AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-24, 13:59   Link #141
zeross87

they really need to tone down the cliffhanger it's ridiculous, even more knowing what's comming ^^"
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-24, 14:30   Link #142
AntonKutovoi

Wait. Did Soma just brought a living octopus infront of a child, who can converse with animals, and than proceeded to kill said octopus right before her eyes? That's kinda fucked up, man.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-24, 15:13   Link #143
leongsh
Daijoubu!

... Why? Why? Why that "Salt Bae" pose/move? Why?

Ugh...

Each episode seems to have something that will bug me. Episode 4 is that signature salt sprinkling move by the Turkish cook, Nusret Gokce, who is nicknamed Salt Bae. He became a meme for that move, and had celebrities flocking to his steak house to see him do his stuff. Ugh.

There is no reason to do it that way but the anime went and put that in. Ugh.

Last edited by leongsh; 2021-07-24 at 15:38.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-24, 15:43   Link #144
magnuskn

Is this really a 12 episode show? Because with this pacing we won't have gotten to Souma talking to all the heads of state even once. Also, ridiculous cliffhangers.
Old 2021-07-24, 15:54   Link #145
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Did we really need a cliffhanger for the surprise food ?
Not really sure, since the Preview for next Episode (posted on "「KING AMUSEMENT CREATIVE」公式チャンネル" Youtube Channel), already spoils it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Wait. Did Soma just brought a living octopus infront of a child, who can converse with animals, and than proceeded to kill said octopus right before her eyes? That's kinda fucked up, man.
Well, its more like she had already accepted that part of her life. I mean she had been a Refugee for quite a while, and also hunted for food herself. So, she is probably used to it (considering she isn't a vegetarian).
Also, technically, Tomoe can't really Converse with Animals, but rather understand their feelings when she focuses on them (because her ability is a form of Rare Magic, which isn't always active). So, all she has to do is not focus while an Animal is slaughtered in front of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
... Why? Why? Why that "Salt Bae" pose/move? Why?
Because it seems that Japan Anime industry has just recently caught up with that Meme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Is this really a 12 episode show? Because with this pacing we won't have gotten to Souma talking to all the heads of state even once. Also, ridiculous cliffhangers.
13 Episode, actually.
But from the speed the plot is moving, i would say that they are going to cover only until LN v02 (or maybe some parts of v03 at most). Not more than that, as not enough time.
This makes me wonder if this Series already did get "green signal" for Season 2, which is why they are going so slow.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-24, 18:44   Link #146
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

At this pace, it's definitely just going to only cover up to volume 2. I just hope it's split cour for the next season to cover the next 2 volumes to complete the first arc of the series. They do tend to do sudden announcements of season 2 after the last episode.

And they changed up the order of the food servings. The tsukudani was served last and it had more to it than that. The mystery item was after the roots and some other items that Souma skipped due to being too exotic. A minor change just for that cliffhanger when the tsukudani was much more impactful for the discovery of miso and soy sauce and more. They skipped the whole thing about the doll Souma was making, though the OP already showed it's also going to be controlled by Souma from how it has purple eyes like the feather pens.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-25, 08:36   Link #147
Xiyon

So what's the ingredient that triggered the cliffhanger? Wrong answers only, please!

Here's my guess: Kobold wiener XD
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-30, 05:47   Link #148
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-21 at 06:09.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-30, 08:47   Link #149
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
So what's the ingredient that triggered the cliffhanger? Wrong answers only, please!

Here's my guess: Kobold wiener XD
A yacht, Katsura-San and a duffle bag.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-31, 13:01   Link #150
Frontier

So they were able to take the slime equivalent of this universe and make Udon out of it? Talk about taking the fantastical and making it mundane .

I love how Liscia shoves the food onto Souma instead of trying it. After making them the taste testers, he kind of had it coming .

Admittedly Marx had done a pretty solid job of advising and working with Souma as part of the royal transition, but he knows when it's time to abdicate for the next generation and set Hakuya up as someone who can really soar working with Souma. And while they can't afford him taking a lavish retirement, he got Souma to acknowledge his intelligence and appreciate him, which is its own reward .

Hakuya's first order of business is making sure Souma finally takes a day off otherwise this becomes a nation of workaholics, and what better way to relax than with a date with Liscia? Souma actually blushed at the prospect so it definitely seems like he's starting to be as interested in Liscia as she is in him .

We finally get to see Aisha and Liscia in combat, and against each other to boot, and they both seem like powerful and regal combatants! Liscia having ice magic is also kind of ironic when thinking about Re:Zero .

Everyone thought Aisha was this proud, stoic, warrior Dark Elf, but she's really more of an excitable and over-enthusiastic dork...it's just too bad that makes her seem like a letdown compared to the image she projects .

Time for Souma, Liscia, and Aisha to go incognito as high school students! We got them all in school uniforms as well as Liscia in pigtails and glasses, and Aisha's boobs that the uniform barely covers up. They all looked great .

Poor Soum...I mean, Kazuya. He gave his name in Japanese order and now everyone thinks "Souma" is actually his first name, and that's what the legal documents show. Even the Opening treats Souma like his first name. I guess he'll have to get used to that one .

Juna is luckily pretty quick on the uptake

I thought when Souma brought up his and Liscia's engagement the shock was that Souma was taking his engagement seriously, not that he doesn't need to hold himself back for one wife because polygamy is legal for both genders. A man can definitely fantasize about a Harem, and Liscia even sets the limit at eight for what she'll allow, but I think Souma should clear up his relationship with Liscia before he should start thinking about a Harem .

So Liscia's mother wasn't just the real mind behind the throne, she was actually the real royal while her husband married into being the king. So Liscia's claim to the throne is through her mother. No wonder the king kept looking behind him to see what the queen thought .

Hal is the redhead guy from the Opening? With wings? I take it he'll be pretty plot relevant, although I want to get to better know the cute animal girl .
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Lovely ladies in bikini's .

Is Souma going to teach everyone about swimsuits so we can get a beach episode ?

Last edited by Frontier; 2021-07-31 at 13:17.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-31, 14:25   Link #151
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-21 at 06:12.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-31, 19:48   Link #152
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

And they completely skipped the important move that the food broadcast did. He actually gave the mystic wolf refugees(Tomoe's clan) some work because they know the way to produce the soy sauce and miso that was in the tsukudani locust as mentioned by Poncho. He provided them with facilities and made them monopolize its production so they won't remain refugees anymore and become proper people in the kingdom. That was also as important as the gelin udon.
And the cliffhangers are getting ridiculous. I guess with all the talking, it's something to hook you into the next episode but still. And that mock battle between Aisha and Liscia looked terrible. I'm not looking forward to how vol 2 is going to get covered with this quality.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-01, 03:15   Link #153
scififan

This episode confirms the story is going harem route. Besides talking about how many wives the princess can tolerate, the yuusha has the mental image of wives.

The new prime minister is Komin. Not sure if the name is playing on Romance of Three Kingdoms.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-01, 05:53   Link #154
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
And they completely skipped the important move that the food broadcast did. He actually gave the mystic wolf refugees(Tomoe's clan) some work because they know the way to produce the soy sauce and miso that was in the tsukudani locust as mentioned by Poncho. He provided them with facilities and made them monopolize its production so they won't remain refugees anymore and become proper people in the kingdom. That was also as important as the gelin udon.
And the cliffhangers are getting ridiculous. I guess with all the talking, it's something to hook you into the next episode but still. And that mock battle between Aisha and Liscia looked terrible. I'm not looking forward to how vol 2 is going to get covered with this quality.
hum all those dosent have THAT much impact latter on in the novel so i don't think we're missing something critical here.

i have to agree i am very disapointed with the animation quality of the mock battle . it would have been acceptable 15years ago but come on... we can do better than that today. i really hope they'll up it when it get important because that just meh.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-01, 06:23   Link #155
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Hal is the redhead guy from the Opening? With wings? I take it he'll be pretty plot relevant
Hal didn't appear in the OP.
That Red Hair Guy with Wings is not Hal. He was already introduced in Episode 01, as Castor Vargas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
The new prime minister is Komin. Not sure if the name is playing on Romance of Three Kingdoms.
New Prime Minister's name is "Hakuya Kwonmin".

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
i have to agree i am very disapointed with the animation quality of the mock battle . it would have been acceptable 15years ago but come on... we can do better than that today.
Just remember "Realist Hero" Series is actually under "Overlap" (both Light Novel & Manga), the same company whose first Anime project was "Arifureta" in 2019.

Though the Animation Production Studios are different for both the Anime Series, but considering the origin company is the same (since they are the ones who is funding the Anime adaptation), maybe there is chance of "fund cut-offs" because of which we get lower quality animation for now.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-01, 10:11   Link #156
Frontier

Well, it's not unheard of for studios to save up budget for pivotal action sequences...
Old 2021-08-01, 21:03   Link #157
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
The true meme is that a Japanese got called a weeb there.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-07, 13:00   Link #158
Frontier

It sounds pretty cool on paper to have three Duke's leading your fantasy forces on land, sea, and air...except they all have their own, independent, political power, so if they don't respect or acknowledge their rule, like they're doing with Kazuya, it makes things more complicated for Elfrieden .

You've got to make sure you can tell your animal people apart in an Isekai setting .

Kazuya was just out for a nice, pleasant, date for some time off and then he overhears discussion over possible rebellion, civil war, and the kingdom being consumed by infighting while other nations pick up the pieces. It's not easy being a king .

I don't know what was more funnier, Kaede realizing who she was talking to, scrambling to talk some sense into Hal, or Kazuya getting to do the "surprise king reveal" trope .

Hal is all bluster up until Aisha grabs him by the face. Even Juna had a weapon ready to stab him if he tried anything funny with Kazuya. Juna really isn't someone to mess with .

Kazuya hitting Hal where it hurts by making him think of how his defecting to Carmine might impact his relationship with Kaede. He might think he's making the right decision, but could he really abandon his precious childhood friend like that ?

Juna seemed really touched by what Kazuya had to say. Could she have fallen for him ?

And how is Kazuya rewarded for talking sense into Halbert? Why, with a Liscia lap pillow of course! And it offered them a prime opportunity to discuss their relationship and the engagement. Liscia is fine with it, although she deflects her feelings by saying it's just what royalty does and that she can't run the kingdom better than he can, but Kazuya wants to marry for love. But Liscia's true feelings shine through when she asks Kazuya if he could fall in love with her, likely as she has for him by this point .

I love how Aisha looks like she's deep asleep but it turns out she had just been pretending while Kazuya and Liscia have all this deep relationship talk. I guess she read the mood well enough until the end .

Kazuya has learned how to create a mascot character with his power! Congratulations Kazuya .

Well, Halbert's dad gave him a good thrashing after he found out what happened and how he disrespected the king. He was an idiot, but I'm not sure if he deserved a beating for it...all the same, Kazuya was able to save Halbert's boyish good looks for the sake of Kaede and bump up Kaede's position by acknowledging her loyalty and intelligence, and even paired the two together! He's sure doing his best to make this childhood friend pairing happen .

I love how Liscia's maid is making sure she gets relationship advice from the childhood friend duo .

So what's the big reveal Magna gave Kazuya? Is Carmine making his move ?
Old 2021-08-09, 02:09   Link #159
scififan

The guy utters the classic quote from the samurai TV show:余の顔を見忘れたか!
After the Taikun makes this statement, there will be a series of group sword fights among samuri and ninja.

scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-14, 13:09   Link #160
Frontier

So...no follow-up from last weeks cliffhanger? Okay .

Kazuya is ready to live out the typical adventure Isekai experience...through his living poltergeist mascot character, of course, who grows big and ends up joining an adventuring party and even manages to have a romantic adventure experience of taking a hit for a girl, princess carrying her, and then letting her take care of him as she flusters like a tsundere. And somehow can even understand the mascot character! I'm not sure if that relationship is going anywhere, but it was definitely unexpected .

Liscia in the bath with her pants rolled up her leg was surprisingly cute .

Well, it's good of Kazuya to praise how hard the kingdom's civil servants worked to make the possibility of a new city that can better manage shipping food resources and supply and demand happen, and even if he can't give them medals he can praise their contribution to the city, give them time off, and even off them the kingdom's best wine as a reward. Kazuya's a good boss .

Look at Kazuya blushing with Liscia so close to him! And Liscia wouldn't ever want them to summon another hero, as Souma is more than enough for her as she kisses his sleeping face .

Kazuya's dream city now has a new threat of a tsunami, but better to move out of the way of potential disaster than to place yourself right in front of it on the off chance it's time for a tsunami to hit. And now he knows to prepare the kingdom and the people near the coast in case of tsunami. He'll bump up the kingdom's disaster relief efforts for sure .

Liscia gauges Aisha's interest in Souma by asking if she likes him...and Aisha respects him a lot, although I don't think that's quite what Liscia meant. Especially when Liscia looks so lovingly at Kazuya like she's his wife already .

Oh wait, no cliffhanger? That's weird .

Last edited by Frontier; 2021-08-14 at 13:32.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote