Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-18, 08:37   Link #121
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
I admit I'm guilty, but Bleach does deserve its bashing. It's REALLY lame...
well let me prepare the guilotine then... be ready for it!

bleach maybe suck sometimes but for sometime I have more excitement when reading it...this week chapter is two tumb up for kubo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
This Chapter sucks.?
thanks for giving a testimonial...we always reserved a dustbin for you!
Old 2009-09-18, 09:34   Link #122
SuperiorX

EPIC EPIC EPIC.... ODA is awsome kishi and kubo could learn a lot.

and darn what a way to build up the suspense.
Old 2009-09-18, 10:21   Link #123
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

This chapter was really good. This war between pirates and the marines is getting better and better. I hope Luffy has something up his sleeve or he going to be following Ore Jr. into the grave. He knows the Marines plans so how he going to do this?

If luffy gets past or defeats even one of the bigger players then Oda is gonna have to come up with something very reasonable within the one piece unvierse.

I like how Commodore Smoker shakes off the pirate cutting him in half like its nothing. If Commodore Smoker survives this war I think he will be up for a promotion for two reason. One he is awesome and two a alot of the big player on both sides are going to be killed off so that means room for promotion.

I am really amazed at all the characters Oda has been able to comeup with in the One Piece Universe. Each character old and new are pretty solid and not just nameless heads.

I was reading Wiki and Sengoku was an era in japan which was considered Japan's dark age. If this information is real then I wonder what kind of power or skill Fleet Admiral Sengoku will have. I wonder if his power will have anything to do with his name since it was part of he Japanese history? Come to think of its Fleet Admiral Sengoku reminds me of Sun Tzu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superior X
EPIC EPIC EPIC.... ODA is awsome kishi and kubo could learn a lot.

and darn what a way to build up the suspense.
I agree.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2009-09-18 at 11:22. Reason: Forgot to add a thought.
Old 2009-09-18, 11:41   Link #124
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Suspense is one thing, but when suspense turns into illogic, it gets wrong. I NEVER conceived Whitebeard to be the purposeless 'rep' sort. I would have thought that, given the impression that was hoisted onto him, what with the "All of his crew members are his sons", and "He takes the hurt of even one of his members extremely seriously", he would have come out pretty mad, and just stormed the whole bay by himself, even.

I thought he would have been desecrating everything by now. I never expected him to stand back with his arms crossed and play Mr. I'm-too-cool. I honesty would have respected him a bit more if he immediately got to the point and tried to save Ace.

Not only that, but the situation would have seemed more urgent. I doubt that, if Whitebeard had just hopped onto the bay and slaughtered about 50 marines in one swipe, Sengoku would be standing there.

I think he would have been rushing to get Ace's head off. And then we could have seen a better introduction for Marco: something like him flying in in the nick of time to block Sengoku's sword strike to Ace, then being buffeted back by Kizaru, who blasts light in Whitebeard's general direction, hoping to slow down the carnage wreaking beast, who is rapidly approaching the execution stake.

And then, quickly pulling out a Light Saber, he tries to slash down on Ace's neck, but fails miserably, when out of nowhere, a shadows looms over the entire bay, and Oz Jr.'s huge fist makes waste of the execution stake. Ace is out of reach temporarily, and it's a huge race to see which side gets to him first.

The marines are still the closest, and, this would have given some more character to Coby: if Coy was the one who Soru'-d (picture the shaded panel, and the darkened eye effect) to Ace and in awesome, Shonen Awesome character hype style, he flawlessly delivers Ace about halfway back to Sengoku when <insert random Whitebeard Pirate with super speed here> clashes with him in midair, and snatches Ace free.

Sengoku sees Ace slipping away...things are getting desperate: if Whitebeard's side recovers Ace, then the Marines have no leverage. Because if Ace is no longer the Pirates' #1 goal, then their only remaining goal is vengance...and that means Whitebeard can just switch into Pure-destructo-mode.

Desperate, he gives out the order: "All units: permission granted to execute Portgas D. Ace on sight!!!"

Now the Marines don't have to bring Ace to Sengoku or a senior officer anymore. They can just snuff him out on sight. Bad news: there're tons of ambitious marines who would love to off Ace to get a promotion. And here we see a conflicted Garp. What he did could have been up to Oda.

We get a quick cut to Whitebeard's current status, the first panel we see is a sharp, determined eye: then, Mihawk's Black Sword slashing down on Whitebeard's back with no warning, full force...just to be averted by a mammoth punch from Jozu, which completely knocks the wind from Mihawk's lungs, and sends him curled into a bunch on the floor. Jozu comes in for the final strike, a blow to the Mihawk's already floored head, and is taken by surprise when his fist bites hard earth...next panel, we see Mihawk gracefully heading for Whitebeard again, and in the background, Jozu's head is severed from his body.

And then we get back to the point We see Kizaru and <insert very speedy pirate from Whitebeard's side here> almost blitzing across the bay, snatching Ace in split second maneuvers. Kizaru is constantly force to change to Light form since Whitebeard Pirates are shooting at him. At critical moments he is frustrated because in his Light form, he can't hold on to Ace. Kizaru doesn't see a something detrimental: just as he returns to solid form to snatch Ace, Akainu just dashes above him, and erupts, geysering Lava upwards at...?

A huge, sharp, precise spear of water that was heading straight for Kizaru's heart with impeccable timing...but Akainu doesn't stop erupting, even after the water has evaporated...he just keeps going, and intensifies his efforts...

A shadow is looming over the bay. Frantic voices are shouting from help from...the sky? A huge wave suddenly crashes into Akainu's Lava and cancels it out, turning it into solid rock, forming a huge covering over the bay. It turns out that Luffy and Co. fell from the sky, and the water spear was from Jinbei, who was attempting to save Ace from Kizaru. The huge wave that Jinbei also created is still barely receeding when Aokiji joins the fray, with perfect timing...timing great enough to freeze the water still in mid-air while the pirates are falling.

Most are frozen solid, only a few escape. And...

...You know? Some co-ordination, and logic. A war doesn't mean the ultimate goal is forgotten. The marines should be prioritizing killing Ace. Whitebeard shouldn't be standing up as if nothing is happening.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-09-18, 11:59   Link #125
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
thanks for giving a testimonial...we always reserved a dustbin for you!
You double post, and you come at me with a weak line like that. Just Stop or try harder, you decide.

Quote:

Spoiler for Killer Words:
What a snail, hope it ain't true.
Old 2009-09-18, 13:14   Link #126
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I am sooooo glad i decided to skip reading the spoilers for this week. I read the entire chapter with a giant grin.

Epic stuff happening, The entrance was indeed spectacular. Luffy's bounty is going to be sky-high after all this is over.

One piece is single handedly redeeming the mediocrity of other shounen jump manga's i wouldn't dare mention.

Damn oda, you manga genius. =.=

Last edited by Poetic Justice; 2009-09-18 at 13:52.
Old 2009-09-18, 14:16   Link #127
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Another epic chapter, reached a whole new level.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-09-18, 14:44   Link #128
'Pryde
I am better than you

tashigi lookin good =P
Old 2009-09-18, 15:31   Link #129
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
haha smoker's been there all this time fighting. Too bad he don't get any screen time XD
Old 2009-09-18, 16:03   Link #130
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
haha smoker's been there all this time fighting. Too bad he don't get any screen time XD
Don't worry, we'll see more of him when he squares off against Luffy.
Old 2009-09-18, 16:11   Link #131
noktown

The chapter looks awesome and stuff and Luffy looks cool,but I'm not really sure in Luffy's confidence it's not some regular Marines he'll be fighting that he could KO hundreds in 1 Atk...

That's Marine Admirals and Shichibukai,So i expect to either see something new of him (Possible Haki control) or i expect him to get really mad so every 1 would feel the Haki ;o
Old 2009-09-18, 17:05   Link #132
Prestige

Reading chapter without spoilers is so much more entertaining...

Thats it, for next week I will skip all spoilers and get full chapter at suprise...

It will be hard as hell but I will be more happy when chapter arrives...
Old 2009-09-18, 18:40   Link #133
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
dude wait until this arc gets animated. The animators will have so much material to fill each episode with. Like for example "filler" fighting screen time for characters like smoker, Thunder Lord Makugai(Marvel B), and just bad ass but fodder new world captains or va's. This arc will go down in anime hall of fame once it's animated.
Old 2009-09-18, 20:00   Link #134
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
About time they finally showed what Tashigi and Smoker were up to. I've been wondering about Tashigi.
Old 2009-09-19, 01:57   Link #135
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

The big three really picked up their game this week. Just not so obvious for one piece.

I really liked the reaction of buggy and Iva when Luffy challenged WB. Poor Iva, he's been shocked all this time. From the realization of Dragon having a son, to Ace not being Dragon's son, to this. My condolences
Old 2009-09-19, 02:32   Link #136
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Kinda off topic, but to anyone who read Naruto this week, Saskue's Susanoo reminded me a lot of Magallen's Hell's Judgement, or vice versa.

Last edited by Tommy; 2009-09-19 at 02:44.
Old 2009-09-19, 03:19   Link #137
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
Another epic chapter, reached a whole new level.
No...
it's just another awesome chapter...but not so epic...just awesome...

Finaly I found the pandaman...!!!after reading it for the 4th times...
Old 2009-09-19, 10:29   Link #138
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
No...
it's just another awesome chapter...but not so epic...just awesome...

Finaly I found the pandaman...!!!after reading it for the 4th times...
The panda man in page 3 right? If it wasn't for your post, I would've never noticed.
Old 2009-09-19, 10:30   Link #139
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

After reading about our everyday sasuke power up and another ultimately retarded bleach episode including some child games turning into reality or some other weird +%&, I can say that this chapter was awesome.
Old 2009-09-19, 10:59   Link #140
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I thought he would have been desecrating everything by now. I never expected him to stand back with his arms crossed and play Mr. I'm-too-cool. I honesty would have respected him a bit more if he immediately got to the point and tried to save Ace.
Well, we don't know how long the war has been going on for. I mean, its probably only been 10 minutes or so since WB arrived.

Btw, this chapter sucked.