Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-02-08, 15:22   Link #1021
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
BB will push Luffy to his utmost limits, I assure you. Luffy will become the pirate king, but perhaps Oda will make BB his equal (analogous to Roger and WB from the past). After all, BB is Oda's favorite historical pirate, so we can expect big things from Teach in the future.
Definitely. BB is probably the one closest to becoming Pirate King right now; Luffy is nowhere near his level at the moment (the Impel Down and Marineford arcs have made that abundantly clear).

Though I'm wondering how much of a roll the Supernova will play in the future. Oda went to great lengths to build them up during the Shabaody arc, do I'd be somewhat disappointed if they just sort of faded into obscurity.
Old 2011-02-08, 16:04   Link #1022
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Yeah but.. don't you think at the end Luffy might have a fun fight against Shanks to see who is stronger, I mean Shanks said when they meet up again they would fight.. Im pretty sure that they are going to fight at the end
Pwnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 16:27   Link #1023
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnago View Post
Yeah but.. don't you think at the end Luffy might have a fun fight against Shanks to see who is stronger, I mean Shanks said when they meet up again they would fight.. Im pretty sure that they are going to fight at the end
No... Shanks told Luffy to give him his hat back. I don't remember anything about fighting.
Old 2011-02-08, 16:57   Link #1024
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
No... Shanks told Luffy to give him his hat back. I don't remember anything about fighting.
Really.. I thought they wanted to know who was stronger :S...
Old 2011-02-08, 17:07   Link #1025
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Really.. I thought they wanted to know who was stronger :S...
Spoiler:

Nothing about seeing who's stronger.
Old 2011-02-08, 17:14   Link #1026
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Spoiler:

Nothing about seeing who's stronger.
¬_¬ Oh... I must have read it by accident then! But im sure they are going to have a fun fight ¬_¬?
Old 2011-02-08, 17:21   Link #1027
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yeah I definitely want to see Luffy and Shanks fight.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 17:26   Link #1028
Blackbeard D. Kuma

In all honesty, I foresee BB killing Shanks later on. That being said, I don't think Luffy will be able to fulfill Shanks' promise.
Old 2011-02-08, 17:46   Link #1029
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
In all honesty, I foresee BB killing Shanks later on. That being said, I don't think Luffy will be able to fulfill Shanks' promise.
If Blackbeard does then I'm pretty sure that Luffy is gonna go berserk on Blackbeard and beat the crap out of him lmfao. No joke at ALL. ;P
Old 2011-02-08, 17:50   Link #1030
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Well i never thought Ace would die, so i can see it happening. But if that happened i'd be so upset, i always wanted to see Luffy give the hat back. But then again they wouldn't be the straw hat pirates anymore
Old 2011-02-08, 18:30   Link #1031
Kallen4life

I'm slow I know (don't watch the 360p stuff), but just watched this right after rewatching 485

EPIC !!

really really liked the anime extra scene of Akainu hanging on and tunneling .. chilling (even with his DF ^^)

I kinda agree that OP is not traditional and there may not be a true 'Final Boss' (especially if Oda's gonna show us the aftermath of finding One Piece), but BB is obviously the closest to that title and I think he's gonna be Luffy's toughest fight (1v1 anyway .. there's possibility that he'll get to fight all 3 admirals at once - without help .. or something like that)

Spoiler for epic BB:
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 18:45   Link #1032
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
If Blackbeard does then I'm pretty sure that Luffy is gonna go berserk on Blackbeard and beat the crap out of him lmfao. No joke at ALL. ;P
BB will give Luffy some cherry pies and he'll forget all about his idol's death .
Old 2011-02-09, 10:31   Link #1033
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
I hope not. But he can keep the promise. Pay a visit to Shanks' grave - and place the SH on there....
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 14:34   Link #1034
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
I hope not. But he can keep the promise. Pay a visit to Shanks' grave - and place the SH on there....
Yeah thats a good way lol

Anyway, in the Impel Down.. How did Blackbeard survive? I mean I knew he got an Shiryuu gave Blackbeard an antidote, but still the medical team has never made a antidote when Magellan has covered someone in poison badly. And you saw how much poison there was on Blackbeard and his crew members. It was the same as Luffy's..
Old 2011-02-09, 14:54   Link #1035
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Anyway, in the Impel Down.. How did Blackbeard survive? I mean I knew he got an Shiryuu gave Blackbeard an antidote, but still the medical team has never made a antidote when Magellan has covered someone in poison badly. And you saw how much poison there was on Blackbeard and his crew members. It was the same as Luffy's..
Shiryuu most likely obtained a more potent antidote. He used to be a chief warden, after all; so it's not far fetched to believe he would know of its secret whereabouts (in the case of an emergency).
Old 2011-02-09, 15:16   Link #1036
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Shiryuu most likely obtained a more potent antidote. He used to be a chief warden, after all; so it's not far fetched to believe he would know of its secret whereabouts (in the case of an emergency).
Yeah but.. If he knew where the antidote was, then shouldn't the current vice warden - Hannyabal and Magellan know where it is.
Old 2011-02-09, 15:22   Link #1037
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ And what's your point? That doesn't change the fact that there should always be antidotes in stock in the case of an emergency. A safety precaution, if you will.
Old 2011-02-09, 15:34   Link #1038
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
^ And what's your point? That doesn't change the fact that there should always be antidotes in stock in the case of an emergency. A safety precaution, if you will.
Yeah but wouldn't the medical team know where it is aswell. Actually got it all wrong xD. The Queer was Hannyabel and because the Queer doesn't know then he wouldn't be able to find it xD! Never I got it wrong ;p..
Old 2011-02-09, 16:43   Link #1039
SkoolRumble4Ya

I think Blackbeard being poison is not as much as Luffy.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 17:00   Link #1040
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
I think Blackbeard being poison is not as much as Luffy.
Pretty much the same in my opinion...

Just realised that Vortex, one of blackbeard's power.. doesnt work against normal humans... So Shanks will probably fight evenly with Blackbeard, since he doesn't use a devil fruit power.