AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-31, 23:01   Link #5941
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
so..does that mean Curtana=original wasn't actually original? °__°
It is original, but is angelic weapon not a god-like weapon .
Old 2010-10-31, 23:49   Link #5942
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

It is the One Eyed Wōđinaz. Which is Odin in Denish. Just like how Ollerus is Ullr in Danish.

In Gesta Danorum, Ollerus has convinced the gods to exile Wōđinaz , and Ollerus himself take over Wōđinaz's position.

Which is why, in the novel, Ollerus uses Hlišskjįlf in the novel despite that is Wōđinazs's throne.

But eventually Wōđinaz uses bribery to take back his position and chased out Ollerus. Ollerus eventually fled to Sweden but got killed by Danish in the end.

This explains why, in the novel, Ollerus said his position was taken over by Wōđinaz.

Edit- Had some quick look in the text, found the actual Proto-Germanic spelling of the name: Wōđinaz

Last edited by shmaster; 2010-11-01 at 00:23.
Old 2010-11-01, 06:21   Link #5943
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Anyway, keep the poll there. I'm going to finish up Vol 1 Chp 1 first.
Well, this is the scenario. Back to weekly updates due to outdated technology.
Old 2010-11-01, 21:07   Link #5944
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Been reading the Daihasei Festival chapters. Pretty fun read. I hope the action picks up soon though...
Old 2010-11-02, 10:17   Link #5945
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, glad that you liked it.

Anyway, who's the one who said that I want to beat J.C. Staff in covering the novels?
Old 2010-11-02, 10:20   Link #5946
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Well, glad that you liked it.

Anyway, who's the one who said that I want to beat J.C. Staff in covering the novels?
Me .

I've finally read your last update Ping, thankful as always to you .
Old 2010-11-02, 10:35   Link #5947
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Oi oi, when did I say that anyway?

As circumstances stand, I'll be more of an admin than a translator now, since I'll be a lot slower.

The good news though is that there will likely be 3 new translators next month. The bad news is that if there are more than 10 ACTIVE translators (note: active as in at least 3 updates every month, 1 in 1 month is dormant, 1 in 9 months is extinct ), I'll likely transfer out to work solely on Baka Test.

The good thing is that this won't likely happen. The bad thing is that I need to spend my money to buy the novels BECAUSE THE COMPUTERS HERE DON'T HAVE CHINESE OR JAPANESE!!!
Old 2010-11-02, 10:50   Link #5948
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
It was more like "I (Wilfriback) hope the translators will finisth volumes 7-13 before the second season" , except for the vol. 11 all was almost "just as planned" (?) for me .

You need a break, there is enough material to enjoy reading, now that there are more visits on Index section from B-T.
Old 2010-11-02, 10:53   Link #5949
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:

As circumstances stand, I'll be more of an admin than a translator now, since I'll be a lot slower.

The good news though is that there will likely be 3 new translators next month. The bad news is that if there are more than 10 ACTIVE translators (note: active as in at least 3 updates every month, 1 in 1 month is dormant, 1 in 9 months is extinct ), I'll likely transfer out to work solely on Baka Test.

The good thing is that this won't likely happen. The bad thing is that I need to spend my money to buy the novels BECAUSE THE COMPUTERS HERE DON'T HAVE CHINESE OR JAPANESE!!!
Interesting news. Regardless of what happens, let me thank you again for all your hard work. I can`t even begin to imagine how much time it required.
Old 2010-11-02, 14:30   Link #5950
sasuke706

Quote:
The good news though is that there will likely be 3 new translators next month. The bad news is that if there are more than 10 ACTIVE translators
Index has a problem with vanishing potential/new translators, as I'm pretty sure I've seen at least 4 others express interest in translating, but bail. Bravo for you and Joay persevering, and of Flere, who said he pretty much only wanted to translate sections he was interested in (there were quite a bunch of them).

Quote:
You mean that thing the Index project has never had on B-T, the Project Administrator or Project Supervisor? Whatever they're supposed to do, anyway.

And about the Windows XP dilemma, don't the novels (at least the Japanese ones) also come in scans, like in .jpg/.png format? I know they can be pretty bad, but they should be readable for the most part. If you want to type or double-check a character though, you're pretty much out of luck.
Old 2010-11-02, 18:30   Link #5951
Suzuku
(`・⊝・“)/\(`・⊝・“)

Quote:

You mean the computers have a problem displaying the Japanese image (which shouldn't be... since it's an image) or you use a .txt file for the novels?
Old 2010-11-02, 20:07   Link #5952
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Worse. I can't download anything here.
Old 2010-11-02, 20:49   Link #5953
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
You don't own your own laptop or something that can read chinese/japanese?

Old 2010-11-02, 21:09   Link #5954
outerelf

Quote:
Worse. I can't download anything here.
Ahh, behold, don't you love army computers? And you can't even use USB drives anymore.
Old 2010-11-02, 21:48   Link #5955
Flere821
Lurker

I've posted another part on B-T, pt 6 of the Epilogue where Kazakiri and Aiwass talks for a bit. It's right before where Mikoto found the Gekota strap.

I won't be updating for the next few days (dut to a ton of things to do in RL =/), but I'll try and finish the whole Epilogue by Sunday.
Old 2010-11-02, 22:05   Link #5956
outerelf

Kay, meesa gots a question...

According to TvTropes the Tokidowa dorm supervisor faced and defeated the Hound Dogs- anyone know where this is touched upon? Or is it from the Railgun episode all about speculating about the dorm supervisor?
Old 2010-11-02, 22:41   Link #5957
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post

According to TvTropes the Tokidowa dorm supervisor faced and defeated the Hound Dogs- anyone know where this is touched upon? Or is it from the Railgun episode all about speculating about the dorm supervisor?
It's from the extra Railgun chapter 8.5 where the scientists really want to figure out what Mikoto's panties look like to make the clones 'as realistic as possible'.
Old 2010-11-02, 22:49   Link #5958
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
It's from the extra Railgun chapter 8.5 where the scientists really want to figure out what Mikoto's panties look like to make the clones 'as realistic as possible'.
wait, this really happnes, or as something like index-tan and MMR?
Old 2010-11-02, 22:53   Link #5959
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Probably an omake.
Old 2010-11-02, 23:33   Link #5960
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post

Index manga omake. The scientists wanting to copy Mikoto to a T for the Sisters wants to know what panties she's wearing. Hound Dogs were sent to steal panties in a girls dorm... Dorm manager is seen standing over the bodies of the elite special forces team.

Really the woman is given the job to control the behavior of mostly Level 4 powered middle school girls including one Level 5. What do you expect?!

Touma and Kuruko were freaking lucky they didn't get caught. Bringing a boy with you alone in your dorm room... Its like Kuroko has a death wish doing that.

This is the badass normal human that Mikoto Misaka utterly fears.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen