AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > No Game No Life

Notices

View Poll Results: No Game No Life - Episode 12 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 65 53.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 31.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 12.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.65%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-26, 13:49   Link #101
kukuru

Well there has to be a certain amount of surrealism here. Otherwise you can't move the audience's heart strings.

It would have been better if a lot of things changed to make the plan more robust like having Steph use a heart bomb instead, which wouldn't even need aiming or heart power. But then that would be dreadfully less wow factor then a shot in the back of the head after claiming she won. (that facal feature on a zapped izuna was great)
Old 2014-06-26, 14:47   Link #102
Iron Maw
Banned

Wouldn't that require a lot of energy though? Which is constantly being drained by the NPC might I add.
Old 2014-06-26, 16:23   Link #103
Ickarium

Likely. IMO, it's totally feasible /within the bounds established by show/. It's totally possible to figure out NPC movement patterns, good gamers do it all the time. What's impossible is to predict them to such a degree you can make judgements for hours later.

But this is Shiro, who has been presented to be just /that impossibly badass/ with calculations and predictions. She's a Lensman human. Works for me.
Old 2014-06-26, 17:00   Link #104
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Likely. IMO, it's totally feasible /within the bounds established by show/. It's totally possible to figure out NPC movement patterns, good gamers do it all the time. What's impossible is to predict them to such a degree you can make judgements for hours later.

But this is Shiro, who has been presented to be just /that impossibly badass/ with calculations and predictions. She's a Lensman human. Works for me.
If one thinks about it, double jumping is also impossible no matter how much you break the human or werebeast limits.

So it's more or less a losing argument from the start.
Old 2014-06-26, 17:10   Link #105
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

The only in-universe explanation that works is that blood destruction, as described in the novels, allows warbeasts to manipulate to a degree the spirit particles within their bodies that exist in all life on Disboard. Therefore this allows them perform some feats that are possible only through magic.
Old 2014-06-26, 17:12   Link #106
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
If one thinks about it, double jumping is also impossible no matter how much you break the human or werebeast limits.

So it's more or less a losing argument from the start.
I think there was a mistranslation there. They said Blood Destruction allowed her to break her "physical limits". But then proceeded to say that it meant that physics didn't apply to her any more. So maybe the actual meaning is that Blood Destruction literally allowed her to break the laws of physics - i.e., to perform magical feats.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-06-26, 18:06   Link #107
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I think it's more like the principle of inner energy, given the eastern influence and all that. It's not actually magic, you're just manipulating the energy that already exists. I mean, no one is calling Goku a wizard when he's melting faces with Kamehameha attacks and teleporting anywhere he wants instantly.
Old 2014-06-26, 18:16   Link #108
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

If you watch One Piece, you can compare Blood Destruction to Luffy's Gear 2nd. I think that is one of the closest examples one could provide.
Old 2014-06-26, 18:27   Link #109
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Yeah, ki sounds like a reasonable analogue to what we're seeing here. The inner energy (ki) versus outer energy (mana) dichotomy is a pretty common one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Was this the explanation in the novel? If so I wish had made into the anime at in some way. While it's not impossible to infer, with the way Steph's usually shackled with the "dunce cap" it felt like the siblings just doubting her abilities as normal. It makes me feel better about her role.
Some (mostly re: the Oaths ensuring the command) was explicitly stated in the novel, some (follow, forget, killing intent) are stated in the anime (and the novel, mostly), and much of the rest is extrapolated from all that.
Old 2014-06-26, 18:33   Link #110
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I think there was a mistranslation there. They said Blood Destruction allowed her to break her "physical limits". But then proceeded to say that it meant that physics didn't apply to her any more. So maybe the actual meaning is that Blood Destruction literally allowed her to break the laws of physics - i.e., to perform magical feats.
In a virtual game?

Both sides are using some immense cheating as it stands so questioning one side, the other side doesn't get a write off.

Though...a bit of it is spoilerish for later revelations.

Wearbeast Blood destruction is explained right after the anime ends...but it doesn't boil down to Ki...if anyone wants to know.
Old 2014-06-26, 18:42   Link #111
Zer01

Judging from the popularity from this anime, it's safe to say that there will be a season 2.
Old 2014-06-26, 18:45   Link #112
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer01 View Post
Judging from the popularity from this anime, it's safe to say that there will be a season 2.
Nope, there are lots of popular anime in the past that aint got a second season, so not expecting too much about it...
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-06-26, 18:46   Link #113
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer01 View Post
Popularity doesn't mean jack, even moreso when it comes to LN adaptation.

While we had Infinite Stratos and SAO for proper sequel, we also have Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon which had colossal sales, with absolutely no sequel planned at all.
Old 2014-06-26, 19:11   Link #114
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

While we had Infinite Stratos and SAO for proper sequel, we also have Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon which had colossal sales, with absolutely no sequel planned at all.
that may be do to the studio doing horizon and that was sunrise but they do mostly anime original stuff and horizon which is an adaptation from what i know is rare for them(i may be wrong) and from what i know they rarely ever do sequels that aren't planned ahead of time(split cours) and the ones that did, did EXTREMELY well to get them, a better example would have been index which did decent in terms of sales but there has yet to be an announcement on a season 3
Old 2014-06-26, 22:18   Link #115
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

Horizon had a second season, didn't it?
Old 2014-06-26, 22:54   Link #116
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprimus View Post
Horizon had a second season, didn't it?
Horizon was known to be two cour when it was initially announced.

The vast majority of anime adaptations are designed to sell their source material, not the other way around. This is why I tried to emphasize to people, when Attack on Titan was about to finish, that they should temper their hopes for more episodes. And we know how popular AoT was. This is why you've been seeing more and more anime adaptation announcements for manga and novels that aren't really that far along: the anime functions as a commercial to drive sales of the source material.

It's a vicious cycle. For overseas fans, this means incomplete anime stories and a reliance on manga and novels that may never be legally translated in their home country, and even fan translations tend to lag behind or get lost due to lack of interest or sourced raws to translate from.
Old 2014-06-26, 23:01   Link #117
kukuru

You have to remember anime is pretty contested industry in japan. There are a lot of factors involved, from political, to artistic, to good old money grabbing.

DxD is probably one of the easiest "sent to die" anime that turned into non stop push push push.

Where something that was "filler season" like Madoka no matter how popular it had, will never ever get a 2nd season, because it was designed with that in mind (and the studio is incredibly highbrow in what they do)

So you just gotta hope the studio and the publishers like what they see.
Old 2014-06-26, 23:26   Link #118
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Madoka however ended its story, correct? I might be wrong but it was its own complete story and that was that. Unlike NGNL, which clearly can keep going.
Old 2014-06-27, 00:19   Link #119
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

The continuation is in the 3rd Movie Rebellion. The main story itself (in the anime) is complete, yeah.
Old 2014-06-27, 02:47   Link #120
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Holy cow, No Game No Life is now #16 in MyAnimeList's overall top anime rankings.
Only Mushishi Zoku Shou was able to approach NGNL's rankings at #18 for this season's anime.

For the TV Anime category, NGNL is already at the bottom end of the Top 10.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread