AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-22, 00:30   Link #21
justpassingby

Taking this lunch break time to post this. Being busy with works and the new football season. I am currently at vol 6 when Ai was trialed by the witch and Dee became her lawyer. I remembered I fell asleep during the earlier part of Vol 6 until Yuri came and karate-chopped Alis for holding her adopted daughter's (Ai) hand.
Of course, the reason I awoke was because he said "Chesssstooooooo"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei09 View Post
I just wanna know if this is true... I've seen some rumors around the net saying that there'll be some kind of time skip and Ai will be a teen by then, is this true?
Also, Does Alice like Ai or Dee?
If by going back to 12 years ago inside Ostea is considered a time skip, yes there is one in Vol 5. And Ai celebrated her 13th birthday inside the Sealed Country. Yuri gave her a barrette as a present while Alis gave her the repaired shovel and her GK uniform. Of course I don't know if there is one time-skip in vol 7 or 8.

Oh, Alis obtained his "Buzzer Beater" when he buzzer beater-ed the opponent team from 25 meters. He then quit basketball because he realized his ability is cheating. He thought that it is beautiful when a dream is not fulfilled and people strive to achieve them.
One of my favorite scene is when Ai challenged Alis to 1-on-1 without knowing the rules. She goal-tended him and played a full court .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exether View Post
lol Should have phrased my question better to get a more extended answer for that one... Thanks for the details. Got another question if you don't mind.

About Celica and Scar? Are we going to see more of them in future volumes? What will they be doing?

Also Julie... Will he continue the journey with Ai? Basically... Which are the recurrent characters? aka "Ai's Party"
Vol 3 ended with Yuri went Rambo to save Ai. He didn't do much though. Scar left her baby (parental neglect ) because of her identity crisis. The teachers of Gora were crazy bastards that they were wiling to kill those who tried to break out from the academy, saying that if the students died the school could always ship them to Ortus.

There was a scene with Ulla and Kiriko at the end of Vol 3 where they were lobbying for a start of a new rule after they denied the wish of the Elders when they helped Scar (now Ulla's mother) and the gang to escape Ortus earlier in the book. Ulla said that she would be a King, and Kiriko replied that he would make her one. Of course it is another story that won't be told in the LN. (damn you Mr. Author :P)

Vol 4 began with Ai leaving her school friends after staying a while at Tanya's house.
Celica was a Scar-detector, as Ai and her merry friends climbed a tower so high (1000+ floors) they saw the Aurora. There are Encyclopedia of Gravekeepers as people have been studying them, and the party witnessed how a Gravekeeper came to Earth.
They climbed a ZA TAWAA, where each floor gave a different setting. Considered it as a journey of Laki the Dead which was also a GK Hunter that killed and buried 23 GKs, as he was waiting the one GK that buried her sister long ago to bury himself.
They recovered Scar in the end, and Yuri, Scar, Celica, Ai (and Ulla) became a family.

Vol 5 took place inside Ostea, as Ai was looking the way to free the people from resetting that happened every July 28th. It was the day when Alis died and his 17 friends wished those happy days with Alis would return. Dee lose her powers when the seal was broken. She had her physical body now.

Okay back to work. I can't remember all the details, as my head hurts from all this MATLAB-ing. I'll try to answer further questions if I have the free time to reread those novels (when there are no football games :P).

And damn it Kino where is my copy of Kaminai manga vol 4? I don't want to do multiple journeys just to collect the manga and LN on different days.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-08-22 at 06:59.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 10:06   Link #22
rebelwings

Spoiler images from Volume to the latest Volume 8

Spoiler for Volume 4:

Spoiler for Volume 5:

Spoiler for Volume 6:

Spoiler for Volume 7:

Spoiler for Volume 8:

I'm just curious here... Is volume 9 the last volume or is there a continuation after volume 9?

Also, I found this spoiler regards to volume 3 prolouge from one of the user sfxchi

Spoiler for Spoiler for volume 3 from tumblr user sfxchi:

Last edited by rebelwings; 2013-08-27 at 19:31. Reason: adding more spoilers
rebelwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 09:25   Link #23
sakura95

does anyone know what happened in the vol 8 of the light novel? i saw the pictures and got really curious about it
also thank u very much everyone for the useful info and spoilers
arigato gouzaimasu
sakura95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 02:50   Link #24
justpassingby

^
Spoiler for welp:

That was the final sentence of vol 8. :P.
Half-human half-gravekeeper is a Deados now?

Oh well, according to the afterwords, vol 9 will be the last one.

Though I think it's already being said, but I feel I need to say it again.
What a waste of papers. Not because the story was bad, but the density of words per paper is lesser compared to
other novels I'm following like the likes from Asahi Publications.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-09-09 at 03:05.
Old 2013-09-09, 15:48   Link #25
NotVeryMuchAPro

Excuse my nooby-ness, as you can guess by my user name. But I have a few questions, some might be off-topic (related to the anime version). I hope that someone can be generous enough to spare their time to answer them. Well, here goes:

- In volume 5, was Dee the one who died, or was it Alis?

- Will Dee get her body back if the loop breaks?

- Is the anime version of Kamisama No Inai Nichiyoubi faithful to this?

- Can someone summarize the whole 8 volumes? I read every post in this thread, but I couldn't find much help, because they're all scattered.

Thank you in advance for answering my nooby questions!
NotVeryMuchAPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 00:51   Link #26
rebelwings

I'm not sure whether this has been asked before but I want to ask again.

Is there any shipping moments in volume 6 to volume 8?
- Alis x Ai
- Yuri (Julie) x Scar
Old 2013-09-10, 07:08   Link #27
justpassingby

I made a mistake. Alis and Dee got out 12 years ago, but Ai and her merry friends went back to 14 years ago. This means Alis experienced the resetting for 2 years before he could escape. He also mentioned that there were at least 2 major wars and one epidemic through out those 14 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotVeryMuchAPro View Post

- In volume 5, was Dee the one who died, or was it Alis?

- Will Dee get her body back if the loop breaks?

- Is the anime version of Kamisama No Inai Nichiyoubi faithful to this?

- Can someone summarize the whole 8 volumes? I read every post in this thread, but I couldn't find much help, because they're all scattered.

Thank you in advance for answering my nooby questions!
- Alis died, Ai cried. And it was stupid to say the least. He saved Dee and fell instead.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
By stupid I meant the 11th hour revelation, just like when Celica was brought to light in the dying pages of vol 2

- Yes Dee got her body back, after the sealed world crumbled.
Earlier in vol 6 Ai woke up from a nightmare where she buried Alis for the sake of her dream. Both the girls went to clean Alis' grave.

- Are you kidding? My "Za Tawaa" was not animated, and I went "Za Fakku!?" instead. Funny moments (which were aplenty) were omitted, and the anime tried to overplay with the emotions. But, like I said earlier, if the "emotions" parts were not played than Mikako-shi's song would probably had gotten little attention.

Then again, when the conclusion/outcome is more important than the process, I guess the anime is faithful to the source material.

-I don't know how to summarize non-technical paper

p.s. Not enough legs from Kitakoshi unlike many other females singer during the recent Anisama.
Old 2013-09-10, 07:54   Link #28
rebelwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post

- Alis died, Ai cried. And it was stupid to say the least. He saved Dee and fell instead.

Earlier in vol 6 Ai woke up from a nightmare where she buried Alis for the sake of her dream. Both the girls went to clean Alis' grave.
So, is Alis dead or alive?? If he died, is that Alis appeared in volume 7 and 8 or someone that look like him??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwings View Post
Spoiler for Volume 7:

Spoiler for Volume 8:
Old 2013-09-10, 16:00   Link #29
NotVeryMuchAPro

Quote:
I made a mistake. Alis and Dee got out 12 years ago, but Ai and her merry friends went back to 14 years ago. This means Alis experienced the resetting for 2 years before he could escape. He also mentioned that there were at least 2 major wars and one epidemic through out those 14 years.

Images
By stupid I meant the 11th hour revelation, just like when Celica was brought to light in the dying pages of vol 2

- Are you kidding? My "Za Tawaa" was not animated, and I went "Za Fakku!?" instead. Funny moments (which were aplenty) were omitted, and the anime tried to overplay with the emotions. But, like I said earlier, if the "emotions" parts were not played than Mikako-shi's song would probably had gotten little attention.

Then again, when the conclusion/outcome is more important than the process, I guess the anime is faithful to the source material.

p.s. Not enough legs from Kitakoshi unlike many other females singer during the recent Anisama.
First and foremost, thank you so much for answering my inquiries .

- Glad to know that Dee is alive <3, I have a soft spot for little girls (not saying that I don't have soft spot for girls, I like girls. But due to my sister complex, guess I view her as a little sister?)

- So after that, Dee goes on the journey with Ai and Scar and Cecila and Julie?

- Well, I'd just like the main bullet points of the novels :P.

If you have time for these extra inquiries, I thank you.
NotVeryMuchAPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 22:27   Link #30
scyrp
FanBoi

Quote:

Images

If that is true, that is incredibly sad. Why must every cool character in this show die?

The only semi-badass character left is Yuri, and he is losing his cool-streak and becoming more passive and father-like every episode D:
scyrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 23:19   Link #31
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyrp View Post
If that is true, that is incredibly sad. Why must every cool character in this show die?
Maybe bec. there is no God in there

Thanks for the hints again jpb, another tidbits of info went in my database.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2013-09-11, 12:39   Link #32
rei09

Learning that Alis will die is a huge shock, I like him
but how come he's still in the later novels?

And I'd like to ask what is this, some kind of alternate world? The short haired glasses girl is Ai, right?
Spoiler for vol.7:

Heine x Naoto
rei09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 10:57   Link #33
rebelwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei09 View Post
Learning that Alis will die is a huge shock, I like him
but how come he's still in the later novels?

And I'd like to ask what is this, some kind of alternate world? The short haired glasses girl is Ai, right?
Spoiler for vol.7:
Spoiler for Volume 6 Japanese text:
Old 2013-09-22, 06:16   Link #34
AP24

The anime just ended and I want to clarify which novel's volumes the episodes were adapted from. Is this correct?
Vol 1: Ep 1-3
Vol 2: Ep 4-6
Vol 3: Ep 7-8
Vol 4: Ep 9
Vol 5: Ep 10-12

Also, is vol 9 will be the final volume? If so then it's possible for the anime to get another season that will cover the rest of the volumes. But I hear the last arc in the anime had some differences with novel's vol 5 and it went with an anime original ending.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 08:23   Link #35
justpassingby

Yes for the first question.

Yes for the second one, unless the author said otherwise in the future. If disk sales determine the possibility of Season 2, so don't hold your breath. Heck, don't hold your breath because you could die :P.

But then again, if Season 2 means more KitaKoshi, let's 成仏しようぜ!!

The anime ending is more the less like the novel, but of course there are differences. The most memorable one was that Ai didn't figure out that Alis was the one that died, and she was like "Eh? Eh?"

I'm not at my own PC, and definitely not in my room, so I don't have the books with me right now so let's watch football, so I can't answer for details. So where's my fellow Japanese readers at?

I think if people could make it to AnimeSuki, I'm positive that they can ask Bakatsuki forums for better brass tacks, if (and it is) this thread is not sufficient.

Just my 2 centimes:
I've been in a position where I had to depend on translation, so when I am Japanese-able, I've tried to return the favor by translating some manga (Gundam UC0081, and some /m/anga that you could not get the physical copies unless Yahoo! auction of friends in Japan or something) and eventually I stopped translating because I think it's not the right thing to do. I do feel bad for my editor though.

Now I've been buying my own entertainment, I'm not going to stop others to ask for translation, but AS is not the place. You'll have better chance at BakaTsuki.
Just make sure the translator is a Responsible Person, that he/she owns what's he/she working on.
Also, one of my pet peeves is when the translation goes something like this:
Japanese (free) -> some other language (free) -> English (absolutely it's going to be free at this stage).

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-09-22 at 09:12.
Old 2013-09-22, 11:16   Link #36
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'll ask what everybody after me would probably be asking...

...So dem last few seconds of the Anime ending... What's up with that ~_~ ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 04:18   Link #37
rebelwings

I am not sure this is the right place to post as I am still wondering that if Alis died in the novel, then how come he is still around in the latest novel.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2013-09-23, 04:31   Link #38
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I am not sure this is the right place to post as I am still wondering that if Alis died in the novel, then how come he is still around in the latest novel.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

I see, so it's basically all about the loopholes huh?

Spoiler:
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 07:00   Link #39
rebelwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I see, so it's basically all about the loopholes huh?

Spoiler:

But I hope this 'wish theory' thingy applied in the LN as well since majority believed that Alis is dead... -___-

This post is from the anime forum of this series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
I got this from a LN reader, so I thought this was worth a look...

Spoiler:
Old 2013-09-23, 16:01   Link #40
scyrp
FanBoi

Quote:
But I hope this 'wish theory' thingy applied in the LN as well since majority believed that Alis is dead... -___-

This post is from the anime forum of this series.
Ok I am a little slow in pickings things up so I need one more clarification on the wish theory..to my understanding it is this

Spoiler:

Did I get all of that?
scyrp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasia bunko