AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-15, 17:27   Link #661
iFourier

Since the Saegusa are involved with that Zhou guy, and that Zhou guy is probably looking for revenge on the Yotsuba, since the Yotsuba owned Dahan or whatever that country is called, which is where his from, I do believe the Yotsuba might end up in a clan war against the Saegusa. This would then lead to Koichi's death. Mayumi will end up with Tats as a alliance between the new head and maya.
AND SO THE MAYUMI SHIP WILL NOT SINK!
iFourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 17:35   Link #662
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javani View Post
Probably impossible because the author has admitted Miyuki is too much brocon for love an another man.
People change. Take Tatsuya away from her by killing him off could have a huge impact.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 17:40   Link #663
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
People change. Take Tatsuya away from her by killing him off could have a huge impact.
I think that would only make her commit suicide

By the way, what was the reaction of that Kuroba guy when Tatsuya restored his arm? He should at least know a little of Tatsuya's badassness by now right?
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 17:55   Link #664
Javani

Quote:
When the main girl is in love with the MC it's rarely for change that in the future, if it happen we call it NTR and I don't see that happening. The author would not have written 13 volumes who show unconditional love of Miyuki for her brother and how nothing can change that. Tsutomu know MiyukixTatsuya have a huge fanbase in Japan (very far ahead mayumi shippers)
Javani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 18:33   Link #665
Zoks

Quote:
When the main girl is in love with the MC it's rarely for change that in the future, if it happen we call it NTR and I don't see that happening. The author would not have written 13 volumes who show unconditional love of Miyuki for her brother and how nothing can change that. Tsutomu know MiyukixTatsuya have a huge fanbase in Japan (very far ahead mayumi shippers)
And his publishers won't allow such an ending. You know what else had a lot of fans? Peter Parker being married to Mary Jane. Guess what happened to that?
Old 2014-04-15, 18:37   Link #666
Diocar

If tats died it would be in some kind of mission for miyuki's bennefict, and i Am sorry but that would completly destroy her... She is already obecessed with having saved her once, If he died helping her in some way she would kill herself.
If anyone dies it will probably be miyuki to repay him, and it would be interesting to see how tats develops without her.

Ps. ppl put tats and miyuki together because she loves him and he loves her, he just thinks it is brotherly love.... Poor guy doesn't know the dif (and they don't to consumate their relashion to admit how they feel)
Oh i forgot. The yotsuba is a shady clan. Can anyone honestly see masaki or anyone of miyuki's age organising assassinations, blackmails, torture or forbiden surveilances? Hell no one besides tats would even want to be associated with any of that...
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 18:40   Link #667
Javani

Quote:
And his publishers won't allow such an ending. You know what else had a lot of fans? Peter Parker being married to Mary Jane. Guess what happened to that?
Dengeki Bunko? the same as Oreimo? If the author want this ending, nothing can change that
Javani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 18:42   Link #668
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
If tats died it would be in some kind of mission for miyuki's bennefict, and i Am sorry but that would completly destroy her... She is already obecessed with having saved her once, If he died helping her in some way she would kill herself.
If anyone dies it will probably be miyuki to repay him, and it would be interesting to see how tats develops without her.

Ps. ppl put tats and miyuki together because she loves him and he loves her, he just thinks it is brotherly love.... Poor guy doesn't know the dif (and they don't to consumate their relashion to admit how they feel)
I haven't seen anything that suggests he feels anything else towards her. He's not jealous of her being around other men when he knows they are harmless.
Old 2014-04-15, 18:43   Link #669
IceHism

If tatsuya died, Miyuki would have no one to repay, no one she loves, and no one to give herself to.
I would say she would either commit suicide or go completely insane/psychopath if that happened.

Now if Miyuki died, i don't think Tatsuya would ever be able to feel emotion again and i'm pretty sure Tatsuya would have no way to commit suicide so he'll probably just become a cold hearted weapon and the world moves on just the way it has.

Though i don't see miyuki or tatsuya dying throughout this series.

I would say the only thing that may possibly hint to "romantic" feelings from Tatsuya to Miyuki is the fact that she is the only person in the world that he can even show emotion to. She literally keeps him human.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 18:52   Link #670
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Nope, if one of the two dies, the other one will go on a vindictive streak to avenge for the dead one and will bury the world in fire!!! Or ice...
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 19:07   Link #671
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
If tatsuya died, Miyuki would have no one to repay, no one she loves, and no one to give herself to.
I would say she would either commit suicide or go completely insane/psychopath if that happened.
Miyuki would become the second coming of Maya Yotsuba, for all intents and purposes if Tatsuya died.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 20:50   Link #672
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Miyuki would become the second coming of Maya Yotsuba, for all intents and purposes if Tatsuya died.
There's more than one avenue for her to end up as a second Maya.

I still wonder if Tatsuya really would go on a vindictive rampage if Miyuki died somehow. I mean, yeah it's a huge possibility, in fact it's most likely that he would.

But what if he just sort of, shuts down. His last thread of emotion is cut, what if we just end up with a more emotionally dead Tatsuya than ever. Or or a purposeless Tatsuya. What would that be like

This is a separate point, but I do always kind of feel that, since they're a pair, if one dies the other might die shortly after.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 21:01   Link #673
cyberdemon

Quote:
The author could always pull a Not Blood Related ending. There are 3 plot points that could lead to it depending on how the author pulls it off.

1. The first few years of Tatsuya's life. We know nothing of him before the experiment. Miyuki grew up normally and she didn't even know Tatsuya until after the experiment.

2. Even if Tatsuya doesn't conform to their views on magic, it's a little much if all the adults hate and despise just for that. There's a chance that there is much more to it than that.

3. The reason why Maya can't have children. Even if she was raped advances in medicine and magic could fix the physical damage but they didn't even consider a surrogate (like Miya) before cancelling her engagement to Koichi. This likely means that with the experiments they performed on her, they likely stole her eggs giving them access to strong genes to advance their magic research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
There's more than one avenue for her to end up as a second Maya.

I still wonder if Tatsuya really would go on a vindictive rampage if Miyuki died somehow. I mean, yeah it's a huge possibility, in fact it's most likely that he would.

But what if he just sort of, shuts down. His last thread of emotion is cut, what if we just end up with a more emotionally dead Tatsuya than ever. Or or a purposeless Tatsuya. What would that be like

This is a separate point, but I do always kind of feel that, since they're a pair, if one dies the other might die shortly after.
don't forget what he did to the group during the 9SC. He massacred them for just trying to harm her. If she died he'd hunt down and kill each and everyone involved even to the point where he overuses his magic much like what happened to the other Yotsuba after what happened to Maya. He has a high psion count but that doesn't mean it is unlimited.

Honestly I see this as a very likely ending to the novel. I could see it having him going and hunting down those involve as his body weakens from overusing his magic but also as a result slowly regaining his emotions as the magic Miya used weakens from the overuse. and it isn't until he is laying close to death from overuse that he truly feels emotion for the first time. This way will also give Miyuki her wish because he would be like a true Yotsuba then. Not like what they are now but what they were before when a small group threw themselves at an entire enemy country and destroyed them for the sake of one very wronged girl.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2014-04-15 at 21:37.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 21:06   Link #674
hakazee

Quote:
Dengeki Bunko? the same as Oreimo? If the author want this ending, nothing can change that
Yeah the same with Oreimo.
Mahouka can end like Oreimo of course.

I think Oreimo ending is good enough for Kirino and Kyousuke.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 21:49   Link #675
IceHism

I don't see how the oreimo ending would work with Tatsuya and Miyuki though. Tsutomu better get creative on this.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 21:49   Link #676
Lazy cat

if miyuki die then the part of tats mind that is used to store his feelings for her would be released to have new emotions.(after he exterminate all the involved in her death)
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 22:22   Link #677
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
don't forget what he did to the group during the 9SC. He massacred them for just trying to harm her. If she died he'd hunt down and kill each and everyone involved even to the point where he overuses his magic much like what happened to the other Yotsuba after what happened to Maya. He has a high psion count but that doesn't mean it is unlimited.

Honestly I see this as a very likely ending to the novel. I could see it having him going and hunting down those involve as his body weakens from overusing his magic but also as a result slowly regaining his emotions as the magic Miya used weakens from the overuse. and it isn't until he is laying close to death from overuse that he truly feels emotion for the first time. This way will also give Miyuki her wish because he would be like a true Yotsuba then. Not like what they are now but what they were before when a small group threw themselves at an entire enemy country and destroyed them for the sake of one very wronged girl.
Massacring people who try to harm her is entirely different from what I was trying to get. He killed everyone for trying to harm her, he's meant to protect her and succeeded. I'm talking about the scenario where he fails. Just fails. My point is, she's already dead. He can't protect her anymore, save her anymore, she's just gone. So what if Tatsuya sort of shuts down? His last real emotional source is dead and that can have a huge impact on a person. His whole purpose in life, his one role, his one duty is gone. He's an extremely logical person, he'll recognize nothing can bring her back. Killing everyone can't bring her back. He can't move forward right away because his purpose is gone. So what if he just shuts down and does nothing for a while? What if Tatsuya just breaks?

I'm not trying to prove the validity of it, or change anyone's way of thinking, I think it's something interesting to stop and think about. What would Tatsuya do from then, what would he do when he picked himself back up, how would he move forward, what would he make into his new purpose. I think it's an interesting thing to think about.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 22:31   Link #678
novalysis

I think a more interesting story will emerge if Tatsuya dies, and Miyuki lives. It would be a Start of Darkness story, where Miyuki's tendencies towards ruthlessness and cruelty win out, and a monster even worse than Maya Yotsuba is born. That girl already has it in her. In-fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she would try to recreate another Tatsuya.

Therein I think lies one of the most interesting theme of Mahouka - the master worships the slave, but the slave serves the master. They are each others chains, and each others moral compasses.

Or , they cold both die, and the Kuroba's inherit the clan. The twins are about as decent as any Yotsuba could be, and would probably be preferable to Miyuki the insane tyrant.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 22:35   Link #679
Chimurry

Miyuki could argue give the 4th Clan a Power Up with Tats and her baby, genetics dont lie and should be a Black Horse, must probably another Strategic Magician, they love stuff like that (10 Master Clan, Gov and the Family), take as 20 year term National Security investment and Yotsuba almigty secured to next Generation and theres no need to everyone know it was sexual intercourse, coul say it was Articial inssemination, BTW: Could someone clear to me if Kuduo child was on artificial womb? or theres no mention?.
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 23:03   Link #680
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
Oh i forgot. The yotsuba is a shady clan. Can anyone honestly see masaki or anyone of miyuki's age organising assassinations, blackmails, torture or forbiden surveilances? Hell no one besides tats would even want to be associated with any of that...
Male: Fumiya
Female: Ayako