or eva can just use complexio. then go fight and chant.
Eva using Magia Erebea is a scary, scary thought.
Old 2010-08-14, 09:30   Link #6011
Chris38

Quote:
Eva using Magia Erebea is a scary, scary thought.
Well I have been kind of thinking that Eva might start using Magia Erebea against Negi, once he reveals that he is able to use it as well.

After all, Negi needs some kind of pointers on how to conquer his own darkness, and seeing how Evangeline uses her Magia Erebea might give Negi an idea on how to achieve that.

... though during those sessions Eva and Negi have to be alone with no one interrupt them , to well ... avoid accidental deaths.

Maybe I'm over thinking this, but I think that with all the improvement and power he has gained in the magical world , Negi wouldn't gain some further improvement if Evangeline wouldn't start being a little more serious against Negi.

We also don't know how she's going to react once she learns that Negi has obtained and is able to use Magia Erebea, and well Eva is a little bored at this moment, even if Al tries to keep her company, so she might overact a little once she learns how much Negi has grown in his short escape to the Magic World.

Though I agree that the idea of Eva using Magia Erebea is a little scary, but at the same time I want to see how scary Eva becomes once she start's using it ... so honestly speaking I'm a little conflicted about this.

After all Negi has become a little used to pain, once he started training under Evangeline ... so a few new briues and broken things shouldn't be that difficult, for him to survive through
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 08:55   Link #6012
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Fate is quite pissed at Negi: You dare put up an alternate solution?! THERE IS ONLY ONEEEE~
Old 2010-08-18, 21:35   Link #6013
AlaAlba

15 pages, 16 pages, and on 299 again 15 pages...
Is akamatsu starting to get lazy or something?
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 10:59   Link #6014
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
15 pages, 16 pages, and on 299 again 15 pages...
Is akamatsu starting to get lazy or something?
No, he's just starting to get old.

He never was a bundle of productivity like some mangaka that can manage to put out two chapters in a week. Now that he's middle aged and can no longer pull all-nighters without much penalty, he has to take regular breaks to keep up. If his work schedule lands him extra work such as preparing for for a volume release combined with miscellaneous other stuff, the regular break isn't enough and it tends to impact his page count.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 04:40   Link #6015
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
...such as preparing for for a volume release combined with miscellaneous other stuff...
Like a milestone chapter with several color pages...
Old 2010-08-20, 09:24   Link #6016
Finalage
*Author

Quote:
Never said Mana would beat her. I just think the fight will be a lot closer than even their respective powers would imply. Don't forget also that Eva fights primarily as a mage. She does have to cast for those long-distance mega-attacks she so loves to use, and can thus be disrupted like any other mage thanks to Mana's unerring distance attacks. And if you think Mana's going to let up before she's put the GDP of a small country worth of arms and coinage into the Maga Nosferatu from distance...

The kicker is going to be that Mana can't really hurt her, unless Eva's got some weaknesses we haven't been told about.
I have to agree with this one. Mana would put up one heck of a fight if push came to shove, even if she would normally not even bother. One doesn't really even know what both of these guys are capable of.

Eva going Magica Erebia though, I don't think she's the type. She gave up that thing due to it's complications, plus, she likes to play with an opponent, not go full bore and destroy them first thing she sees. I believe she'll save that thing as a very last resort, and the control she has over it most likely, by her own words, won't be anywhere near what Negi can do with it. Mana is more flexible and adaptable than most humans, so a physical battle , while unlikely, would be more difficult than normal for Eva, and a magical one would be hell one on one. It comes down between Eva's defense and her maneuverability against Mana's aim and ammo, and we all know the state of both of those assets to Mana...

Big spell work is a no no here. Small might not be effective.

Eva at full power would eventually win of course, taking into account Negi fighting against "her" to control his beast. Of course she would eventually grind her opponent into the ground. Mana would have to find a way to bolt outta there.
Old 2010-08-20, 11:51   Link #6017
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalage View Post
I have to agree with this one. Mana would put up one heck of a fight if push came to shove, even if she would normally not even bother. One doesn't really even know what both of these guys are capable of.

Eva going Magica Erebia though, I don't think she's the type. She gave up that thing due to it's complications, plus, she likes to play with an opponent, not go full bore and destroy them first thing she sees. I believe she'll save that thing as a very last resort, and the control she has over it most likely, by her own words, won't be anywhere near what Negi can do with it. Mana is more flexible and adaptable than most humans, so a physical battle , while unlikely, would be more difficult than normal for Eva, and a magical one would be hell one on one. It comes down between Eva's defense and her maneuverability against Mana's aim and ammo, and we all know the state of both of those assets to Mana...

Big spell work is a no no here. Small might not be effective.

Eva at full power would eventually win of course, taking into account Negi fighting against "her" to control his beast. Of course she would eventually grind her opponent into the ground. Mana would have to find a way to bolt outta there.
Regarding a hypothetical fight between Mana and a full-powered Eva, I think Mana's own reaction would be: don't. And not because she's a coward, mind you, but because she's smart enough to know that any victory against the Dark Evangel would be bloody.

Negi's Magic Erebea training alone had showed us just how scary she is: she can fly, maneuver extremely fast, fire medium-sized attacks in less than a second, proficient in unarmed hand-to-hand combat as well as magic blade skills, has extremely devastating heavy attacks capable of changing the geography, and that's not even the real one. Even if Mana managed to score a win using abundant traps, home terrain advantage, vampire-slaying equipments, her demon powers, and divine intervention, it would be a Pyrrhic victory at best, with Mana ending up lying down seconds away from death.

Unless the situation really demands so, a veteran soldier like Mana would avoid fighting someone like Eva or Rakan at all. If victory can be achieved without fighting them, then why fight?
Old 2010-08-20, 12:49   Link #6018
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
"He who knows when to fight, and when to not, can never be beaten."

-Sun Tzu. I thought it would be fitting.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.

Last edited by Kurush; 2010-08-21 at 03:45. Reason: Correction
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 13:48   Link #6019
Finalage
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalage View Post
I have to agree with this one. Mana would put up one heck of a fight if push came to shove, even if she would normally not even bother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Regarding a hypothetical fight between Mana and a full-powered Eva, I think Mana's own reaction would be: don't. And not because she's a coward, mind you, but because she's smart enough to know that any victory against the Dark Evangel would be bloody.

Negi's Magic Erebea training alone had showed us just how scary she is: she can fly, maneuver extremely fast, fire medium-sized attacks in less than a second, proficient in unarmed hand-to-hand combat as well as magic blade skills, has extremely devastating heavy attacks capable of changing the geography, and that's not even the real one. Even if Mana managed to score a win using abundant traps, home terrain advantage, vampire-slaying equipments, her demon powers, and divine intervention, it would be a Pyrrhic victory at best, with Mana ending up lying down seconds away from death.

Unless the situation really demands so, a veteran soldier like Mana would avoid fighting someone like Eva or Rakan at all. If victory can be achieved without fighting them, then why fight?
Not to argue, I just had to point out that I agree, and claimed that. Mana wouldn't normally even dare.
Old 2010-08-20, 15:41   Link #6020
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Like a milestone chapter with several color pages...
...or at least something that involves
Spoiler:

Tags
action, fantasy