AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2022-03-24, 13:39   Link #361
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

As of the present, has Sakurai given us any clues about the future of Emile and Louis? It feels like they will head towards a tragic end and that they are delaying the inevitable
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-09, 16:43   Link #362
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Sona-Nyl localisation is done?
The impossible finally happened?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-12, 23:38   Link #363
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Sona-Nyl localisation is done?
The impossible finally happened?
Yeah, Manga Gamer announced it a few days ago.
Old 2023-11-15, 15:20   Link #364
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Hey guys. Is there a list of all the Gahkthun-related side stories I can use to try to track down all the stories Sakurai released? I have no problems with the lists being JP-only. Thanks and sorry for the trouble
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-04, 21:11   Link #365
Qliphoth Bacikal

Mangagamer finally finishing up Sona Nyl is a godsend~

That's a hell of a long ass time for them to do, if I'm being honest.

Sona Nyl localization project was announced like, what? 2016? And now we're December and finally gonna get it released this month of 2023 lol.
Qliphoth Bacikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-05, 00:53   Link #366
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Ddraig Goch View Post
Hey guys. Is there a list of all the Gahkthun-related side stories I can use to try to track down all the stories Sakurai released? I have no problems with the lists being JP-only. Thanks and sorry for the trouble
Just read the Novel Anthology book and play the Shinning Night and you have most of the content.
The rest are private content to event participants.
Old 2023-12-15, 21:36   Link #367
Qliphoth Bacikal

If Sona Nyl gets popular/well received enough, you think Mangagamer will continue on with the other main VN titles or is it possible for them to end it here with Gahkthun and Sona Nyl on their belt (title)?
Old 2024-01-20, 20:28   Link #368
Qliphoth Bacikal

Feel's like I might be asking a repeat question here, but what was this "Core Plan" that was talked about by Rosenkreuz and others?

The Gahkthun Official Blog mentioned it in one of its glossaries, and I got a hand on some magazines from Liarsoft that someone I talked to online gave to me that also had a short story talk about it.

Was the Core Plan something related to Tesla, or is that just something Rosenkreuz had on the side that was more of a "personal thing" for him to do on behalf of the Society?

Been a solid minute since I last touched any Steampunk Series stuff so it's not really clicking to me if I missed/forgot some things about it or whatnot.
Old 2024-01-20, 20:46   Link #369
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

We do not know the ultimate goal of their core plan.
But whatever had been done about the core plan you can see Golden King took it very personally.
The plan involves copying the the technology of the Tick Tock Man and the eventual elimination of the said Outer God. Which is why all the experiments so far are cracking experiments.
But we all know by this point Golden King have a lot of complex over Tick Tock Man. How hard Golden King is copying Tick Tock Man in Gahkthun almost made me felt pitiful of the evil rose.
Old 2024-01-20, 20:59   Link #370
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:
We do not know the ultimate goal of their core plan.
But whatever had been done about the core plan you can see Golden King took it very personally.
The plan involves copying the the technology of the Tick Tock Man and the eventual elimination of the said Outer God. Which is why all the experiments so far are cracking experiments.
But we all know by this point Golden King have a lot of complex over Tick Tock Man. How hard Golden King is copying Tick Tock Man in Gahkthun almost made me felt pitiful of the evil rose.
Edit: Ah, so that's what it is.

Yeah I read that, but wasn't quite sure if it was also something Tesla related. Wanted to make sure I wasn't somehow mixing them up with whatever this actually was. Thanks.

The short story was very amusing on Rosenkreuz's hate boner for Tock Tock Man, but yeah that's...yeah, it's really pitiful how far the Golden King is going at it.

Poor, poor Rose Man indeed...
Old 2024-01-20, 21:13   Link #371
Qliphoth Bacikal

Actually forgot to add this, but why does Golden King hate Edison (Tick Tock Man) exactly?

I like his hate boner for him, but it seems really ambitious if pitiful and insane of him to try and kill an Outer God.

Is this something hinted at in Steampunk's other mats like the fandiscs or the magazines?

I know the WN for Sona Nyl mentioned him hiring someone to go and kill Tick Tock Man, but still that doesn't tell me much else.

Unless the hate is related to his MUH SCIENCE mentality...or being King of the World mentality of his. Or is that also something unknown like the "Core Plan" bit?
Old 2024-01-20, 21:32   Link #372
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Tesla has always been on top of WIC's kill list ever since he used the Society to experiment on his Machine Belt and then ditched them.
Golden King's effort was spending 50 years gathering Tesla's acquaintances to kill them all at once.
His efforts to kill Tesla is fairly well thought out actually.

Just hopefully the evil rose can wake up at this point. I mean, all this hard work and you still can't beat Tesla, who Edison just casually stomped.
About time for the rose to admit he isn't going anywhere with his current approaches.

But we don't know why his hate on Tick Tock Man came from.
Golden King does hate Outer Gods in general though.

Thinking about it. Thanks to Rosenkreutz being totally not subtle in Gahkthun, it created this drastic difference in first time reaction between old readers and new readers with all those "oh please Rosenkreutz" moments that only old readers get.
I remember head desking so hard at the cracking field with the big clock when it shows up for the first time. I am like, serious? SERIOUS?
Then I rolled my eyes at that memory wipe machine that goes tick tock tick tock.
And those giant Golden Eyes in the end? I am like, yeah you are probably jealous of Edison in possession of the Oblivion Golden Eye, but come on? Are you a 5 year old or something?

Last edited by shmaster; 2024-01-20 at 22:49.
Old 2024-01-20, 21:47   Link #373
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:
Tesla has always been on top of WIC's kill list ever since he used the Society to experiment on his Machine Belt and then ditched them.
Golden King's effort was spending 80 years gathering Tesla's acquaintances to kill them all at once.
His efforts to kill Tesla is fairly well thought out actually.

Just hopefully the evil rose can wake up at this point. I mean, all this hard work and you still can't beat Tesla, who Edison just casually stomped.
About time for the rose to admit he isn't going anywhere with his current approaches.

But we don't know why his hate on Tick Tock Man came from.
Golden King does hate Outer Gods in general though.

Thinking about it. Thanks to Rosenkreutz being totally not subtle in Gahkthun, it created this drastic difference in first time reaction between old readers and new readers with all those "oh please Rosenkreutz" moments that only old readers get.
I remember head desking so hard at the cracking field with the big clock when it shows up for the first time. I am like, serious? SERIOUS?
Then I rolled my eyes at that memory wipe machine that goes tick tock tick tock.
And those giant Golden Eyes in the end? I am like, yeah you are probably jealous of Edison in possession of the Oblivion Golden Eye, but come on? Are you a 5 year old or something?
When you think about it too, he also capitalized on murking Neon's family down to just her, which weakened Tesla's connection to reality considerably I imagine.

Whether Rosenkreuz would have admitted it or not, Edison stomping out Tesla and throwing him into his Time Prison pretty much worked out so well that he actually could have just killed Tesla off for good without ever seeing his demise if the Marseille plan went off without him showing up...I think.

But poor Rose Man. Dude's plan got destroyed by MUH shonen-ish plot of everyone working together that got Tesla back to just OHKO him out of Marseille

Whenever Steampunk Series ever continues with Sakurai's direction, this would be an interesting look on if he'll ever have a moment "you know, maybe this was really a bit too much to tackle on", or something of that effect.
Old 2024-01-29, 13:47   Link #374
Qliphoth Bacikal

Having gone through Hypnos Evil Eye story, I noticed that M and Sebas got drinks based after the settings of what I assumed would be to come after Sona Nyl like Gahkthun and Shaggai. Ulthar was also name dropped but it was just a name as far as I know from that alone.

Edit: Is there any significance to those drinks named after a setting (plot) and place? I also know Edison ordered a cocktail drink or something named after NY, and Shaggai has been name dropped quite a bit in various side mats including the what if(?) story of Karashrer(?) (Or maybe it wasn't and I'm mixing this last one up but I have seen other side mats and stories mention it quite a bit).
Old 2024-01-29, 14:08   Link #375
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Yes, something is going on in Shaggai.
Nephran-Ka's group is up to something. It is also one of the cities that Tesla cannot enter.

Last edited by shmaster; 2024-01-29 at 14:27.
Old 2024-01-29, 14:13   Link #376
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:
Yes, something is going on in Shaggai.
Nephran-Ka's group is up to something. It is also one of the cities and Tesla cannot enter.
Ah, so they're plot significant places.

And damn, Tesla can't enter. Oof, gonna have be to be something that will have to tackle it if he can't go there.

I had a feeling they were future plot places being set up when Sakurai was around with Liar-soft still, seeing as Gahkthun got made with Marseille as the location for it.

...Too bad we still won't know what sort of mess Shaggai is in until she gets back full time on it...
Old 2024-02-25, 17:46   Link #377
Qliphoth Bacikal

Edit:

What's the significance of the Green Stone's?

I recall it being used to harm and affect "illusions" like Meta=Critters, Charlie was granted one for some reason, and Berta + Josephine had them in their respective weapons when they fought Tesla in Gahkthun. Turns out in Sona Nyl that Rosenkruez was there in NY after the 1st Crack Experiment when he tossed some green shard (Green Stone), plus something about M searching for the green stones in Inganock according to the WN and one of the Monthly magazine stories.

But what were they involved for? I can get the thing with Moran that shot the M=C's in Sharnoth and the Gahkthun peeps, but I forgot why Charlie even was given one or why Rose threw it in NY there.

Last edited by Qliphoth Bacikal; 2024-02-25 at 18:05.
Old 2024-02-25, 21:15   Link #378
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Green Stones are the fragments of Green Secret Books, which originated in Kadath.
They are said to be tomes that contains all knowledge in the world.
The Green Secret Books were also the ignition key if the Great Engine Hyubris.
Three copies were passed to the Northern Empire after it was established by Toth=Rom.
Imperial Family, Asteir Family, Sazan Family each possessed one copy.

WIC developed their technology by using these stones and are trying to collect as many fragments as possible.
Old 2024-02-28, 00:07   Link #379
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:
Green Stones are the fragments of Green Secret Books, which originated in Kadath.
They are said to be tomes that contains all knowledge in the world.
The Green Secret Books were also the ignition key if the Great Engine Hyubris.
Three copies were passed to the Northern Empire after it was established by Toth=Rom.
Imperial Family, Asteir Family, Sazan Family each possessed one copy.

WIC developed their technology by using these stones and are trying to collect as many fragments as possible.
DAMN.

Pretty important stones there.

But what's their significance in each of the parts of the series besides that?

Inganock, I recall there being said that Thoth gave the Grand/Archduke a Green Book/Emerald Tablet(?) for his experiment. Charlie was given one by Moriarty, the Professor, not to mention the Moran thing with green stone bullets. Rosenkreuz threw a stone at his "interview" about NY, and then there's those things again on weapons for Berta and Jo.

I kinda get the ones on Archduke, Moran, Berta, and Josephine.

But IDK why Charlie had one again and what even was going on with Rosenkreuz. Is there a reason for their cases?
Old 2024-02-29, 03:05   Link #380
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Charlie getting a green stone is a implication on how she got her Meta Critter and was able to make contract with M.

Golden King is pretty simple. WIC, wad able to monitor what happened within the underground New York. No explanation is needed when their special tech centers around the green stone in the first place.

Tags
喝采せよ!喝采せよ!, clock crack chrome!, lovecraftian fairytale