AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-10-25, 11:17   Link #37761
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Senpai - Can you explain the Florence Nightingale effect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBlue View Post
I think I can answer this one.

The Florence Nightingale effect is were a nurse/doctor/caregiver develops romantic feelings towards their patient even if little contact or only basic care is given. But if the patient does not need that much help anymore, the feelings may fade.

If you need an example.

Think of Rin as a nurse and Ichika, a patient. Rin only provides basic care and contact is minimal. As time goes by, Rin begins to hold feelings for Ichika. Ichika eventually recovers enough and does not need that much care anymore and Rin's feelings fade.

I hope that helps.
Actually it was the inverse, more often than not. Though Eagle's example may actually happen.

Patient fell in love with the nurse because of his/her caringness, often, this is because the patient is emotionally insufficient, but not always. This is noted in the history of modern nursery, but not that detailed.

The feelings maybe reciprocated or not, but the later is more often in fiction (and of course, in real life).

(And in hentai, well... )
Old 2012-10-25, 11:42   Link #37762
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Actually it was the inverse, more often than not. Though Eagle's example may actually happen.

Patient fell in love with the nurse because of his/her caringness, often, this is because the patient is emotionally insufficient, but not always. This is noted in the history of modern nursery, but not that detailed.

The feelings maybe reciprocated or not, but the later is more often in fiction (and of course, in real life).

If you are lucky enough, Hot Nurse do help too
Old 2012-10-25, 11:44   Link #37763
EagleBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

Well that isn't the Florence Nightingale effect anymore. It's strictly for caregivers that develop feelings for their patients.

I can't remember what the opposite is called though.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 11:53   Link #37764
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ D'oh, indeed, seems like I misread the reference book, Eagle is right (granted, it's close to midnight here )
Old 2012-10-26, 10:25   Link #37765
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Before i make my White Glint OC i have to know....

Why are there only female IS pilots? Some sexist stuff i hope not.
Old 2012-10-26, 10:34   Link #37766
Eratas123

Something to do with a machine fuck up. Tabane can fix it, but she doesn't care to.
Old 2012-10-26, 10:47   Link #37767
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Doesn't like men I see? think I'll take my OC else where >.>
Old 2012-10-26, 10:52   Link #37768
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Not exactly that... More like your average programmer who knows his/her program has some bugs in it but is too darn lazy to patch it up because it still works... relatively.
Old 2012-10-26, 11:58   Link #37769
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ah okay, Well I'll work on it later, for now back to work.

the strongest IS ever.

Old 2012-10-26, 12:40   Link #37770
DarkJak2050

Oh ho. Looks like we got a new author thrown into the mix now. And also, another crossover in the archive.

Shinobi of the Sky (Crossover with Naruto)

Now, I'm kind of stuck in a ruck here. Can you guys give me a generalization of the Canon Character's personality/traits? Personality/traits for...

Ichika
Houki
Cecilia
Rin
Charlotte
Laura

I know that I can just look it up, but I want your thoughts on them as well. The last thing I want to do, as well as all of us, is have the Canon Characters be Out of Character in out fics. Even when I've put them in my fic for a bit in Chapters 6-8, I'm not sure if they're In Character or not.

I'm going to need them for Chapter 9, because that chapter is where things are going to get crazy!
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 13:05   Link #37771
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Oh ho. Looks like we got a new author thrown into the mix now. And also, another crossover in the archive.

Shinobi of the Sky (Crossover with Naruto)

Now, I'm kind of stuck in a ruck here. Can you guys give me a generalization of the Canon Character's personality/traits? Personality/traits for...

Ichika
Houki
Cecilia
Rin
Charlotte
Laura

I know that I can just look it up, but I want your thoughts on them as well. The last thing I want to do, as well as all of us, is have the Canon Characters be Out of Character in out fics. Even when I've put them in my fic for a bit in Chapters 6-8, I'm not sure if they're In Character or not.

I'm going to need them for Chapter 9, because that chapter is where things are going to get crazy!
Ichika
>has hidden anger issue (get angry(as in "willing to resort to violence") when people insult his country or his sister)
Edit: I think it goes well with his Physical/Practical approach to problems... Usually Males think using their head first but if they can't resolve things with their intellect, they resort to physical mode of thinking.
For example:
Fixing a television, Man tries to fix it....
It's not very effective
Man hammer television in frustration.

>Otherwise, as dense as wood, at the worst no personality at all.

Houki
> Batman. Er... the always unhappy type.
> Can get Drunk on power....
> Tsundere
> Can't spill it out

Cecilia
> Bad Cook
> Prideful (take lots of pride in her family and country)
> (your mileage may vary) Oujo-type
> Could actually be the weakest IS pilot among the Harem(In fact, I think her IS skill is (mostly) informed ability)
> Might have shades of working too hard
> Yandere
>Tsundere

Rin
> Good Cook
>Spitfire type (Quick to get angry)
> Yandere
>Tsundere

Charlotte
> Yamato Nadeshiko type
> Stepford Smiler (Smile a lot but you can sense(not see) which is "I-am-going-to-kill-you" smile from Death Aura)
>Also Yandere (in novel)

Laura
> Kuudere
> Don't insult Chifuyu (unless you want to die)
> Obedient solider
> No social Skill

In short: At the very worst, all the main characters have violent tendency....

Last edited by agetreme; 2012-10-26 at 13:21.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 13:54   Link #37772
DarkJak2050

Okay, but what about when they're in combat? How do they normally react in those kind of situations?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 14:25   Link #37773
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Kyero
Welcome to I.S. fanfic thread, I suppose you have yet to be familiar with how the fandom works, so let me give you a pointer (or five)

1. If you make an OC, be careful if it's male
1a. Female OC is a pain in the ass to write (since most I.S. fic writer are, in fact, male), but more easily passed by fandom.
2. Especially if he can use I.S.
2a. Alternative machine can be justified
3. Never forget about Ichika's own existence either
3a. If he got one of the canon girls, don't be too greedy
3b. OC harem however, is acceptable
4. You can explain the reason of why (for both of them), or not at all
5. As much as you can, keep the power balance
5a. So are spotlight distribution

I knew you're not a new author (I read your fic actually), however this fandom is extremely skeptical when it comes to male OC (long history), and many new author stumped on the points mentioned above and failed. I'll wait hopefully for this project of yours

(Also, White Glint rocks)

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-10-26 at 14:40.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 20:56   Link #37774
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Okay, but what about when they're in combat? How do they normally react in those kind of situations?
This is what I think:

Ichika: Going Head-on... then if that fail. Formula a plan based on information collected. Lose his cool if people imitate Chifuyu's style.

=

Houki: Mentioned before, can get drunk with power. Might forget about her surrounding.

Collateral damages expected.... (mostly because she don't really have much idea how her machine work and her machine is too high-spec to care)

=

Cecilia: Calmer than the two above.... Like normal person, less cool and more stressed when in pressured.

=

Rin.....relies on brute forcing her way through things.... that's all you need to know. A little berserk-y yet still in control.

==

Charlotte is confident because she is the most skilled among the harem. She is rather careful too (considering that she is the only one who actually deploy an IS shield)

=

Laura... is a smug snake (that's why a lot of OC enjoy beating her up)... Why? Because she has AIC..... theoretically, nothing can touch her and she is trained by Badass Chifuyu (read: most OC are actually more likely to be taken down than end in victory)
====

Edit:
Quote:
1. If you make an OC, be careful if it's male
Quote:
2. Especially if he can use I.S.
> Most Males in universe are actually wimpy (OC pilots are actually the 1% of manly males left)
> Having a male soldier/IS pilot is trying to imply that other than being in a war, a male is technically good for nothing. (Which means the females are right. I am a stubborn guy. I rather lose in a fight than proving them right!)

Quote:
1a. Female OC is a pain in the ass to write (since most I.S. fic writer are, in fact, male), but more easily passed by fandom.
> (Psst...because the harem girls are yandere... getting too close to Ichika = death).

Quote:
2a. Alternative machine can be justified
> My Personal opinion: Give a back-story how the alternative machine came to be... or at least make it interesting/different from IS.
-It bored me when people just say: We have technology equal to IS! For no apparent reason.... (Even though based on the canon, most researchers/scienist have no idea how IS work, let alone create a technology equal to IS)
Quote:
5. As much as you can, keep the power balance
Main characters are not a gauge for your character's skill... To be very honest, there are only two skilled IS pilots in Ichika's Harem: Charlotte and Laura, the rest are just decent at the very best.

Last edited by agetreme; 2012-10-26 at 21:25.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 22:37   Link #37775
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Spoiler for rewrite of astra exodus:

EDIT: was it bad that I actually just omitted any action for Charlotte and Cecilia mostly because it wouldn't be anything constructive or witty anyway?

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-10-27 at 04:50.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 06:18   Link #37776
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Honestly, dunno. Fans (char-fanatic and all) might say yes, but I think it's just a matter of timing. If you think it's inappropriate (situation etc), don't.
Old 2012-10-27, 07:11   Link #37777
Eratas123

Finally got internet back, and yet there's nobody on:/
Old 2012-10-27, 08:03   Link #37778
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Wut? I'm here since morning AFAIK
Old 2012-10-27, 08:31   Link #37779
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Spoiler for astra exodus rewrite part 2:

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-10-28 at 03:36.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 08:36   Link #37780
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

one word: AWESOME

(And it's auto-assembly now, Stu Point -5 )

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest