AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-02, 01:19   Link #1641
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
Let's all come back from this little Kyle XY trip we took, okay?
What Kyle XY trip?
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 02:13   Link #1642
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Here's something I want to discuss: The possibility of a 3rd Shiba sibling.

Like Tatsurou having a daughter with Sayuri that he's desperately trying to keep out of Yotsuba eyes. I feel like this would be a nice development for the story and some of the side characters.

Also, I feel like this kind of a reveal would cast serious doubts on the nature of his feelings for Miyuki. Because assuming it was true, and it turns out Tatsuya has another sister, I have a feeling Tatsuya isn't going to feel anything more for her than any other girl. Which means his feelings are less "love for my sister" as it is "love for Miyuki".
If you try to attack Tatsuya (emphasis on try), Miyuki will turn you into ice. Have a slightly aggressive thought that could be vaguely construed as being potentially threatening to anything within 100 yards of Miyuki, and Tatsuya will vaporize you. If you're lucky.
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 02:51   Link #1643
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Scenario #1:
Miyuki revealed as Yotsuba Miyuki, takes the position of official heir. Tatsuya, as her brother, is revealed as Yotsuba Tatsuya.

Scenario #2:
Miyuki revealed as Yotsuba Miyuki, takes the position of official heir. Tatsuya "revealed" (official Yotsuba line; not reality) to have been posing as her brother for protection, remains Shiba Tatsuya.

Discuss.
First can happen very easy, and tatsuya getting the name yotsuba will also put miyuki at ease. Remember as miyuki said in volume 5 she own her life to him, she considers the life she has now, who she is now and who she will become all because he gave her life back 4 years ago. For her to have her life elevated to such high status and his to be relegated to not even human status is something unthinkable for her and most likely won't do it.

The second possibility, not likely. That would mean for miyuki to publicly acknowledge that tatsuya is not her Oni-sama and that she is on a different standing then him, yeah that's not gonna happen . Even now when no one knows their social status miyuki starts to go ballistic at any remarks that implies her is better then him in anyway. Do you really believe miyuki will publicly deny tatsuya being her Oni-sama and say he is a lowly tool, because the yotsuba said so? We are greatly overestimate her loyalty to the yotsuba which is not where near as strong as her loyalty and devotion to him.
Not to mention that having miyuki do this kind of thing publicly will cause miyuki pain and suffering and that will not be acceptable by tatsuya not even from the yotsuba. His only concern is miyuki's well being and happiness, anyone/anything that steps over that is an enemy that needs to be annihilated, or so were his words more or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe Nei View Post
It's not that confunsing. Erika wasn't named Chiba Erika until graduating from middle school.

It's not about lineage but status.
Not the same thing. erika was born from an affair her father had with his mistress she only took the name chiba after his father official wife died.
Tatsuya is not born from an unofficial affair, he is born as a yotsuba.
And the yotsuba don't use their clan name not because of status, they don`t use it because they want to keep who the members are, a secret. It would be difficult to hide who's an yotsuba if they all use the name yotsuba.
Only the public faces of the clan bears the name yotsuba, like maya and a few other people i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Yeah but I don't understand Mitsugu. He thinks Tatsuya is a sin and need to be locked in the basement, I'm not sure if Maya also think they must locked Tatsuya or she still think tatsuya can be useeful.
I think the whole sin thing is mitsugu personal opinion otherwise everything in the story is confusing as hell.
If the whole clan considers him "sin" and a existence that shouldn't be allowed, an existence that might destroy them, why not kill him when he was a child and be done with it? Its not like yotsuba have any morality about killing.
Maya never said he wants to lock tatsuya up, what she said was to make sure miyuki will be next head so the yotsuba won't lose tatsuya in the process that will lead to losing miyuki as well, because if it ever came to a choice between her brother and the clan well we know which miyuki will chose.
i`m looking forward what the so called "sin" that mitsugu spoke of really is.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 03:18   Link #1644
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post

I think the whole sin thing is mitsugu personal opinion otherwise everything in the story is confusing as hell.
If the whole clan considers him "sin" and a existence that shouldn't be allowed, an existence that might destroy them, why not kill him when he was a child and be done with it? Its not like yotsuba have any morality about killing.
Just like Alucard Hellsing.

Locked in the basement and released when they need to use the Weapon.
Alucard is the Ultimate Weapon.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 04:05   Link #1645
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Just like Alucard Hellsing.

Locked in the basement and released when they need to use the Weapon.
Alucard is the Ultimate Weapon.
It is quite diferent. Tatsuya won t kill anyone because the yotsuba orders him, he kills to protect miyuki, he isn t the yotsuba doggie.

About the "sin" or whatever related to tats i think the he is the way he is because maya wants to. I would even say that she likes tats( as far as maya can like someone...) seeing as she lets him go to school and basically do whatever he wants while the other yotsubas would keep him the house, give miyuki another guardian and only let tats out when needed. Hell maya even lets him desobey her in the reminescence arc...
For me it is quite possible that he is the result of the experience dahan was making on maya's eggs and that the yotsuba brought with them when they saved maya. Later on they had to do some "sin" in order to finish the experiment and very few ppl know it. Even later maya decides that tats will marry miyuki and has miya use magic on their brains (at least miyuki) because she already likes him before he saved her, and lets face it. sisters don t fall in love for brothers that don t even speak to her or show any emption and are seen as slaves...
And maya has at least some surprise for tats.... She has a black box for him when she thinks he is ready...
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 04:08   Link #1646
Voceane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
You know ... this whole discussion about Tatsuya's operation ... has made me wonder about one thing...

What if ... Miyuki has been 'artificially created' in a desperate attempt of the Yotsuba clan to have a way of controlling the crystallization of their sin.

I'm aware that 'officially' there is only a year apart from Tatsuya's and Miyuki's age, but I also find it suspicious how a frail women like Miya managed to have two pregnancies with only about ... 3 months of difference between the time where her first pregnancy ended and the second one has started.

I'm also aware of the fact that artificially conceived magicians have a smaller life span then naturally born ones ... but the Yotsuba might also have equipment that is more advanced then what the rest of the world has got ... and ... finally, they might have been really desperate to make this attempt of controlling Tatsuya, succeed.

Not to mention ... it has been mentioned, in the spoilers for volume 13, that Minami is a stable 'artificially augmented magician' ... so it's not like there aren't any hints that suggest that Yotsuba's technology in creating artificial magicians is well developed...

Basically ... the Yotsuba have committed another sin ... in other to control their first sin...
I'm happy that someone think the same. Some month ago, I said that Miyuki was create to reduce the destruction a baby who has no control over his power. As a baby the destruction was small but as he grows the power grow and the destruction too so they create Miyuki to seal his power before he create a scorch Halloween in the Yotsuba mansion. But the only answer was a PM from a Miyuki shipper.
Voceane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 04:52   Link #1647
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post

Maya never said he wants to lock tatsuya up, what she said was to make sure miyuki will be next head so the yotsuba won't lose tatsuya in the process that will lead to losing miyuki as well, because if it ever came to a choice between her brother and the clan well we know which miyuki will chose.
i`m looking forward what the so called "sin" that mitsugu spoke of really is.
I think there is a simple explanation of why they haven't killed Tatsuya when they realized what kind of magic abilities he has.

The reason is ... Tatsuya's self restoration ability ... which ... in my opinion is the first innate magical ability that Tatsuya 'mastered' ... considering how scarred his body has become in the present story time, along with the speed in which he can execute his self restoration magic ... which has already been stated that it surpasses a humans cognition speed...

Which also had a side effect of increasing the fear that the Yotsuba clan members have toward Tatsuya ... since, let's be honest there is nothing more terrifying then a person who you 'can't kill' ... no matter what you try to do... to him.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 05:04   Link #1648
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voceane View Post
I'm happy that someone think the same. Some month ago, I said that Miyuki was create to reduce the destruction a baby who has no control over his power. As a baby the destruction was small but as he grows the power grow and the destruction too so they create Miyuki to seal his power before he create a scorch Halloween in the Yotsuba mansion. But the only answer was a PM from a Miyuki shipper.
Just adding some thought: No one finds "weird" Sayuri and Tatsuro doesn't have child's?, even talking She have 3 years? now, She has been with Him at least 20 years or some, I mean look Erika profile, even now Sayuri is like 40 years old? but as state somewhere State and Gov encourage pregnancy among magicians, I don't think Yotsuba will complain after Miya death, but all this give thoughts how they 4th Clan) proactively manage child's "production and raising" cuz from somewhere Minami and her type comes from (I mean I not believe from ophanage or who knows where or DNA lineage), being raised, educated and indoctrinated, I take this from Vol 8 brief mention in the talk between Tats and Kazama about the later being impress how 13 years old Tats could defeat elite soldier hand to hand combat. Far I remember Yotsuba uses this as base, other Houses from 10 MC ORG uses the system allowed the 18, the 100s and extras, Yotsuba don't have it (dependence on families system), so, They have some kind of facility as Resident Evil version with tubes working as artificial wombs? or maybe Agent 47 inside 4th Institute organization?, maybe even mixed. They talk in the series about how strict Yotsuba Training program are, "the smell of death", here I could imagine like Toaru and Mikasa 20 thousand experiment in the way their training program only 30% could survive more than 20 years old, take for example: Navy Seals program, only 15% made it, We read Minami need to pass real fire test, How many like Minami (doesn't mean exact clones) die if not have enough proficiency to pass the test?

BTW: Somehow I got the feeling they are following the model of City State of Sparta: rules and policies
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 05:08   Link #1649
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I think there is a simple explanation of why they haven't killed Tatsuya when they realized what kind of magic abilities he has.

The reason is ... Tatsuya's self restoration ability ... which ... in my opinion is the first innate magical ability that Tatsuya 'mastered' ... considering how scarred his body has become in the present story time, along with the speed in which he can execute his self restoration magic ... which has already been stated that it surpasses a humans cognition speed...

Which also had a side effect of increasing the fear that the Yotsuba clan members have toward Tatsuya ... since, let's be honest there is nothing more terrifying then a person who you 'can't kill' ... no matter what you try to do... to him.
This doesn t make much sense. The yotsubas shouldn t fear tats as a child too much. They have the type of magic that can easier kill tats- mental interference! And as it targets the soul it is probably based on pushions, so tats can t decompose it. So they have a magic he can t defend nor recover from and it is one of the clan specialties. Either the seal blocks one of his abilities to defend agains mental interference magic or they have no reason to fear him...
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 06:44   Link #1650
Echizen777

Guys, aren't you overating Tatsuya's influence in his family? Even if he isnt loyal to his clan because of his brain he is still a Yotsuba. Yes he is feared and can nuke the lab but it would be the end for him, the remaining Yotsuba would kill him.Tatsuya is like that because thet wanted to. They know they must not touch Miyuki and they would never do that because she is a Yotsuba herself, he fulfils his role and obeys to Maya as long as his sister is safe and that he can stay her guardian. He has no reason to betray them, he may be not recognized but he is indeed a Yotsuba thespoiler with Kazama deciding to tell him nothinr made me really happy.

And why do you want Tatsuya to be born unaturally? It doesn't make sense. Tatsuya is Miya and Tatsurou firstbchild he resembles his dad. He was once treated ad a family member surely before they tered his powers but mo ies have been erased they forbid him to interact normally with Miyuki and played with his brain. That's alk everything is explained in vol4 idk why you want more the only thing left is to know his interactions with the clanslen when hr was not hated. As a Yotsuba he was guaranted to be OP. Its not like everyone as a complex like Makoto.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 06:53   Link #1651
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
This doesn t make much sense. The yotsubas shouldn t fear tats as a child too much. They have the type of magic that can easier kill tats- mental interference! And as it targets the soul it is probably based on pushions, so tats can t decompose it. So they have a magic he can t defend nor recover from and it is one of the clan specialties. Either the seal blocks one of his abilities to defend agains mental interference magic or they have no reason to fear him...
No need to use such an exotic method, especially considering his anti-magic superiority. Even if a spell uses pushions for its effect, the activation and magic sequences use psions, which he can instantly disrupt with a quick Flash Cast of Decomposition.

Sure, multiple high-level (10 clans level) magicians could likely overwhelm him (with casualties), but Regrowth's greatest counter is a well-timed explosive sniper round to the head. Instant death, no Regrowth. All they'd have to do is make sure that he's not using Elemental Sight at the time (which he usually isn't, other than his necessarily narrow subconscious focus on Miyuki) and that the assassin isn't detectable from Tatsuya's location via normal means (taking into account his ninja-honed senses). This is all information Yotsuba would know.

Tatsuya certainly knows this, too, which is probably why nearly all the named characters in the series who could pull off something like this are conveniently allied with him (Kazama, Yakumo, etc.).
Old 2014-05-02, 07:04   Link #1652
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Tatsuya certainly knows this, too, which is probably why nearly all the named characters in the series who could pull off something like this are conveniently allied with him (Kazama, Yakumo, etc.).
No, because they are his allies, they are allowed to know his secret.

Lina is well-above capable of doing such thing but she doesn't know about his re-growth hence she is defeated.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 07:19   Link #1653
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
No need to use such an exotic method, especially considering his anti-magic superiority. Even if a spell uses pushions for its effect, the activation and magic sequences use psions, which he can instantly disrupt with a quick Flash Cast of Decomposition.

Sure, multiple high-level (10 clans level) magicians could likely overwhelm him (with casualties), but Regrowth's greatest counter is a well-timed explosive sniper round to the head. Instant death, no Regrowth. All they'd have to do is make sure he's not using Elemental Sight at the time (which he usually isn't, other than his necessarily narrow subconscious focus on Miyuki) and the assassin isn't detectable from Tatsuya's location. This is all information Yotsuba would know.

technically anyone with a sniper rifle can shot his head off as long as they know how to use the rifle, you don`t have to be a magician to do that.

There's a problem with multiple mages fighting 1 single target, the magic interferes with each other and cancels it self out. As seen in when they tried to stop the bus in volume 3 if tats didn`t use gram dispersion to erase all the magic in the area nobody could've stopped that bus, so for him fighting multiple magicians at one time is actually an advantage since decomposition is not affected by the use of other magics in the area.

Besides he has no reason to fight the yotsuba , yet. Unless they do something stupid he has no reason to fight them.
Old 2014-05-02, 07:22   Link #1654
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
It is quite diferent. Tatsuya won t kill anyone because the yotsuba orders him, he kills to protect miyuki, he isn t the yotsuba doggie.

About the "sin" or whatever related to tats i think the he is the way he is because maya wants to. I would even say that she likes tats( as far as maya can like someone...) seeing as she lets him go to school and basically do whatever he wants while the other yotsubas would keep him the house, give miyuki another guardian and only let tats out when needed. Hell maya even lets him desobey her in the reminescence arc...
For me it is quite possible that he is the result of the experience dahan was making on maya's eggs and that the yotsuba brought with them when they saved maya. Later on they had to do some "sin" in order to finish the experiment and very few ppl know it. Even later maya decides that tats will marry miyuki and has miya use magic on their brains (at least miyuki) because she already likes him before he saved her, and lets face it. sisters don t fall in love for brothers that don t even speak to her or show any emption and are seen as slaves...
And maya has at least some surprise for tats.... She has a black box for him when she thinks he is ready...
No he's quite similar.
Alucard only follow his master Integra Hellsing. No one can give command to Alucard except Integra.

They didn't want to kill him instead they want to lock him and only use the Weapon in the right time.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 08:41   Link #1655
Echizen777

But Tatsuya obeys to his superiors in the army, Maya and some of his senpais.
Old 2014-05-02, 08:51   Link #1656
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
But Tatsuya obeys to his superiors in the army, Maya and some of his senpais.
Not true, his relation with the military as he said to kazama is based on mutual advantages, as long as its advantageous for him he will fallow kazama's orders, point on kazama's.
With maya is so so, sometimes he does what she asks sometimes flat out says no, like when she ordered him to drop from school, with the pixie parasite as well, most likely he will say no to laying low at the house for rest of the year in this volume etc.
I woldn't call obeying his senpais , he more asks like a normal person to not draw attention to himself or to create problems for miyuki at school.

Prettty much obeys whatever order its in his and miyukis best interest, like keeping the 10mc connection a secret, keeping his magic a secret, keeping taurus silver a secret the list goes on.

But if it ever happens that revealing one of his secrets is in his or miyuki's best interest he will do it.
Old 2014-05-02, 09:02   Link #1657
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
What Kyle XY trip?
About clones and who woke up first

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 09:08   Link #1658
Echizen777

So he obeys unless his interests are menaced like every normal person. I, for example obey to my parents but if they order me to do something like destroy my laptop, obviously I would refuse. He obeys but is not submissive unlike the other clansmen or Miyuki towards him
Old 2014-05-02, 09:29   Link #1659
pampz21
ShipCore

Spoiler for Erika:

Need to buy one real quick#

BTW Isnt it cute?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 09:32   Link #1660
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Spoiler for Erika:

Need to buy one real quick#

BTW Isnt it cute?
oh man... you are to obvious. But the trinket is really nice, do you have mayumi as well