Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-16, 16:57   Link #4461
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Those moments are few and far between. If I had to choose someone to have to survive in a post apocalyptic world with, I would choose Saeko without even having to think about it. Saeko keeps her cool way better than Rei (who tends to get really unstable every time there's a crisis).

And I might add that Rei only is getting really flirty with Takashi because Hisashi is dead. She's really clingy, if you can't tell from her behavior.
I have to go with Spectacular_Insanity here, even if Saeko is a sadist in a way. She can always keep her cool in a major situation (not counting episode 9), Rei just seems to be... To attaching... Once her boyfriend goes and dies, she moves on to another after crying about their previous boyfriend's death for only 2 hours.
Old 2010-09-16, 16:57   Link #4462
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Those moments are few and far between. If I had to choose someone to have to survive in a post apocalyptic world with, I would choose Saeko without even having to think about it. Saeko keeps her cool way better than Rei (who tends to get really unstable every time there's a crisis).

And I might add that Rei only is getting really flirty with Takashi because Hisashi is dead. She's really clingy, if you can't tell from her behavior.
Lack of options if Hisashi was around Rei wouldnt have given a damn about how much attention Takashi was getting from Saeko. In others she needs a crutch now that her 1st one is gone Takashi is there so why not use him for the support she needs. Shes very clingy in the anime and in the manga which is one of the reasons why i dont like her. I dont hate her but Saeko is better in many aspects even with her blood lust.
Old 2010-09-16, 17:03   Link #4463
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

That's exactly my point. If she really loved Takashi she wouldn't even think about Hisashi in the first place and persisted in their relationship, no matter how bad she felt. She's only been doing that with Takashi after Hisashi died. If Hisashi were around I have much doubt she would be flirting around with Takashi, or even care about him.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 19:23   Link #4464
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
That's exactly my point. If she really loved Takashi she wouldn't even think about Hisashi in the first place and persisted in their relationship, no matter how bad she felt. She's only been doing that with Takashi after Hisashi died. If Hisashi were around I have much doubt she would be flirting around with Takashi, or even care about him.
Yeah, Takashi better find out about this in a way. But then again it would get him killed if Saeko is not there to guard him when Rei might decide to kill him for ditching her.
Old 2010-09-16, 19:57   Link #4465
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, Rei is taking advantage of the fact that Takashi has always been there. Well, maybe I should say 'taking for granted' that Takashi's always been there - which is why she's displaying the clingy girl behavior. She began to make those 'mmph' pouting faces at Saeko way back in...ep 5 was it? when Rei and Takashi reunited with the rest of the band after they got off the bus. In her mind, Takashi's always been 'hers' so there was no need for her to assert herself...until a certain kendo prodigy with impecible manners and style dared to smile at her Komuro and speak to him on her own (and drool on his lap, of course). Naturally she's feeling that her 'ownership' of Takashi is being threatened by Saeko - she knows that Saeko is a more ideal woman than she is. She's so lady-like and nice but also can flip mode so quickly into a terrorizing killing machine, it's almost frightening.

Is Takashi going to drop Rei for Saeko? Hell no he's not. That pinkie promise obviously means a LOT to him so even if he did, he would be the biggest hypocrite and he knows it. Even if Saeko defended him by saying that Rei broke the promise first and that she's only looking for comfort since her BF was killed in the very first chapter with someone she's familiar with. It's almost a shame that Hisashi died, we would have had a good foil with him around for Takashi. The thing is, would Saeko have given Takashi the same amount of consideration if Hisashi was around, struting his 1st class character status with a star-struck Rei following after him, while Takashi wouldn't have developed nearly as much as he has.

*shrugs*

I'll leave that question for the fanficcers
Old 2010-09-16, 20:20   Link #4466
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:

Yeah, Rei can put up a strong front, but deep down she's the clingy type that likes to be spoiled. And all Takashi offered during her time of crisis (Shido) was harsh words (based on their talk on the stairs in sniperlady's place) . Yes she could have tried to understand Takashi better, but you can't blame her for being swayed by the comfort offered by Hisashi at a time when she is at her weakest. (which is why I contend that Hisashi really wasn't Takashi's 'bro')
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 20:44   Link #4467
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Act 11. Dead Storm Rising

Ok. So I realized that events skipped in the manga are actually happening in the anime, but later due that the order of certain events was changed.

So, what do we had in store for the eleventh chapter?

That humans are not and never will be the smartest amongst the species. If the masses are stupid that's because single individuals either are or remain stupid.

There's no more clear evidence to backup that fact than both Shidohs' followers and the obstinate group of adults that treated Saya like a child.

C'mon! Let's be honest that everywhere in the world, and not just Japan, the youth with voice or whom try to exert their right to discuss, will always be treated like kids even if those youths are already legally adults.

Humanity is frail and not just in the physical condition due that lots of humanity depends on technology to lead a comfortable or, at least, a decent living standard. But also, because even the human consciousness is frail due to being accustomed and conditioned to a preset reality.

What we have in HOTD is the paradigm effect at work, and how people try to cope or not to cope with the changes that changed the reality of the world.

When the paradigm occurs the current status quo is demolished with an Absolute 100%; things will never be as they used to, no matter how much humanity tries to either preserve or reconstruct them back to the original state.

Komuro's group are trying at their best to grow in order to adapt to the current zombie holocaust that spread throughout the world, and it's clear that most of the adults that they encounter are too foolish or keep themselves busy at deceiving themselves to think that what are living through is either not real or temporarily, and things are possible to return back to normal.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 21:25   Link #4468
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
On the nukes ... damn Madhouse certainly can invoke a nihilistic atmosphere. Whatever the strategic arguments, when things have gone so wrong, I understand every stupid decision that politicians and military personel do, in any case they were never put into that position for their ability to resolve problems

Though I still fail to grasp how would it benifit anyone from destroying their potential allies (e.g. US nuking chinese or destroying infrastructure, that the zombies obviously can not use). Then again the source material favours asian fascism, so it is expected ... however close it might be to a country's actual military dogma (check USA & USSR cold war strategic thinking)

On Rei ... not only she is clingy as several suggested, but she also disloyal, she fits into the type that seeks complete devotion from her partner no matter what, but still it is so easy for her to switch her own devotion from one partner to another ... quite adaptable strategy for females, yet extremely unfair for the rest half of mankind

Saeko on the other hand, has her issues, but also almost never lost her composure, and only when she did it was necessary for an ambiguous intervention for her to regain it by her apparent comrade ... or partner

Same more or less is true for Saya and Hirano, though their issues were far less problematic than Saeko's
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 21:29   Link #4469
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It's almost unavoidable that Rei will end up with Takashi, even if she is the lesser woman and a worse partner. I just hope Daisuke Sato has it in him to go against the grain, because in all seriousness, I won't give a damn to a pinky promise made back when I was very small when I'm in front of a woman who's opened herself up completely to me - and is very attractive and capable as a woman, too. If he has some capacity in writing, he's going to end with Saeko and Takashi, because things shouldn't be as they previously were. It should be karmic: just as she left Takashi in the dust, Rei should also chase him and fail.
Old 2010-09-16, 21:35   Link #4470
ZeKeR
Superbad

i dunno about this tho..... final pairing is uncertain
Old 2010-09-16, 21:37   Link #4471
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Something I forgot ...

... on the site's sub-forum policy ... damn guys (and gals) 4.5k post + a quarter million views, why do you just make sub-forum's for pre-puberty kids (moe-blob and shounen shows) I mean, OK, you want to satisfy trolls, but shouldn't you occasionally consider originality and quality
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 23:02   Link #4472
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
i dunno about this tho..... final pairing is uncertain
Well pretty much now we got in the anime is Takashi x Rei. Saeko though is factor on this.
But since the anime is ending I guess it'll never be given proper pairing until a season2 arrives.
Old 2010-09-17, 01:46   Link #4473
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Well, Rei is taking advantage of the fact that Takashi has always been there. Well, maybe I should say 'taking for granted' that Takashi's always been there - which is why she's displaying the clingy girl behavior. She began to make those 'mmph' pouting faces at Saeko way back in...ep 5 was it? when Rei and Takashi reunited with the rest of the band after they got off the bus. In her mind, Takashi's always been 'hers' so there was no need for her to assert herself...until a certain kendo prodigy with impecible manners and style dared to smile at her Komuro and speak to him on her own (and drool on his lap, of course). Naturally she's feeling that her 'ownership' of Takashi is being threatened by Saeko - she knows that Saeko is a more ideal woman than she is. She's so lady-like and nice but also can flip mode so quickly into a terrorizing killing machine, it's almost frightening.

Is Takashi going to drop Rei for Saeko? Hell no he's not. That pinkie promise obviously means a LOT to him so even if he did, he would be the biggest hypocrite and he knows it. Even if Saeko defended him by saying that Rei broke the promise first and that she's only looking for comfort since her BF was killed in the very first chapter with someone she's familiar with. It's almost a shame that Hisashi died, we would have had a good foil with him around for Takashi. The thing is, would Saeko have given Takashi the same amount of consideration if Hisashi was around, struting his 1st class character status with a star-struck Rei following after him, while Takashi wouldn't have developed nearly as much as he has.

*shrugs*

I'll leave that question for the fanficcers
I think it really is too bad Hisashi got himself killed in the first episode. Could have avoided all the trouble and Saeko fans could put Takashi with Saeko and not have to rip on Rei constantly. Of course this is almost the end of the world so things just don't work out perfectly.

Considering the state of affairs I don't think Takashi ending up with both is that far out of the question. I mean this isn't the normal kind of situation where one can just move on to find someone else if they don't end up with the lead. Options are going to be limited depending how bad things end up getting in the world.

It's all pretty weird with how things went with Takashi and Rei. So many "ifs" that exist out there. At any rate Takashi did want Rei and now he has her right there. I can't see him just completely turning his back. Though he has built up a bond with Saeko which leads us into the situation that we are in. Naturally Takashi gets into this situation with the two fighting girls and making a bad situation with either is going to hurt their combat strength.

Personally not sure where I stand on this whole thing. I like Saeko's character though not nearly as much as some. I see the flaws in Rei's character, but still like her. Hopefully things turn out alright, or as alright as they can considering how things have gone for that group so far.
Old 2010-09-17, 07:45   Link #4474
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
On Rei ... not only she is clingy as several suggested, but she also disloyal, she fits into the type that seeks complete devotion from her partner no matter what, but still it is so easy for her to switch her own devotion from one partner to another ... quite adaptable strategy for females, yet extremely unfair for the rest half of mankind
Any chance this might mean that she could change to Hirano or will it be only Saya that will be for him?
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 08:32   Link #4475
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I am pro-Saeko in terms of Takashi right now. But I think it's a mute point. Everything in this episode was shallow. It's not as good as it was in the beginning and is becoming less entertaining too. It's a good thing it's only one season long.

Madhouse: you ruined another.
Old 2010-09-17, 08:38   Link #4476
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I fail to see why this was any worse than what's come before - and why it should be Madhouse's fault, to boot.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 08:43   Link #4477
mr. sebastian

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i love this thread♥♥ i love this thread
H.O.T.D is pretty cool anime ......... i love all the girls xD
mr. sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 09:45   Link #4478
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I fail to see why this was any worse than what's come before - and why it should be Madhouse's fault, to boot.
Presentation. Or would it be better if I blamed some of the staff, such as the director?
Old 2010-09-17, 09:49   Link #4479
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Actually, it would be wiser to "blame" the mangakas. The show hasn't really deviated all that much from the source material...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 09:51   Link #4480
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I think the director did a fine job elaborating and compressing certain scenes in the anime, that, while a deviation from the manga, showed more about the characters. You can't blame the director when the source material was never meant to be elevated. But that's just my opinion, of course.

I liked the director's touches with Saeko and Takashi, however. That was well-done.

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse